Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:55 pm
MoogerMint
MoogerMint
The weather report hadn't lied about the moderately warm temperature they were scheduled to receive this weekend, a welcome advent of a day that was sure to be an adventure. Connie led he and the eager celebi-boy Brenny toward the water's edge carrying a large lunchbox of assorted food items and a rolled up blanket. Within the folds of the blanket held the fishing rods they were to use to attempt to catch Brenny a pet of a magikarp. The lunchbox carried an array of items Connie wasn't sure they'd even use half of, including sandwiches, grapes, juice boxes, an orange, berries, nuts... and some partially-stale bread that he wanted to try using to catch a magikarp before resorting to the actual rods. There was a lot of space they could use to set up, so the teen offered to let the celebi pick the perfect spot, "Where should we set up camp?"

Thaliawen
"There!" Brenny pointed towards the edge of the lake. "We're sure to catch one there!" He ran over to the edge and sat, pulling his shoes and socks off. "Look Daddy, I know we'll catch one! Come on!" He beamed, hurrying back to Connie's side. He took the blanket and picnic basket from him and started spreading things out on the water's edge. "It'll be fun!"

MoogerMint
Connie almost tsked at Brenny for his quick removal of his shoes and socks once they arrived, but was too entertained by it to do so properly, "You probably should have waited until the blanket was... ah nevermind." Snickering, he shook his head in amusement before following suit. "Careful with those!" he called as Brenny took the picnic sets and began laying it all out himself. The teen paused to admire the child's handiwork and whistled, "I'm impressed; good job! Well now that that's out of the way, we can carry on getting that magikarp sooner than later!" If Brenny was so sure that they would catch one, Connie wasn't going to doubt it. After all, he always believed one made their own luck, and with how much attention Brenny was pouring over the day, he wasn't about to doubt it, "Where to start, then? Want to try to see if the bread works?"

Thaliawen
"Let's see if the bread works, let's see if the bread works!" Brenny agreed, pulling out a piece of semi stale bread from the sack. "But if it doesn't work, daddy, don't worry. I brought cookies too! And maybe fish like cookies!" He hoped they did. He had a cookie in his pocket so he could be prepared, if a fish came up and refused the bread. "Are you ready, Daddy?" he asked. He broke the bread in several pieces before tossing his piece into the water. He watched hopefully. Maybe one would come up!

MoogerMint
Connie wasn't so sure cookies would be very helpful, considering all the sugar content tended to be kind of bad for any living creature, but again he found that there was no use in ruling it out unless proven. He was fairly certain koi liked bread crumbs, and he knew that the ducks that visited the lake did as well, but magikarp? He hoped they were so predictable, because he didn't want to have to use a living worm to do the job... maybe they liked sandwiches? "We'll find out what they like to eat eventually, I'm sure of it," he laughed, "I'm ready whenever you are!" He walked slowly over to where Brenny was standing, trying to be careful not to scare any fish away with his larger bulk, watching eagerly. He'd never done this before, and it was actually quite exciting, he had to admit!

Thaliawen
Brenny sat again, sticking his legs in the water. He watched the bread crumbs intently, but nothing happened. For a long while, he sat there--and replaced the breadcrumbs whenever he felt they got too soggy. "Daddy, they're not coming," he complained, after a half an hour had passed. "And I'm hungry. Do you want to have our lunch now?"

MoogerMint
All the waiting had certainly cramped up the teen's muscles, attempting to stand stationary for so long. When Brenny's voice broke the silence with his dismay, Connie took the opportunity to stand upright once more and stretch out the muscles in his shoulders. Well that was kind of a let-down... "Yeah, maybe the bread was a little too stale... or maybe they don't actually like it after all," he huffed slightly. "We can eat, but not too much of it. This has to last all day, so that we can stay out here for as long as possible!" the tauros interjected with a nod, "And who knows? Maybe magikarp like something else we brought, too."

Thaliawen
Brenny took out a sandwich and began to eat it. "Here, Daddy," he said, offering the teen the basket. "You get your lunch out now. But don't eat too much. I think we packed enough for all day, though!" He was sure of it. He pulled out the cookie from his pocket and set it on his lap. He would use that in attempt to catch a magikarp next, after he finished his sandwich.

MoogerMint
Connie chuckled at Brenny's behavior with the food, as though he were acting more adult than his little body truly was. "Alright, I will try. You might have to keep an eye on me and make sure I behave myself, though," he teased, gripping onto the offered basket. Digging through the stuffed contents, he pulled out the orange and held it up for Brenny to see, "You let me know when you want to eat this, if you do. We can split it in half." He then placed the spherical produce back and snatched up a sandwich of his own, intent on only eating half of it. "So what's the next idea?" he asked before taking a bite, setting himself down on the blanket across from the boy.

Thaliawen
"I brought a cookie," Brenny held it up for Connie to see. "Maybe magikarp don't like bread, but maybe they like cookies! We can try that after lunch." He paused and looked over to the orange. "I packed two," he said, pointing to the basket. "So we can split that one, and then we have another to split later! So we both get one whole orange!" he beamed. "But not now, Daddy. That's for dessert."

MoogerMint
He was glad to note that it was not a chocolate chip cookie that Brenny was planning on using, for he wasn't sure if chocolate was dangerous to a fish... but almost anything was worth trying once. "It's possible," he mused, wondering if this would cause Brenny to catch a kid of a magikarp himself -- the younger ones were the ones that tended to go crazy over the sweets, at least in the human's world! Connie peered into the basket and spotted the second orange, realizing he wasn't just seeing things, considering he had only planned to pack the one large one; he wasn't sure Brenny could eat an entire one on his own! But it was true, better to be safe than sorry in the end. "That's a good idea. I don't think either one of us should eat a whole orange at once, but splitting two of them twice solves that problem!" he nodded sagely in agreement. However, he was still eager, and his expression showed it, "Almost done with your sandwich?"

Thaliawen
Brenny finished his sandwich and scooted closer to Connie. "It's nice out," he said, going silent only for a moment as he broke the cookie into two pieces. He kept one half on his lap and held out the other half over the water. He paused for a moment, before looking to Connie. "Daddy, you try to catch one too!" he said. He only turned back to the water when there was a splash! And a sudden weight in his lap. A magikarp had come for the cookie--only, the wrong half. Brenny dropped the half that had been in his hand, and wrapped both arms around the magikarp. "Daddy, look!" he cried. "I caught one!"

MoogerMint
"It is, I'm glad it's not too exceptionally warm out, too!" Connie agreed. Neither one of them were likely to get sunburned if they were out in this weather all day, as long as they were a bit mindful of it. Perking at the thought of trying to coax a magikarp out with something else, Connie reached his hands back into the picnic basket to search for anything else that may be of some use. As his hand snagged one of the bags, he jolted at the sound of a trademark magikarp move, wrenching his head to see past a stuck shoulder, only to be met with perhaps the most bizarre scene he had ever been witness to. Wide-eyed and speechless, it took the teen a moment to locate his voice, with which be promptly began laughing with, "Are you kidding me? That actually worked!" Taking back his hands from the basket, the tauros scooted closer, "What's its name?" He was asking the magikarp in a roundabout way, but figured Brenny should be the one to say it.

Thaliawen
"Karpi!" Brenny decided, beaming, he was oblivious to the magikarp chanting "Eliot! Eliot!" He beamed at Connie. "See, I told you cookies would work!" he said. "You try, Daddy! There are more cookies in the basket. I made sure we had enough to bring some for as many magikarp as we could catch!"

MoogerMint
Connie snickered at Brenny's quick response, seeing that the celebi was already intent on the nickname. He caught both that were voiced, however, so was not oblivious to the magikarp's true name. He waved his fingers at the aquatic pokemon in Brenny's arms in greeting, "Hi, I'm Conrad, but I tend to prefer Connie. It seems Brenny likes to call you Karpi; I hope that's alright with you, Eliot?" He liked the nickname, but he didn't want to use it if Eliot did not appreciate it -- he was a sentient being, after all. "Sorry for the intrusion, but... ah," well... now that they caught themselves a magikarp, Connie was finding it difficult to explain their motives to the fish, and glanced to Brenny for some help before even attempting to net himself any further of Eliot's brethren.

Thaliawen
"Hi Connie, I'm Eliot!" was the eager response. The magikarp paused, seemingly thinking. "I don't mind," he said. "Do you have any more of those things? I want more!" Brenny gave a giggle, looking to Connie for help. With both hands wrapped around his newest friend, he was unable to get another cookie from the picnic basket. "We have more," he promised. "You're going to be our baby!" he said. "So you're part of our family now."

MoogerMint
The tauros was relieved to find the magikarp taking everything so well, and he flashed a grin in response to the feeling. He knew that some pokemon would not much appreciate being taken from their home like this, out of the blue, and given a new one... but more domestic pokemon may have an easier time of adjusting. It seemed Eliot... or Karpi, was very adaptive, in this respect. Stroke of luck, especially as far as Brenny was concerned! "Sure thing, I'll go get you another. Brenny, don't squeeze too tightly!" Connie offered with a snicker, sliding the picnic basket over and retrieving another cookie from its maw, tucking it near Karpi's nose so he could easily snatch it up, "It's good to meet you!"

Thaliawen
Karpi took the cookie in his mouth and seemed to swallow it whole. Brenny giggled at the sight. "Daddy, Karpi likes us!" he exclaimed, loosening his hold on Eliot. "Karpi, we're going to take you to our home, and Daddy's going to try and catch one of your friends, okay? So you won't be lonely. Don't worry, I'll take good care of you!"

MoogerMint
Connie tried to hold back a snicker at the sight as well, forgetting that magikarp probably didn't have any teeth to chew a cookie with. The least he could have done was break it up for the poor guy a little! But he seemed eager enough to devour the sweet not to seem to care if he had to swallow it in one big gulp. He glanced at Brenny and snickered, "We can't bring him home, remember? There's nowhere to put him! Brenny, we're going to have to leave him here... but we're going to visit every day, right? Because that's what friends -- or family... that's the least we could do." He didn't like saying that, but... Connie really didn't have anywhere to put Karpi that would be feasible for someone that had to subsist on a constant source of water. As an added thought, he winked, "And bring a cookie a day?"

Thaliawen
Brenny's lip quavered. "No, Daddy," he said, shaking his head. "We can't leave him! He'll be lonely, or sad, or hungry, and he'll be alone!" He tightened his hold on Karpi. "I love him, Daddy," he continued to protest. "Can't we take him home? He needs us..." The magikarp pressed his fin to Brenny's hand. "I'll be alright," he assured him. "You can come visit me. Everyday."

MoogerMint
As much as he wanted to say otherwise, Connie just could not see any way what Brenny was asking for could work, not with the current living arrangements. "Brenny, we've already been through this..." he sighed; he hated to see the celebi upset, but there was nothing he could do to change it, "There's nowhere he could stay in that dinky apartment. There's not a fishbowl big enough that we could get our hands on, and we can't use the bath tub." Honestly, he had no idea how the people who smuggled crocodiles illegally into their own homes could deal with it... they must have reeked with their inability to shower! "Karpi's lived here his whole life, he knows how to handle himself," he stated with a small smile, relieved when the magikarp helped to ease the boy's sadness, "Yes, every day, that's a promise."

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:27 pm
Lirilei
Mei Meets Eliot or Eliot To The Rescue!

Mei hadn't been to the pond with Brenny and Connie before. The idea of it honestly scared her a little. The water was deep and she was small. So the fact she was going there now well it was probably the one thing in the world that really scared her all things considered.

There was still issues going on with the shoes she was trying to master wearing. She slipped and tripped and fell. A lot. Getting to the pond was no different, her hands were scraped up from multiple falls. At the pond edge she knelt to rinse the dirt off and stood up...

Only to immediately lose her balance and go toppling into the water with a startled yelp, thrashing ineffectively. She didn't know how to swim!

Immediately after Mei began to thrash something pressed against her, keeping her afloat. "Its okay," came a voice from under the water. "Don't struggle, I've got you." It was the magikarp Brenny had told Mei about. "Its okay," it said again, pushing the girl to the shore gently. "My name is Eliot," the magikarp said, finally sticking its head out of the water. "Did you bring me a cookie?"

Her head broke the surface and she gasped, coughing up some water she'd swallowed and rolled onto the bank coughing more trying to catch her breath and not realizing one of the shoes she'd been wearing had fallen off. "I had some cookies...they're all wet now." they were a snack, but reaching into the pocket of what she was wearing produced a soggy mess. "Thank you for saving me Eliot. I would have drowned..."

The magikarp studied the soggy mess before inhaling it. "Where is Brenny?" He asked."where is Brenny? He can dry you off. He's my friend," and here the magikarp splashed around, seemingly in search of his friend. "Did he bring cookies?"

Well at least the cookies got eaten she thought. "I'll be okay. I'll dry off eventually. It's nice and warm. Brenny is spending time with Connie...his daddy. So it's just me I'm sorry." she frowned some hoping he wasn't too disappointed.

"You are Brenny's friend?" Karpi asked, blinking. "I saved Brenny's friend? This is good! Brenny will be happy!" He was thrilled. He hesitated some, though, as he studied her. "You should learn to swim."

"I am. I live with him actually. I'm Mei." she gave him a smile...though she looked sheepish at his words. "I know. I tried to learn once and it didn't work out so well. Now...I'm kind of scared to try. I was dropped in the water and a wave crashed over me before."

"Oooh. You live with him," the magikarp sounded almost wistful. "I cannot live with him," he said. "There is not enough room for me, his Daddy said. But maybe they will get a bigger home, and there will be room for me."

"I think I'm allowed because I didn't take up much room before...now though..." there was a frown from her and a sigh. "I think I'm going to be in the way and cause Connie to need more money and I don't want to be a problem for them." she sat there looking thoughtful. "Keep wondering if it wouldn't be better if I left..."

"Brenny doesn't seem the type to only want a friend for a little while," Karpi said, expressing his displeasure with the idea as well as he could. It was hard, expressing something when his features were so set on one position. "I don't think you should leave," he said. "That would make him very unhappy. If he loves you, you should stay. And he must love you." He didn't think it was possible for Brenny to not-love someone. The celebi boy seemed the type to love everyone--but Mei was special to Brenny, just like he himself was. "And Connie must love you, too. If you left, it would cause them more trouble."

Mei thought Eliot was a wise little magikarp, and gave him a smile as she sat there next to the pond. "You're probably right. Connie seemed unsure about me staying before I changed though....and now..." she frowned. "I'll have to do something to help them out even more than before." she gave a decisive nod...and then realized about that moment her shoe was missing. "Oh no...did one of my shoes sink?" she laid out on the bank trying to peer down into the pond.

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:53 pm
Lirilei
Mei Saves Eliot (Eliot's starfinding)

Mei ran for the pond with a gleeful smile wearing the new bathing suit she'd gotten. It was so cute in her opinion it was a pretty blue color and it had magikarp swimming on it. It was perfect as far as she was concerned! She had a towel and had finally gotten the hand of shoes. She was excited, she was off to see Eliot today and do more swimming. She'd been practicing as much as she could and was excited to show him. "Eeeellliiioooot!" she called out to her friend as she ran up a bag of cookies in hand.

Eliot swam to the edge of the lake to greet Mei. "Mei!" he cried, sticking his face out of the water. "I was hoping to see you today," he said. "I saw something shiny at the bottom of the lake." He'd been hoping to dig it out of the mud, and give it to her. It was almost as pretty as she herself was--but the magikarp didn't mention that. "Do you have something to help me get it out?" he asked hopefully.

"Something shiny? Really? Oooh." she laid down at the edge and tried to look down but couldn't see anything. "OH! I brought you some cookies. I don't have anything but I can maybe find something you can hold in your mouth." she pulled the cookies out and held her hand out to her friend with a bright smile, looking around as she did. "Ohhh..someone left a toy shovel! Maybe that will work..." she waited till he was done before getting to her feet and retrieving the little plastic shovel, holding it handle out to the Magikarp. "Think this will work?"

Karpi took the cookies from Mei, nuzzling her hand as he did so. "Thank you Mei. I like when you visit. It's nice. You should visit more often!" The magikarp paused after finishing with the cookies. He studied the shoven carefully. "If I use my mouth," he said, carefully taking the shovel's handle in his mouth. He hoped he could get the shiny thing out, and give it to Mei. It'd be a special gift. He dove underwater, playfully splashing her as he did so.

"I visit you every day!" she laughed softly and rubbed her hand over his back as he nuzzled her hand. The splashing was met with a giggle and she splashed back before getting to her feet trying to watch what he was doing down there, though the rippling water made it difficult.

Eliot swam to the bottom of the lake, carefully digging at the shiny item he had found. Oh, he hoped Mei would like it. He hoped--oh, it moved! It was coming loose! It hadn't been as buried in mud as he had thought it had been. He could see clearly now what it was; a star! He picked it up with his mouth, allowing the shovel to float to surface, and began to swim upward.

Mei kept watching vigilantly the entire time he worked, able to catch glimpses of him down there trying. When the shovel floated up she wondered if he'd lost his hold on it...especially as he came swimming up as well. He'd have to nudge it to her, unless she got in. Not a bad idea actually. She was here to swim after all!

There was a look of horror on her face as her friend floated belly up and stayed that way like he was dead. Was he dead!? Without hesitating she jumped into the water and swam to him as fast as she could. "Karpi? Eliot!?" carefully she towed him back to the shore and managed to get him out of the water realizing he was alive but very asleep...and that she couldn't leave him in the lake. That meant she'd have to take him home. So she got her towel wet and wrung it out a bit before rolling Eliot onto it and wrapping it around him, hefting him up into her arms and starting home. "It's okay Eliot...we'll be home soon and Brenny can help me with you till Connie gets home."

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:42 pm
The celebi i met recently gave me so much more than a nickname. He made me part of his family. He comes to visit once a day. I know he promised to do so, but I didn't expect him to keep it. Rain or shine, he comes. He talks to me and brings me cookies. I worry when he comes out in the rain. Mostly because he's not a magikarp. He shouldn't be out in such weather.

On those days, Connie tends not to be with him; and though Brenny claims that he is at work I suspect he sneaks out during storms to see me.

He shouldnt be doing that either. Its dangerous! And though I now know how important his word is to him, I fear it will eventually get him in trouble. I'm not talking about being made to stand in a corner. He could get hurt! I worry that he thinks more about others happiness than his own safety.

He told me he used to be a pokemon: and that Connie was one too. I think Brenny must be young even by pokemon standards. He's so energetic and excited about life. He seems like he's never faced trials but I know differently. He told me about his sister. And how they used to live in the forest together; that they were separated from each other. He told me they reunited at the beach recently but when I asked what happened, he began to drip from his eyes. I didn't press it. I don't think that meeting went well. He has avoided the subject of his sister ever since, unless to state that Mei is his sister.

Speaking of Mei, I've never met a more beautiful pokemon. I know I could never end up with her though, because of what I am. I'm a magikarp, and she has to live on land. I think I love her.  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:13 pm
Growth form
Name: Eliot

Stage: Child

Pokemon Breed: Magikarp

Hair Style: Longish, about chin length, falling into his eyes. Red (magikarp orange!) head.

Eyes: Same as in pokemon form <333

Attitude/Nature: Eager!

Clothing Style: http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y206/lirilei/111JW Ideas/EliotKid.jpg~original Don't feel limited with this, Orphy. Have fun and do what you like with it!

Pokemon Features: Whiskers, head fin (crown), webbed fingers / toes. If there's anything you especially want to add to him, have at it! : ) I trust you.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:25 pm
Lirilei
Eliot Wakes Up
(What happens when the pokemon turned boy that likes you wakes up in your arms?)

Sure, the apartment her and Connie and Brenny lived in wasn't far, but it was far enough when she was carrying Eliot in a towel while he was sound asleep. The Magikarp was some dead weight and while she was strong, she'd had to stop more than once to rest her arms a little, and adjust her grip on the towel. As she was walking she realized he seemed to be getting heavier....was he falling into a deeper sleep?!

"Nnn..." the magikarp began to stir in his sleep. The towel fell off of his face, and he opened an eye. "...Mei?" he asked, wide eyed. "...What're we doing here? Where's my lake? ..." he felt strange. What was it? He couldn't pinpoint it. "Why're you carrying me? Are you taking me to see Brenny?"

Oh good he was waking up! She looked down in relief at him..only to blink in utter shock. "E...Eliot?" she blinked at him in utter shock and had to stop walking then, carefully sitting him down. "Uhm yes I was...you floated up to the lake and stayed belly up. So I got you out and was taking you home...but....look at you! You're like me now!" she was oh so wide eyed, a surprised look on her face. She hadn't expected this to be why he'd become all floaty.

"Belly up?" Eliot was horrified. Had he died? "Did I get the star to you?" he asked. "It was a present... it's almost as pretty as you..." his head slumped back against her arm. "I'm sorry Mei. I feel strange... Let's get home before anything else happens."..

She saw the horrified look and hugged him. "No you....did you say star?!" Oh look at her eyes widen more if that was possible at this point and she looked stunned. "Eliot! You're like me and Brenny and Connie now, look!" she pointed at his feet then. "Okay home it is. Can you stand?" she stood and held her hands out to him to help him up.

"Like Connie, Brenny and you?" Eliot repeated, eyes widening. He looked down at his feet. He stared. "But... why? I was going to bring you a present... And I lost it." He sighed, moving his legs close to his chest. He wrapped his arms around them. "I don't think I can, Mei," he said, with a shake of his head. "I've never had legs before..."

"It's okay Eliot, I'll carry you and we can teach you how to walk." she smiled brightly and secured the towel tightly around her friend, and carefully lifted him again. "Wrap your arms around my neck if you think you might fall....and it's okay you didn't bring me a present. You're a good present!"

"Teach me to walk?" Eliot echoed, blinking. He allowed himself to be lifted, and wrapped his arms around his friend's neck. "I'm a good present?" he blinked again. "...I suppose. But I wanted to get you something special. Something as shiny as you are. How can I teach you to swim if I'm like this?"

"Uh-huh. With legs you'll have to walk...and you're already a bit taller than me...so carrying you all the time won't be easy." so said she as she carted him with relative ease. More than she should have had! "You are! Brenny might be a little sad...but I think he'll be a little happy too. He went from calling me his pet, to his sister. So I bet you'll be his brother now." she blushed however at his sweet words. "You taught me well Eliot, I jumped in and swam to you, and swam back. I saved you! Now Brenny and I will have to teach you to swim like this."

"Brenny will be sad?" Eliot repeated, frowning slightly. "I don't want him to be sad... Last night, I was watching the stars. I wished I could live with all of you. And then... I found that shiny star under the sand." Was it concidence that this had happened? Or was this a way for the stars to grant his wish? "I want him happy... He wanted me to live with all of you, didn't he? Do you want me to?" The magikarp boy paused, and then beamed. "You did?" he asked, enthusiastically. "You swam to the middle of the lake and back? That's great!"

"A little sad, but he'll be okay. He was okay after a bit when I changed too." she listened to him thoughtfully. "It sounds like you got your wish then Eliot." she had a happy tone to her voice. "He does yes, and I do too!" though she did worry how this would make Connie feel having one more mouth to feed. She'd really have to come up with a way to help! "Yup! I jumped in and swam to you and swam back and here we are." and she was tired'er than she realized after all that. But she was almost there.

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:25 pm
Lirilei
Don’t Boss Me Around!
(Mei gets fed up with Brenny's bossy attitude and is convinced by Eliot to talk to him about it.)

Mei...was frustrated. Exceedingly so. Brenny had been extremely bossy lately and it was becoming....well unbearable though she was doing her best to bear it. Though at the moment she was very much trying to keep her calm...and had walked away from the Celebi boy to keep from snapping at him. She was patient...as a pokemon. But this childs body made it hard on her at times to maintain that patience. She swore it had a mind of it's own!

Eliot had followed Mei, shaking his head. "I don't think he means to be mean," he said. He too, had been bossed around. Brenny loved them, he knew that. But sometimes he wondered if the boy forgot that they were no longer pokemon. "I think someone has to tell him that he can't always have his way," he said. Brenny was young, even by pokemon standards. The boy didn't hide the fact that he had hatched last fall. "And he certainly can't tell you what to do."

Mei gave Eliot a wry smile over her shoulder. "I don't think he means to be mean either...and I've been trying my best not to get upset with him..." she turned fully instead of looking over her shoulder at him, and leaned against the wall next to the window she'd been looking out of. "I guess that someone should be since I am technically the oldest one here currently hm?" a wry smile given. This wasn't exactly a conversation she was looking forward to.

"Yes," Eliot said. "I think you should be. You're the oldest--but that's not the reason why," he said, shaking his head. "You've known him the longest. I think the two of you are close enough that he'll listen to you and want to fix this. I don't think he's aware that he's upsetting you, Mei. If he was, I don't think he'd be doing it."

"I haven't known him that much longer than you...but okay I'll go talk to him." she took a deep breath trying to calm herself down. "I don't like how upset I get...I used to be so patient as a Pokemon... I swear I get upset easier now." a wry look crossed her lips then.

The magikarp boy paused, studying Mei for a moment. "Maybe your emotions are confused," he said. "You've spent some time as a little boy's pets. You've been subjected to his whims and dealt with his emotions. I don't know how to fix that. You'll have to control your own emotions. Remember that you're an adult."

Brenny was playing in the living room with a set of toy cars he'd purchased earlier. "Mei!" he exclaimed when he spotted her. "Want to play with me? You can be this car if you like!" he held up his red car. "Or if you want, you can be the blue one." He hadn't been able to find a green car. That one, of course, would've been his favorite.

Mei shook her head and instead sat down with him and gave him a smile. "No thank you Brenny, but thank you for asking." she was trying to figure out the best way to bring up the subject that needed discussed. How to phrase things so she didn't upset of confuse him in the long run.

"Okay," Brenny agreed with a small smile. He set the cars down on the coffee table and turned to face her. "What do you want to do?" he asked. "Want to play tag? But it's kind of cloudy and I think it might rain..." he looked out the window, sighing. "We can play something else, if you want. Want to play house? Eliot can be our baby."

Well so far so good...he wasn't being bossy which was a change from lately. Though Mei shook her head. "Not right now. Actually Brenny, I need to talk to you a little. You know how earlier you got upset because I didn't want to watch that movie with you?"

"Yeah," Brenny frowned at her slightly. "I don't know why you wouldn't. I think you'd like it." She was his little sister now, it was his job to take care of her, and by extension, find things he thought she might like. Things that would make her happy. He couldn't pick her up and carry her around now, she was too heavy. He wished he could, though. That would've made things easier.

"Because you didn't ask me if I wanted to watch it Brenny. You said I was going to watch it. You were forcing me to do something without finding out if it was what I wanted to do. If you had asked me politely 'Mei do you want to watch this with me?' or even 'Hey! Can we watch a movie together?' not your 'Sit down you're going to watch this now!' that you did my answer would have been different. It's not nice to boss people around."

Brenny crossed his arms. He looked away from Mei. "I just thought you'd like it," he said. "But you got all mad about it and I didn't know why. I don't think I was being too bossy." Maybe a little. He was still adjusting to Mei's sudden change. It had been so much easier when she'd been a pokemon. He was quiet for a long moment, before saying, "I'm sorry I bossed you, Mei. I just thought you'd like it."

"I might have. I've enjoyed other things you've had me watch with you. But you demand, not ask. You want to have it your way, continually." she smiled gently. "You forget, I'm not a pokemon anymore, and despite being in a childs body I am still older than you."

Though Brenny would never have said it, he thought Mei had been much more fun as a pokemon. He didn't want to hurt her feelings, though, so he forced a smile. "Right," he said. "Habit, I guess. I'm sorry I've been bossy. You don't have to do anything you don't want to."

Mei could see he wasn't happy, and shifted to hug him a soft smile given. "Sorry...I don't mean to upset you any..." she got to her feet with a low sigh. "I'm going to go outside for a little bit." she brushed her hand over his hair and opened the door to step outside and get fresh air. She hated being trapped in this childs body really. And the forced smile on Brenny's face made her stomach twist guiltily.

Brenny followed her outside. He took her hand in his, frowning slightly. "You didn't upset me," he said. "I'm just... upset at myself. I didn't realize the way I was acting upset you. I'm sorry, Mei." It was a lie. He had been acting out ever since Mei had changed. He had lost a pet, and gained a sister. But there were things, Brenny was learning, that you could do with pets, and not with sisters.

She hadn't expected to be followed. She had expected to be alone and she'd planned to just settle in the shade somewhere and meditate. However Brenny grabbing her hand had her turning, and she knelt down hugging him tightly. "I know you've been unhappy since I changed...and more since Eliot changed and came...it's a lot to have happen. You need a pet...a humans pet...not a pokemon...then it can't change on you. If I get you a pet will you be happy again?"

Brenny hesitated, returning the hug. "That's not it," he muttered. "I just--you've--you've changed, Mei. In more ways than the obvious." He ran a hand through her hair. "I know you're not a pet. And I love having you as my sister. My real sister." He paused, blinking at her words. "I don't need one," he said. "Not really. Daddy can't afford another pet."

"I feel confused sometimes Brenny." she hugged him back and sat down with a sigh. "I think one thing...this body does another...or can't do what I want...I guess I'm having a hard time adjusting from being as old as Connie...but in a child's body." it was rough! "I'm sorry I'm different." in so many ways.

Brenny sat down next to Mei. "I never had to deal with that," he admitted. "I was really young when I transformed, so I didn't have to adjust much. It took me some time before my legs would support me for long. Or that's what it felt like. But I think Daddy had to adjust. And I know Eliot did. Maybe you should ask them how to fix it."

"And I'm about Connie's age...so this is really weird for me. I'll have to ask him what it was like for him if he had to adjust...and Eliot...well he's still younger than me...I don't think its been as hard for him. The walking thing yes..but he's good at it now. Just like you."

"I don't think so either," Brenny said, with a shake of his head. "He seems pretty well adjusted. I think he's adoptable. I mean adaptable! Yeah. When I caught him, he didn't mind me calling him Karpi!"

Mei couldn't help but giggle at Eliot being called adoptable. "Eliot's really nice. He's the one that told me I should talk to you instead of keeping quiet about it longer." it had been bugging her for awhile after all. She leaned against Brenny lightly. "I think we'll be okay...just need to work some things out huh?" a light smile given to him. "I forget sometimes you're really young still."

"He's really wise." Brenny said, smiling. "I don't know how he got so wise, when he's lived in a lake all his life, but he is. I'm glad you talked to me, Mei. I wouldn't have known I was upsetting you." He pulled her against him. "Sometimes I forget too," he said. "You know, when I first found you I thought I could take care of you. But you take care of me instead."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:29 am
He's both a fish and a mammal
And I hope he'll never change.
'Cause it's not easy
To find someone who cares.

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:46 am
Painted Moose
Child PD - Meeting with Eliot!

Aatami balanced two buckets on the end of a long branch, and settled them over his shoulders. Today was his day to gather fresh drinking water, which wasn’t fun at all for the little Eevee. He always came out of it worse off than before, with water all over him and bruises…but not today! Today he would fill both of the buckets and make his sister proud.

Mostly, if not entirely, used to the feel of his bare feet on the slick leaves, he passed through the forest towards a lake he hadn’t been to before. If luck was on his side for once, he might even be able to fish!

Eliot had been resting against a tree when he spotted Aatami. He had taken to spending time here when things at home got too much. He had hoped the magikarp in the lake would recognize noms, but they hadn't. He had been able to coax a few to the surface, and those had fled in fear for their lives. He couldn't blame them, really. "Do you need help?" He asked. The eevee boy did look awkward with those buckets over his shoulder.

Aatami jumped and spun around, flinging one bucket clear off the pole and into a nearby bush. He watched it for a second before turning his eyes towards the other….boy near the tree. His heart thumped out an erratic rhythm against his rib cage. “I-I-I didn’t….” Oh jeez, he’d thought he was a goner, for sure!

Taking a deep breath to steady his nerves, Aatami shook his head, then paused. “Oh, no, thank you, but…well…If you wouldn’t mind, you can help me carry them back? They’re empty now, but the buckets will be a lot heavier with water in them.”

Eliot had to snicker, this boy certainly was jumpy, wasn't he? "I wouldn't mind," he said. "My friends in the lake aren't very talkative today." Or maybe he was expecting too much? He did live with Brenny, after all. Maybe the celebi's optimism was rubbing off on him. "My name's Eliot. Sorry I scared you, I was glad to have someone to talk to."

“Your friends?” Were there more kids that looked like him in the lake? He wouldn’t be surprised, given all that Aatami had seen these past few months. “It’s alright, I’m just jumpy.” Aatami gave a hesitant smile, trying to his best to get over the shock. “My name’s Aatami, and I’d be happy to talk to you, since you’re helping me do chores.”

It was the least he could do, really, since Eliot was going to be carrying a bucket of heavy water for him! “Why won’t your friends talk to you?”

"The magikarp," Eliot gestured to the lake. "Before I changed, my brother caught me. He had me stay here until I did, but since then I haven't gotten them to realize its me. They think I'm human." He looked down at himself and grinned. He didn't think he looked much like a human at all. "They think anything with legs is human, I think." He paused and flashed Aatami a smile. "Nice name. If Brenny were here, he'd say having each other's name made us friends. "He's my brother. Do you have any siblings?"

“Oh.” That was so sad. He couldn’t imagine being so close to your friends, but so far all at the same time. “Just give them time. If you keep coming around, and just talk to them I’m sure they’ll come around.” At least, Aatami hoped so.

The Eevee laid his branch to the side, grabbed the bucket he still had and went over to the bush for the one that had escaped, keen on walking on to the lake. “He sounds nice, though, I don’t think just having a name makes friends. You can know someone’s name and not know them at all.” He mused sadly, thinking of the breeder who had abandoned Aatami and his twin. Still, when he got back up, he was smiling. “Yes, I do. Her name is Truffles, and she’s my twin sister. Actually, she’s probably waiting on me to get home…So, would you mind if we got to work?”

Eliot nodded, "That's what I'm hoping for," he said. "Maybe if I brought something they like to eat. That's how Brenny caught me. If I bring something, maybe they'll talk to me and realize I'm one of them." He paused, blinking. He hadn't thought of that, but he figured the eevee was right. As long as he had known Mei, he didn't feel he knew her very well. He always felt as if their relationship was fragile like blown glass. If he said the wrong thing, he wasn't sure what would happen. "I think I've heard about her," he said. "Brenny met her. I hope he was nice." He nodded at the eevee boy and moved towards the lake. "Ready?"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:34 pm
Child

2 Months Time * Done
1 Response to the growths/changes caused by the star they found. *http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?page=2&t=23846319#355487283
4 PDs * http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?page=2&t=23846319#3554873332
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?page=2&t=23846319#359664683
Solo RPs or Journal Entries *
1 Skill Learned (Tackle?)
1 Evolution! (this is NOT must do requirement, if you want your Pokemon to NOT evolve and remain in the form they are in just tell me <3)  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:16 am
Reserved for finished rp : )  
Trainer Journals

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers