[PRP] Coffee Grab (COMPLETE) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:22 pm
Oliver found himself leaning against the table as Yves spoke, his expression only growing more concerned. However, once the story was told and he was assured that Lab was worthwhile, he felt far more sympathetic. It had to be an incredibly difficult decision to make and not one to make lightly.

"Well, that is something to look forward to." He replied, echoing the laugh. "Some things happen solely because they do and I think that, even if you think you were in the wrong place at the wrong time, it was probably the right thing to do. Otherwise, that poor animal would've suffered for longer. You were there to save him, in a way."

He tapped the top of his cup in thought and smiled.

"With a combination like living bone and wolf, they're bound to be somewhat of a spectacle." He said, sheepishly. "When do you think they'll arrive?"

Logue

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:46 pm
As they went back and forth, Yves felt that he was talking to someone who was already a guardian. He had to stop and remind himself that Oliver was still trying. Hopefully he would soon be successful -- Yves enjoyed talking to them in their short time thus far, and it would be nice to have someone else to check in on with their progress or fears.

Straw held tentatively to his mouth, Yves hesitated to take another sip. "It was very difficult for me. I felt like I was stealing him from his owner, from himself. Sometimes I feel like I was very selfish, too." He lowered his gaze to his drink, eyes somber. His face lit up again shortly after when Oliver mentioned the combination of essence and soul.

"Oui," he agreed, a small smile tugging at the corner of his mouth. "I think they will be... very interesting. Hopefully not too wild. I don't know how Raevans usually are, so..." He scratched his neck. "But hopefully they will be here soon. I like to tell myself I'm ready, and I have to, but... well! I am definitely nervous."

Taking a long drink, Yves set his coffee cup aside and folded his arms on the table, leaning in a bit. He raised his eyebrows at Oliver, something stirring in his expression. "You said you were not a guardian yet... have you applied yet, though?"

Lavender Hues

Logue

Fluffy Pup

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:58 pm
Oliver nodded in understanding and resigned to listen for the moment. Noting the way the Yves held his straw, however, the professor was reminded of his coffee and took a few sips while it was still hot. It was good that he was so distracted, though! He hadn't had a good outing like this for a while.

"I think any first time parent would be nervous, regardless of how they became a parent." He replied, rubbing at the back of his head. "My sister was a nervous wreck when he daughter was born. I have no idea how I'll feel just yet."

His brows knitted at the question and for a moment he couldn't quite remember if he'd submitted an application yet. However, a second or so of thought brought him another wave of relief.

"Yes, actually, but I haven't heard back yet." He said. "I suppose it takes a while for these forms to be checked over and processed, right?"

Logue
sorry for the double quote, I realized that some of Oliver's words were italic and they shouldn't have been. > 3>

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:39 pm
Trying to remember when he applied, Yves sat back in his chair and looked up toward the ceiling. "Yes, it could be a while... I remember being very surprised when I suddenly received the bottles in the mail. It was actually a complete surprise."

He leaned forward again, using his forearms to support his weight on the table, and wagged a finger at Oliver. "You know, I would not be surprised if you just woke up one day and the package was sitting on your doorstep. Don't give up! You seem like a very nice guy. If they think you would be a suitable guardian, they will let you know one way or another."

From somewhere inside his book bag, a ringtone suddenly began to go off; it took Yves a moment to realize what it was, and he dug through his bag to check his phone. "My mother," he said, giving his phone a curious look. "I wonder what she needs. I will let it go to voicemail, but I'll call her back soon."

With that, Yves sat upright and drew his book near himself, tucking it away into his bag. He gave Oliver an apologetic smile. "Forgive me. I should call her back and see what she needs. But here..."

He took out a piece of scrap paper and scribbled something down on it. He then slid it across the table, toward Oliver. "This is my phone number. Text me sometime, oui? I would like to talk again." His smile grew sheepish. "If, um, if you want to, anyway. You don't have to. I'm sure I have taken up plenty of your time already."

Lavender Hues
ROFL it's okay, Gaia's notification system is so buggy for me that I didn't even notice. |DDD

Logue

Fluffy Pup

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:56 pm
Oliver couldn't help but shudder a bit at the thought of getting a sudden package in the mail. He would prefer a phone call or letter beforehand so he could have some time to prepare... But, if being spontaneous was the way Lab 305 was, he supposed that this meeting could count as his fair warning.

"Oh, it's no problem!" He replied, watching Yves as he wrote. "I know how mothers are, mine calls me all the time just to give me pie recipes."

He took the piece of paper with a smile and tucked it away in his jacket pocket. He'd enter it into his phone once he got home.

"Sure! ... As long as you don't mind me calling you if I have more questions!" He said, chuckling nervously. "I'm thankful for the answers you gave me today alone, though. You've really eased my nerves."

Logue
DO YOU THINK THIS IS GOOD FOR AN ENDING OR DO WE NEED ANOTHER POST TO WRAP IT UP?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:17 pm
Standing up, Yves slung his book bag over his shoulder and grabbed his coffee. He beamed at Oliver.

"Like I said, any way I can help," he assured, hoping he sounded encouraging. If there was one thing he liked, it was being helpful. He just had to be careful not to become overbearing, or Oliver might become fed up with his enthusiasm.

"You are welcome to message me any time you need me, okay?" He gave the side of his book bag a couple of gentle smacks. "I have many books at my disposal, too. I know, I know, the internet and all that, but sometimes it is nice to sit down with a good book, oui? Just let me know whenever you need my help."

Yves held his hand out for Oliver to shake, and again he smiled. "It was a pleasure to meet you, monsieur. I wish you luck with your application!"

As Yves began to turn to walk away, he looked over his shoulder and lifted his hand in a friendly wave. "Next time, coffee can be on me, oui?" he called, winking.

Lavender Hues
I THINK WE CAN CALL IT GOOD HERE unless you wanted to add anything? * o *

Logue

Fluffy Pup

--[ Biotic Interactions ]--

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items