Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply U/C
Dalcaria Reborn! (Accepting Profiles!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you interested in any of the roleplays below?
  Yes.
  No.
  Maybe.
View Results

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:34 am
Don't know about anyone else, but I find listening to music during a roleplay helps put a lovely frame around everything, so to speak. This song from Fired Earth Music would go VERY well with the more medieval setting, so I figured I'd share it and hope someone has an emotional epiphany and decides to join. xp Come on folks! I can't start a roleplay unless I know what people want! Anyways, that aside, please enjoy this song, I may post more later and see if it get's anyone into any particular kind of mood. 3nodding

Cavalry On The Horizon.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:27 am
bump! sad  

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:34 pm
Yet again, BUMP! Maybe I'll add a poll to this, people tend to vote on those if they care. xp  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:33 pm
BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can somebody please read this? Even if you aren't interested I'd like to at least know that much!  

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:39 am
Sad bump. cry If I offered money would anyone be interested? xp  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:49 am
Naturally I'm interested. As requested, here's my profile that was going to be for the Inquisitors, but it's open to most stuff leading up to that era

Username: Skreemer
Name: Ishmael of Eldest
Race/Nationality/Species: Altered human (I would like to play a character similar to the protagonist of the Witcher series. In short he is genetically modified and infused with powerful dangerous potions from birth to make him stronger, faster and capable of using dangerous potions to boost his abilities in combat)
Orientation: Neutral
Personality: Curt, Blunt and Rough, but sympathetic

Education: Is able to read and has knowledge of herbology, practical medicine, minor magic and has in depth knowledge of monsters, including demons

Factions: None, formerly of the now destroyed Knights of the Forests

Religion/Philosophy: Ancestor Worship
Political Ideals: Loosely supports the current government, but is not afraid of them

Biography: A foundling, he was handed over to the Warlocks of the Hunt to undergo their rigorous testing and training. Found to be an adept candidate, he escaped with a learned Master when the sect was deemed heretical by the government. Through this master he gained a letter of marque that allowed him a place in the Knights of the Forest who had kept for him two swords. He rode with the knights until their absolute defeat during an invasion, rescued by the forces of the government who recognised his skills and allowed him to wander, hunting monsters and occasionally acting as a spy for them.
How did you end up at the Palace: Returned from a ranging disguised as a common beggar. He was able to enter by showing his Steel Wolves head talisman and ushered in quietly.

Skills: Primarily a fighter, Ishmael is adept at fighting monsters, fixing wounds and casting minor combat magic. He is also a skilled rider and capable of expanding his abilities with potions that are poison to anyone else. He is also a tracker of some reknown

Transportation: His horse perished recently, so he intends to use some of his owed wages to purchase a motorcycle.
Home: He has no fixed abode, Eldest was just the placename he chose when asked by the Knights

Dislikes: Monsters, Discussing his past, demons

Weapons: His two primary weapons are two longswords, one made from thunderbolt iron, unenchanted but savage looking and razor sharp, the other silver, enchanted so as not to corrode and to be poisonous to the touch for demons and vampire. He also keeps a shortsword of plain steel at his belt and a shortbow with a stock of arrows for varied tasks
Clothing/Armor: He dresses plainly in a dark green tunic and black breeches, armoured by a cuirass of boiled leather underlaid by a chainmail shirt. One shoulder has a wide pauldron and light gauntlet running down it for defense, the other arm merely has a leather vambrace. His boots are plain boiled leather with steel inserts for strength. His quiver is slung across the small of his back and he covers himself with a patterned black and grey cloak
Powers: Ishmael is capable of using signs for fireballs, lightning strikes, toxic gas and holy sigils to allow him to bind more powerful monsters. Due to his training he is faster, more durable and slightly stronger than an average human and capable of using poisons to boost his abilities, for example a draught of monksbane and amanita muscarita enhances his night vision and increases his reflexes.

Description: Ishmael stands at around 6 feet and 5 inches tall, weighs approximately 180 pounds and is albino. His hair is kept cropped short, not so that he is bald but so it won't be in the way during a fight. He has a livid scar across the bridge of his nose and many other scars running all over his pale flesh. On his left breast is his Knights of the Forests tattoo
Theme Song: Giles Corey- No One Is Ever Going to Want me

As for ideas, I could certainly contribute with some cosmic horror fantasy. Perhaps an era where the mortals of Dalcaria are forced into an uneasy alliance with the demons to battle the "Starborn", a pantheon of our own Eldritch beings, perhaps the only thing I'd lift from the Cthuluh Mythos would the Harlot from the Call of Cthuluh RPG. Imagine a seemingly normal woman, who's eyes are just too dreamy, her lips are just too red and wide and juicy. Or at least have that as a rule for Starborn assuming human form and their higher level cultists. Uncanny Valley in full swing. Assuming they can hold their form together properly.  

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:48 pm
Skreemer
Naturally I'm interested. As requested, here's my profile that was going to be for the Inquisitors, but it's open to most stuff leading up to that era

Username: Skreemer
Name: Ishmael of Eldest
Race/Nationality/Species: Altered human (I would like to play a character similar to the protagonist of the Witcher series. In short he is genetically modified and infused with powerful dangerous potions from birth to make him stronger, faster and capable of using dangerous potions to boost his abilities in combat)
Orientation: Neutral
Personality: Curt, Blunt and Rough, but sympathetic

Education: Is able to read and has knowledge of herbology, practical medicine, minor magic and has in depth knowledge of monsters, including demons

Factions: None, formerly of the now destroyed Knights of the Forests

Religion/Philosophy: Ancestor Worship
Political Ideals: Loosely supports the current government, but is not afraid of them

Biography: A foundling, he was handed over to the Warlocks of the Hunt to undergo their rigorous testing and training. Found to be an adept candidate, he escaped with a learned Master when the sect was deemed heretical by the government. Through this master he gained a letter of marque that allowed him a place in the Knights of the Forest who had kept for him two swords. He rode with the knights until their absolute defeat during an invasion, rescued by the forces of the government who recognised his skills and allowed him to wander, hunting monsters and occasionally acting as a spy for them.
How did you end up at the Palace: Returned from a ranging disguised as a common beggar. He was able to enter by showing his Steel Wolves head talisman and ushered in quietly.

Skills: Primarily a fighter, Ishmael is adept at fighting monsters, fixing wounds and casting minor combat magic. He is also a skilled rider and capable of expanding his abilities with potions that are poison to anyone else. He is also a tracker of some reknown

Transportation: His horse perished recently, so he intends to use some of his owed wages to purchase a motorcycle.
Home: He has no fixed abode, Eldest was just the placename he chose when asked by the Knights

Dislikes: Monsters, Discussing his past, demons

Weapons: His two primary weapons are two longswords, one made from thunderbolt iron, unenchanted but savage looking and razor sharp, the other silver, enchanted so as not to corrode and to be poisonous to the touch for demons and vampire. He also keeps a shortsword of plain steel at his belt and a shortbow with a stock of arrows for varied tasks
Clothing/Armor: He dresses plainly in a dark green tunic and black breeches, armoured by a cuirass of boiled leather underlaid by a chainmail shirt. One shoulder has a wide pauldron and light gauntlet running down it for defense, the other arm merely has a leather vambrace. His boots are plain boiled leather with steel inserts for strength. His quiver is slung across the small of his back and he covers himself with a patterned black and grey cloak
Powers: Ishmael is capable of using signs for fireballs, lightning strikes, toxic gas and holy sigils to allow him to bind more powerful monsters. Due to his training he is faster, more durable and slightly stronger than an average human and capable of using poisons to boost his abilities, for example a draught of monksbane and amanita muscarita enhances his night vision and increases his reflexes.

Description: Ishmael stands at around 6 feet and 5 inches tall, weighs approximately 180 pounds and is albino. His hair is kept cropped short, not so that he is bald but so it won't be in the way during a fight. He has a livid scar across the bridge of his nose and many other scars running all over his pale flesh. On his left breast is his Knights of the Forests tattoo
Theme Song: Giles Corey- No One Is Ever Going to Want me

As for ideas, I could certainly contribute with some cosmic horror fantasy. Perhaps an era where the mortals of Dalcaria are forced into an uneasy alliance with the demons to battle the "Starborn", a pantheon of our own Eldritch beings, perhaps the only thing I'd lift from the Cthuluh Mythos would the Harlot from the Call of Cthuluh RPG. Imagine a seemingly normal woman, who's eyes are just too dreamy, her lips are just too red and wide and juicy. Or at least have that as a rule for Starborn assuming human form and their higher level cultists. Uncanny Valley in full swing. Assuming they can hold their form together properly.

Glad you could post this! If you know anyone else who might be interested, please invite them, and share some ideas if you have any! I'd love to try and get something going, but we need more people and more of a solid plan first.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:48 am
Well, I could talk to some of the people over at the Roleplay Refuge guild and see if they want to do a mutual exchange.?  

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:25 pm
Skreemer
Well, I could talk to some of the people over at the Roleplay Refuge guild and see if they want to do a mutual exchange.?

Sorry I didn't reply to you sooner, didn't even see this till now! But yes, if you'd like to do that, please be my guest!  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:55 am
Lord Sithious

~Glomps~ you know I'll join lol, my thing is though, I don't want to give too much away posting a profile before hand, so if you'd like you can post Aydan's profile up for some idea for people to look at.Ill give a shot out to some friends in the forums and see f they're interested.  

The Lady Reaper

Surefire Alchemist

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:13 am
The Lady Reaper
Lord Sithious

~Glomps~ you know I'll join lol, my thing is though, I don't want to give too much away posting a profile before hand, so if you'd like you can post Aydan's profile up for some idea for people to look at.Ill give a shot out to some friends in the forums and see f they're interested.

Thanks! I'll see about getting your profile for Aydan posted soon, but you may need to remind me at some point. xp And that'd be great if you could sort of in-source some talent for a roleplay. At this rate, I'm really not sure what I want to go with for a roleplay, though I will say that there is one that's appealing to me a bit that I didn't list (I think) that would appeal to fans of H.P. Lovecraft methinks. wink Of course, it will have VERY heavy WW1 influences as well, probably one of the grittier war roleplays I've done, I hope at least. Of course, still open to the "medieval" settings too, depends on what popular opinion is really. I'm glad to have you still on board though, thanks a lot! *glomps*  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:25 pm
Lord Sithious
The Lady Reaper
Lord Sithious

Thanks! I'll see about getting your profile for Aydan posted soon, but you may need to remind me at some point. xp And that'd be great if you could sort of in-source some talent for a roleplay. At this rate, I'm really not sure what I want to go with for a roleplay, though I will say that there is one that's appealing to me a bit that I didn't list (I think) that would appeal to fans of H.P. Lovecraft methinks. wink Of course, it will have VERY heavy WW1 influences as well, probably one of the grittier war roleplays I've done, I hope at least. Of course, still open to the "medieval" settings too, depends on what popular opinion is really. I'm glad to have you still on board though, thanks a lot! *glomps*

Lol I could post it too, when I get a chance or something.Im still waiting for some replies on their thoughts but I'll keep passing the words and stuffs.As for H.P. Lovecraft...I've never read any of his books.Not much into horror books unless they're like freakishly old classics lol.I was kinda hoping you'd go with Pre-Empire, The civil was or the demon wars setting for this one.Lol just seems like the medieval setting, or something similar is what's most popular lately. xd anytime lol.I like your twisted sense of humor, it gives me something to snigger about at work lol  

The Lady Reaper

Surefire Alchemist

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:23 pm
The Lady Reaper
Lord Sithious
The Lady Reaper
Lord Sithious

Lol I could post it too, when I get a chance or something.Im still waiting for some replies on their thoughts but I'll keep passing the words and stuffs.As for H.P. Lovecraft...I've never read any of his books.Not much into horror books unless they're like freakishly old classics lol.I was kinda hoping you'd go with Pre-Empire, The civil was or the demon wars setting for this one.Lol just seems like the medieval setting, or something similar is what's most popular lately. xd anytime lol.I like your twisted sense of humor, it gives me something to snigger about at work lol

Yeah, might be a good idea, I keep forgetting things. xp Sounds good! Well, best way to sum up H.P. Lovecraft (who is in a sense a "classic" horror writer, from the 30's or so I believe, and pretty revolutionary even to this day) is in one simple word: Cthulhu. Google that sometime, and you'll know what we're up against! Even fact, google "World War Cthulhu" too, that came up with some interesting results. :3

Well, Pre-Empire means we're going WAAAAAY back to like Roman style times (don't worry, you'll still get knights in shining armor and such), but the political state will be WAY different too! On the East Coast, you'll have the up and coming "Kingdom of Durelieus", fighting a slew of smaller Kingdoms dotted throughout Tavastia. They'll be trying to expand into Whitehaven as well, though they're more peaceful in their attempts, winning the hearts and minds of the people and what have you (plus they'll probably try not to cross to far into some people's territory up there). Add to that that we've got to deal with a lot of different creatures than usual (giants for one, though closer in size to the Skyrim variety), and it becomes a very interesting era to be in. Of course, there won't be any Lishundan's or other races in this for the most part, since this is long before Dalcaria is capable of crossing the oceans to new lands. Still, I may be willing to work things out with people if they let me come up with some decent justification for why their non-Dalcarian wound up in Dalcaria.

The civil war (if you're talking about the events before James became Grand Chancellor) would be slightly more difficult because the sheer scale of political conflict going on is pretty intimidating. You've got at LEAST 6 factions or so to choose from, almost all except 1 being downright evil in one sense or another, so there isn't much wiggle room. This is the roleplay that would be, in many ways, a chance for a no holds bar brawl between most of the players, a desperate scramble to achieve power in the Empire, of course everyone kind of knows now how that ends. xp

If, however, you meant the war that unified the Empire, that one was during medieval times, and that one could be fairly fun for most people I think. It's all about war, ideals, and bringing together the greatest nation on this planet. I should mention as well since it comes to mind now, both the unification of the Empire and the Pre-Empire stories take place before people have been taught about The One, so faith in The One is kind of not doable. However, I'll give wiggle room for people who want their characters to "feel like there is another power out there", to make up for it. In fact, it would probably be good if I did that, as it makes the transition of the Faith in The One not existing yet, to it suddenly being taught to people much easier and probably less violent. xp Those who first taught Dalcarians about The One didn't want to force it on anyone, but people can get rather aggressive when their native religion is being challenged, so some previous foot hold for Faithful of The One would be nice for an easy transition to the multi-religious Dalcaria we now have.

And as for the Great Demon War, that one would be quite a bit of fun! You'd get to see the rise of James's ancestor through the political ranks so to speak, you get to see how Dalcaria's army became the beast of a machine it is today, you get to see the baby years of steam power, you get to see Dalcaria duking it out with Pays for power over the seas and trade, you get to see the rise of Lord Sithious, the creation of the Royal Guard, one of the last groups of Inquisitors, the early years of colonization in Lishunda, and probably the most important part, you get to see Her Royal Highness, Queen Jessamine Clarion in action in politics, military, actual combat, and you get to see the personality and emotions of the very woman of steel and fire that saved the Empire and became the very personification of Dalcaria itself! You get a boatload of oodles of fun and information in this roleplay, but in all of them you get to taste in the rich history of this nation!

And now, because I'm so excited, I'm going to think about writing you guys a short excerpt on Dalcaria, something from it's history. Give me an hour or so and you'll get a small taste into what has happened behind the scenes in Dalcaria!

Also, thank you Lady, I'm glad my twisted humor is actually humorous. xp Mind you, sometimes it does give me something to snigger about at work too. twisted  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:33 am
So small crisis today, so I may have to hold off on that excerpt till tomorrow, we'll see. Yeah, today threw me a bit of a curve ball.  

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

The Lady Reaper

Surefire Alchemist

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:57 am
Ah okay, I'll have to look them up then.Still doubt. I'll be able to get into it though.My taste run more towards Mary Shelly and Bram Stoker.

Still leaning way too much towards the PreEmpire one lol.Ive got this character stuck in my head that would explain a great deal why Aydan was the way she was in the Inquisitors.But the war that unified the empire may work as well.  
U/C

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff