Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN
[PRP] Legacies suck (Shun/Amrita) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 1:50 pm
Shun furrowed his brow at that, not entirely understanding what Amrita was going on about now.

"What the hell is wrong with your core?"

Typically, a damaged core spelled bad news.  
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 2:01 pm
Amrita paused. In the moment, she had forgotten, and let something slip. It was out there now, and there was no way she could back out. Not when faced with Shun, who knew and understood so much.

"I..." She started, stumbling over her words. The panic she felt was entirely new now, the one that comes with letting someone in on a long held, dark secret. "D-do you remember...when myself and a few others were kidnapped by the Hunters? W-well, uhm..." She lifted her arms to hold herself, looking away. The memories still hurt and stung, despite not having power over her any more. "They tagged us. They attached...something to our cores, and said that they could use it to control us, or see around us, and hear what we hear. We...e-essentially turned into puppets." The words tumbled out, as though the years she held it in had created a landslide in waiting.

"Mine was removed recently, by a Professor here...but the damage...well, the damage was done. My core won't be the same again..."

Enoh Love
Crew

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 2:05 pm
The reaper's expression momentarily shifted to something that reflected concern before it quickly hardened back to its usual state. Yes. He recalled that time. He hadn't known about... any attachments, however. Did they put something in Mitsu as well? She was taken separately and for a different reason as far as he was concerned but...

A deep sense of dread began to fill his heart as he thought about it, realizing what it meant. Though, Shun soon snapped out of it as Amrita continued to speak, explaining the nature of her own core.

"I see..." he muttered, running a hand through his hair, "I didn't know the professors around here were capable of doing anything with the core.."  
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 2:10 pm
"Me neither; not even a Hunter knew how to take it off." She shook her head. "It was worth the risk," Amrita insisted, and she believed it. "I get headaches now, crippling ones, but...I'd rather recurring headaches than wondering if a Hunter is spying through me, or could flip a switch and use me. He offered when he found out...I wasn't going to say no." It was the most anyone had ever done - and could ever do - for her.

Enoh Love
Crew

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 2:18 pm
"Yes... I can't say I blame you," Shun murmured. It was a big decision to make for certain. He probably would have made the same one. Like hell he was going to let himself become the tool of a hunter.

"Unless perhaps..." he started but soon paused as he was trying to formulate his words.

"Perhaps a 'cracked' core is more ideal for him. For whatever reason... if he could exploit that somehow..."  
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 2:23 pm
Amrita stared at Shun as he let her in on his theory.

"...If that's true..." She started shakily, before letting out a rather loud, frustrated cry. "WHY CAN'T I CATCH A BREAK?!" No one in particular was yelled at, but it did help her blow off a little bit of steam. Just a little bit. She gripped her head in her hands, pulling at her own flesh out of frustration. "What am I going to do?" She muttered unhappily, wanting nothing more than to sink to the ground and yet she forced herself to remain standing. Nothing else had defeated her before. Came close, yes, but she persevered. This would be no different.

"I don't even know where to start with this one. I knew who my enemy was with the tag but...where do you start trying to find a Legacy?"

Enoh Love
Crew

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 2:29 pm
Shun closed his good eye and let out a sigh as the patchwork girl vented out her frustrations. Her situation was certainly a complicated one, and he wasn't sure if there were even any real solutions. At least there were none that he could see right now. One of the biggest issues was that they had no way of even knowing how to find a damn Legacy. They were artifacts, but far more powerful than the things like the black ring he wore. Sentient too.

"I have a feeling none of the faculty at this place would know anything of the matter. Nothing substantial at least," he grumbled, "I unfortunately have no advice to offer on the matter... these artifacts are far more mysterious than the Hunters."  
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 2:32 pm
Amrita fell silent for a long, drawn out moment. "Then...maybe...we should start forming a contingency plan..." The patchwork clenched her hand into a fist, and forced herself to stare at the mark on the back of it. "In case something bad comes of this."  

Enoh Love
Crew

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 2:33 pm
"Such as?"

Shun's backup plans for cases where an ally suddenly takes a hostile turn that may or may not be able to be redeemed was typically to try and kill them. Perhaps Amrita had other ideas, though.  
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 2:43 pm
"I don't...I don't know. Aside from the obvious." She shivered. She didn't want to die, but it wasn't the last thing she wanted. The last thing she ever wanted was to be taken over by something else. She pawed at her face; she couldn't cry, but she felt that she wanted to, her eyes stung, but no tears came out.

"I'm just...really hoping we're jumping the gun. Something might not happen, right? I could be okay." It was naive to think that way, definitely, but she held out hope. She would always hold out for hope, under layers and layers of caution. "I don't want to die, but..." She knew she didn't need to finish that sentence at all.

Enoh Love
Crew

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 2:55 pm
"Some fates are worse than death," Shun nodded grimly. His eye shifted to the hand with the mark, staring at it for some time.

"It's hard to say for certain what will happen. Something is likely to occur. But it might not be the outcome you think. Perhaps the first thing we ought to do is see if there are any archives on the Legacies. The more information we have... the better."  
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 7:44 pm
"I agree. Do you think maybe I should talk to the Professor again? Maybe to see if he has any suggestions?" After all, if he knew how to remove tags on cores, he might be able to suggest something to help her protect herself, or maybe he would have knowledge on the Legacies; it was a stretch, but at least it was something.

She then seemed to realize what Shun was staring at, and she shifted herself awkwardly, not-so-subtly tucking her hand into her arm, self-consciously hiding it from view.

Enoh Love
Crew

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 9:08 pm
Shun tilted his head in thought.

"You could try. He apparently is knowledgeable and skilled enough to remove your tag, after all. Granted... if he did, maybe he would have told you how to keep that safe when he first did that," he stated with a light shrug. It might not hurt to ask, in any case.  
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 8:17 pm
"Can you help me, Shun? I can ask the Professor but...If you can keep your ears open for alternatives, I'd really appreciate it." She was scared - not only that, but terrified. Her remaining options were limited, and she liked none of them.

blade kuroda

Enoh Love
Crew

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 8:20 pm
"I don't think there's much I can do, but I'll keep my ears open, yes." he nodded. This situation had too many unknowns for him to be of much use at the moment, unforutnately.

Enoh Love

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces