Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply :[ Notices & Metaplot ]: ~ Metaplot related character advancement
[NOTICE] Attn: Pss. Celestia, Luna, & Cadence (Dai & Fea) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fea Line
Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:58 am
Cadence nodded and smiled. "I would be honored." she said, glancing back down at the note again for the directions before setting off, leading the three Princesses there.

Just as the note had said, it took a few days to get there, even by air. Though time was of the essence, so Cadence made sure only to stop them if it was of absolute necessity, such as resting the wings. She wanted to make it there in time but not have the trio be completely worn down by the time they got there, should they happen to need as much strength as they could get. She was unsure as to how quickly this Emalyn would require their assistance.... or how fast things would turn bad. Cadence hoped for the prior.

Once nearer to the Ithyl forest, Cadence quickly scanned for the area they were to meet, or if anything a clear spot to land. The only place she could set eyes on was what looked to be a pond in a slight clearing. "There." she called, slowing her wings to allow her to descent just at the perimeter of the pond. Was this really it?

Though her mind had been full of questions, Princess Luna knew one thing.. and that was that being able to fly at night somehow made her feel at least. Even if it took a few days to reach their destination, she was glad for the chance to be nearer to the moon those couple of days.

However she had to put all that past her now as the arrived at what should be the spot the other had told them to meet. Glancing at Cadence and then back for her sister as she began her descend, the dark princess was glad to finally have her hooves back on the ground for more than just a brief resting period. But her senses were back on full alert as she gazed all about them. "Is it then? Have we arrived?" she said softly, glancing through the breaks in the trees up towards the sky. If she knew the night sky here as well as she did back home, then they had arrived with but a few minutes to spare before midnight.

o0_Daisuke_0o
Just gonna skip to them arriving

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:23 pm
Flying with her family was actually quite relaxing, despite the situation they were throwing themselves into. Would they be needed for some sort of task; were they being led into a trap far from home; was it just a whim to see them without any real need? The days did not take long to pass between their idle conversation and various breaks, so the princess was almost surprised to hear when they had arrived.

So soon?

Apparently.

Descending in turn with the other two, Celestia looked around at their surroundings. A… pond? “It appears as such, is that correct Cadance?” Why ever would they be needed at such a location? Her eyes looked around at the trees lining the clearing the moment her hooves touched the ground, trying to find where this pae might come from.

It would be a stretch to say that she was outright suspicious of the situation, but she was certainly wary. Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

Fea Line

Daisicle

Aged Genius

Fea Line
Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:59 pm
"If I'm not mistaken, this should be where the letter sent us..." she said softly, taking a step forward to peer around before double checking the note. No, she was almost certain this is where it told them to meet... and yet... she didn't see anyone. Just a pond.... which if she wasn't mistaken was either... glowing or... that moon was really bright...

Luna stepped forward cautiously, peering around before looking over the edge into the waters. She saw the pale moonlight reflected in the waters surface but nothing really below that. Just the silvery luster of the water... which on second thought, seemed strange to the dark princess. That certainly couldn't be from the moon? Could it? Luna tilted her head back up towards the thing she knew best, now in its full splendor, before back at the waters. "This water glows unusually..." she said aloud, turning back to her sister and the other two. Could they also see it?

o0_Daisuke_0o

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:32 pm
Perched atop a fallen log on the other side of the pond, just on the southern end of the large clearing, with the meadow behind, (The pond is hidden in the trees) a shadowed figure watched the Princesses descend. They were alone. Good. The figure held a staff with a glowing orb atop. It dimly lit the figure's arm as it was held out away from the body. Eyes alight from the orb.

On a full moon, the pond's surface would be silvery and reflective. Not appearing to be at all water. The princesses would see their reflection and even a cryptic glimpse of their future. (Portia can decipher these).

The figure stood and the cloak billowed with the breeze. Using one hand, the hood was pulled back. While the princesses may have been entranced by the images in the pond, all three would see the reflection of the Earthmother with the moon as her backdrop.

"I trust no one knows you are here?"

((You can pursue the little glimpse of the future with Portia afterwards if you want))

o0_Daisuke_0o

Fea Line

FA Mysteries
Crew

Dapper Hunter

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:34 am
Following in turn with her sister, Celestia took a few steps to the edge of the pond, her eyes looking over the silvery and glowing surface of the water. Her eyes looked back at her, small ripples of… something… momentarily seeming to distort her white figure and the calm moonlight, yet there was no indication of anything breaking the surface and causing it.

Looking to her side, to Luna, she made eye contact and nodded. “It is quite strange indeed…” The whole of the situation was.

She was completely unaware to the presence of another among the three of them.

Upon looking back to the surface, her eyes widened in blinked at the sudden appearance of another behind them, her magnificent antlers and flowing hair alit with the moonlight.

Earthmother.

How could it… Pulling her eyes away, Celestia calmly turned to find and look at the great faun behind them, cloaked in a manner she had only seen once before, many seasons ago, at that foreboding cave. She had been a different pae back then, naïve and arrogant.

Nodding twice, she turned to completely face the figure before speaking first in reply, her voice confident. “None, save for the spirits and present company.” A pause, before she asked in a quieter tone, “Was it you who sent for us to appear here, Earthmother?

Are… you Emalyn?

Fea Line

FA Mysteries

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:43 am
Luna stared harder into the surface of the pond, which began to look more and more unlike water at all, but a silver glow in the midst of a forest. As if the moon had cried her own tears and they settled on the ground's surface. But that wasn't all that began to show in the waters, as Luna continued to look, she saw the figure of a faun appear, backed by the moon.

Turning around she glanced over the Earthmother, and then to her sister, whom seemed more familiar with her than the dark princess could say she had been. "You then...." she said softly, silently echoing her sisters thoughts and questions. What would the Earthmother need of them out here at this pond?

"Earthmother...." Cadence echoed softly, turning around last and taking a small step forward to be side by side with the other princesses. She held the note firmly in her hand and glanced at it again before back. "Emalyn? I would have not thought another faun.... but then... it makes sense." she said softly, mostly to herself. Who else would have known their contributions to the tree if not a faun? Her only questioned that remained at this time was why here... why such secrets.

o0_Daisuke_0o

FA Mysteries

Fea Line
Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500

FA Mysteries
Crew

Dapper Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:12 pm
User Image

The Faun Earthmother tapped her staff on the fallen log and the globe lit brighter, allowing for better visibility among the princesses. She hopped down and bowed her head to the women. The little buds on her antlers started to glow like fireflies. She smiled warmly and answered their questions.

"I am indeed the one whom requested your presence here. It is of the utmost secrecy so I pray you did not let anyone know of your journey here. Not even the chief."

"Emalyn... was my name from long ago. I wasn't always called Earthmother." She gave a wistful sigh, letting her mind wander for just a moment. "You are welcome to just call me Em. I used my real name because I knew if I kept my identy a complete secret, you'd not have come. It would have been too suspicious. Only Rais and Vanya would recognized that name had you sought counsel."

"Gratitude for coming. This is a matter of great importance that I must present to you. Come, follow me."

Earthmother walked around the pond, heading towards the meadow. Upon breaking through the treeline, across the huge meadow was a tall, silver glistening tree. The bark and the branches twisted upwards giving the tree the appearance of a finely wrapped silver work of art. Once the full moon reached its zenith, the tree would glow brilliantly. The cool night breeze rustled the leaves and they sparkled like diamonds.

"Goddess Artemis planted this. It is with her generosity and grace that she returns it to us."

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:49 pm
Celestia remained quiet as her sisters, then Earthmother, spoke. Emalyn... That was her true name? It seemed to bring fond memories from the past, as the mention of Equestria did for herself. She nodded as Emalyn mentioned the new name they could call her by, making a mental note of it.

It was strange, though, that this was something meant to be kept from even the chief. The thought of hiding anything from him always made her uncomfortable, bringing memories of how tense the last situation had been.

But if it was Earthmother... Well...

When prompted, the princess followed obediently, making sure to keep a respectful distance between her and the guide until they reached the destination. Wow. What a sight... That tree shined like the stars in the sky, bright and brilliant. It was unlike anything in her memory and it captivated her greatly. To think such a thing would be here, but... why were they needed?

"It is quite beautiful." That was an understatement, though, just who was Artemis? She felt as if she had heard the name before, but couldn't place the occasion.

Fea Line

FA Mysteries

Daisicle

Aged Genius

Fea Line
Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:18 pm
Cadence looked over the tree as they drew near, recognizing the same sort of silvery hue as the pond waters. Clearly the tree and the pond contained much magic, but what for she had no clue. It looked more like a decorated treasure than a real tree. She hadn't heard much of this Artemis either, let alone seen her, at least not that she could recall anyways. "It is rather magnificent. But you mentioned... return? Was it stolen prior?" she asked curiously, wondering over Emalyn's choice of words and lack of specific details thus far.

Luna followed after the Earthmother... Emalyn, listening carefully to her words. One thing kept ticking in the back of her mind. Why the need for such secrecy? If this was all for a tree... why hide it? And what purpose could it serve?

Glancing up at the silver twined tree, Luna searched her mind for a figure to place to this name.. Artemis. Nothing she could recall to mind seemed right and she wondered if she had even seen this Artemis before, though the name was familiar enough. If only in passing mention from the stories her fiancee had told her of his arrival to the tree. "The Artemis that Stallion Justmo and many faun arrived to the tree with...?" Luna questioned softly, glancing over briefly at Emalyn...if that even was who she claimed to be.

"Yes, beautiful indeed. But what is its purpose? And why such secrets." she asked softly. She certainly meant to show no disrespect, but the darker princess had a harder time letting go of her defenses just yet. She needed answers. Specific and more detailed if she were going to drop her walls and throw caution to the wind.

o0_Daisuke_0o

FA Mysteries

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:11 pm
The walk across the meadow would take some time, it was expansive considering the location. Earthmother led the princesses towards the tree. The close they'd get, the larger it would appear. It was an optical illusion created to keep the tree from standing out.

"This is Rochadhiel. Child of Laisidhiel. Many seasons ago, a terrible hurricane settled over the island without much warning. Faun were not able to save all of the acorns in time. Many were lost." Earthmother paused and lowered her head slightly as they walked. "It was a devastating loss. We had search parties out looking for them for a long time, with no success. Many still are unaccounted for, but we've found a few of them recently."

Em stopped a moment, appearing to catch her breath. She gazed at the tree in quiet contemplation. The princesses were trustworthy. The spirits told her so. She only hoped the princesses would make the right decision. She shared a secret with them that only four other Pae'il on the island knew -- herself, Artemis, her daughter Portia and the mysterious Tia. Hopefully, they would trust what she was telling them was true. Success in preventing a repeat of the past was at stake. She continued on with the story, giving an account of who and why Artemis is important. "The Goddess Artemis, who, as you mentioned Princess Luna, returned to Telrunya with many Faun, bringing them home. She is more than an ally. She watches over and protects us all. She found one of our lost acorns here, in the pond. The magic waters transformed the acorn in ways no one could have anticipated. She planted the acorn near the pond, but not close enough to jeopardize the pond's waters. She nurtured the young sapling, helping it grow. When it was big enough, the roots found their way to the pond. You see, these trees naturally seek a magic source. It is their nature to provide for and protect all of us. Not just faun, but all of our kind -- descendents of the ancient Pae'il; children of the elements."

A cool breeze swept through the meadow, one the few remaining remnants of the frigid winter the island faced this year.

She continued on, glancing behind to the three Faunies. "Chief Rais, for all the good he does, and all the effort he puts forth to protect the Faun, is still young and learning how to lead our people in a world that has changed and evolved without us. He is a stubborn Faun, as I am sure you will all agree. He does not take well to change. He will know of what we do here, in time. It really depends all on you three."

They were close to Rochadhiel now. The tree was deceptively small from a distance, but this close, it was massive. They were close enough to see the details in the ornate and organic design of the bark and the elegant twists of the branches. But still a fair distance in front of it. The base alone was hundreds of yards wide and the closer they got, the harder it was to tell where the tree ended and the forest began. The tree was so bright, it was easy to forget it was the middle of the night. Earthmother chuckled a bit and turned around. "The full moon has this effect on her."

"Before we go any further, I do want to inform you of one important detail. What you see here tonight must not cross your lips. You cannot tell anyone what you have witnessed here tonight until Chief Rais is informed. I know he gets angry when secrets are held from him, but trust me, this is dire and we can't afford him to step in and interfere, or worse, put a stop to it. At least, not until the plan is in full effect. If you worry about the consequences of him finding out, come see me. I know how to handle to my son. You mustn't fear him."

o0_Daisuke_0o

Fea Line

FA Mysteries
Crew

Dapper Hunter

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:45 pm
As Emalyn spoke, Celestia nodded silently to herself. The story was something familiar to her, that she'd heard before some time ago. When, she couldn't quite place her finger on it, but she knew of it. As she stopped, so did the princess, her eyes looking over at the tree. With each step, it seemed to grow larger and larger, the light turning the nearby area from night to day.

It was amazing, truly amazing.

But she had called it Rochadhiel, a child of Laisidhiel, the great tree protecting all the faun. What could it mean?

When Emalyn spoke once more, she glanced to her before looking back to the tree, imagining the story as it was told. Of course, there was only an imagined figure for Artemis, but in general it did well to help visualize it all. The breeze blew her long hair in the wing, causing her to reach up and move her bangs from in front of her eyes and to tuck them away. She was certainly grateful that things seemed to be warming up again; the cold was not something Celestia was particularly fond of.

As they continued to approach, the branches were towering over her, causing her to crane up to try and take it all in. Her eyes had to squint at the radiating light, prompting a soft, "Wow..." from her lips.

Looking to Emalyn, the princess let the rest of her information sink in. This was another secret, a great one at that, that she must keep from the chieftain. Not just him, but most of those close to her: from Faroth, from Vanya, from Belvah. She had some something like that before, but... it had really been quite painful and even more stressful. Her eyes moved to the forms of her sister and niece. That's right, this would not be a secret only she was burdened with keeping, but Luna and Cadance would be there as well. They would share it as well, and Earthmother would be their with her support.

As must as his wrath had frightened her, if it was a wish of his mother, the eldest of the faun, well...

It felt justified to follow her word over his.

Pressing her hands together, Celestia returned her eyes to the figure before her, illuminated by the light of the tree. "Earthmo--... No... Em... You have my word."

Fea Line

FA Mysteries

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:50 pm
As they drew closer and closer to the tree, Luna felt as if she were staring at another piece of the moon, the way her colors mingled with the tree and caused it to glow. So this was Rochadhiel... child of the great tree Laisidhiel. The princess felt herself relax a little more as Em told more of the story, answering some of her questions. Not all but some.

As the cool breeze picked up and ruffled her hair, she peered back at the Earthmother as she continued her explanation of the tree, its need for magic, its duty to protect all. 'Children of the elements.' How this only brought more and more questions to her mind, but she could not bring herself to ask all of them. Instead, she nodded her head at her sister's words, agreeing for the time being, that this would not pass her lips onto anyone else's.

Cadence listened intently, following close behind the others as they drew closer to the tree. Once they were close, she looked both ways at the massive distance of its base, the ornate details and magical luminosity taking her breath away. "You have my word as well." the pink princess nodded, stepping closer to the other two and basking in the glow of the tree, as if night had never fallen. "However can we be of help to you on this important matter?" she tilted her head, ready to give her all for this prominent task at hand, whatever it is that Emalyn needed from her.

o0_Daisuke_0o

FA Mysteries

Fea Line
Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500

FA Mysteries
Crew

Dapper Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:25 pm
Earthmother motioned for the princesses to follow once again. Buzzing around the base of the tree around one particular spot were several dozen Terraline fairies. Terraline fairies are the same kind that become Mellons to the Faun. They are distinctive and different from other fairies by their fur-covered bodies and feline characteristics. Laisidhiel is usually full of them. The fairies buzzed excited and when the group approached, they all stopped and waited eagerly.

Em nodded to them, and they all lined up on the ground at the base of the tree. Hands on the ground, butts in the air, there was a tiny little unified gasp as each one lifted on the bark at the base of the tree. Loud creaking echoed through the meadow as the Terraline fairies lifted what appeared to be a door. It was very large, about eight meters tall. The tiny fairies lifted with all their strength, pushing the heavy door open. They held it there while a handful zipped off, causing a unified 'oof'. They returned with thick, ornately carved pillars to set below the door for support. A grand entry-way was created.

Smiling, Earthmother approached the entrance and put a hand on one of the pillars. "Ladies, welcome to Rochadhiel. Please, come in."

Inside the Tree was very similar to Laisidhiel, except the scope and overall feeling was different. The commons area wasn't nearly as big, but it was big enough to accommodate a large group of faun. There was a dais in the middle, just like the one Rais stands upon. There were little nooks lining the common area, all empty. A spiraling ramp wrapped around the wall of the tree, leading to similar living quarters like Laisidhiel. Everything had a very pristine feel to it. The light caught little glints of silver from the bark, making the space sparkle. There seemed to be crystals everywhere, too. Hanging outside of each nook, adorning many spots on the walls in the commons area. Even with the similarities to Laisidhiel, there was a more modern look to everything.

There were no faun present, except for the princesses and Earthmother. But there were dozens upon dozens of Terraline fairies buzzing around, hurriedly putting finishing touches on many of the decorations. One fairy turned a crystal just a smidgen and it caught enough of the moonlight (where was that streaming in from?) to cause the crystal to glow. The crystals acted as the light source in Rochadhiel.

"We have been preparing Her for quite some time. It is exciting to finally introduce Her to you."

o0_Daisuke_0o

Fea Line

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:13 am
The princess may have had an idea about where this was all going as they began to walk again, coming closer, even more so when the familiar terraline came into view. As a few of them waved eagerly to her, she smiled lightly, returning the gesture, before placing her hands behind her back. They were just as adorable here as in Laisidhiel, and if they were here, that could only mean…

Could it really mean…?

Her eyes widened at the sight of the door being lifted and constructed before her eyes. Breath held, she was rendered completely silent, in total awe of the scene before her, and humbled that Earthmother would come to show them the spectacle before her own son.

Nodding to their guide, Celestia followed after her, eyes continuing to look around at the vivid scene. Everything seemed so familiar, yet at the same time different; whereas Laisidhiel was rooted in tradition, everything about this tree screamed for the changing times, to carve its own way, perhaps against her mother’s wishes. Though, didn’t all children do something of the sort?

Rochadhiel.

Child of Laisidhiel.

A new Great Tree. A tree of the moon, of the future, of adapting to a changing world. One creating its own niche. If it was as its mother, though, did that mean it too could produce faun from the seeds on its branches? That’d be interesting, wouldn’t it?

Em… I…” Celestia spoke, her head turning to truly take it all in. “...she is just as beautiful inside as her outwardly appearance.” Looking down at her, she added. “This is what you wanted us to see?” It made a bit of sense, given the implications and the appearance, how Rais might have been unable to accept such a thing all at once.

Fea Line

FA Mysteries

Daisicle

Aged Genius

Fea Line
Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:41 pm
Baffled by its sheer splendor and beauty, everything seemed to be making sense now to Cadence. She watched as the fairies worked to open a door that she wouldn't have guessed to be there had she not known to look for it. Once inside her jaw parted even more in amazement. It was so similar and yet... not. Fresh, refined, current.

"Stunning. Simply stunning..." she said breathlessly as she gazed around at the crystals catching the light of the moon that poured in from seemingly no where. She could not fathom the preparation that it took to get something like this ready just for showing alone. Let alone for living in.

Walking over to stand next to Celstia, she smiled warmly, clasping her hands together. "The way it shimmers and sparkles... I am reminded of the Crystal ponies. Feel's a bit like home.... our old home." she said softly, reminded of the Crystal Empire which was forever in the back of her mind, as she was sure it was for all the crystal ponies. Or how Equestria was still in the hearts of the many that once resided there, in general.

If the outer appearance of the tree bathed in moonlight had not taken the night Princess's breath away, the inside surly did. Once past the door, Luna found no words to express her current feelings. The way the light reflected off the bark causing it to sparkle, how the crystals captured the pure rays of the moon for light...

For that short while, Luna felt as if she'd never like to leave.

"Stunning... and Beautiful... can not simply express what I am seeing now." she breathed softly, turning her attention to her Sister and niece before back to the Earthmother. "I feel as if I can not thank you enough for showing this to us... to me." she whispered, watching the little fairies busy about her work. The fact that Emalyn had chose to show this to the fauny Princesses stirred feelings inside her being she hadn't felt in a while.

Thoughts and connections formed in her mind. The preparation needed for this... to make it livable. She could only naturally assume its purpose was to accommodate fauns in the near future. From all she had heard about Rais from Justmo, or seen of him in person, it made sense he wouldn't be so welcome to the idea. It did't seem like his 'cup of tea', one could say.. but...Would the faun all transfer here? Would only some? Perhaps the fauny in particular? Or who would head this great tree?

Did it matter? Right now, in this moment, she felt as close to the moon as she could get and was content to simply bathe in her glory, even through a tree so mighty as this one.

o0_Daisuke_0o

FA Mysteries

:[ Notices & Metaplot ]: ~ Metaplot related character advancement

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas