prompt.
    every so often when eve wakes up she notices something strange

everything seems colorless

smells are too intense

but as she wakes up more fully and goes about her daily routine,

all that fades.

and goes back to normal.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 12:31 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Ashdown Crier

cibarium
Crew

Noob

Ashdown Crier
Captain

Daring Seeker

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 5:09 pm
unfortunately, eve is all too awake.  
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 8:41 am
"Pet," called Eve to Leila one Sunday morning, as the latter was cracking eggs to make a late breakfast.

There was always one among a handful of emotions behind using that name: affection; playfulness; their particular, cultivated amorousness. This time it was concern. Not quite worry. But something that needed to be talked out.

So Leila paused her meal prep and turned towards her partner, expression and body language asking after the problem.

Eve continued: "Remember those nightmares you were having before your trip to the forest?"

That made Leila turn more fully around, expression going flat. "That's not happening to you, is it..."

"No." She shook her head. "Actually, I'm not sure. Do you remember anything else happening, besides just the dreams?"

"Besides showing up one day in Spookdown and suddenly having light magic?" Leila moved to the stove, where the small overhead light by the filter fan turned on immediately -- even though it had been broken for weeks. While she somewhat messily dropped pieces of French toast into a pan, she continued, with some apprehension, "No, I don't think so. Why? What's wrong?"

Eve wheeled farther into the kitchen to start some tea, a silent encouragement for the simple domestic routine to continue as the mood in the room got more tense. "Well, I could smell you taking the bread out, from all the way over in bed." She liked to sleep late on Sundays; a simple but comforting indulgence. "And your shampoo, on the pillow... strong as if you were still there. And that's only a few. Lots of smells, but... also no color, until just now."

It was admittedly sort of beautiful to see their home come to life before her eyes, so to speak -- the curtains, the house plants, Clover's fur, Leila's face. But it was very different from how mornings normally went, and the fact that it had happened more than once now was a reason for concern.

"Eve," Leila sighed. She was stretching out the vowel sound of the name in an airy whine, a clear sign of worry and exasperation. "That's weird, but... weird doesn't automatically mean magic. If something's messing with your senses like that, couldn't it be neurological?"

"Yes, yes, I know. I'll make a doctor's appointment, so you don't need to convince me of that." She touched her partner's arm, soothingly; Leila moved her hand up so their fingers would twine together momentarily, as her free hand moved finished toast onto a butter-colored plate. As she did so, Eve continued, "Something about this doesn't strike me as quite medical, though, so I'm going to keep looking around for other answers too."

The touch and reassurance helped Leila calm down a little, and she brushed some of her partner's hair away from her face as she picked up the plate full of toast and walked it over to the table. "I guess that's reasonable. Just promise me you'll let me know if any more weirdness comes up, okay?"

"Of course. And don't forget the syrup, pet."

Affectionate, that time.

Ashdown Crier

cibarium
Crew

Noob

Ashdown Crier
Captain

Daring Seeker

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 9:38 am
prompt
    eve is interrupted from a perfectly normal dream by a lady in red.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 5:03 pm
prompt
    speaking of dreams

eve's circadian rhythm is all sorts of ******** up

she wants to be awake when it's night

and asleep when it's day

and that's just not a good way to run a business

Ashdown Crier
Captain

Daring Seeker

Ashdown Whaler
Crew

Distrustful Trickster

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 7:00 pm
congratulations, visitors!
    you now have the honor of completing the power of love challenge. to complete this most excellent quest and unlock the powers that lie within, you must complete these requirements.
  • a drabble rp or comic of Leila and Eve deciding that they need to investigate and look into the magic of other ashdown more.
  • a drabble rp or comic of Leila and Eve wandering through other ashdown and talking about what they’ve learned about magic and the nature of what they are part of now
  • a drabble rp or comic of Leila and Eve practicing magic independently
  • artwork of Leila and Eve trying magic together; hand holding is required. it super cute and super gay
  • a drabble rp or comic or art of Leila and Eve taking a break from practicing magic and reflecting back on the changes that have come into their lives
  • a drabble rp or comic of Leila and Eve trying magic together again and realizing they can do something greater together with both of them when they truly connect
  • a drabble rp or comic or art of Leila and Eve reflecting back on their relationship; love, snuggles, and rest ensue from all the magic that they have done

in exchange, your character will receive this power:
    two as one no longer two, but one, the casters of this magic must share a close bond. one that is more than familiar attachment, something deep. they are able to pool their will together for a spell that is greater than something the both of them could do on their own. the casters must be in proximity to each other for it to work; either touching or within two feet of one another.

have fun, and let us know when you've completed your requirements!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:08 pm
congratulations, riser!
    you now have the honor of completing the the senses of another challenge. to complete this most excellent quest and unlock the powers that lie within, you must complete these requirements.
  • a RP where Eve helps guide and foster understanding of moonwalkers with another Visitor
  • a DM RP of Eve meditation in other ashdown and making a discovery (tag in Whaler).
  • a solo of reflection of what she's learned and where to go from there.
  • a DM RP of Eve encountering Ezra and, perhaps, learning a thing or two about the moonwalkers of the past.
  • a RP with another moonwalker and sharing what has been learned.

in exchange, your character will unlock an ability as a moonwalker through this quest that can later be attained by other moonwalkers!

Ashdown Whaler
Crew

Distrustful Trickster

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:41 am
  • a RP where Eve helps guide and foster understanding of moonwalkers with another Visitor [x]
  • a DM RP of Eve meditation in other ashdown and making a discovery (tag in Whaler). [x]
  • a solo of reflection of what she's learned and where to go from there. [x]
  • a DM RP of Eve encountering Ezra and, perhaps, learning a thing or two about the moonwalkers of the past. [x]
  • a RP with another moonwalker and sharing what has been learned. [x]

ashdown whaler

journals

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas