Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dragonflight: An Alternative Pern (Old Guild)

Back to Guilds

A B/C Pern Roleplay 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Roleplay, Breedables 

Reply Trine Weyr
{Lesson ORP} Playing with..... Finger Paints? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mortane

Dangerous Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:06 pm
C'rci never so much as opened her eyes letting Fasha flash the image of the Malvren wingleader she had once so fancied in her mind instead. The little crimson in questioned once her task was done merely curled a bit tighter into a ball in her owners lap as happy as C'rci for a chance to sleep.

"Night patrols, clinging upset dragon~" C'rci explained briefly and despite how hard she tried to make her voice sound gruff it still sounded strung out and tired. "Talkitive wingleader." She added cracking one eye half open before letting the lid droop proving she still possessed at least some humor.

If it was possible Bolth was almost as delighted to be spoken to by Zarike as Zarike was to be spoken too. The steely blue practically squirmed with glee lowering his head to put his merrily whirling blue and green eyes on the same level as the candidate-to-be's head and trilled chipperly at him.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:05 pm
This could not stand. No! This would not stand! Trine was having some sort of secret get together of dragons and candidates and HE wasn't there? Everyone knew he was the best! Yet here Devith was having to choose between attending and having to put up with less then perfect hands touching his glorious hide to put PAINT on it of all things! Or remain away and miss out on showing these candidates the true glory of a silver! He couldn't have those who had yet to see just how amazing atypicals were going about and missing such a chance. And so Devith continued to prowl pacing back and forth as he fretted. This of course drew an amused glance from Hekate where she sat perched lazily in a nearby tree her flits sprawled about her on the branches as she read through one of the stories Dizzian had loaned her.

"You know I'm not going." Hekate stated firmly arching a brow as Devith stopped his pacing turning to face his rider to give her a stare that clearly said she wasn't helping. "I don't have that many nice clothes left and I'm certainly not going to ruin them with paint of all things. Besides you're supposed to attend candidate lessons to get a dragon and last time I checked I already have a dragon." She explained flashing her life mate a grin as the silver grumbled moodily her opinion doing little to sway his decision as he sat there regally posing in thought.

But how will these new two-leggers learn of my glory if I do not attend? Devith complained half mantling his wings in distress and annoyance. Such ignorance simply could not stand!

"Then go." Hekate replied snapping the book shut as her words caught her dragon off guard.

What? Devith asked with a snort of disbelief and anger. And allow them to smear paint on me!? I should be viewed in my full glory unstained! The silver snarled beginning his pacing again.

"Then don't go." Hekate answered with only a touch of exasperation at her silver's perceived problem.

Then I won't. Devith countered with a snort stretching out elegantly on the ground content to enjoy the warm sunshine as Hekate reopened her book searching for the page she had been on.  

Mortane

Dangerous Prophet

Dizzy_Kat rolled 1 6-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-6)

Dizzy_Kat
Crew

Hardcore Bibliophile

19,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:18 pm
Ailin
(Roll is for Ailin)

moonlit-raven

The tall boy's body spasmed as he heard a voice in his head. He had not been expecting it and at first didn't know to whom it belonged to. It didn't take him long to see the brown dragon staring straight at him. Gripping the straps of his flute's case in one hand and the jar of paint in the other he approached the table where the lone brown lay.

"Yes. Thank you." He replied once he reached the dragon's side. He didn't see a rider with appropriate knots nearby and could only assume that like a few others, the brown was alone. At least, with the brown's help he knew what to do and now who to do it too. Ailin rubbed his clean fingers together with a moment's hesitation before dipping them into the paint.

"Excuse me." He could admit nerves at touching a dragon without the rider's permission but those were the rules of the day. Aside from the dragon that had brought him to Trine, and the barest brushing of the green hatchling's hide he'd never had the opportunity to examine dragon hide up close. Hopefully the brown would not have come or invited him over if he was going to object. The paint was cool on his fingers but warmed quickly as he applied it to the brown's handsomely patterned hide.

His dexterity and skill with music and sometimes words obviously did not extend to art. What were supposed to be wounds looked more like exactly what they were: smears of paint.

Z'fer

Mortane

Calanoth rumbled to himself. A bath and a scrubbing did sound good...even better with help and the warm Trine sun. He could stand being made a mess of if the reward in the end was worth it. Somewhat pacified, he watched the candidates to see who would come to paint HIM. He was of course the most impressive dragon there(in his mind) so they should all want to flock to his side.

Z'fer laughed and clapped her gently on the shoulder. "Point taken Rider!" He could feel a touch of sympathy for her. None of them had it easy but he could only imagine how hard the past month or so had been on Bolth. That dragon was afraid of his own shadow. He could respect the strength and control the young woman must have to be able to control her dragon. Patience too. He lowered his voice. "Alright. I can leave you alone for now but I'll have to catch you around the dinner table at some point. I want to know how you and Bolth are adjusting." He stood and began to walk away. Poor kid.

Dizzian

SilverShieldwolf

Courath nodded, following her clutch brother to take the place opposite of him.~ Yes, she was hoping to say hello to Yours. ~ She angled herself so she could see the other two blue's as well. ~ Thank you Neptanth. Mine has taken the best of care with my health. ~ She thrummed warmly at Dizzian's feeling of embarassment.
The new blue she'd just met had an interesting glimmer in his eyes and a hint of amusement in his voice. What it could mean she wasn't sure though. ~ Is everything well with Yours? ~ She asked politely.

Solath she noticed was growing well for a blue. Whatever others said about Brakiath's latest clutch, she had produced some impressive blues and greens alongside her atypical children. She recalled another blue...one who was smaller than the rest but with a clever mind. Where he was now she didn't know other than he Wasn't Here.

Dizzian shook her head at Courath and followed Neptanth to where he placed himself next to another blue. "Don't feel you have to wake him on my behalf. If he's asleep I don't want to disturb him." She eyes the paint jars on the table then grinned. Yes she'd just told Courath that she wasn't a candidate anymore... but they hadn't done anything like this. The idea of painting a dragon was just too tempting. "Neptanth, do you mind if I paint you?"  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:29 pm
Dizzy_Kat

Ah, he had a rough night. So did I, but I can sleep when he can't most times. Solath waited for a candidate to start painting.

They wake, but we wont tell them where we are for now. You can put that stuff on me. He let his first layer eyelids shut while watching what the humans around were doing.

Oh everything is fine, don't worry your pretty green head about it. Thank you for asking. He made his way to an empty table and waited, some what patiently for the fun to begin.  

SilverShieldwolf

Alien Shapeshifter

Rhiannon Chandra
Crew

Fashionable Trainer

7,700 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:04 am
Orlina

Orlina grinned at Bolth's voice came to her. "Yeah, this is Bolth! Bolth, this is my friend Zarike. Bolth's rider is C'rci. She was one of my friends among the Candidates at Malvren for a bit, until she Impressed Bolth. Right?" She looked up at the Blue. "We were going to paint this Green here, but if we get a few more people, we can probably do you too!"

Orlina looked around for free hands and caught sight of Candidates congregating around the paint table instead. "Oh! We need supplies. I'll be right back, Zarike! See if you can find someone else to help us!"

Orlina scampered off towards the tables, weaving in and out of other people, squeezing by where necessary, and managed to make it right up to the tables. She snagged two pots of paint and wove her way back through the small crowd without being too much in the way. She was still small, after all.

"Here we go!" she announced as she returned and held out a pot for Zarike. "I think we're just using our hands."

-----
Halith

Hello! Halith greeted the Blue who pranced up to them. I'm Halith of Trine. We can certainly both be painted. Where are you from? She didn't mind at all that the Blue seemed to know the Candidate she had selected to paint her. The more the merrier, after all, and if they were both painted he could come with her to show off whenever they were supposed to... show off. Or whatever this was for.

Halith bugled as the girl returned with paint, excited to get started. They have their supplies, now. Here, come closer, share the space! Plenty of room for bodies to warm each other, if you know what I mean. Halith let out a small bellow of draconic laughter as she shifted over to make more room for Bolth.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:33 pm
Dizzy_Kat

It is no problem, boy, Krith responded. He seemed to be very polite, something the brown dragon appreciated. My name is Krith, and my rider is F'nell. He may or may not join us later. The browns eyes whirled in amusement. I have not decided if I am going to tell him about this or not.

He laid motionless on the ground, ready to be painted. He had never been painted before. Do not worry about hurting me. he said, hoping to reassure the nervous boy. I am not very fragile.

The paint was cool, almost like numbweed without the numbness, and the brown had no issues with remaining still. Will you tell me about yourself?  

moonlit-raven

Feral Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Team Jacob 100

magnadearel

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:24 pm
Wykla and Kameth
Wykla checked for problems and directed more people to dragons. There was remarkably little that she needed to actually do. This was her easiest lesson yet; nevermind that it was only her second one. Was that group running out of paint? She sent a couple more over to them. Wykla gave a nod as Orlina came to grab a couple paint pots.

Kameth rumbled. Even a couple blues to the outer edge had someone attending them. He checked in with the dragons to see if anyone needed anything.

Zurith
Was slightly surprised when he found he had the company of another blue dragon. Greetings, he said politely to Neptanth. There seems to be more dragons than people at the moment. Waiting your turn? Zurith watched with amusement as a female rider strolled over and asked Neptanth if he’d mind being painted. Oh look. You found one.

(Once your dragon has his/her 5 required posts, and no PC player to paint him/her then you may roll for an NPC painter and post the dragon being painted. <3 All painted dragons will be able to participate in Part 2 of the Gale Stalkers training. )  
Dizzy_Kat rolled 1 6-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-6)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:58 pm
Ailin

After the initial surprise Ailin adapted to the dragon's mental voice fairly quickly. It was actually somewhat pleasant. Three sevenday ago he may have said he didn't know what a wound looked like but now it would just be a lie. He was all too familiar with the look of injured dragons, riders, whers and more. Gentle dexterous fingers traced remembered patterns onto Krith's face with a meditative calm. With the brown's reassurance that he wouldn't harm him, Ailin was able to relax into the task. "Thank you Krith. I'm Ailin." He smiled at the brown's humor. "Do you think he will disapprove?"

He was silent when Krith asked about him. What could he say? "I'm a Harper Apprentice from Atlini Hold. What do you want to know?"

Dizzian
(Roll for Dizzian)

"Thanks Neptanth!" She dug eagerly into the jar of paint. Her initial markings looked vaguely like wounds if you squinted...maybe. Dizzian's attempts at being random turned into swirls and evenly placed spots. There were cupped semi circles that might have represented bite marks but then again they might not. Really she was just having fun. She wasn't a candidate and Neptanth wasn't of Gale Stalkers so did she really have to take it that seriously?

Courath nodded understanding. It was quiet by their tables, most of the humans seemed to prefer the larger dragons. She didn't mind lounging with her clutch mate though. It was better than laying alone in their bunk. Her's was being social...even if it was with another dragon, but she needed it and that had been Courath's main goal. Short of the Gather, Dizzian had spent too much time on her own or holed up in their shared bunk with Hekate or Syn.

Zarike

Zarike turned from Bolth to Orlina and back again. "So you've known him since he was hatched! Nice to meet you Bolth! I'll definitely paint you once we're done with her! Between the two of us it shouldn't take too long." The blue couldn't be that old then. As far as he knew Orlina was only in her first turn of candidacy. He wondered when she eventually would Impress...maybe they'd do it at the same time! That would be exciting. He didn't want to have to wait for her, or Faranth forbid, watch her leave the Sands without him.

Zarike waved to Orlina as she ran off and quickly scanned around the two dragons beside him. Everyone else seemed occupied at the moment. At least, he didn't see anyone by the time she returned. He shrugged helplessly and reached for the pot of paint. "Hands are fine with me. Are you afraid of getting a little messy?" Zarike knew she wasn't by now but he couldn't resist.  

Dizzy_Kat
Crew

Hardcore Bibliophile

19,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Partygoer 500

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:03 am
magnadearel

[Carltis]

Carltis was late, no getting around it.

He was also sweaty, dishevelled, and annoyed looking. "Caprines!" he barked as he stalked up to the lesson. "If I never see another one of the shaffing things other than on my plate, I'll be happy. What are we supposed to be doing here then?" This question was directed at Wykla, and the tall scarred candidate's lips pursed slightly as he regarded her.

------------------

[F'itz]

F'itz frowned at the approach of a rather tardy candidate, and frowned deeper at his lack of apology. "Watch your manners boy," he commanded sternly, "and show respect to your superiors." With nobody yet needing Brumath as a canvas at least he had something useful to do in reprimanding a wayward Malvren brat.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:47 pm
Bolth trilled a happy greeting to both Zarike and Orlina a second time as he and his rider were introduced. As Orlina explained about the painting Bolth nodded his head in understanding seeming far from hurt by the fact the green had already commandeered the two candidates.

Hello Halith. I am Bolth of Malvren. The freindly blue introduced himself though he was somewhat unsure how to deal with the flirty green. Still that didn't stop him from settling down next to her leaving plenty of room for the candidates to get at their current canvas. I am sorry if I perhaps startled you with my approach. I have known the dark haired one Orlina for some time. She is a friend of my rider. Bolth thrummed happily and bobbed his head at Zarike as he watched the two do their messy work.

C'rci couldn't help, but let a slight grin grace her lips at the man's laughter cracking one eye open at the bronzerider. "Very well Wingleader if that's what you'd like." She replied waving him off with a smile so she could get back to her nap.  

Mortane

Dangerous Prophet

Rhiannon Chandra
Crew

Fashionable Trainer

7,700 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:21 pm
Orlina

Orlina made a face at Zarike's challenge and set about opening her paint and starting in on Halith. After Threadfall she'd gotten a few good looks at Threadscoring, so she tried to mimic that in some of her attempts at wounds. When that ultimately didn't go so well, she altered her style to wounds that were more Pernese in nature-- fresh scratches, bite marks, etc.

-----

Halith

With the humans using their hands on her thick hide, Halith hardly felt the pressure at all, except when they really began pressing down. She arched her neck to watch them decorate her with marks.

I thought she might be. Why did you choose to get painted since you're not a Gale Stalker? For fun? Do you like to have fun? We can race after this if we aren't needed right away, if you wanted! Halith's offer was tinged with excitement and she inadvertently opened her wings slightly, eyes whirling more quickly at the thought of doing something with movement. It always was hard for her to sit still.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:35 pm
Neptanth turned an eye to the other blue. There do seem to be. He was happy to be 'wounded' if it meant that he didn't have to move around too much. Ah..Yes, Mines friend. A green's rider. He rumbled as Dizzian started painting him. The paint was cool in some areas and he waited for her to finish so he could see what it looked like.

Solath looked over the table, waiting for someone to put that stuff on him. We haven't seen you much lately. Is all well? He knew that His and Neptanth's like his clutch mates rider. Thinking of them, he felt F'iar searching, Mine, we are helping in a lesson. More of you would be nice. While His might not paint him, S'kiro might follow and help out too.  

SilverShieldwolf

Alien Shapeshifter

magnadearel

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:23 pm
TawnyAngel

Wykla and Kameth
Things were going smoothly. Wykla checked in with Kameth to see how the dragons were doing with being paired up with someone or someones not their rider. It looked well from what she saw. Kameth please ask for those waiting to speak up to you so I know who to send late comers or people who’ve finished. Morning Light popped in briefly to tell that a group of rodents had tried to get into the area but the flits had chased them away. Wykla sighed with a smile, “good job, go back now.” Her attention was pulled to a boy shouting about caprines.

She raised an eyebrow at the young man’s rumpled appearance. “I assume you’ve had a recent encounter with at least one?” Wykla felt her lips twitch as she suppressed a smile as F’itz verbally cuffed the boy. It was nice to know F’itz accepted her in her position. As for the boy, it looked like he didn’t need to worry about getting paint on him. “We’re getting the dragons painted with wounds. I think I see at least a couple blues, and F’itz’s Brumath still need someone.” As an afterthought she added, “and I think the bronze does too.”

Kameth rumbled with amusement as he listened to Carltis. He happened to like them. They tasted good; albeit small. On a general level to the dragons in the field he broadcasted, Mine wishes to know if anyone is still waiting to be painted.

Zurith
The dark blue calmly watched as Neptanth was smeared with paint and ‘wounded’. He noticed there seemed to be more dragons than people at the moment. That is handy. His did not have many friends, and he doubted any would be here at the moment.  
Dizzy_Kat rolled 1 6-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-6)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:26 pm
Z'fer

Z'fer smiled back over his shoulder and waved at C'rci as he left her side. Another commotion drew his attention as an all too familiar man in dirty candidate knots started yelling. A spark of anger shot through his veins as he saw the young man was confronting Wykla. HIS wingmember and currently, Carltis's boss. Another man had already stepped in on Wykla's behalf and she herself seemed to be doing a decent job standing up for herself. A fact that made Z'fer proud of his support of her.

He wasn't about to just let this kid get away with it though. Z'fer stood his full height and sauntered up to Wykla's side. The thin smile on his lips didn't reach his stony eyes. "Is everything ok Candidate Master?"

Calanoth yawned, his eyes drooping as he began to relax. He'd settled into a win/win frame of mind. Either he got painted and an extra scrubbing with the new brushes His had, or he got to lay there and do nothing but maybe socialize a bit. Both scenarios played out well in the bronze's mind. ~ I am currently without... but I don't mind. ~ He was here to help Kameth and His after all...as Z'fer had said so distinctly.

Dizzian

Dizzian giggled to herself as she conveniently 'forgot' they were supposed to be wounds. A heart made it's sneaky appearance on his side which was the initial cause for her giggles. "S'kiro would kill me if he saw this... should I make you pretty Neptanth?"

Courath snorted. Oh well. Dizzian would be herself and her current cheer was almost better than anything she'd experienced since Courath Impressed. The young green still wasn't fond of laying down, but sitting propped with her forearms crossed before her was comfortable enough. Her wings shifted and settled with a slight flare about her. ~ Everything is fine now. The Healers kept me overlong.~ She gave a sigh, her eyes whirling slow and calm. ~ It is good to be back out among you. Mine and I do not like being cooped up so. ~

Zarike
(roll is for Zarike)

Where Orlina might have been going for accuracy Zarike was slapping the cool paint on in broad strokes, creating huge 'gaping' wounds on the green's hide. "I saw a dragon who was COVERED in scars!" He chattered as he painted. "She was covered in bandages and it looked like half her tail was gone! For a green she looked as ferocious as a wher." He grinned at the action packed imaginings playing through his mind. "If she came out looking like that I can only imagine what she did to the wher!" His tone was admiring if a little insensitive. Zarike had been safely hidden and saw little of the actual bloodshed at Trine. His father had only brought him and the other creche children back to the Weyr when the fighting had ended. He saw the blood and the injuries and the covered bodies, but the horror of being there first hand missed him. To the thrill seeking potential candidate it was almost as wonderful as fighting Thread appeared to be. "When I Impress my dragon and I are gonna be Wardens! We're gonna fight the dirty whers and chase them from Pern! We'll take them between all the way to the Red Star!"  

Dizzy_Kat
Crew

Hardcore Bibliophile

19,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Partygoer 500

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:06 am
[Carltis]

Carltis looked the brownrider up and down, and then promptly dismissed him as unimportant. Instead he turned to Wykla, who despite being a teenager (what, six turns his junior? Five?) was somebody he would rather answer to than a brown or bronze rider. Anyway she didn't snap at him for his lateness or make him hang around not knowing what was going on, which he appreciated.

"Could say that, if you wanted to understate," he replied with a snort, "I was fixing a bit of fencing when one of the wher-begotten bastards decided to jump over and make me chase it half way around the damn Weyr...." Ah, and look who was coming over to stick his oar in; wingleader Sor'loser. Not turning to look at the bronze rider just yet he added; "Luckily I managed to corner it, wrestle it to the ground and return it to its proper place in the pens before it caused too much havoc.... Oh, wingleader," Carltis turned then, giving a sunny smile and a salute, "the candidate master was just catching me up on what's going on; I was delayed by goat wrangling. ...And if it's all the same with you candidate master I would prefer to work with one of the blues." He preferred his dragons in non-homophobic flavours - did now anyway - but wasn’t quite obtuse enough to say such a thing, at least not in front of people who could dump him on s**t pit duties for a month.

[F'itz]

F'itz's lips pursed tighter, but it wasn't his place to tell the boy off any more in Wykla was choosing not to. Nevertheless he was pleased to hear the snappy-voiced young man had no wish to paint Brumath.

the brown replied with a rumble, He would wait as long as necessary... and hope that when he was called upon it would not be by a noisy child.  
Trine Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff