Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The Graveyard (Trash)
× ✖ × Madam Malkin's :: Open :: Hiring Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:43 pm
The Vasses~Wizarding Family~Four Members

Don't wake me 'cause I'm dreaming of angels on the moon

Newlyn Tara Vass, Blood Traitor, First Year
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Wearing
Mood: Grateful
Thoughts: That's very thoughtful...
With: Fiona, Elsie, and Morven

Newlyn was grateful for Fiona's thoughtfulness. Though Morven probably wouldn't throw a fit, she did tend to get extremely impatient and antsy. "Thank you. I'm sure my sister can wait, can't you Morven?" she asked her youngest sister. "Why don't you and Elsie color while you wait for me, OK?" She stepped up onto the platform, hoping her sisters would behave. It was hard, sometimes, being in charge of them.

"Responsibility is the price of freedom"

Where everyone you know never leaves too soon

Drench yourself with words unspoken

Elsbeth "Elsie" Lynwen Vass, Blood Traitor, Age Seven
Wearing
Mood: Cheerful
Thoughts: Oh, I want to color!
With: Fiona, Newlyn, and Morven

Elsie nodded obediently and skipped over to the box, taking out a piece of parchment and a few colors. She sat down on her knees, bending over her piece of parchment intently as she began to draw.

"Look for the girl with the sun in her eyes"

Live your life with arms wide open

Load up, load up, march to the future

Morven Grainne Vass, Blood Traitor, Age Five
Wearing
Mood: Interested
Thoughts: Hmm...
With: Fiona, Newlyn, and Elsie

Morven might have had the personality of a moody teenager, but she was still a little girl who was easily distracted. She followed her older sister over to the box, and took out a piece of parchment. She began to fold it slowly with her small hands. She crouched down, not quite sitting, concentrating on her folding.

"Little girls can be badder oftener than anyone else in the world"

Lipstick, I might kill ya or kiss ya, baby doll gone wrong

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:57 pm
Fiona McKinney
Owner of Madam Malkin's // Shop front room // Wearing
CURRENTLY WITH // The Vass Sisters
CURRENTLY FEELING // Happy, tired
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Perhaps one of them will leave me a drawing to put on the board...'
═════════════════════════════════

User Image

Fiona smiled, her eyes crinkling ever so slightly around their corners, as she watched the two younger sisters. The middle child had set off coloring, while the youngest had forgone this in favor folding the paper, very intently. She wondered if perhaps the child was doing origami. That would certainly be interesting; she'd, rather ironically, never been able to get the hang of it herself. Satisfied that the two were happily preoccupied, she turned back to the oldest sister and gave her a smile and a wink. She could tell that the older girl was clearly a little worn from the responsibility that had been placed on her. She wondered, rather vaguely, why their parents had sent the two children with their sister, but supposed that they might both work. She banished the thought before she could ask, since it was none of her business, after all, and flicked her wand, sending the tape measure in a tizzy, taking the child's measurements. As each was taken, the numbers would appear in gold lettering, hovering in the air next to her as if they were being written on an invisible chalkboard. Another wand wave and a pre-made, ready to tailor set came to Fiona, which she then charmed onto the child. Fiona used the information from the measurements to command the pins and needles to set to work, sewing tailoring the robes to fit the child. "So, is this yer firs' stop? Shoppin' fer yer supplies, I mean?" Fiona asked, watching her needles work carefully on the robes so that the girl didn't get pricked or stuck with anything.

(( OOC: ))

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:49 pm

Wearing
Mood: Neutral
Thoughts: I hope I don't get pricked
With: Fiona, Elsie, and Morven

Newlyn nodded slowly, watching the needle warily. She didn't want to get pricked. "Ah, yes. We'll be headed to the apothecary after this. My father works so I'm watching my sisters today," she explained, thinking that Fiona was probably wondering where their parents were. That was a sort of a half truth. Her father was working, but she was always in charge of her sisters, whether he was working or not. The girl was basically a mother to them.

Drench yourself with words unspoken

Elsbeth "Elsie" Lynwen Vass, Blood Traitor, Age Seven
Wearing
Mood: Cheerful
Thoughts: Flowers...
With: Fiona, Newlyn, and Morven

Elsie was drawing a picture of flowers. Her blond curls hung in her face as she colored a flower bright pink. She smiled slightly to herself, pleased with her art.

"Look for the girl with the sun in her eyes"

Wearing
Mood: Disdainful
Thoughts: Mine is much better than her's
With: Fiona, Newlyn, and Elsie

Morven gave Elsie a look dripping with disdain. Flowers. How stupid. She finished folding and held up a paper hat triumphantly. She smiled smugly. Elsie glanced up, looked at the hat, and shrugged indifferently, much to Morven's outrage.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:12 pm
__--Alaric Fallrein--__

Unsorted First Year

This is the end Hold your breath
User Image
And count to ten Feel the earth move
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Alaric pushed the door open to the clothing store. He saw that there were already some customers in there. One of them, a girl, was around his age. He smiled and then shrank back to a corner, silent. He smiled at the little girls.
"That's good," he said, pointing to the little girl's drawing of flowers.

------------------
Thor
((OOC- ))
Hear my heart burst again

Kai Sparrowheart

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:35 pm

Wearing
Mood: Friendly
Thoughts: Oh, another first year
With: Fiona, Elsie, Morven, and Alaric

Newlyn glanced at the boy as he entered the shop and gave him a friendly smile. It might be nice to have some friends before she got to Hogwarts. She had never really been around other children her age growing up, it was always just her, her sisters, and her father. She continued to wait patiently on the platform for Fiona to finish tailoring her robes.

Drench yourself with words unspoken, live your life with arms wide open

Elsbeth "Elsie" Lynwen Vass, Blood traitor, Age Seven
Wearing
Mood: Delighted
Thoughts: He said it was good!
With: Fiona, Newlyn, Morven, and Alaric

Elsie looked up at Alaric, delighted. "Thank you," she said happily. "I'm Elsie. Who're you?" She was oblivious to Newlyn rolling her eyes at her sister's forwardness.

"Look for the girl with sun in her eyes"

Wearing
Mood: Annoyed
Thoughts: He didn't compliment mine...
With: Fiona, Newlyn, Elsie, and Alaric

Morven seethed inwardly. He hadn't complimented her hat! It was way better than Elsie's dumb old flowers, and a whole lot prettier. She thought about throwing a fit, but Newlyn would be mad and then they might go home. She didn't want to go home, so she said nothing, coloring her hat a pale pink furiously.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:04 pm
__--Alaric Fallrein--__

Unsorted First Year

User Image

Alaric smiled. "Umm, my name's Alaric, nice to meet you." He saw the other little girl looking annoyed, and he realized he hadn't seen her hat because he was facing a different direction when he walked in.
" That's a nice hat too."
He smiled back at the older sister, but fell back into silence.

------------------
Thor
((OOC- ))

Kai Sparrowheart

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:24 pm
Fiona McKinney
Owner of Madam Malkin's // Shop front room // Wearing
CURRENTLY WITH // The Vass Sisters
CURRENTLY FEELING // Happy, tired
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Oh, another customer, how lovely!'

User Image

Fiona finished up Newlyn's robes and smiled warmly at the young man. "Hello, there, I'll be with ye in a minute. Let me take care of the lass and such." She noticed the rather annoyed expression on the youngest sister's face and paused. She seemed rather put out that her hat hadn't been noticed. It was a very nifty little thing, Fiona thought, and rather adorable. "Tha's quite a lovely hat' dear," she told her. Fiona then waved her wand so that the robes would fold themselves and the supplies flew over to sit on the counter. She walked over to it briskly, smiling and waving her wand again so that the garments would wrap themselves. She waved the girl over. "That'll be 30 Galleons, dear," she told her. As she waited for the clothes to wrap and the girl to pay, she looked to the young man. "Lad, if ye'll get on the platform I ken start measuring ye now." She waved her wand and the tools all flew in the air to hover by the area she'd indicated for him to stand.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:41 pm
__--Alaric Fallrein--__

Unsorted First Year

User Image

Alaric smiled slightly and stepped onto the platform. He waited patiently, thanking the woman.

------------------
Thor
((OOC-Gah he has to go, I'll send you another owl with galleons like I did with Drae, sorry this always happens with me! ))

Kai Sparrowheart

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:56 pm
(Sorry for the appearance.)

Newlyn Tara Vass

Newlyn stepped off as Alaric stepped up onto the platform. She paid Fiona, smiled at Alaric once more, and led her sisters out.

Elsbeth Lynwen Vass

Elsie handed Fiona her drawing. "For your board. Thanks for letting us color. " She waved goodbye to Alaric and Fiona, and departed, clutching Newlyn's hand.

Morven Grainne Vass

Morven flashed a rare, dimpled smile, and handed Fiona the hat. "It's for you." She then left with her sisters.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:54 pm
Fiona McKinney
Owner of Madam Malkin's // Back Room // Wearing
CURRENTLY WITH // No one
CURRENTLY FEELING // Happy
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'I wonder when the first of the students will arrive this year...'

User Image

Fiona sat in the back of her store, humming to herself as she worked on hemming one of her dresses. She didn't have any work at the moment. She hadn't had any customers come in for big orders in a while, she she was finishing everything up pretty quickly. That was going to end soon, though, and she knew it. All over the UK, young witches and wizards were receiving their Hogwarts letters, and would be flooding her store to get their robes. Even those who were already students would be coming in for adjustments on their robes, or new ones, depending on how much they'd grown over the year. She smiled. As much as she didn't like her store being crowded, she loved having it full of their young, excited faces. And talking to them could be so much fun. There was no question about it; this was her favorite time of the year.

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Xistund

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:05 pm
User Image
Darius Silver
ᗡɐɹıns Sılʌǝɹ

Second YearSlytherinBeaterHalf-Blood

User Image
₯arius found himself pushed into the store. “You know there are less humiliating ways to show me where the shop is.” He muttered feeling like a child being pushed around everywhere.
User Image

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:40 pm
Sweet dreams are made of these
Who am I to disagree?
Travel the world and the seven seas
Everybody's looking for something

VERILY DAWN MCHALEN

Wearing

|||Ravenclaw Beater|||Pureblood|||Second Year|||

User Image
Ver just laughed. She still had one of his hands gripped in her own. She let the door swing shut behind her and looked around the shop. "But this was more fun!" She said teasingly. She moved up to the counter, dragging him with her. "Hello!" She called out. "We'd like to buy some clothes."
OOC:...

Love interest:

Some of them want to use you
Some of them want to get used by you
Some of them want to abuse you
Some of them want to be abused

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:02 pm
Fiona McKinney
Owner of Madam Malkin's // Main Room // Wearing
CURRENTLY WITH // Darius and Verily
CURRENTLY FEELING // Happy
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Oh, dearie, sounds like they were bickering.'

User Image

Fiona heard the almost silent mutter of the young man as he came through the door, the tinkling of bells signaling him beforehand, and then heard the girl's teasing. As she entered the front room of the shop, she noted that he looked a bit less than happy, though she seemed amused. Fi smiled widely at the two of them. A blooming romance? They could be siblings, but something about their demeanor told her otherwise. She waved her wand, calling her supplies to the front room. "'Ello, how're ye both feelin' on this foine day?" As she spoke, her needles, thread and measuring tape flew to the room, readying to be used.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:39 pm
User Image
Darius Silver
ᗡɐɹıns Sılʌǝɹ

Second YearSlytherinBeaterHalf-Blood

User Image
₯arius was dragged with Verily to the desk he saw the woman and gave her a nod keeping a neutral look on his face. “We are doing fine ma'am.” It was mostly true even after snapping at Jaslyn. He was glad Ver was there to calm him down. He decided it was best to let Ver do most of the talking. She was way better at saying what needed to be said and Darius didn't even know what to get.
User Image

Xistund

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:52 pm
Sweet dreams are made of these
Who am I to disagree?
Travel the world and the seven seas
Everybody's looking for something

VERILY DAWN MCHALEN

Wearing

|||Ravenclaw Beater|||Pureblood|||Second Year|||

User Image
Ver smiled brightlt at the woman and glanced at Darius. She wondered how much clothes they should get. "What all do you need?" She asked him, blinking her eyes. If she had her way, she'd get him a whole new wardrobe, but she doubted he'd agree to that "I mean.... well... er.... do you haven any clothes that aren't in tatters?" She asked awkwardly, running a hand through her hair and looking at the counter. That had sounded really bad, but she did mean well, it was just hard to voice what she was trying to say. She glanced up at him. "Cuz... I mean.... I'm good with getting a whole new wardrobe but... I'm pretty sure you'll eat me before you let me do that." She laughed slightly at her joke and subconsciously braided and unbraided her hair while she waited for him to answer.
OOC:...

Love interest:

Some of them want to use you
Some of them want to get used by you
Some of them want to abuse you
Some of them want to be abused

The Graveyard (Trash)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers