Welcome to Gaia! ::

Matope

Back to Guilds

Tags: matope, kimeti, pets, breedables, Role-playing 

Reply Roleplaying
[Tribe RP/Event] The Mothers Club Adoption Day! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Amizade

Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:20 am
Ruriska

I'll make a wonderful parent!
Pref: Acha, then any

Pearlfisher had wandered through the crowds (and tasted things here and there) before he bumped into Peep. It had been a while since he'd been around so many kin. He had forgotten how to talk to someone who wasn't legless or see-through. Now Marvel had gone off somewhere but Tooth was coiled like a crown around his head.

"You must be Peep," he smiled and dipped his head in greeting.

Tooth took this opportunity to hiss at the stranger, causing Pearlfisher to break into a nervous laugh.

"Don't worry about dear old Tooth here, she's just... she's a good guardsnake. Just uh, protecting me, you know? She's very good that way. No one will ever take me by surprise if she's around and she can help protect the child...

Sorry, I'm sorry. I'm getting ahead of myself. What I mean is, my name is Pearlfisher and I came here today because I know I want to adopt a child. I have lived a solitary life since I was a foal myself but I think it's time for a change. I'm starting to get... lonely. I have a few friends and of course I have my pets, but there's just something missing, you know?"

He paused and watched the three kin play, their spindly little legs wobbling as they ran around. They were all so precious but the little blue Acha caught his eye. A grin split across his face as he remembered the first time he saw an Acha egg -- he had tried to eat it. The smile faded. Better not tell Peep about that.

"Tooth and I are experts in hunting" (eggs mostly but nothing wrong with that) "so the child will never be hungry. And I've got my own bit of space that I call home -- they'll be loved and they'll be safe."

He shuffled his hooves, not sure of what else to say. "Please consider me, I'll take good care of them."  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:23 am
Ruriska

Pref: Set would love them all equally, but holds a special place in her heart for Achas and Kiokote.

Where The Sun Sleeps rarely wandered from the nest where her mother laid her many years ago. She normally spent her days primping and cleaning with her wasp friends, preparing it for the day when she too would fill the grove with the pattering of tiny hooves.

...But the grove was awfully quiet recently. She rarely had visitors other than her siblings and the doe had grown lonely. And so, when her sister Hope brought her word of this event, she hesitantly left her nest, hoping maybe, just maybe, she could bring home a kin who needed the safety of her nest more than she did.

And so, when she approached the area where the children waited, hoping to be given their forever homes, her heart swelled at the sound of laughter and the scampering of tiny feet. For a while, she simply watched with a warm longing as they played and interacted with Peep and the other kin who were interested in becoming parents until eventually she was told of the situation at length. She patiently waited, smiling politely, though her eyes never left the children.

"I can see how special they are to you. It is so very kind of you to do this for them." Her smile warmed, "I come from a very large family. Aunts, uncles, grandparents, and so many siblings," Set laughed, "I've been showered in love all of my life. But now, my home is quiet. Everyone has grown and gone their own ways. And so, I am trying to have a family of my own, one that I can shower in as much love as I can muster and hope they grow to be as happy as I am." She gave a happy sigh and contented herself with watching a while longer.

I'd like to look behind bush number 2!

On her way to the gathering at the Mother's Club, Set passed a sparse clearing dotted with bushes. She smiled to herself, for it reminded her of a place near her grove where her and her sisters used to play hide-and-go-peek. At that thought, one of the bushes rustled, and Set swore she even heard a giggle, and so, feeling the filly herself she crept up, trying to peek under the bush as she had so many years ago.  

Blinded By My Silence

Magical Girl

12,825 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500

vilegloom

Vampire

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:28 am
I'd like to look behind bush number 6!

Flesh had been convinced to return to The Mothers Club with its founder- albeit only for a brief time. She had insisted that the foals would find him interesting, perhaps even have fun playing with him. Not the Flesh even knew how to play. But regardless, Peep had gone off to tend to some official business for a brief moment and that left the dragon briefly alone.

While waiting for the curious little Acha doe to return, Flesh couldn't help but notice a bush that seemed... odd. He canted his head to the side and narrowed his eyes, inspecting the bush. There were no outwardly obvious signs of anything being amiss but the dragon would not be surprised if a gangly legged foal was hiding behind it just waiting to play.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:30 am
I'd like to look behind bush number 4!

User Image "Marvel," Pearlfisher whispered, "where are you?" Where had that darn owlcat gone off to? They were a long way from home, perhaps he shouldn't had left it go off by itself. Brume could feel himself beginning to panic -- he wasn't showing a good example of what he would be like as a parent!

"Marvel!" he hissed, poking around the bushes with his hoof, and trying to look inconspicuous.  

Amizade

Phantom

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:30 am
----
Sorry! >__<;  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:53 am
Ruriska

Pref: zikwa, acha, toto

Not having found any berries, Daybreak's Melody approached the gathering empty-hoofed. After quickly walking around, listening to conversations while nibbling on dried fruit and salted fish. She was interested in joining the tribe, if they would have her, but also did not want to get involved without being at least a little informed.

Some of the members asked her some simple questions as she mingled: where was she from, was she interested in joining, what she thought of this foal's antics? What she did gather was that she needed to talk to the Den Mother, Peep.

How might she find Peep? The other members looked around before pointing her in the right direction. And she would be hard to miss as well, find the acha with three foals trailing behind her.

Approaching after pretty doe left, Daybreak's Melody smiled courageously. Her bright fur sparkled in the wonderful sun as she did her best to dazzle the Den Mother.

"A gorgeous day to host such an event, Peep, and the food is wonderful. I have had the delight to meet some of the other tribe members and was curious if you might have an opening for one more. I admit it is more of the concept and joy of the tribe that are the reasoning for me to be a part of it. I did not grow up with a family, and it was always something I have longed for. Having raised myself, I would need the assistance of the others to know the details of motherhood.

When it comes to heart, though, I have that and more. In the past, I have done my best to take in lone foals to help them through the beginning years, and then sent them off on their own, but I know being a Mother is more than just that. I am more than happy to help the tribe Provide for each other, but I do admit I am too tender-hearted to Watch for threats."

Daybreak's Melody shifted, doubting in herself that she was representing her strengths appropriately. She really wanted to be a part of this generous and welcoming tribe.

Before the silence got too great, her eyes wandered and took in the three bubbly foals frolicking nearby. The blind zikwa sniffed her way and approached, soon followed by the other two. They seemed intrigued with her bright colors and asked to touch the yellows in her fur. Crouching down, Daybreak's Melody smiled, and sent the little zikwa rolling in laughter after she nudged the little one over. "Well hello there, little ones." The doe smiled broadly.

She rolled with all three for awhile, laughing in delight herself, before dusting herself off and promising to return with some treats from the buffet. After bringing them back, she left Peep and the foals along to continue their own mingling.

Daybreak's Melody kept glancing back with a fond smile. How wonderful if would be if she could take one of them under her wing, per say, and raise them - along with the help of the tribe.  

EchoLimaFoxtrot

StarieMichie

Unicorn

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:53 am
I'd like to look behind bush number 1!

Cockerel was not a mother. He was snooping for another reason. A mother's club was probably a good place to find some eligible does.

Everyone was looking in bushes. He had no clue why they were doing it. But hey, it was something to do. Moving over to an unoccupied bush, Cockerel stuck his nose in. He used all his ninja macaw skillz to quietly search for something interesting.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:25 am
Ruriska

Pref: acha, kio, zikwa

User ImageA fluffy pair of kin arrived at the gathering and looked around. The female was a feline-tailed kimeti and she offered friendly greetings and smiles to those they passed. Beside her, her acha mate seemed more tense, his squirrel-like tail giving the occassional nervous twitch, but then he saw Peep and the little ones that frolicked around her. Powder Squirrel tried to hold back his sigh of longing, not wanting to hurt his mate's feelings. They had yet to be blessed with children of their own and he knew Devotion very sorely felt the lack was her's. When word of this gathering had reached them it was very hard to resist the opportunity.

Devotion pretended not to have heard his sigh and the twinge of hurt was soon forgotten at the sight of the little ones and their caretaker. Now it was her turn to be nervous. What could she possibly say or do to prove herself worthy of being a parent to one of those precious young lives? Powder sensed this and nuzzled her reassuringly. "Come on love, I believe that cream acha is Peep. Let's talk to her."

They approached together joining the other hopefuls and mingling in the center while others spoke with the matriarch. The way the little ones switched from playing to eyeing the adults then back again brought the bright smile back to the kimeti's mouth. "Ahh, there you are dear, glad to have you back," Powder said quietly with a chuckle. And then there was an opening and he nudged Devotion forward toward Peep.

She shot a brief glare at him, though she laughed as she did so before turning her attention to the female acha. "Sorry about that, he can be quite silly at times," she explained to Peep, since her approach had been a bit stumbling. "This is such a wonderful gathering you've put together. I'd heard of tribes before but this is my first interaction with one. I'm Devotion and this my mate Powder Squirrel. It's a pleasure to meet you and a joy to have the opportunity to meet these youngsters. We have yet to be blessed with children of our own and we have so longed to spread the circle of our love to include a child."

"Yes, we were both very alone before stumbling upon each other," Powder added. "I never knew what it was like to share life with another until that day, now I can't imagine living that way again. No one should ever be without someone to trust and turn to when they are in need. I have that in her and know now how to offer it in return. What we've learned first alone and now together I believe would be valuable teachings for any young one."

"Thank you for this chance to gather and to meet these precious ones. We appreciate the opportunity and your consideration." With Devotion's closing remark they both bowed and Powder added his own thanks before the two left to mingle leaving space for others to approach and give their own case.

((I hope it's ok to use them together. I just couldn't quite get them to separate long enough...))  

Tygress Dream

Beloved Shapeshifter

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:25 pm
Ruriska

Pref: Zikwa, acha, kio

User Image Maybe Never didn't even remember what or who had told him about the adoption event. Perhaps he had stumbled here with some premonition. He felt drawn, body aching with each step he took, fright flickering within his chest. He had, for a long time, wanted several things: a lifemate, children, and a family of his own. The emptiness that wallowed within the deeper parts of his chest often would grow larger whenever he spotted a family, and honestly? Right now, as he passed by a couple with rather odd tails, it trembled and grew in size. He was alone. He always had been after he left his home with his parents.

He had to stop himself in his pondering. Did he truly want a child or did he just want someone to fill that lonely spot his nest held? Was he trying to chase down his nagging emptiness and fill it without any concern for who or what filled the hole? That thought troubled him, and he briefly almost considered leaving. He was mostly certain he truly wanted a child. Someone to raise and give his nest a home for. He wanted to open his life to a foal. Protect them and provide love and safety. These children were up for adoption, and he had a chance to be a father. Perhaps he wouldn't be the funniest or most entertaining dad, but he knew he could provide an abundance of warmth and love.

He spotted Peep, swallowing thickly before approaching. A polite smile surfaced as inside he nervously fretted, hoof pawing at the ground once he was a respectable distance. He could do this. He had to.

"Hello, miss." His gentle voice wormed its way through his mouth, entirely grateful his voice could work despite how hard his nervous heart was hammering. "I heard about the event and I, well, I wanted to praise the job you've done on this wonderful event."

He hesitated, wondering if every single kin had said something of that effect. They both know why he was here, and it wasn't to praise the event. No, it was to step forth and announce his desire to be considered as a father for one of these foals. His eyes flicked to the foals, a warm smile crossing his features as, for a second, his heart calmed. And then the wave of nerves returned when he glanced back at Peep, swallowing thickly once more.

"My name is Maybe Never, and I come from a moderately sized family. I've never had kids of my own. I've always wanted children, I have, but it never worked out. I dream of having a life partner and children I can cherish beyond anything." He paused, needing to calm himself before he burst forth into nervous rambles. "I'll be honest with you; I'm not the smartest or the funniest, but I will love any child who shares a nest with me more than I could love anything in this world. They will be protected and raised to be a caring individual. I- er, I know I've never raised a child myself, but I truly believe I can. I have a family to support me if I need it, and the child will always be welcomed to meet my family and become a part of them as a whole."

His mouth felt dry as his heart continued it's pattering. Suddenly, he felt a foal come closer to inspect something on the ground. Gently, with the sweetest smile, he bent down and nudged over the pretty rock they were examining. Cute. Was he like this as a child? He barely could remember, honestly. Suddenly, it became apparent to him how long he had held Peep for this encounter, apologetically smiling as he stood up straight and brushed himself off.

"Ah, I apologize. You probably have more guests to attend to. I am grateful for your consideration, and if you should need me I'll be amongst the food, most likely." He sheepishly smiled before bowing his head in respect and padding off.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:28 pm
Ruriska

Pref: Zikwa, Acha, Kiokote (But to be honest Dream Song loves all babies and would love any of them just as much)

User Image

The Grass rustled beneath dainty hooves as a pastel hued Kimeti stepped from the swamp and into the open. She blinked against the high noon sun and shivered a little at the collection of Kin already assembled and socializing gaily. Dream Song took a deep breath, raised herself up confidently, or as confidently as she could despite being terribly shy, and took a step towards the matriarch of the Tribe. She had come here for a reason, the song drifting to her like a dream through the swamp from the The Royal Rainbow Troupe. Motherhood? She'd wanted to be a mother for so long and yet the fates just never seemed to align for her. She was shy, too shy, to just trot up to any old buck and ask for one night of.. all that embarrassing business. A flush stained her normally pale cheeks and she shook her head to rid herself of the occurrence. She wasn't a filly anymore. She was an adult and she wanted to be a mother. She could do this.

The distance between herself and Peep gradually lessened and with each step closer her heart beat a little faster in her chest until it felt as though a crazed bird were beating its frantic wings within the confines of a cage much too small for it. She was going to faint. Oh yes.. she was about to keel over right here in front of this Acha and that would be it. No baby for her. Sorry but we can't give you a baby if you're going to faint all the time.. maybe they'd think she'd faint and squish the newborn. Oh what an awful thought. Dream Song was nearly teary by it. She'd never hurt a baby, ever. She would do anything for that foal. Love it, care for it, keep it clean and happy and well fed but most importantly, teach it the beauty given to them by the motherfather and respect for the world around it. There was a wealth of knowledge stored away inside her head and all she wanted was to share it with new life. This was her chance. She couldn't blow it.

Finally stood before Peep, the petite Kimeti offered a lovely, though shy, smile and inclined her head forward. Her knees were trembling though try as she might to steady them. Her mouth opened a little but suddenly it were as if the deserts of the Acha she had heard so much about were pouring sand upon her tongue. She closed her thoroughly cotton filled mouth and tried to wet her tongue. Opening her mouth once again produced a sound. "H-Hello there. You must be Peep.. my name is Dream Song and I am here to inquire about an adoption?" Good show! She was so proud of herself. Some coherent words! It was a miracle. The Motherfather was smiling down on her today. She brightened a little at what would seem to most as a minor accomplishment but was in fact huge for her. Well, she did want her own young terribly, maybe that played a part in her small burst of confidence. Though now she was having a terrible time deciding what to say next.

'Tell her how you feel.' Her mind whispered. She paused to consider. What did that mean? The way she felt from the swamp to here? How badly she wanted into this circle of motherhood after years of being too shy to ask or make young herself? 'Yes.' Her subconscious whispered again. 'Tell her this heartache and how much a new youth would mean.' Dream Song appeared to consider this for a moment. It made sense. How else could she convince a complete stranger to allow her a newborn than to tell her everything that lay within her very big heart? And so, she did. With warm, animated exuberance, awkward embarrassment over her silly moments and inability to make young the 'normal' way (Very flushed cheeks again) and her genuine love for any newborn that needed a devoted mother. Dream song spoke openly and warmly to Peep, telling her all she could offer and doing her best to show the experienced mother that she could handle the responsibility and trials that came with being a parent. Her heart full and her eyes kind she told her the truth. From her trek through the swamp to this very moment. "This chance to raise a foal would mean so much to me and I am simply happy to have been given such an opportunity to answer this call and make my life have deeper meaning. To share my love, and this beautiful world, at last."

Kinu

Tipsy Prophet

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:35 pm
Mewsings of An Angel

(Hello! Please read the rules and post your entry in the correct place, thank you!)  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:32 pm
[Thank you to everyone that has entered so far! All the mystery bushes are now claimed and will be announced soon!]

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

One by one they came to stand before her, pleading their case and casting longing glances towards the three foals, all of which seemed delighted by the attention. Peep’s heart was fit to burst, just from the sheer love and joy she felt. Her dream of creating families and sharing that with others would come true today. It was going to be hard, a fact she had known from the start, to come to a decision, but she knew in her heart that she would make the right one.

So Peep nodded and smiled, murmured welcomes and thankyous to everyone she met. Then watched them move on to enjoy the day, as she waited for more kin to step forward.

Patrolling around the edges of the event, Lionhearted was torn between her job (which was very serious and involved making sure everyone behaved and no undesirables wandered in) and getting in on the action. Everyone was enjoying themselves and having fun and that steamed caiman smelt so good and there were kids to play with.

The Totoma bounced up and down on her hooves and grunted, watching the goings-on longingly. Hopefully she’d at least get a break soon.  

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

LOLLI qAq

Questionable Baby

24,800 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:31 pm
Ruriska

As he also made his rounds Learns by Listening spotted Lionhearted. As he got closer to her position it was obvious that she was watching the party with no small amount of excitement and ... envy? Longing maybe? He couldn't blame her at all. It had taken everything he'd had to move past and start his patrol.

Edging closer he made himself known and smiled.

"I'll cover your watch if you bring me back some caiman."  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:53 pm
LOLLI qAq

At his offer, Lionhearted grinned and gratefully slammed her shoulder into his: a move which would have been cute if she'd been an Acha but probably wasn't so adorable from a full-grown Totoma.

"You're on! I'll be back soon." And before he could change his mind or say another word, she had thundered off towards the food.  

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

Ruriska generated a random number between 1 and 8 ... 7!

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:52 pm
Mystery Bushes Reveal!

LOLLI qAq
When Learns By Listening follows his instincts and takes a closer look at one of the bushes, there's a rustle from within and a sheepish face pops up.

"Oh," Empty Nest says, looking anywhere but at him, clearly embarrassed. "I was just..." She looks down and sighs, shifting her body to reveal what she's been hiding. No wonder Peep wasn't worried about losing number four because here it is, safe and sound.

"I, um, I thought maybe I... it was silly. He's better off with someone like you." Then with a meaningful look, she's gone.

Congratulations! Number 8 is my lucky number and now it's yours! Take good care of this little Totoma boy!

Kanthulhu
As Autumn Eye lowers his head to check out one of the bushes, two feelers appear, followed by a head of snapping mandibles. Aw, it likes you!

Congratulations! The random number gods have favoured you! This Cave Worm is now yours.

Roleplaying

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff