Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[PRP] Visiting Hours Are 9-5 [Maebe/Peyton] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:44 pm
Peyton looked surprised. Maebe took that alone as information to be digested, and she furrowed her brow for the briefest moment, as her battle plan shifted slightly in another direction. She pushed herself up further, so she could watch Peyton's face and read it for clues. The admission made Maebe smile, but it was a slow and calculated thing, and it had no real mirth attached to it.

"Mmm." Maebe murmured the sound, that might have been consent, were it not for that smile on her face. She gestured with one finger crooking towards her, in the hopes that Peyton would come closer and make her life just a little easier.

"Why do you care?" That question was the one she'd watched Pey's expression for. Any little indicators would expose themselves in that moment, and Maebe was ready to snatch them up. If they were even there.

Beejoux

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:50 pm
<I don't think I like that smile.>

That makes two of us.

The crooked finger did have Peyton leaning forward again, elbows resting on her thighs as fingers clasped loosely between her knees. She waited, brows arched, for the question to come. It wasn't entirely unexpected. "Because he's my friend." Tone implied that should have been obvious.

Small fingers distangled, and she lifted on hand up so she could prop her chin up on it. "I'd kind of like to keep it that way."

nio love

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:16 pm
Maebe's eyes roamed every inch of Peyton's face. She saw nothing in those eyes that could give away a clue. No twitch in her face, no blood rushing to the surface of her skin. Peyton gave her nothing, and Maebe's smile slowly faded away.

"Just your friend." Maebe hushed out, disappointed. "Well, I guess everybody deserves one, don't they." She reconsidered that statement. "Almost everyone."

Her eyes closed, and she breathed in a long, calming breath. "All right, Pey. Nothing malicious, towards Taym." Her eyes opened, but nothing within them glimmered with any emotion; or even life. "This is strictly business."

Beejoux

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:08 pm
If Peyton had been away of just how intent Maebe had been on her answer she might have actually been more revealing, but the other blonde wasn't digging.

"Well, really good friend," she amended thoughtfully, curious over the disappointment she was picking up from the girl in the hospital bed. Maebe was hard to read. Peyton couldn't be sure if the Moon was happy with her company or annoyed.

When she conceded to using any and all shared information in a non vicious fashion she nodded, lips twitching slightly to one side. "Fair enough. She wasn't entirely sure she trusted Maebe. Made her want to test the waters with false leads. See what the woman did with anything Peyton might give her.

nio love

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:24 pm
Pey had already deflated her initial pulse of curiosity, but it was Maebe's less-calculating-more-impulsive questioning that would end up getting more answers than she'd meant it to. "Good friend with benefits? 'Cause you're a beautiful little girl, Pey. If you're schtooping Skeletor, we're going to have to get you out on the next portal and find you some men with meat."

They were throw away words - she'd ceased to care if any of them hit home or not. They were the careless, callous words of a girl who really didn't care about the conversation anymore.

"So tell me what you were offering that day on Twitter, then. What is it about Taym that you know?"

Beejoux

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:49 pm
Peyton blinked, thrown by the sudden compliment, color washing in a soft rosy tint across tan and freckled cheeks. Not at the implication of sex, but the kind words. "I..Thank you." Shock was apparent in her voice before a little hint of humor followed it. "And no, not with benefits."

Ankles crossing, Peyton sat back in her chair again. "I probably know more then anyone else does," she offered, but didn't expand at all. Pale eyes intent on the other girl. It was Peyton's turn to watch Maebe's face for any telling reactions. "He hates Rep. They hate each other, really." It some something easy, something basic. Something that could have been found out with any sort of real effort, but Peyton had never seen Maebe on twitter. So maybe she'd find some value in it.

nio love

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:35 pm
Peyton was just toying with her now. "That's very public knowledge, Pey." Maebe purred out, her smirk returning to her face. "If that's the kind of thing you wanted to tell me, when you offered, I think you were bluffing. But the question is, why would you have been? What is it you wanted from me, back then."

She leaned in, and her expression turned treacherous. "Maybe I'm asking the wrong questions here. Maybe I don't want to know about Taym anymore." She reached up, and tapped Peyton's lips with her index finger - punctuating each word as she did so.

"Maybe I should be asking about you."

Beejoux

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:54 am
Maebe's smirk was met with a smile that wasn't so much sheepish as deliberate. "Just testing." Even back then she hadn't been entirely sure what she would have offered up to the other girl. The offer hadn't been why she'd initially reached out to her.

And it looked as if Maebe was now realizing that. It made the smile slip off the smaller girl's lips, and she folded her arms across her stomach as Mae leaned in towards her. The tap on her lip made her flinch, and pale eyes narrowed on the defensive. "Why would you want to ask about me?"

nio love

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:31 am
The defensiveness she suddenly exhibited was a palpable thing. Maebe breathed it in, feeding on the feel of it. Everything felt better when she was on the offensive. She inhaled deeply, and inched even closer, until she was an uncomfortable closeness to Peytons face. Her lower lip jutted out just slightly.

"Are you saying you don't want me to get to know you better, Pey? Would it really be so awful to get to know each other.." Her tongue slid across her lips as she patted the hollow of Peyton's neck with two gentle fingertips. "Better?"  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:59 am
lilac eyes widened as Maebe leaned ever closer, and she found her gaze dropping to her lips, lingering there on that pouting lower lip before jumping back up to meet the other girl's eyes.

Why the ******** did her cheeks suddenly feel hot?

"I..wait." That wasn't what she'd said. Peyton frowned, leaning her head back as Maebe licked her lips. "I'm all for getting to know people, but, um." Fingers touched her neck, and the smaller girl swallowed. It felt an awful lot like Maebe was hitting on her, but that didn't seem right.

One small hand raised up, touching Maebe's shoulder, not so much pushing her away as just keeping her from coming any closer. Buying herself a few seconds so she could regain some manner of composure. Peyton wasn't used to people hitting on her, and certainly not other women, if that was indeed what was happening. "We've only just met. How about we take things a little slow to start."

<That was surprisingly smooth.>

Your sarcasm isn't appreciated.

She'd smiled, but it slipped away. "If you're hitting on me I'm flattered, but I'm confused enough as without adding one more person to my dance card. If not.. I'm sorry for assuming so, but my experience with flirtation is somewhat limited."

nio love

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:48 pm
Peyton was a canvas of reactions. That was immense fun, she realized. She missed actually seeing someone react to her that much. The last time someone had even come close was Quinn's blush at the mere mention of sex, the poor thing. But now, Peyton was the one whose face was being brushed with flustered color.

Peyton held her at bay, and Maebe grinned just a little too toothily. She felt the threat of laughter bubbling up inside, and pushed it down as long as she could.

"That's okay. You're right. I'm completely hitting on you." It wasn't a subtle secret, after all. "But I don't want on your dance card. I don't sign dance cards. I don't even want to dance. I'd rather just stay in the car and ******** head tilted down just slightly, to look up at Pey through knowing eyes. "You caught me. I'm lying, I don't want to get to know you better. Though I'd love to know who's on your dance card, that sounds interesting. Or I could render you incapable of speech and keep it to ourselves." Her nose squished in thought.

"Decisions, decisions."

Beejoux

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:50 am
Maybe coming to check in on the Moon hadn't been a great idea after all. Maybe Taym hadn't been exaggerating about Mabe, maybe she was as big a pain in the a** as he made her out to sound.. Maybe.

Peyton flushed scarlet at Maebe's flippant comment about ******** in cars, and she dropped her gaze, hands falling away from the other girl's shoulder so she could press her palms to her face. Hiding, but not hiding.

She peeked through her fingers when she started talking again, frowning. As awkward as the overtures had been, Peyton preferred that to the potential avenue Maebe was heading towards. She didn't want to talk about Solomon, and certainly not Taym. Specially not with someone she barely knew. Someone that was incredibly difficult to read. Someone she didn't trust.

nio love

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:44 pm
Peyton was curling up in embarrassment. This, she could work with. Maebe let out a quiet laugh and reached up to wrap one arm around Peyton's shoulder, pulling her in. "Okay, okay. I'll stop. You're too easy. Or not easy enough, if you're looking at it from my point of view. But I'll stop, if you want."

She let out a long sigh, and slumped against the girl. "So I guess this means you won't be telling me anything interesting about Taym or yourself after all, huh." Maebe felt a great welling of disappointment hit her. "Looks like I'm back to being alone in every sense, then. But it was nice of you to drop by. I guess."

Beejoux

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:29 am
Peyton would have given a great deal for the ground below her chair to open up just then to swallow her up. Maebe received a grateful look, one that flattened as she continued until fading blush flared anew and she lifted her hands to hide behind. Jesus ******** Christ, she hated how easily she blushed. Hated it.

When Maebe lay back and let her go the hands dropped, and Peyton was left frowning at the blonde in the bed, feeling guilty, though not entirely sure why, or that she had any reason to. Lips pursing, she tried to pull up something interesting she could share with the other girl that wasn't actually painful or damning to either herself or Taym, but anything that harmless was already out in about thinks to how very small the island was.

After a moment or two of awkward quietness she finally got to her feet. "I guess not. Sorry." The toe of one boot tapped against the toe of the other, leg bouncing. "But If you need anything, help getting around or just in general." A smile, hopeful and placating. "Just shoot me a message." She turned towards the door before Maebe had a chance to protest the offered help or laugh at it. Glancing back once to flash her a smile before slipping out of the room.

nio love
Wrap on my end!

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:38 am
Maebe did not protest the offer, as Peyton might have thought she would. In fact, she said nothing at all, and her face was an apathetic mask of indifference as she flashed that smile and left. But in truth, Maebe was going to take her up on that. A lot.

She slowly settled the bed back into the laying position, and closed her eyes; but not before whispering one very quiet, useless word into the air.

"Sucker."

Beejoux
<3

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out