Welcome to Gaia! ::

Matope

Back to Guilds

Tags: matope, kimeti, pets, breedables, Role-playing 

Reply Roleplaying
[PRP] A heart worth breaking... [Be Mine/Sideways Down] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:52 pm
She was content. Be Mine gave a soft dreamy sigh and when she opened her eyes to look at him, her gaze was full of adoration. Surely he was the handsomest and kindest buck to ever be born into the swamp? "I've never been happier." She declared softly.

Maxx D

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:57 pm
He chuckled softly: a more discerning doe may, perhaps, be able to spot that hint of darkness within. Down had let down his guard around her, simply because it wasn't necessary - that innocent, loving look drove that point home every time. He rested his jaw upon her forehead, smoothing the fur gently and affectionately. The rosy coat, he'd noted with satisfaction, matched the reddish hues of his markings - they were made a lovely couple, and for that he was grateful to the Motherfather for such a pretty, pliant doe. He was thankful every time he knew Light Up was watching...and furious.

Again, perhaps, a buck so bent on this cruel task would have wavered under the sheer affection and sweetness piled on by Be Mine. It was vast and heartfelt, and she was both pretty and darling. Down, in the face of his own good luck, briefly wondered why the Motherfather had, instead, punished her so, but it was none of his business and he had no guilt to worry about - instead, he continued to encourage her momentary happiness.

"I am incredibly fortunate, my darling, that you feel the same."  

Maxx D
Crew

Garbage Cat

Maxx D
Crew

Garbage Cat

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:59 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Filament thought he'd recognised his wayward son locked in a blissful embrace with a doe under a tree. It was impossible, it was not that boy's way. That boy was only capable of seizing lust, consuming it and walking away from his prey with a smile - in other words, using does. He was distinctive, yes, but there were so many kin out there...it had to be another buck. It was not his son.

He approached - he was not one for stealth, and made no secret of his curiousity. The steps were slow and wary, and as he approached, he realised with a sinking horror that it was Sideways Down, cuddled up to a sweet little female, in a manner that spoke of togetherness, and not of consummation.

His son opened one eye, and smirked.

Filament had no idea how he turned out like this. He was not an exceptional buck, but he had a steady morality that he'd taken for granted as a natural phenomenon. He engaged with his children as many did: distant but present (and awkward, but kind). But somehow his sons had gone...wrong. This one was especially terrible, a taint upon the land, ruining does, in particular, with a maliciousness which source he could never locate. That smirk...oh, that smirk was his son. What was he doing with that doe?

His dismay led him closer, and Filament came through a clearing to pause, wide-eyed, right in front of the two.
"Sideways Down?"  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:03 pm
At any other time, Down would've left once the fool came within ten paces. His self-righteous speeches telling him to be good and kind were tedious, words useless and empty. He had been blissfully free of his father for a while, and he should've been aggravated by all means.

Today was different. He was in such a good mood, and couldn't resist provoking him - no, Filament would be of great use today. Now, before the old buck could say any more - "Father!"

It was frighteningly jovial. "What a pleasant surprise, Father, to meet you here like this. It's perfect." He grinned and gently nudged at Be Mine to rise, licking down the fur that he'd ruffled in his terrifying enthusiasm. "Come my beloved Mine, if you could, let us greet my father in a proper manner."

Ruriska

Maxx D
Crew

Garbage Cat

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:57 pm
At Down’s prompting, Be Mine rose to her hooves and offered a shy, sweet smile to Filament. "It’s nice to meet you. " While she hadn’t expected to meet her beloved bucks’ family so soon, she was glad Filament had come along. It was always nice to meet someone new. She just hoped Filament would approve of her. It would be terribly unsetting is he disliked her. "My name is Be Mine."

Maxx D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:12 pm
Filament was already in horror at Down's address, much less the welcoming speech, but the little doe's bashful greeting added to the mix was beyond belief. His face contorted to a wince - Filament was a simple buck and found it difficult to hide such extreme feelings, even just for social decorum - as he regarded her once more, and attempted, very awkwardly, to smile. It certainly wasn't her fault, guileless and innocent, that he stood here in dread of his son, and just what his son was planning.

"I am Filament," he responded, hollow-eyed, with that little smile hanging off the side of his face.

He needed to tell her so many things. Down is cruel, he can't be trusted. Down is playing you, he will only hurt you. Down is a showman, he never means a word he says.
 Run, child. No good will come of this. Run, run, Be Mine, run.

"...it's nice to meet you too, Be Mine. You seem like a very nice girl."  

Maxx D
Crew

Garbage Cat

Maxx D
Crew

Garbage Cat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:13 pm
"Subtle as always, Father." Down said with triumph, head lowered and grin wide. The old fool was so predictably weak, and perhaps a little more like himself than he thought, if he was willingly letting the doe fall. He'd given him a chance he knew he wouldn't take.   
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:17 pm
His eyes were fixed upon the doe, trying to tease out any slivers of knowledge below her smiling face - no, no, there were none. His mouth was dry, and he breathed shallowly, but could only bring himself to continue: "Has...has Down been good to you?"

Ruriska

Maxx D
Crew

Garbage Cat

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:46 pm
Be Mine was blind to Filament’s inner turmoil. She watched him with that same soft, shy smile; quietly beseeching her dearest ones father to like her. She beamed when he said she seemed like a ‘very nice girl’, shuffling her hooves bashfully.

There was a very small part of her that slowly took notice of buck’s unease. But her heart was full and it was easier to put it aside than dwell on such a small thing.

“Yes, he had been wonderful.” She looked adoringly at Down as she spoke.

Maxx D
Finally! Sorry for the wait. <3

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:10 pm
"That's great to know." He acknowledged hollowly, unable to look at his son. "I hope...I hope he continues to treat you well," he's not been very good at that, Filament so dearly wanted to hint at, but he was at the end of his tether and could barely take any more of the farce.

"Take care, Be Mine." He smiled, helpless, despairing, deflated - and like the coward he was, nodded his leave and dragged his hooves away under the scrutiny of Down's piercing, triumphant stare.

There was only one who could speak to the wayward son - and that was the other son, who was contrary but not, in his estimation, quite as wayward. He clung to the fact that he knew Light Up disapproved of Sideways Down's conquests as a sign of morality, and sought him to perhaps change the course of the inevitable.

Thankfully, he was predictable. It took some searching but he soon found him within watching distance of the couple, taking his unblinking, glowing eyes as a good sign.

"Light Up," he advanced hesitantly, "Light Up, I need to speak to you."  

Maxx D
Crew

Garbage Cat

Jun D
Crew

Shoujo Shounen

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:29 pm
It was a long moment before he deigned reply, and even then he did not tear his eyes away from the pair, "What is it, Father?"  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:27 pm
He'd been tracking Down. He always was. "Just what madness is going on, Light Up?" He queried, ceasing his steps. It was ridiculous to say something they both already knew, but Filament desperately wanted to fill the silence. "This isn't normal, this strange...romancing tactic. What is he planning?"  

Maxx D
Crew

Garbage Cat

Jun D
Crew

Shoujo Shounen

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:33 am
"Disgusting, isn't it?" and his voice was dark with bitterness, "it suits him ill."  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:59 am
He looked away awkwardly at his tone - it was so very difficult to talk to his sons. But for her sake, he pressed on, and regarded Light Up once more. "Whatever he's doing, it suits her ill. Surely no good is coming from this? She's just a naive, lovelorn doe...and if I know Down well enough, he is going to destroy her."  

Maxx D
Crew

Garbage Cat

Jun D
Crew

Shoujo Shounen

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:13 am
That did tear his eyes away, though it took a moment more. Then did he regard his father, in the manner of studying a curiousity. Eventually, he articulated: "The very function of a naive, lovelorn doe is to be destroyed. That is the only way they will know better. There will always be naive, lovelorn does, and they will always be destroyed."  
Roleplaying

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff