Hatching

"Good morning, how are you today?"

Like a newborn baby he woke, eyes barely able to move past cracking open. Shells lay about him and above him, covering his dark colored hair and adorning his shoulders. He curved himself towards the lights being shining before him and gave a yawn. What was this? Aqua eyes snapped forward as the curvature of a another being came into view, his heart quivering as she came closer. Her lab coat, her smile, her eyes... He'd never seen anything like her before!

"I see you're awake. It's lovely to meet you!"

He peered towards her curiously, her language was foreign, but it made sense. Lovely, to, meet, you. He found himself smiling. Lovely to meet you! It was, it was! ... What was? He tilted his head, uncertain of his own thoughts. What had she said first while he was waking up? Good, morning, how, are, you. How are you? He smiled again.

"Lovely, meet you?" He asked, chuckling. "Not sure how this works yet. Help?"

But, instead of the woman, he found an empty room. Hm. Alone? He stood, naked, and examined himself. This wouldn't do, he was cold, that wasn't good. Wobbly feet moved over the remaining shells and towards the end of the hallway, where other people stood.

"Hey! Hasn't anyone given this poor kid some clothes yet?" One said.

"I thought there was someone back there with him!" Another replied.

"Well, no matter, we have spare." Yet another announced.

He was handed clothes, taught to dress, and asked many questions about himself. He was a boy, he liked junk food, and sleeping. Sleeping was nice, he liked that very much. The people here found him funny, kindly, and gentle, good words, he assumed. He was also given his name, something that made he quickly put to use.

"Hello, I'm Ryan Henry!" He exclaimed at the lunch counter the following day. "And I would like pepperoni pizza today, please!"

(Word count: 329)

Quote:
Point Tallies
*Solo rp: 1 point