Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
How visible is your sexuality? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dark_Contortion

Mewling Fatcat

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:19 pm
I don't exactly try to make it visible, I just wear what I'm comfortable in. Jeans and T-shirts are what I like, I don't like wearing skirts or dresses. It's apparently not enough hints though...I'm not up for wearing anything that'll give much more obvious hints to my sexuality since I'm not out yet...but I'll get there eventually.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:07 pm
Invisible. It's unknown until someone asks (and even then, I'll only say it in appropriate situations).  

lgtenos
Vice Captain

I AM R U

Savage Fairy

13,250 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:59 am
I just live my life. Even with nothing to clearly identify me as non-heterosexual (I do not wear rainbow anything, for example) I would still be accused of being gay due to my femininity. So I just do what I want and straight people can deal with it.

Sometimes I will cross dress, or not cross dress but wear make up, or nail polish or something, and my partner and I kiss in public and hold hands (we're both male)...  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:53 pm
I wear a lanyard for my school ID every day that has a pin with rainbow beads on it.

Most people don't guess it. The thing that usually gives me away is I'm too open to hugs from females.  

StopLookingHere___x

7,650 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Invisibility 100

SamanthaAnelise

Beloved Wife

9,500 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:05 pm
I dont hide that im a lesbian but no one knows until i mention that im engaged and show them a pic of my fian'ce and myself.Everytime i tell some the always have a surprised look on their face sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:36 pm
I don't try to outright hide my sexuality, but I just wear what I like which is pretty traditional, and no one has ever even asked me about it... So I guess my orientation is pretty well hidden. I must have 'gaydar' scramblers built in. xd  

EddieSharkz

PeachPunk

Liberal Loiterer

10,550 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:49 pm
I guess you could see my bisexuality if you were looking for it, but most people aren't.
I've told people that I'm madly in love women like Kate Winslet or Lana Del Rey, in addition to men like Leonardo DiCaprio or Benedict Cumberbatch. I'm not sure if anything crossed their minds when I've said it.
I don't really "act" bi, I just act like myself.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:26 pm
I've got a rainbow pin on my messenger bag. Though it sits under the main flap so most people don't typically see it. I do tend to look kind of androgynous or masculine and like a lot of typically male things, so I think people end up making assumptions because of that. But I tend to avoid making definitive statements or discussing my sexuality/crushes around people I don't really know well since I live in a generally conservative area. It's part of the reason why my rainbow pin stays under the flap of my bag instead of on top.  

Anja Sedai

Timely Traveler

20,450 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150

Raleigh_Ronin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:27 pm
Little Heir Apparent
I'm curious about you all, partly because I am considering the length at which I would display my bisexuality to the world. I don't feel comfortable with anything beyond a door flag (just a little rainbow flag taped up), a rainbow ribbon on my lanyard, and now I'm considering an accessory of sorts to symbolize my bisexuality.

I want to be visible because I feel that I'm ready for it. But, I also don't feel comfortable treading much further than what I've done so far, partly because I don't know how I'd handle accusations of not being a real bisexual. I have a boyfriend, which kinda erases my bisexuality in public. sweatdrop Or worse, my relationship could be seen as a means to hide behind heterosexual privilege, which sucks.

What do you all do?
I do nothing for my visibility. I'm pretty out my family knows, most of my friends know and the ones who don't just don't know because it never has come up. I don't really feel the need to broadcast when I was younger I had a crap ton of rainbow stuff but I just gave it all to good wills and thrift shops awhile ago partly because it didn't fit partly because I'm past that phase of my life. Only thing I kept was a rainbow belt my mother hand made for me before my first pride parade. I don't wear it but it has a buttload of sentimental value.  
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 9:02 pm
Not very visible. Whenever I talk about boys people kinda freak out because they're not used to it, haha.

It even to the extent that sometimes people forget I'm gay (subconsciously, kinda).

Ex. There's two (confirmed) non-straight people in my Show Choir group. I came out before the other guy, but for whatever reason people skip over me and think he's the first and only gay guy in our generation of show choir.  

Mystic Jericho

Lonely Phantom

that stark boy

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 4:50 am
I just wear whatever I want ...  
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 10:00 am
I wouldn't say it's visible. Unless the music is playing, of course. My hips go nuts on a night out. Other than that - it's usually a big surprise.

Garth the Wicked
x

This is what stereotypes do with perception. It's a shame, really.  

Problematic Chinchilla

Dangerous Darling

pythonesque

Kawaii Fatcat

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 7:22 pm
⇉ ♛ ⇇
Semi-visible. I was more comfortable being visible at college, because of the more open and liberal atmosphere of the area I was in. However, I moved home to get a job, and the area is much more close-minded and judgmental.
I guess my Facebook might be semi-obvious about it, since I share articles and information from time to time.
Also, people seem to kind of assume I'm gay anyways because of how I dress (at times) and how I wear my hair. It's stereotyping, even if it's a correct assumption.

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 8:12 pm
I'm super out and open but I don't do anything to draw attention to myself like wear rainbows out.
I'm pretty girly. I wear dresses on a regular basis. But I also have tattoos and piercings. The placements I guess are "stereotypical". But other than that, I wear what I want.  

prayersinchairs

Girl-Crazy Fairy

12,450 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Sin Error

Elder

7,850 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:07 am
I don't hide it, but I certainly don't like giving out any details of my persona to people I meet. if they ask or ask about realtionships, I tell them.

I used to wear a rainbow industrial piercing, but that's about it, well maybe a bracelet or two,  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff