New Species Suggestion Thread! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 9:25 pm
A wolf or kitsune base would be cute gonk See also some kind of feline as well.

Also some kind of dragon as well would be awesome~  
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 11:11 pm
I like the idea of arctic, shaggy Audio. Yes, please.

Also, deer. I likes deer. And lions. Lions are the bomb.

Anything with a giant fluffy tail too. ;;  

Kaitaia

Anxious Star

Zee Oddwyn

Tenacious Bookworm

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 11:35 pm
I love the idea of Kitsune, and Mer types!  
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 5:23 am
fish and rabbits :3  

Graceangel

Benevolent Phantom

17,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Person of Interest 200

Thergothon

Shaggy Gekko

8,725 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 8:50 am
Draconic Audio

Features:

- Interchangeable horns. Not all dragons have straight horns, some have curvy horns, some have ram horns, some have lots of horns, some have no horns.

- Interchangeable ears. Some dragons have pointy ears like elves, others have finned ears, others have large bat-like ears (this is key for my other species idea), others even have goat-like ears. Others might have standard Audio ears.

- Proud posture. Dragons are majestic, they should show off their beautiful wings and look proud of who they are.

- Deep chest. Well, at least the dragons I draw have them because they need the extra lung power to fly. Sleek muscular figure in general, because dragons are strong and mighty.

I toyed with the idea of having interchangeable nose as well, but when I pictured an Audio with a little dragon nose in my head, it didn't look like an Audio anymore, but just one of my anthro dragons wearing headphones.

By default the lines wouldn't show scales, that would be up to the colorist to pattern them in. Some dragons are furry or smooth-skinned.

Versatility is a goal. If you have a 'dragon' with big bat wings and no horns, you have a bat Audio. If you put on ram-like horns and elven ears with a solid stone-like appearance you have a gargoyle Audio.

-----

Insectoid Audio.

These exist already. The idea of mine would be to expand the realm of possibilities. Slender outer wing with a large fanned out inner wing with colorful patterns inspired by Pseudocreobotra wahlbergii and short antennae with a cute curl at the end would be a possibility.

Or how about beetle-like wings, long antennae with a large curve in them, obvious segments to the antennae and finally a glowing tip of the Audio's tail: Firefly audio.

A lot of insects have distinctive antennae. What if you had just a single pair of clear wings and two really tiny black antennae that look like tiny black horns instead? Add a set of large black faceted eyes and it's one fly looking Audio.

Eyes don't always have to be insect-like. A mantis Audio would look cute with just slightly widened eyes (The female Angelics have this feature already).

A few more insect Audio ideas:

Bee wings, fluffy body, male base, a black or dark grey face with big green eyes and a yellow flare on the muzzle. Short black antennae that start out in a V shape and with a sharp curve joint in the middle. You got one of those carpenter bees that like to hover outside and pounce other bees and flies.

Hard armor-like shell wings that are tan with hind wings that are smoky color, tan body with black spots and orange antennae that has three finger-like protrusions would make a Grapevine Beetle Audio.

A lot of these insects need edits, however if the edits are stored off somewhere, they could be interchangeable and reused. Mainly antennae and wings, but possibly eyes as well. Like with the carpenter bee Audio, you could probably reuse that with an ant or wasp Audio. The grapevine beetle audio would have wings that could make a ladybug Audio. The firefly Audio could lend its whole style (wings and antennae) minus the glowing tail to another Audio that is based off of a Japanese long-horn beetle. The edits for the Spiny Flower Mantis Audio that I described first (P. wahlbergii) would be usable to make an Orchid Mantis Audio or Violin Mantis Audio, depending on the coloration.

The Moth Audio could have two styles of antennae, one being really fluffy and feathery and the other long and thin and feathery. Those long, thin feathery antennae for females could be used again with a male Idolomantis Audio.

I'm still more enthusiastic about my Draconic Audio idea because of the simplicity of it in comparison, though.  
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 9:13 am
I am 2000000% behind fish/mer/water audio, and anything massively fluffy. xd

I also really love the idea of more bug audio, but something a little more on the creepy-but-cute end than the butterflies, which are just adorable. xd I'd love to see the bug eyes (maybe extra little ones, a little spider-esque?), and little mandibles, and iunno what else, but yeah (I wanted to say four arms too, but then I read the do-not-suggest list, so nevermind that xD). Maybe a few exoskeleton-ish plates here and there?

Not really something that resembles any particular insect, anyways, just buggy in general, that could be colored (and/or edited) to look like specific bugs for customs or events and such if that was wanted.

Naien Haigara

Sparkly Citizen

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:07 pm
Another post for me but... fennic foxes. neutral  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:17 am
Wolf