Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[PRP] I Brought The Cookies (Robert & Molly) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:33 pm
"Oh, hell yeah." Robert breathed out intensely. "You don't ******** around with that s**t in here. Lives are on the line. And if you're not keeping up with your s**t, they take you out like-" He snapped violently. "That. I've seen people come and go, no second chances, no warnings. You keep clean, and you keep out of the way, or you're put back on dish duty at the labs, cleaning beakers n s**t."

He looked at the box of latex gloves, and pursed his lips. "Doesn't feel like we're ever really well stocked on anything, but I don't remember running out either. I don't know where they come from. I think we could definitely use someone makin' sure we're always stocked." He surveyed her coat with a critical eye to see if he could just push the sleeve up, before backing up a step and nodding. "Yeah, take it off. It'll be easier that way."

Lucyal

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:55 pm
Molly startled at how intense Robert got, but she relaxed, and his words even brought a smile to her face. Good! That wasn’t something people should be…taking lightly, so she was rest assured in that aspect. As for supplies though…

“Alright!” Molly now jotted down some stuff furiously. Urgent and big reminders to herself to find out who she’d needed to talk to, to make sure that the infirmary was always well supplied. She was glad that Robert hadn’t run into a case where he ran out of anything, yet, but to have someone on top of always making sure things were stocked, well, that was very safe. Sounded like her job!

Her…job…her’s…heeee.

”Alright…!” Molly placed her items off to the side, and then unbuttoned her coat. She let it hang around her waist, and then rolled up the sleeve of her green sweater, and presented her arm to Robert.

Now she wasn’t in the middle of being nervous, anxious, or embarrassed, she could only hope her blood pressure would read as normal.

Nio Love

Lucyal

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:56 pm
Robert pushed the wrap against his body, to get all of the air out of it. Then he unrolled it and wrapped it around Molly's arm, carefully attaching it until it was snug against her skin. He put his fingers on her wrist, positioned her arm correctly, and started to pump air into the device. On and on it went, tightening uncomfortably around Molly's arm, until it was hard to pump and he finally stopped. That was when he stood there quietly, his eyes focused firmly on the dials that wiggled on the device. This was always the hardest part for him - focus.

He released the air with the press of a button, and unwrapped it from Molly's arm.

"122's just a little high, are you nervous?" He asked her, bending his head in to look directly into her eyes for some indication of her well being through pupil dilation. If she wasn't nervous, then it was time to watch the salt, but if she was..

"It's nothing to be worried about." He put the wrap back on the tray, and patted her gently over the head. "Nothing's been stressing you out, has it?"

Lucyal

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:44 pm
While Robert took her blood pressure, Molly ended up looking away. Not that the act itself bothered her, it was just watching her arm get squeezed like it did made her feel a bit faint, so it was just best not to look. She was a good patient though, and sat nice and still as Robert did his thing.

As the verdict was announced though, Molly immediately blanched, and whipped her head around to face Robert. A little high!? Oh no! “Nervous?” She echoed, and then laughed a bit…nervously…

Yeah.

“Uh…I don’t…think so? Well…” She paused, and her brows furrowed. “Um…I think so…ah…I just want to make sure I’m doing this specialization job right…so I hope I’m doing all the right things when I’m shadowing those who are so generous as to let me take their time…that’s all!”

Nio Love

Lucyal

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:22 pm
The nervous laughter relieved Robert, because despite her denial, he could tell she was nervous, and therefore perfectly healthy. So he finished wrapping up the blood pressure wrap and put it down, turning back to her to listen to her explanation. The first part sounded like a typical reason to be nervous, but when she started to tack on her reasoning, Robert melted like a little girl.

"Ugggh. Molly. You are too precious to be for real." He reached up and squeezed her around the shoulders with one arm, before helping her off the cot. "Come on, I'll show you the supplies closet so you get a good look at what we've got and what we use."

Lucyal

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:52 am
“I…what?” She choked, turning red, still. “Oh goodness…” Really, she wanted to protest that, but soon she was being helped off the cot. Once her feet hit the ground, she pulled her coat back up and buttoned it up, and then picked up her clipboard and the boxes of cookies.

“Alright!” She chirped with a smile. Seeing the supplies and where they were stored sounded like a very good plan! “Hey um…Robert?” Molly started. “…Are you happy in your Division?” Noticing that that could seem out of the blue, Molly hastily added. “I’m just curious! A lot of people I’ve been talking to lately just seem…ah…” She paused, and her brows furrowed a bit. “Like they don’t fit where they are…”

Nio Love

Lucyal

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:57 pm
Robert opened up the giant room that was used as a closet, and he was already reaching up to start pulling down items to show her when she asked the question. In one hand he held packages of closed syringes, and in the other he held small cups for samples. But he didn't explain either of them, because her question had caught him by surprise, and he stared at her with a deer in headlights look.

"Happy..?" Had someone been talking about him? He knew full well that nobody thought he should still be in Life Division. From day one, even the doctor probably thought he'd been a mistake. There had only been one reason why Life Division had kept Robert as their most loyal Hunter - and that reason was dead and buried now.

But that did not kill his loyalty.

"I'm happy." He put his hands down and tried to keep his expression from crumpling with desolation. "I'm where I belong. Life is my home, even if they don't want me. Even if I never contribute a single thing while I'm here. This is where I'll always belong."

The words were spoken with such clarity, such emotion, that there was no room for doubt. Robert may not have fit into the mold that Life Division needed, but he refused to leave it. She would never have forgived him, if he did.

Lucyal
lizbot
you take those feels you take em

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:59 am
Robert looked like a deer in the headlights, and then Molly looked like a deer in the headlights too when it seemed like, for a lack of better words, she had unintentionally struck a nerve. She brought her fingers up to her lips worriedly. “Oh, I’m sorry, Robert, I didn’t mean to—“

She trailed off though, as he spoke up, and she listened. She was quiet for a moment after, before she quietly said, “I think you contribute a lot. Enthusiasm and passion if nothing else…that’s really important too.” She smiled, and then nodded her head a bit. “I’m glad, and happy for you.”

Nio Love

Lucyal

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:00 pm
Robert shook his head, and his carefree grin split his face once more. "Don't stress, princess, I don't let anybody's s**t get to me. I'm rubber and their glue. And you know what, you're right. I do contribute those things. And I'm gonna contribute more, once I pass my nursing exam."

He held out all of the items one by one, and told her, in detail, what each thing in the storage closet was for. Then he told her how important certain ones were, and which ones they would be the most ******** without.

It took a while - there was a lot in the closet to go over. But when they left, he felt he'd given her a lot to work with.

"You know somethin, Molly?" He mused, his mind wandering back to their previous conversation before they'd gotten down to work. "I think you contribute all those things, too. You're really enthusiastic and passionate. You're giving this job your all. So if you're still worried, don't be - you ain't got nothin' to worry about."

Lucyal

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces