Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:37 pm
Lirilei
Running Away
(Briar and Draven run away from their trainers for their own safety)

He couldn't sleep though he should have gone to bed hours ago. Instead he was in his office, papers shuffling between his fingers as he looked for a particular set. Those found his pen was picked back up and the nib began to scratch onto the paper, the only sound in the otherwise silent office besides his own breathing. It was a little after three in the morning, according to the clock burning away on his desk more or less unnoticed.

There was a dragonite not far away, struggling to stay in the air. He was carefully holding a pachirisu close to his chest. "I don't know how long I'll last," Draven muttered. "I've been flying for hours, and I don't see any place without people..." That said, the dragonite began to fall--his wings beating feebly against the force of gravity. They crash landed directly into Colby's backyard, bringing down half of the picket fence with them.

The Pachirisu being clung to, wrapped her paws around her friends hand as much as she could in encouragement though she knew his muttered words weren't meant for her persay. Still as he began to fall she turned away from the fast approaching ground and pressed her face against the Dragonite's chest with a soft whimper of fright. Who wouldn't be scared of falling like they were? There was the sound of something breaking...tangling up with them and she lay there still, afraid to move. "Dr...Draven? Are you okay? Draven!?" the Pachirisu, injured earlier in the day ignored her own injuries to begin looking the other over as best she could.

Though her head snapped up at the lights flashing on in the house not far from them. "Draven.....get up Draven...we have to hide! Please Draven!"

"There's no where to hide..." Draven said, shaking his head slowly. He wrapped his arms around her. "You hide," he said. "I'm too big, but you've got a chance. Maybe these people are nice. They have children." he glanced around the yard. "Go," he instructed. "Hurry. Behind that bush there. Hide!"

Children! The idea terrified her! She clung to Draven as he hugged her and shook her head. "I'm not leaving you Draven! I'll zap who ever comes out and we can run away further..." still as he gently shoved her away she ran to hide in the bush, staring at him with wide, frantic eyes. Why wouldn't he hide?! The yard was dark...he could find somewhere a person wouldn't see him!

The door opened then, and there stood a tall man wearing a dark expression a weapon held in his hand as he looked out into the dark yard. "Who's out here? I have a gun, and I will shoot you if you attempt anything!" why yes...Colby thought he had a burglar on his hands!

"Drago nite?" What was a gun? His former trainer Jaime had spoken about ribbons, anime, hats--she had even put blue ribbons on his antennas on occassion. But what was a gun? He looked up at Colby helplessly. He wasn't sure he could get up. He attempted to scoot away, closer to Briar. Maybe the man couldn't see him. Maybe he wouldn't shoot him with a gun--whatever a gun was. "It'll be okay Briar," he promised. "I'll take care of you. Like I always do. I love you."

That phrase from the Dragonite...it made Colby pause a moment and the gun, well it was set up on a high shelf, and he grabbed a flashlight instead and flicked it out into the yard at the same moment the motion detectors were kicked on by a stray cat streaking past. It made Colby blink seeing the dragon scooting along on the ground. "A Dragonite? Here?" how...odd! Briar was looking up at the human as he reached for something and stepped outside.

Draven was still waiting to see if he would be shot with a gun. He attempted to stand, struggling to get up onto his feet. "Drago?" he studied Colby. For all his frightening sounding voice, the man couldn't have been much older than Jaime's father.

Of course with the lights on, Colby could see half his fencing was gone, and semi tangled around the Dragonite. He stepped from the house, the pokeball held loosely. Oh he'd had Pokemon once upon a time, but ever since life changed, he'd not. Still...a Dragonite.... "Lets see if my aim is still any good..." he pulled his arm back to throw the ball then, Briar's eyes wide. "No! Draven!!"

Draven did nothing to avoid the pokeball. He knew he couldn't have moved fast enough to dodge it, and he was too weak to battle, if the man opted for that. He allowed the ball to catch him, and with a few wiggles of the pokeball, the dragonite was caught.

Briar was horror struck to see him caught and darted out of the bush, arms clutching at the pokeball almost ineffectively as Colby reached for it then, brushing aside the Pachirisu. "No you don't you little thief. This is my pokeball." a tired yawn from him as he turned away from the shiny pachirisu. Hm....it was a shiny... he might not have a use for it but he could trade it away. He reached for another pokeball and tossed it at the distraught electric squirrel watching as it too was caught and picked that one up too and started inside. He'd call for a repair crew once it was day time.

The dragonite's pokeball began to wiggle. Draven left the pokeball with relative ease, standing directly in front of Colby. He carefully took Briar's pokeball, and shook a clawed finger at the man. "Nite nite nite," he said sternly, cradling the pachirisu's pokeball carefully. He released Briar from her pokeball and picked her up. "Nite!" he added, glancing in Colby's direction. This was his pachirisu. Colby may have caught her, but she certainly didn't belong to him.

"You're not supposed to be able to do that....maybe these things are defective..." he hadn't used them in almost a decade so maybe... he blinked at the Dragonite taking the other pokeball and released the Pachirisu, who quickly curled around his shoulders and neck looking like a pink and white scarf. "You two are friends I see....alright." he rubbed a tired hand over his eyes as he locked up and grabbed his gun before going back to his office where he replaced it in his gun safe. "What am I getting myself into here..." words muttered as he exited the office again and looked around. What to do with these two? He didn't suppose he'd be getting the pokeballs back anytime soon...

Draven was pleased, the human hadn't fought him. In reward, he followed Colby out of the office and wrapped his short arms around the man as far as he could. "Drago, dragonite!" There was some joy in the dragonite's tone. They were free! Free from the awful trainers they had had before! "See, I told you I would take care of you. Now that I have this pokeball, you belong to me. And I'll take care of you as long as we're together. And we always will be."

Colby was surprised by the hug and returned it with a light chuckle patting the Dragonite on the arm lightly. It sounded happy, which was good. The Pachirisu seemed to be watching him warily even as it nuzzled against the Dragonite's neck. "Pachiiiii...." the sound low...worried. "I know...but...can we trust him? I'm worried..." of course she was and who could blame her really? After all they'd been through. Still, she was tired and hurt...and she knew Draven had to be more so after all that flying then that landing. "I'm tired Draven...do you think we can sleep?"

Draven nodded. He plopped himself down on the floor and curled up into a ball, wrapping his tail gently around Briar. He pressed his muzzle close to her. "We'll sleep," he said. "They won't find us here, Briar. I flew far enough..."

Briar curled close to him covering herself with her tail as she let out a deep sigh. She supposed they were stuck now...he was an adult...not like their former trainers were... she trusted Draven... she felt a blanket being draped over them by Colby. "Sleep, I'll set up somewhere for you two to rest better but for now, you look like you both need to sleep."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:05 am
Reserved for finished rp  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:30 am
Lirilei
Sick Room
(Jacen is sick, and Briar and Draven find their stars!)

It was one of those days where one thing after another kept coming up and keeping Colby busy. First of course there was breakfast, then Briar in her excitement managed to knock over a lamp and break it meaning Molly had to stay put while he cleaned it up. Then there was some phone calls that came in, and Briar knocking over a plant and strewing soil around. Which meant once again Molly had to sit still while things were cleaned up.

There was so much going on that it took Colby awhile to realize that a member of the family was still in bed! Of course he knew everyone slept in once in awhile if they were able, so he hadn't thought anything of Jacen sleeping through breakfast. But it was as he cleaned up from lunch that he realized the poke-child still hadn't come out of his room. Drying his hands on a dish towel he decided he'd better go check on him then, and moved through the house and knocked lightly on the proper door. "Jacen?"

"Papa?" The response was faint and barely audible, followed by a series of coughs. The vanilite boy was feeling sickly, shivering in his bed: he felt as if he had been sunburnt rather than laying in bed. He gave another cough, wiping at his forehead in a vain attempt to stop sweating. Why did he feel like he was in an oven? Why did he feel so hot, but when he removed his blankets he felt as if he was in the artic? Papa was there though. He'd make it all better.

The quiet response of course had Colby moving into the room and quickly lips pressing together a moment as he looked at the boy laying there. He didn't look good at all. "I think you need a cool bath Jacen...I think you're sick." he looked it...but he wasn't sure, he'd never dealt with a sick pokemon...let alone poke-human! Did he call a pokemon doctor? A human one? He was uncertain honestly.

Jacen just nodded, seemingly unwilling to get out of bed. He gave another cough, reaching for Colby's hand. "Like Molly was," he recalled. He remembered wanting to help her. He'd been a Pokemon then: the glittering star under her bed had seemed like a medicine from the angels, until he had touched it. "So hot..."

"That's what I was afraid of...and you being hot being an ice type is bad." very bad. He took the boys hand and his eyes widened. "You're burning up Jacen!" Molly heard the yell and came as quickly as she could. "Papa? Is Jacen okay?" "No Molly, he's very sick." "Like I was?" "Yes sweetie. I'm going to give him a cold bath to bring down his fever." "Can I help papa?" "He needs cold water to drink." "I'll get it papa!" and off she ran....only to trip over Briar who had been trying to get out of the way. Briar let out a squeal as her tail was smashed, and Molly let out a note of surprise as she started to fall. Colby had his hands full with Jacen and couldn't do more than give a helpless cry of "Molly!"

"Burning..." Jacen muttered in agreement. He gave his father's hand a squeeze. He had the utmost faith that his father knew what he was doing. He could fix this. Papa always knew what to do. "Molly?" He asked, looking around for his one time trainer. He jerked up and climbed out of bed, nearly falling in the process. His expression was pained. He wasn't able to help Molly this time. But someone else was. Draven caught Molly, scolding her with a "Nite, drag no!" And a shake of one clawed finger. He carried her out into the kitchen and set her down by the sink. Then the dragonite went to check Briar.

Colby caught Jacen as he fell knowing that out of the two of them, Jacen needed him more than Molly at this point. Molly had fallen plenty of times, and where she was falling at, there was nothing to get hurt on save maybe hitting a wall on the way down. Still he was worried about her too even as he held Jacen carefully, feeling how wet the boy was from what he assumed was sweat.

Relief crossed his face as Draven caught her, a slight smile at the scolding. He had to admit, in the weeks since they'd shown up things had gotten easier in a way. Draven kept an eye on Molly when he couldn't, and even the pachirisu...well she didn't cause too much trouble. Usually.

Molly gasped as she was caught. clinging to Draven's arms and hugged him even as he scolded. "Thank you Dragonite!" of course she hadn't named either of them. They were her dad's pokemon and he called them by their species so she did the same.

Briar was fine, more relieved Molly was okay!

Jacen leaned against Colby, wrapping his arms around his father's neck. "I'm so hot, Papa," he complained. Was it normal to sweat so much? He never had, as a Pokemon. "Molly's okay?" He asked, more concerned about her safety than his. In a way he still considered her his trainer. He needed to protect her. Draven fretted over Briar, despite her words. "I wish I wasn't so big," he said. "I want to protect you and be with you, always."

"She's okay Jacen, Draven caught her and set her down." he carried the boy into the bathroom and held him close as he ran a cool bath for him. He didn't want it too cold, but cold enough he'd cool off. "Alright...in you go, clothes and all at this point. We can get those off in awhile. More important to get you in this cold bath. I swear you're melting Jacen." which was a very BAD thing!

Briar couldn't help but smile at his fretting. she looked towards Molly. subject change? Just slightly.

Melting? The vanilite was immediately alarmed, blue eyes wide in horror. "M-melting?" He stammered, giving a shiver. Could he melt? Was that possible? "Papa... Am I dying?" He asked. He couldn't die! He had to take care of Molly! He was her Pokemon!

Draven scooped Briar up into his arms. "We both can," he said. He carried the pacirisu to the kitchen and set her down on the cupboard. He handed her an empty glass.

Colby hugged him tightly to himself. "No, you're not dying Jacen you're just very very sick right now." he carefully laid the boy into the cold water, hoping it was cold enough for him. But it really didn't feel that cold after a few moments. "Ice...I need ice cubes for this water..." words muttered to himself. Something to cool Jacen down!

Briar held on as she was scooped up and held onto the glass tightly as Molly listened to the noises both from the pokemon and from the bathroom. "Papa said something about needing ice...maybe the water for Jacen?" Molly could hear the cabinet opening, the sound of the glass clinking lightly on the counter top. So she knew Draven was getting the water. "I gotta help Jacen!"

Draven recognized the word ice. He went to the freezer and handed Molly two ice trays. He patted her on the head and directed her towards the bathroom. "Nite, dragonite!" Oh, he wished he could do more!
Jacen laid in the water, shivering at the sudden cold. He adjusted quickly, though, and slowly sat up. "I know I'll be okay if you say I will, Papa," he gave Colby a small smile.

Molly felt the ice trays and held them tightly with one hand, even as Briar nudged the cold glass against her other hand. "Thank you!" and there she went, carefully making her way back to the bathroom. "Papa..I have water and ice!" Colby looked up and gave a relieved smile taking both from her. "Thank you Molly." She looked in Jacen's general direction hearing the noise in the water. "You'll be okay Jacen! Papa, and me, and dragonite and pachirisu'll all take good care of you!" of course they would.

Briar though sighed again. "Being so small sucks. I can't help do anything...and when I try I make a bigger mess of things." "You helped Jacen," Draven insisted with a slight frown. "And Molly's bigger than you, but she can't do much to help. Size doesn't matter." The dragonite sighed. "What matters is your heart. And I know it better than anyone."

"You helped Jacen," Draven insisted with a slight frown. "And Molly's bigger than you, but she can't do much to help. Size doesn't matter." The dragonite sighed. "What matters is your heart. And I know it better than anyone."

Jacen reached out a hand to grasp Molly's. "You've always taken good care of me, Molly," he said. Even when she'd tried to name him Sweetie. Blegh!

"Not as much as I want to...and Molly helps more than I do, even not being able to do much. Not her fault she's blind." Briar sighed again, giving Draven a weak smile. "Maybe you're right. I don't know. I feel like I'm in the way so much though. I'm so small Molly doesn't hear me moving around and trips on me...but when I try to get out of the way I break things and make it dangerous for her. I'm a menace." how sad she sounded!

There was a soft giggle from Molly as her hand was taken. "You're all wet!" "And cooling down too which is good. I'm still adding in this ice." and Colby did turn the trays open and crack the ice the cubes plopping into the water. "This'll help you more."

Draven shook his head. "You're not a menace. Its not your fault you're small, just like it isn't Molly's fault she's blind. You're just as important. ...More important, to me." Draven awkwardly looked away from Briar then, and out the kitchen window.

Jacen let his hand slip from Molly's. His fever was going down at a rapid pace, which caused him to become tired. How long had he laid in bed, staring at the ceiling? He started to slip under the water

Of course Briar was oblivious to Draven's deeper feelings as she reached out and patted his arm. "You're my best friend, so you're the most important to me too. You've meant a lot to me, for a long time." she gave a soft sigh, and jumped down off the counter finally as he looked out the window. Maybe she'd go outside for a little bit. Colby had installed a little doggy door for her...or in this case a Pachirisu door...and it was where she went, slipping through the flap...and unintentionally into Draven's line of sight as she caught the glimmer of something off in an over grown corner of the backyard, which caught her attention and had her moving towards it. "What's that? Nothing should be shining over here..." she crept closer, wondering what could be so bright in such a dim location!

Of course all of this took place where she could be seen by Draven....much as her suddenly collapsing to the ground for no reason could be seen from that window. She'd reached for the shiny...only to touch it and fall, eyes shut tightly.

Molly let Jacen's hand go as it slipped loose, she didn't know any better. Colby turned back to the tub after setting aside the ice trays in time to see Jacen going under and his arm shot out and carefully pulled the boys head up above the water. "Whoa...Jacen c'mon son wake up...if you're not careful you'll drown. Think you're ready to go back to bed? I'll get you out and dried up and you can sit and wait while I change your sheets and set up a fan to keep you cooled down."

Draven immediately panicked, and practically flew out the door and to the pacirisu's side. He picked her up carefully. What had happened? And why had she gone out in the first place? She had made her feelings for him perfectly clear.. He was her best friend. No matter how much he wished, he doubted he could change that. He loved her!
Jacen stirred, frowning slightly. Did they have to wake him? He had finally gotten comfortable. "Nnn.. Papa," he whined, attempting to turn onto his side. He didn't want to move. He was comfortable... Drown? "'M awake," he muttered.

The pachirisu was not having any sort of pleasant and quiet sleeping experience. Furthest from. She was laying there mumbling away fretfully under her breath, looking agitated in her otherwise unconscious state. "...gotta tell him....lied...." the words sighed. "...not friend..." she fell silent for a long moment even as she shifted and sort of pressed against Draven. "....love him....m'Draven..." that was one way to go about things. Still a part of her, while she loved him, didn't feel like she was the best for him. She was so tiny! But oh did she ever love him!

Colby held him up for a bit above the water. Molly had already exited the bathroom. She could undo Jacen's bedding! So she worked on that quickly the soaked sheets set to the side. "Papa, his bed is soaked...he can lay in my bed it's okay." she called out then. "If you're sure Molly..." "I am papa." and she was off, her bedding turned down as Colby drained the tub and reached for a towel. "Up we go."

Draven stiffened. She'd lied? But why? Why would she lie? Wasn't how he felt obvious? "Don't worry, Briar," he assured the sleeping the pacirisu. "I'll take care of you." He noticed something on the ground and paused. A star? A shining, glittery thing. Maybe Colby would like it! He shifted Briar to one arm and picked it up--he found his eyelids growing heavy, and laid down. Eh. Gift giving could wait.

Jacen found he was just as comfortable in Colby's arms as he had been in the water. The sleepy vanilite child quickly wrapped his arms around Colby's neck, leaning his head on the man's shoulder. "Sleepy," he muttered, watching Colby reach for a towel through half closed eyes.

Of course she was unaware of her little confession...or of the fact she'd have to answer some questions once they both woke back up...but for the moment she laid there curled up on Draven, her tail curled over her and slumbered blissfully unaware of all the changes coming to her life soon.

Colby got Jacen wrapped in the towel, and carefully worked on drying him up, and getting him out of his wet clothes before carrying him to his room long enough for some light shorts before the boy was tucked into Molly's bed, a small fan turned on and aimed at him. "I'll stay in here in case he needs anything papa." "Alright Molly. Come find me if he does." "I will papa, promise."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:51 pm
(Growth reactions)

Molly stayed by Jacen's side, trying her best to keep her friend from over heating. A cool cloth had been brought to her and she kept it on his forehead, the fan turned up to keep him cool...but when he started to over heat again she was quick to call for Colby. Neither of them had appetites that night, both too worried about the Vanilite boy who was sick.

It also meant neither were aware of the absence of the other two members of the house. By this point the sun had set, and the moon was a slight crescent, stars sprinkled across the sky..and Briar was cold! There was a shift from her, and she drew her tail closer trying to warm up all while burrowing into the warmth she was assuming was Draven. Why was she so cold!?

Jacen's fever had gone down late in the night, and at last, the vanilite boy was able to fall into a fitful sleep. He would cough in his sleep, subconciously turning onto his side to achieve better air flow. He too, was oblivious to their missing Pokemon. If he had thought about it, he would have wondered. He was used to Draven coming in and talking to him, until he fell asleep.

Draven was shivering. He wrapped his arms around what he thought was Briar and snuggled her. Why was it so cold? He couldn't remember ever feeling so cold, even when they had first run away. He slowly opened his eyes, blinking the sleep out of them. He immediately jerked back from Briar, eyes widening.

Molly was sleeping fitfully, a feeling of dread in her stomach. Though that might've been the start of hunger for all she knew. Still she tossed and turned, fingers reaching out to touch Jacen time and again to keep watch over him in the only way she could, unaware that Colby was near by also watching.

The arms wrapping around her were familiar and she snuggled closer a content sigh from her as she did trying to fall back into a deeper sleep. It was those arms letting go, of Draven suddenly not being there that made her blink and sit up a yawn coming from her. "Draven? What's wrong?" her eyes were still mostly closed though she blinked again they finally opening....and widening. "Y...you're not Draven!" she was frightened! Who was this boy?! Why did he look sort of familiar?

"You're not Briar!" Was Draven's immediate response. Who was this little girl? She looked about Molly's age, maybe a bit younger. He backed away from her further. "What did you do to Briar?" He demanded. "If you don't answer--I'll... I'll use hyperbeam!" He hated threatening this girl, but she'd done something to Briar. Where was his pacirisu?

Jacen stirred. "Papa?" He asked, looking around for Colby. His eyes settled on his father, and relief spread over Jacen's features. "Papa, water?"

That stopped her short. She wasn't Briar? And how did he know her name? Her arms wrapped around her tail and held it to herself securely, looking at the boy even as he threatened her. Hyperbeam...that would hurt. A lot. Well her own moves weren't great but she shifted just a little, her eyes going oh so wide and looking wet a soft sniffle given. "You'd hurt me? But...I haven't done anything to you. I'm just trying to find my friend...and figure out what's going on here." she hoped Charm would work at least a little. Still she sniffled and closed her eyes, sort of hunching and cringing in preparation for hyperbeam to hit. She'd seen Draven do it enough times to Butch to know it would hit. Hard. "Draven will find me..and save me...he always does..." words whispered aloud to calm herself even as she cowered.

Colby heard Jacen's words and he shifted getting the cup of water and held it out to him, Molly having finally fallen into a deep exhausted sleep moments before. "I'm here son. How do you feel?"

Draven was charmed easily: not because of the strength of the move, but because he already harbored feelings for Briar. "I want Briar," he said, attempting to shake off the move. "Where is she? You must know. You've taken her place! ...I'm Draven!" He frowned at her. "I've never seen you before."

Jacen took the water and sipped at it. "Just thirsty, papa. Thank you for taking care of me." He glanced around, and noticed Molly. He frowned. "Papa, you and Molly should go to bed. Its late."

She was more than a little relieved that the boy wasn't going to attack her really. Though she blinked and took another step back, tresses flying as she shook her head sharply. "No...no Draven's a big dragonite...and I'm Briar!" she stomped her foot lightly, looking confused. "What...happened to me? I look...like Jacen!"

"Molly is asleep she can stay there, if I move her she'll wake up. I'm fine. I know it's late but I don't feel like sleeping yet. I want to make sure you're okay. You're still a little on the warm side."

"I am a big dragonite!" Draven protested, starting to get angry. "You're a liar. Briar would have recognized me! She loves me, she said so." This fake Briar irritated him. "I don't know," he snapped. "Why don't you go ask your Draven, since he isn't me!"

Jacen studied Colby for a long moment, before reaching out his hand to grasp his father's. "I'll be okay. I know I will be. I have you and Molly taking care of me." He smiled. "I love you, Papa."

"You are not! You're a little boy who...for some reason has dragonite bits." though of course she went still, eyes widening. How did this boy know she loved Draven!? No one knew that but her! "Fine, I will! I'll go find my Draven! He never would be this mean to me!" and with that she turned on her heel and stomped away from the infuriating dragonite boy, sniffling sharply. That boy was so mean! "Draaaveeen....where are you? Draaaaveeen?!" she called out to him with concern. It was so dark out here she couldn't see anything easily. The kitchen light had been turned off so that wasn't even a beacon in the night. As she walked she tripped on a tree root, and down she went with a cry of pain, looking down at her hand and knee which now stung, and felt wet. She sat there unmoving, tail wrapping around herself again and she hugged it tightly. "Oh Draven...where are you..." the words were soft and scared.

Colby took that hand and squeezed it gently, a smile on his face. "Molly hasn't left your side in hours. She's as worried about you as I am and I think she's trying to repay you for taking such good care of her when you were sick." Colby shifted and pressed a kiss to the boys forehead. "I love you too Jacen. You should try getting some more sleep, you need it to keep up your strength."

Draven walked off in the opposite direction, grumbling to himself. Briar, his Briar, would have known him. She wouldn't treat him like a stranger. She wouldn't have been so sensitive or cold towards him. Had he really been mean to her? He wanted to find Briar: and that girl kept insisting she was Briar. Ugh! He paused when he heard a cry of pain, and headed towards her. He scooped her up and onto her feet. "If your Draven is like me, I know he wouldn't want you to get hurt," he said. "I hope you find him." He walked towards the house. Maybe Colby knew where she was.

Jacen nodded, setting the glass down on his bedside table. He wrapped himself in his blankets and yawned. "Night, papa. I promise... I'll always take care of Molly."

There was a gasp of surprise as she was lifted up to her feet, and all she could think was 'Aime found me!' and she trembled a moment eyes going wide. Realizing it was the boy though she let out a relieved sigh. "Oh good...you're not Aime and Butch..." the words murmured softly. "My Draven was inside when I came outside....maybe he's still inside." it was all she could think of.

"I know you will son, you're a good boy." of course he was! He brushed his hand through the child's hair, and bent to press a kiss to his daughters temple, covering her with blankets better before he stepped from the room, door pulled partially shut. Taking a deep breath he looked around realizing in that moment he hadn't seen the dragonite and pachirisu for awhile.

"Maybe. I came outside when my Briar fell asleep. I didn't see any other dragonites though." he shrugged. He wasn't sure where his Briar was, and he wondered if this Briar's Draven felt the same way. He felt lost. And cold. "Maybe my Briar woke up and went inside..." he opened the door, making his way inside. It was much warmer in here!
forbyddyn: Colby's attention was caught by the voices he could hear, and this worried him. Why were there strange voices in his house? "Dragonite? Pachirisu?" he called out curiously moving away from the bedroom door and towards the sound of the voices. Briar followed along behind Draven, limping a little, her knee really hurt! Colby came to a stop when he saw the two kids standing there and he blinked a moment. "Well now..." he sounded surprised...but not as much as he could have been having recently gone through this with Jacen.

"Dragonite? Pachirisu is that you?" there was a nod from Briar. "Uh-huh...it's me....well except my name is Briar....not Pachirisu like you kept calling me..."

Draven hurried to Colby and threw his arms around the man's waist. "I can't find her," he said. "She fell asleep and I went to find out why. I found something shiny... I wanted to give it to you. But then I fell asleep and the shiny thing is gone... And Briar's gone too!" The dragonite boy gave a sniffle, still clinging to the man. "She says I'm not her Draven but I am and I'm cold and -- help me find her?"

Colby blinked at the boy hugging him and he rested a hand on his head lightly looking between the two. "Draven...and Briar...alright..." words spoken slowly. "I'll help you find her. First lets get you both some clothes...and you look hurt. Lets clean you up. Wait here." and Colby moved into Molly's room and picked out a dress that would be easy on the girl...and then from Jacen's room found some clothes as well, he also grabbed blankets from the linen closet, and off he went to the bathroom for bandaids and such and came back. "Here...put the clothes on and we'll go from there."

Draven put the clothes on awkwardly. He'd dealt with clothes before, his previous trainer had liked to dress him up. Once she had dressed him as a baby, bonnet and all. She had only removed it when Draven had refused to leave the house in the outfit. Still, he wasn't used to dressing himself. By the time he was finished his pajamas were. On backwards. They were loose on him, too. It seemed he was a bit thinner than Jacen.

Briar stared at the dress in confusion. She'd been too small for clothes. Bows yes, but not much fit her really. Still she finally got it on, though she fussed with it, getting a smudge of blood on it in her messing with it. Colby saw the pants hanging loosely and couldn't help but be a little amused. "Alright...Draven sit down...and Briar let me patch you up." she sat there and held out her hand, eyes sad. "I ruined the dress. I'm sorry." "No it's okay. It was an accident." he carefully cleaned her hand up, though she jerked it away tears welling up. "Ouch! That hurts!" "Sorry. Your knee will sting too." There was a soft whimper. "Please don't hurt me!" that phrase...it was a common one Briar had spoken to Butch! Her tail wrapped around her body as tears welled up more. She didn't want to be hurt!

Draven sat down, watching Colby take care of Briar. "Stop whining," he said. "He's trying to help you, not hurt you." Maybe this Briar needed to learn that not all people were like Aime. His trainer had at least been decent to him, even if she had encouraged Briar-abuse so he could be her knight in shining armor. "Are you going to trade us away now?" He asked Colby. "You wanted to trade her before... are you going to trade me?"

Oh...that stung worse than the wound cleaning! Her eyes spilled over, but she sat silently, head bowed and hair covering her face from sight. She didn't pull away again as Colby cleaned her hand and knee and covered them. "No, I won't trade either of you away. You're children now...like Jacen. He found a shiny thing under Molly's bed when she was sick...and he changed from a Vanillite to how he is now...and I suspect you both found a shiny something and changed. You said you did anyhow Draven. Did you Briar?" there was a silent nod of her head from her, not looking up. "The only reason I'd planned on trading her away is I thought she'd be too dangerous for Molly...and I was right to a point, but you kept things from ending up worse for either of them. No, you're both welcome to stay here. Though you'll have to continue sharing a room I'm afraid. I'll get a second bed though." he gave Draven a kind smile. "This is your Briar here. You already found her."

"She's not my Briar. She told me so. She said I'm not her Draven..." the dragonite boy seemed confused. "If she's my Briar, why didn't she just say so? I told her I was Draven and I helped her even!" He gave a sniffle, shaking his head. "She said her Draven would never be mean to her."

"Well lets see...how likely is it there are two dragonite's and two pachirisu's in the same place, at the same time...and that each of you is looking for someone with the same name as the pokemon you were looking for?" He gave a gentle smile. "Something tells me you were both a little confused and scared. I'm not sure how to prove it to the two of you however." unfortunately.

Draven hesitated. He smiled then, realizing it had all been a mistake. So this Briar was his Briar! He flashed her a small smile, and then smiled at Colby. "You're right!" He said. "She must be my Briar!"

The smile given to her was unseen, she was still sitting there silently with her head bowed as she listened to them speaking, arms hugging her tail tightly to comfort herself. Her fingers stroked over her tail lightly, but her mind was racing. This was her Draven? He...wasn't so nice it seemed....not like when they were pokemon! Maybe it was just from being scared and confused...but he'd threatened to hurt her...then told her to be quiet...and her Draven had never acted like that. But...maybe now that they were people...he had changed a little. Finally though she spoke in a soft voice. "Only Briar I know of around here....I'm sorry I'm not the right Briar though." that's how it felt! That she suddenly was every bit as not good enough for Draven as she'd always privately felt she wasn't. It made something in her chest hurt. Colby, was oblivious to this. "Draven so you know your pajamas are on backwards...and Briar let me go get you one of Molly's nightgowns. I imagine you two are tired and would like to sleep."

"You're the right Briar," Draven said when Colby left the room, frowning at her. "I was just startled and you said I wasn't your Draven and I wanted to know where you were. I love you." He smiled slightly, pulling her into a hug. "I'm sorry I scared you with how I look."

Briar stayed stiff for a few heartbeats before she went limp against him and curled up close to him hugging him tightly with a soft sniffle. "I didn't know you were my Draven...it didn't look like you...and then you said you'd hyperbeam me...and..." she hugged him tightly. "How you look doesn't scare me. I just didn't expect it." she finally lifted her head to look up at him, uncertainty clear in her eyes. "I....I love you too...have for a long time...I just never knew how to tell you...I know you've told me enough...but I thought it was just because it's what they wanted....but coming here...and you still saying it....it made me realize you feel that way...not someone else is telling you to feel that way. I should have told you sooner, I'm sorry..."

Draven nodded in understanding. "I'm sorry I threatened you," he said. "I was scared. I thought I had lost you. I didn't know you were my Briar." He hesitated, and nuzzled her. "I wished to always be able to protect you and be with you."

"I'd never leave you Draven. I'd be lonely without you." she blushed some at his words and hugged him tightly. "I wished I wasn't so small and could be a bigger help...and now look! We're about the same size now!" she beamed at him brightly. Though suddenly she frowned. What if it was her fault he was so different than he was used to!?

"I'd be lonely too," he said. "I'm sorry I was mean to you, Briar," he said, kissing her cheek. "It'll never happen again. I love you. ...What do you think Colby is to us now? Is he still our trainer?"

Colby was taking an awfully long time coming back she thought. Maybe he'd lied and was getting rid of them!? No, he was checking on Molly and Jacen, and getting Briar pajama's, using the bathroom...small things he'd been putting off for awhile. Briar shifted and leaned against Draven more, a soft yawn from her. She was still sleepy! "It's okay...you were scared too. ...and I don't know...I mean...Jacen calls him papa...like Molly...and Molly was his trainer...its sort of weird...I guess we ask? I dunno."

Draven was getting concerned too. What was taking Colby so long? Maybe Colby would be their papa, like Jacen? Or would they still be his Pokemon? "Let's ask him, okay? Maybe he'll want us as his too!"

Colby came back out about then with a long night shirt for Briar. "Here why don't you go put this on. I was checking on Molly and Jacen while I was there, sorry about that." he gave them a tired smile. It had been a long day honestly. He'd caught the end of the conversation and gave a smile. "Of course I want you two as mine. So you'll call me papa like Molly and Jacen do, alright? Now, if you two want I'll make you a snack then you need to go to bed. It's late."

Draven beamed, climbing into Colby's lap. "Now I'm the right size for this!" He exclaimed. He gave Colby a bright smile. "I'll still help with Molly, but I don't know if I can still pick her up. That's okay, right?"

forbyddyn: Colby gave a laugh and gently ruffled Draven's hair. "That's fine if you can't pick her up. I think she'll be thrilled to know she has another brother and now a sister." Briar smiled and took the shirt and went to change into it, coming back after a few moments, and leaning against the couch with a soft yawn not bothering Draven and Co
lby.  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:26 pm
Draven had never been abandoned before. He had never been unwanted before. At last, he felt a stinging loyalty to his former trainer. How was she, without him? Was she lonely? Who was battling Butch for her? He should never have left. It had brought him to ruin. Colby had no longer wanted him--or Jacen for that matter, as soon as the vanilite had recovered. He had wondered at that. The man had seemed so careful and loving before. Perhaps Jacen's illness had broken something in him.

What ever the cause, Draven had been sent away, and away he went. He had flown through the chilly forest and towards the lake, only pausing to rest at a small cabin. That was where his fate changed. He had figured that after Colby, he would be alone.

When a short man with curly hair opened the door and greeted the dragonite with a bright smile, Draven was alarmed. "Why hello, dragonite," the man greeted him. "Are you here to see Claret?"

Claret, who was that? "Drag no?"

"I thought so," Rhiyn replied jovially. "Come on in, then. She's looking for her mother. Maybe you can tell her if you've seen her." He opened the cabin door for the dragonite. "You don't have to stay long if you don't want to," he added, "but you look cold. Are you hungry?"

That got the dragonite's attention. He was starved! He couldn't remember the last time he had eaten. He walked into the cabin and gazed around. It was much smaller than Colby's house, and Rhiyn was obviously a great deal younger. "Drag no!"  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:46 am
Front page updated!

To do -
Insert family
Rhiyn, Claret, Draven stuff  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:45 pm
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?page=1&t=24085289#359547271  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:21 am
Insert solo: Draven Frets  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:54 pm
Lirilei
Reunited
(Briar and Draven find one another again)

Briar had taken off running, and as she entered the forest she immediately tripped and fell...and stumbled into the lake it's self. She surfaced with a yelp, shivering as she got out! That water was COLD! Looking like a drowned rat...or well squirrel...she began to wander along the edge of the lake, arms wrapped around herself rubbing her arms to warm them. She was so cold... Maybe if she warmed up a little she could keep walking! So she hunkered down somewhere tail wrapping over herself to start warming up...as much as she could with a cold wet tail around herself!

Draven had swooped down to aid the poor soul in the lake only to find that there wasn't a drowning victim. It was a -- well. A girl, wandering the lake. "Are you cold?" He ventured. "My trainer has a fire going in our cabin. Its a little cramped, but I can get you something warm to drink--" he hesitated. That girl looked familar. "Briar?"

Briar had looked up at the voice suddenly talking, and her eyes widened as she jumped to her feet, eyes bright and wet. "Draven! It's you! Oh Draven!" she ran to the Dragonite and wrapped her arms around him tightly and hugged him. "I've been looking for you for a long time now!"

"And its you!" Draven exclaimed, wrapping his arms around Briar. "You've changed!" He observed, studying her. "Closer to my size now!" He nuzzled her. "And just as beautiful."

"It is me!" she hugged him as tightly as she could, beaming at him. "Just the other day I changed! It's so weird looking like this really." it was! She blushed though at being called beautiful. "I missed you so much Draven! I was worried I'd never see you again!"

"I missed you too!" He exclaimed. He scooped her up. "Let's get you somewhere warm. You'll like my trainer! He's nice." He carried her, carefully, to the cabin. "I looked for you too. I knew you wouldnt abandon me!"

She giggled as she was picked up and leaned her head against his chest. "I didn't no. There was a car accident that day and..." her voice broke, eyes filling with tears. "Oh Draven! Molly and Colby are dead! I saw that just before I blacked out from my pain and injuries."

Draven froze. If he hadn't talked to Noble, he would have believed her. "you're wrong," he said gently. "A friend told me they're okay. At the hospital. You must have been very scared. Jacen is okay too."

Briar blinked in surprise. "Really? They're alive? Jacen's okay? You're sure?" she sagged in relief, a sigh coming from her. "I was so scared...the car tumbled over and over....the windows broke..there was fire..." she shuddered.

"I'm sure. My friend told me. He was helping me look for you." Draven cradled her in his arms. "Even that pesky mew was helping. She said she was good at finding people. But I found you!" The dragonite beamed. "And now you're safe."

"Pesky Mew...Tania? She told me how to find you! Then I fell in the lake trying to find you." she gave a soft laugh as she hugged him again. "The last few weeks have been terrifying for me...and lonely. I didn't think I'd ever see you again."

"She's pesky," Draven grumbled. "Always floating around trying to scare me. She seemed sad when she first came here. I liked her better when she was sad." He felt bad admitting that, though. He returned the hug. "They've been lonely for me too. Let's never be seperated like that again."

"Sad? Being sad isn't good." no, not good at all! "You said you have a new trainer?" she was curious really. There was a nod of her head though. "I agree, lets never be separated again!" it was too scary and lonely.

"His name's Rhiyn. He's older than our first trainers, but only by a little. He said he graduated school in May and his parents gave him this cabin to see if he could make it on his own. He has another Pokemon too! Her name is Claret, she's a heatmor." Draven explained as he wrapped a blanket around Briar. "You're freezing," he fretted

"Oh I see. I'm glad you've had somewhere safe to stay Draven." oh was she ever! His reminder of being cold made her shiver again. "I sort of fell into the lake. I'm honestly freezing." she tilted her head up at him. "You said there wasn't a lot of room. I don't want to be in the way there Draven. Maybe I can find somewhere close to stay." words murmured quietly.

Draven shook his head firmly. "There's no where else for you to stay," he said, "because I won't let you leave. I'll block all the exits so you can't." He carried her to the couch and laid her down carefully. "You'll stay here. Rhiyn will love you. I love you." At that moment, Rhiyn stepped into the livingroom, blinking in the light let in from the windows. He seemed to have just woken from a nap: his black hair was tousled from being smushed against a pillow. "What's this? Oh! So you found your friend!" He beamed. "Good work."

Briar was too cold to argue, and she knew Draven would do all he could to keep her there anyhow. She huddled in the blanket that had been wrapped around her, and looked up at Rhiyn a shy smile on her face. He would be the first person she'd dealt with since this change. Other pokemon who had changed sure, but a person? This was new.

"I'm Rhiyn," the teenager addressed Briar with a smile. "You're welcome to stay here as long as you like--you're soaked!" He exclaimed, fretfully. He hurried to his room, and pulled an extra shirt out of his drawers. "Go change into this," he instructed. "I'll get a hairdryer! Jeez, you must be frozen!"

"I...I'm Briar." she smiled up at him again, looking to Draven a moment. "Thank you for taking in Draven. It's nice knowing he's had somewhere to stay." the sudden realization of her being wet and all made her chuckle and she kicked off her sodden shoes and stood up with the shirt in hand. "Uhm...where should I go change?"

"The bathroom," Rhiyn replied immediately. "Go change, I'll help you dry off after. We can talk introductions after you're dry!" He turned to Draven, grumbled something about the dragonite being useless in an emergency: though his tone was affectionate. "There, Draven. You get the futon ready. The one Tania was trying to jump on yesterday!" Draven slipped out of the living room, amused with his trainer's antics. He had never met a human more eager to please.

There was a nod and she moved off to the bathroom shirt clutched in her hand and after a little bit she came back out, the shirt way too big on her of course but for the best. Her wet clothes were in hand as she stood there. "I fell in the lake just before Draven found me." she gave by way of explanation. "Thank you for letting me stay here."

"Of course! You're the girl Draven's told -- everyone so much about! Well, not me directly, you know, can't speak dragonitese or whatever it is," Rhiyn said, grinning as he reached for the hairdryer. He plugged it in, and started to dry Briar's tail. "Falling in the lake at this time of year," he tutted. "You'll be fine," he assured her. "You haven't caught your death." Draven entered the living room, holding out another blanket. "See, I told you he'd like you, Briar. He's nice!"

Briar took the blanket from Draven and hugged it close while her tail was dried. The heat felt really nice! She sniffled some, feeling her nose thaw out. "The water is really cold. So's the air." she rubbed her face in the blanket a moment, yawning some as she did.

"Its almost winter. You'll have a nice warm place here," Rhiyn promised. He started on her hair. "No wonder Draven was so worried about you. You're a real beauty, all dried." He smirked at the dragonite. "You guys get reaquainted. I promised Claret we would look for her mother today."

"Well I didn't always look like this...just recently...I used to be really small..." and she held her hands for a sort of size comparison, though it caused her to drop her blanket as she did. "I hope you find her mom, being alone isn't fun. Though she has you guys which is good." a very good thing! She yawned again, rubbing at her eyes. Going from cold to warm was making her sleepy!

They will," Draven said, picking up Briar's blanket, as Rhiyn left the room. "They've been looking since Rhiyn caught Claret. We haven't had any luck yet. But you can help too, now. After you rest. There's a bed in here," he pointed to the spare room. "It folds up if you don't want it.'

I'll help look too yes. Hopefully we can find her." she moved towards the spare room and found the little bed there and sat on it rubbing her eyes again. "It'll be nice not sleeping in trees or anywhere I can find that seems safe." she hadn't slept well in weeks! "So glad I found you again."

"I'm glad you did too," Draven said. "I love you, Briar. I don't want to be apart, ever again. Not having you is like not having my tail. Or my wings."

"I love you too Draven." she laid down on the futon then and got covered with the blanket, scooting as much as she could and patting the spot next to her. Hopefully he could fit on the futon...though she had a feeling she'd be knocked off if he tried. "Never, ever, again."

Draven carefully sat next to her, running a gentle claw through her hair. "Go to sleep," he muttered. "You need the rest. I'll stay here until you wake up. I'll protect you."

She yawned softly as he sat next to her, a sleepy smile given. "Remind me, to tell you about the scary pokemon I met in the forest who chased me and scared me....and the one that tried to eat me..." she gave a tired laugh as she curled against him.

"I'll remind you," Draven promised. If only so she'd describe them so he could use hyperbeam on those Pokemon. "One tried to eat you?" He growled.

"Mmmhmm...was a big bear...it was grumpy and growled at me and I ran away to where it couldn't find me." there was a sleepy chuckle from her. "That was really scary especially when it chased me telling me I was its dinner and to come back."

Draven gritted his teeth, and nuzzled Briar carefully. "I'll protect you," he promised. "Like I always have."

"Okay Draven." there was a content sigh from her as she drifted closer to sleep. "I want to get stronger too though...I wouldn't have been so scared if I could have protected myself at least a little. So soon, I need to start getting stronger."

Draven stroked Briar's hair. "I'll teach you," he said. "To protect yourself. I'll teach you to use hyperbeam."

There was a nod of her head as she found herself lulled to sleep by Draven stroking her hair and before long the grip she'd had on her blanket loosened and her breathing grew even. This was the most relaxed she'd been in weeks now, so this was nice.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:18 am
Reserved for finished RP with Moose  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:59 pm
Reserved: Growth response!  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:17 am
Reserved  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:59 pm
Lirilei
You're so...small!
(Briar and Draven react to his changes!)

Briar:
Briar had left early, Draven had been sleeping soundly and she'd wanted to go down by the lake for a little bit and swim. So there she was, enjoying the late morning sun, bare toes dangled in the water as she sat on a rock for the moment, though she was thinking it was time to go back inside and warm up maybe.

Draven:
While Draven slept, the dragonite had undergone a transformation that had horrified his trainer. Said trainer was pacing around their small cabin, hands tanged in his black curls as if the grip on his hair was somehow calming him. "A kid? The hell?!" He muttered frantically. He had gone to fetch the dragonite for breakfast, and instead had found a young boy curled up in his place. Rhiyn had no question about it, the boy was certainly his dragonite--and very naked! "I don't know anything about kids!" He fretted, rushing to get an oversized t-shirt for the boy. "Hey! Draven! Wake up!"
Draven slowly rose, blinking at his trainer. Had something gone wrong? Rhiyn's freckles were orange against his pale skin. The dragonite boy was astonished when a t-shirt was thrust in his direction. "What--?" He began, eyes widening at the sound of his voice. "What's going on?" He managed. His trainer snorted. "You've changed. Like your friend. Oh, now you'll have to sleep separately!"

Briar:
Briar came in at the tail end of the whole thing, watching quietly from the doorway at Rhiyn's pacing. What was going on? "Is...everything okay Rhiyn?" Briar's voice was soft, she was still on the wary side, all things considered and it couldn't be helped, not that he deserved the wariness. He was a nice guy!

Draven:
Rhiyn turned to blink at Briar. He had almost forgotten he hadn't seen her in bed this morning. "Er. No thing's wrong," he hastened to reassure her. "Just different. See, Draven's changed. Like you!" He moved aside after helping the dragonite boy pull on the t-shirt. "See?" Draven waved awkwardly. He had noticed how Briar preferred to wear clothes after her change--and he had never truly minded being dressed up, but this felt different. "I must've slept through it," he muttered.

Briar:
Briar peered around Rhiyn curiously, her eyes wide. "Draven must've done that after I went outside. He was still like before, when I got up." she tilted her head at him curiously and gave a smile. "At least you were in a warm bed. I was wedged inside a hole in a tree." she laughed softly and shrugged. This was the better place to change. "Rhiyn...you don't really have the room for everyone here..." her words were soft...worried.

Draven:
"You never told me that,"Draven frowned slightly. That didn't sound at all comfortable! "Did you get hurt?" Rhiyn's expression was troubled, but he reached out a hand to ruffle Briar's hair. "Don't worry about that. Two bedrooms is plenty of room! I'm not planning on getting married or having any other surprises, but you two are always welcome here. My life is rather lonely without you."

Briar:
"A few scratches trying to get out. I'd climbed in there to go to sleep when I got really tired. It was a tight squeeze but I got out of there." She frowned some at Rhiyn again. "There's four of us and two rooms. I don't know how we'll all fit..."

Draven:
"A few scratches?" Draven seemed to think a few scratches was a pretty big deal. "And you didn't tell me?" He studied her carefully. "No more tight squeezes," he decided, stepping forward and wrapping her in a hug. "I'm smaller now," he noted, "but I'm just the right size to hug!" Rhiyn shook his head. "Two rooms, three people and a Pokemon. We can manage. We did when Draven was seven foot tall. We can now. If he promises no funny business, you can even share the bed in there."

Briar:
"Not the first scratches I got while out there." nor the last! She hugged Draven back tightly and smiled. "Still taller than me though." it was true! Briar blinked at Rhiyn a moment. "Funny business?" she was at a loss. What was that? "Okay we won't tell any jokes Rhiyn."

Draven:
"A little," Draven agreed. Well, at least he was taller than Briar! He too, looked at Rhiyn questioningly. The teenager smiled awkwardly. "That's right. No jokes in bed! Its for sleeping only!" Now if only he could keep them so innocent! Thank whatever gods were out there that they hadn't dropped on him in the middle of puberty. He shuddered at the very thought. "So! Who's hungry?"

Briar:
"Okay Rhiyn, no jokes in the bed, just sleeping." maybe quiet presleep whispers as they near drifted. The mention of food made her smile. "I'm a little hungry...bet Draven is too huh?" she wasn't any help in the kitchen however.

Draven:
"Starving!" Draven exclaimed, hurrying to the kitchen. "Hey Briar! Let's make pancakes!" He held up a box of pancake mix. He found that he couldn't read the instructions and frowned. "...what are these lines and wiggly things?" He demanded. Rhiyn grinned. He was so relieved, he didn't bother telling Briar that she could joke before falling to sleep. "Looks like it," he teased. "Come on, you can help mix it."

Briar:
Briar had no idea what the lines and stuff were either, so didn't answer. Merely followed behind them and nodded. "Pancakes sounds good. I'll get the juice from the fridge too." it was one thing she could do. Pour drinks, set the table. "That changing thing can sure make you hungry can't it?" she'd been starving as well after her own change. Then again being too sleepy to eat before she'd fallen asleep hadn't helped.

Draven:
Rhiyn went to study the box, and ruffled Draven's hair playfully. "These are words, silly. Not wiggly things. I'll teach you both to read. Should enroll you in school, too." He wasn't sure he was ready to home school children. He had only graduated that May. "Thanks, Briar," he smiled at her gratefully, "you're a big help." "Sure can!" Draven agreed. He couldn't remember ever feeling this hungry. "I feel I could eat a whole Snorlax!"

Briar:
"School?" Briar had vaguely remembered their very first trainers discussing that place but she didn't understand it then. "What's reading?" she got the juice poured and carefully set the table before she sat down at the table watching Draven and Rhiyn cooking the pancakes. "That's an awful big hunger Draven."

Draven:
"Yeah, school. Its where you learn." Rhiyn thought that was the best way to explain it, in a basic sense. "You make friends and play games. You get snacks and share things--" he paused. He glanced towards the bookshelf in the front room. He was sure he had some old children's books there from when he was little. "I'll show you. Here Draven. First plate is yours!" He cheerfully stacked three pancakes onto a plate and handed it to the boy. "Yeah," Draven agreed, smiling at Briar as he poured syrup onto his pancakes. "But maybe a small snorlax. I'm a lot smaller than I used to be!"

Briar:
Oh okay." Briar gave a nod of her head. She wasn't so sure she liked the sound of this, honestly. Her feet swung back and forth as she took a sip of her juice. "You are a lot smaller, and I'm a lot bigger. So it's all even!" or something.

Draven:
"How many do you want, Briar?" Rhiyn asked, stacking pancakes onto another plate. "Same as Draven?" He offered her the plate. He turned off the stove and grabbed himself an apple. He left the kitchen to study the bookshelf. He grinned, pulling out a book. "Here," he said. "I'll show you what reading is. I'll read you a story while you eat." Draven sat at the table, beaming at Briar. "You're much prettier, too!"

Briar:
"Sure I guess. I don't know if I'll be able to eat it all." she might who knew? She took her plate once it was ready and began to eat slowly, smiling at Draven though she looked slightly worried. "It wasn't mine. I needed clothes though..and found an empty house and took it...and..." she set her food down suddenly losing her appetite. She didn't like stealing!

Draven:
Draven took Briar's hand and gave it a squeeze. "Don't worry. We'll find that house again and apologize. I'm sure they'll understand. They weren't using it and you needed it," he comforted her. "And we can buy you new dresses. Lots of them!"

Briar:
She squeezed his hand with a smile, feeling a little better about things, and nodding, picking her pancake up again to eat it. "That sounds good. I hope they understand."

Draven:
Draven continued to eat, all but ignoring Rhiyn as the man read. His focus was on Briar. He felt it would always be that way. "They will," he promised. "Or I'll hyperbeam them."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:38 pm
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=24154075

Draven meets Aure and goes sledding!

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Trainer Journals

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items