Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply --[ Biotic Interactions ]--
--[ ORP ]-- Secret Garden Summer Party Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Wasabineko

Dapper Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:07 pm
((Wasa - Arrival))

Wasa walked down the path with a little more confidence compared to her last appearance at a Lab event. For starters, she carried her own invitation in her hand and knew that she would be greeted as a friend in the garden ahead. Also, she knew she would not be an unpleasant surprise for the one person in attendance that she really knew because Pasha already floated at her side.

“Looks like summer reached this place.” She noted with a smile as she tapped the swelling pod of seeding rose. “It’s been cool at the villa. Not so many flowers this year.” She watched a few wilted but fragrant petals float to the bricks below her feet. “Probably even less fruit, though the blackberries should be good. Hard to keep blackberries down.”  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:58 pm
((Pasha -Arrival))

Pasha floated serenely beside Wasa, nodding occasionally. She filtered most of what the woman said...not out of rudeness, but because the things Wasa talked about often didn't make a lot of sense to the Sigel. Wasa was Eclectic like that, Aki had always assured her.

"I made a blackberry once!" Melisande chimed in, spinning her delicate sun umbrella a little and making the ruffles floof. She was secretly thrilled that she understood the topic at hand. "Well, I helped make one. It turned out-" Her sweet voice trailed off as they arrived, the garden party opening up before them. People were already here, Raevans as well...and...

Rivener...Lazarus. Images of blood and ice slid like shadows through her memory. There was a time when she would have floated a little lower, and pressed a little closer to Aki for comfort. But Wasa wasn't Aki, that that was then. Melisande marshaled her courage, mentally shooing the butterflies into a jar, and screwed the lid shut tight. She gripped the delicate stem of her morning glory umbrella in both hands, and took a breath.

"...to be a dream. I think." She finished quietly, and offered a small smile to the woman beside her. Pasha lowered her voice, and relinquished her grip on the umbrella long enough to tuck a curl behind the flowers in her hair. "I'm glad you're here."

She dropped the same hand, reaching towards Wasa's for a squeeze. It hadn't been easy being away from Aki, but it was necessary. Aki's lover was so different...patient, supportive, everything her guardian was not. Melisande's smile dimpled, deepening, and she glanced back to the scattered tables, lanterns, and pillows.

"It's going to be so lovely at dusk." She murmured, and released Wasa's hand long enough to tug her strapless sundress up a bit on the top. Most of the clothes Alain gifted her with were too big in the chest, and Pasha didn't care to wear the slightly padded underthings that went with them. "It reminds me of your room!"  

Aki Ana

Wasabineko

Dapper Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:46 pm
((Wasa - Arrival))

“You should dream of blackberry jam next. Or pie.” She nodded decisively. “Love blackberry pie.” She gave her tiny little umbrella a twirl around her hand and held it aloft once again. The wide brim of her hat made a shade rather redundant, but the lush green nasturtium with its gilded veins and slender, curving handle was a nice compliment to the orange and yellow blossoms that crept along her neckline and spiraled down one of her arms. It was no larger than a dinner plate but she doubted it would be the most superfluous accessory to be spotted at this party.

“Looks like you are not the first to arrive.” Her eyes flitted from raevan to raevan, making no connection between the gentle squeeze on her hand and their presence. “Certainly the best dressed for the occasion.” She whispered, dropping her little leaf to coyly hide her moving lips. “They couldn’t have picked a better theme.”

She returned the warm smile, her cheery eyes visible through the delicately tangled vines that swept from one temple to the opposite cheek. Not as elaborate or concealing as some of her other masks, but truth be told they hadn’t been her taste as of late. If there was a deeper meaning to be found there, she hadn’t given it too much thought.

“It does, doesn’t it?” She tilted her head in approval. “I hope the sunset holds off long enough for us to enjoy all these colors in the daylight. So many soft tones…”  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:15 pm
((Pasha- Arriving --> Appetizer table))

"I fit right in." Pasha's smile was wry, but her tone was light enough to be taken sincerely. She drifted away from Wasa, towards a kitsch pail meant for umbrellas. Melisande folded hers shut in one graceful slide and added it to the collection, freeing up her hands for the bright jars of drinks or one of the piled snacks on the low tables.

"Oh, there's Kyou! Let's say hello?" Truth be told, Pasha was far more at ease with the handsome doctor than many of the other Raevans. She glanced at Rivener again, and one hand pressed low against her stomach. To be honest, the feeling was nothing new.  

Aki Ana

Petite Kitsune

Romantic Reveler

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:31 pm
( Zurine / Drinks table )

The dainty ice-frei had a delicate mouthful of ice cube by the time that Rivener spoke, and her dark eyes widened. This was someone she had never met, and he was bigger than her. Black eyes slid up, all the way, to catch on that brilliant smile. He was certainly handsome, in a very sharp way, and she listened guardedly as he spoke -- something about him, or perhaps it was something unfamiliar-yet-familiar in her chest, had her feeling extra wary. She exhaled a warm, thin haze of water-steam, giving herself a moment to think and fully process her words before she said them. "Hello, Rivener," she said, her voice quiet and her warm alto tone uncertain. "I am two years old... who is this person I remind you of?" Her expression was all wide-eyed innocence, despite her dainty brows furrowing curiously. She raised herself a little bit, and ruffled her dainty, icy feathers with the soft tinkling sound of ice. "My name is Zurine."

From just a few feet away, Phiel was watching as he bit into a dainty berry pastry. He couldn't quite help feeling protective.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:38 pm
((Iorek, Lillian, Tyson - Arrival))

"It's been a while since we've been to one of these shindigs" Lillian mumbled as she and the boys entered the colorful event. She was certainly maturing into a young lady. Her hair was fairly short and had taken to curling at the ends. She wore a flower in her hair to go with her simple and cool dress.

The three of them were dressed in summery clothing, well, more so the brother and sister than their companion. Like always Iorek had trouble throwing clothes over his vest. His arms didn't match the rest of his sleek frame. He could go a few sizes up but then it'd resemble a dress. Lillian had attempted to create a button-down for him but the lass was not the sewing type. So, too tired to try again or pay for a tailor, they opted for a brightly colored tie. Sure, Lillian would have liked if it wasn't decorated with superheroes...but it was something Reks enjoyed so she let it slide.

Tyson gave a loud huff and drifted away from Lil and Reks. He wore a scowl and his fingers were busy tugging at his white shirt's collar. "I hope we can see some friends after going through this. You already dragged us to a stupid party last week, Reks and I can't take much more of this." Ty looked up from his fidgeting and gazed around the pretty set-up. The flowers, the frills, the candles...it made his stomach turn. "This is way too girly...I might hurl..." Ah to be a teen....his moody attitude was driving Lillian nuts.

Luckily the lass had found ways to block out his complaining, a simple one was to just ignore him. "I wonder if we'll run into anyone. I think I see Riv and Aphi by a table...oh..there's Vivi and someone. See, people we know. This wasn't a waste. Why, I remember when you couldn't wait for these things..."

Iorek drifted above the siblings as he eyed the crowd. He let the two go at it and just took in the view. Unlike Tyson he didn't mind the parties. Actually he enjoyed them for the most part. They were usually pretty to look at and had nice music. Due to his appearance he was rarely approached by anyone. Parties were usually very peaceful for him.

"Oh! S-Sorry!" He yelped in surprise when, far too deep in his thoughts, he'd knocked into a platform sporting a fancy flower vase. The gargoyle raevan grappled to grab a hold of the porcelain object without dropping the flowers and too much water. He shakily placed it back on the stand and scooted closer to Lillian. Iorek's ears lowered in embarrassment and he quickly worked his hands into his hair, hoping to flatten the pieces that had risen like a frightened cat's hair when he had been in a panic.

Ah yeah, beautiful entrance Iorek. Here he hadn't met many of the raevans or seen the rest so this was a perfect spectacle...a fine 'How do you do' to all in attendance.

Was it odd that he was anxious to see and meet other raevans? It had seemed so much easier when he was younger. He was able to go right up to someone, act cute, be speechless, and immediately they were friends. Now there was much more thinking in meeting someone. So much analyzing and tiers of friendship...oh goodness and now even his thoughts were rambling.

Like Lil said, they hadn't been to a lab event in quite some time, and he hadn't seen another raevan in ages. He'd gotten so used to being around humans he was all a jitter at the thought of seeing 'his kind'.

Tyson drifted in and out of their trio as he took in all the sights. Lillian adjusted her summery dress and peered at those who were already at the party.

"Well..." Iorek took a deep breath and looked between the two. Now was the time to be brave. Meeting people was easy, especially those as welcoming and kind as the Lab. "Lets go chat."  

Ac.Wings

Lovergirl

Ebony Shade

Romantic Seeker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:47 pm
((Ebony and Cordelia - Arriving))

Giving a low somewhat impressed whistle, Ebony removed her sunglasses as they moved into the shade of the garden, tucking them in the front of her white sleeveless, button up vest. “I suppose you were right about dressing up if just a little Cordelia. This most definitely looks a little more fanciful than the beach party last time.”

“See I told you Ebby. And ugh, please don’t remind me of that.” Cordelia tried, but couldn’t keep the look of disgust off her face. Since the invitation had said it was a garden party, the basilisk knew it’d be a good opportunity to play it up a bit. She rarely got to and it was hard finding things she could easily wear over the tough snake skin attire she was so accustomed to without feeling over burdened with layers. Today Delia was wearing a simple long white dress and her hair was down for once. She felt it made her features seem softer although there was little she could do about her sharp wings that still remained somewhat threatening.

Aside from her own appearance, the smoky Frei felt her biggest accomplishment today thus far was convincing Ebony to dress up some herself. Though it wasn’t really that hard to twist the woman’s arm since the Brit wasn’t exactly fashion brain dead, she just preferred ease and comfort most of the time, Cordelia had managed to get her guardian to change her hairstyle for once. A quick stop to the salon earlier this morning and Ebony looked like a different person with her chin length bob. Though luckily for all she was still sporting that lovely shade of lavender for some form of familiarity. The rest of her outfit consisted of simple khakis that fell just below her knees and wedges.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:37 pm
((Wasa - Appetizer table))

“Ah, yes!” She stood her umbrella at attention, the round leaf level as a spinning plate. “I should thank him for the invitation.” Her admiration for the man had only grown since their last meeting. The more she reflected on the scope of the Lab 305 project and how dedicated the doctor was to his craft, the more she sensed a kindred spirit or, at the very least, someone who didn’t make her obsession with her art seem so all consuming by comparison.

“Doctor!” She called out from a yet a few steps away from the appetizer table. “It’s a pleasure to see you again.” She inclined her head towards Vivi and the pink haired Frei at her side, a distant memory of the last party she attended reminding her to be polite when strolling into a conversation.  

Wasabineko

Dapper Citizen

Atmadja

Romantic Humorist

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:00 pm
((Vivi and Cesc -- Appetizer table))

"Oh! My goodness," Vivi exclaimed as the woman appeared close by, addressing the handsome, apron-wearing man behind the table as 'doctor'. Normally, this would have been the point in the conversation that Vivi would have turned and introduced herself to the newcomer, but her cherrywood eyes widened and her lips parted into a wide smile as the facts fell into place -- this was Dr. Kyou himself! And that thrill trumped her usual decorum. Her expression became bright, delighted. "Ah, what a pleasure to finally make your acquaintance, Dr. Kyou! I cannot thank you enough for all that you have done."

Cesc lifted his chin and turned slightly to take in the new woman -- she had a thing, a small leaf-thing on a handle, the use of which Cesc did not understand. And there was something, a mask? that seemed organic; he did not know if it was part of her or there for ornament. He offered her a faint smile, although he was not sure if she would notice him or not, since her point in coming this far was certainly for the doctor's benefit and not his own.

And beside her... a Raevan, like himself, only one of unspeakable delicacy and beauty. She was all warmth and softness, all flowers. His smile grew without him knowing, his gentle eyes full of admiration.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:53 pm
(( Ronan - Arriving))

Ronan strode down the garden path, breathing deep and appreciating the sights wholeheartedly. Not quite as good as the beach could have been, but he certainly wasn't objecting. All in all, this was still pretty amazing. Catching sight of the party he stretched out his arms as he took in the surroundings, His burgundy shirt moving with him. The ensemble was completed with dark jeans and a pair of brown strap sandals, and though the sandals weren't overly fashionable, Ronan didn't care much. They were comfortable and there was no way he would be wearing socks and shoes on a day as nice as this.

Already a decent amount of people were milling about party area and the selkie found himself at a loss as to where to start. Alex and Zeke were the only individuals from the lab he had really met, and they were no where to be seen at the moment. There also were a few people he had seen back at the beach party, but two years was a long time and if his memory had gotten fuzzy on them, he had a feeling theirs was even fuzzier. At least this garden part was a prime chance to be able to get know some more members of the lab.

Giving one last roll of his shoulder he walked into the party area proper, appraising the set up and finding himself pleased with what he saw. The lab certainly seemed to pull out all the stops for it's events. For a moment he considered heading right to the food tables, allured by their array (and especially the fish, who's aroma tickled temptingly at his nose) but eventually he redirected to one of the three sitting tables, resting his hand on the back of a chair and looking out to the rest of the company.

Arana Kamina

Space Bat

Skyeforge
Crew

Dapper Noob

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:06 pm
[[ Havain -- Arrival » Drinks Table ]]

Humming always seemed to pass the time so much quicker while scouring the earth for fresh herbs. Havain was on his weekly stroll looking for all the herbs that he could potentially use in some of his potions. He had a rather large order to fill within a few days and he hadn't even begun the process. Procuring the right herbs was the first step in any good alchemists plan. Havain never considered himself to be 'good' at alchemy, it was just a hobby of his after all. It wasn't until he was paid for an herbal salve for the first time that he realized his hobby really could lead to a profession. Ever since, he has tediously worked on different potions and herbal remedies and just trying to better himself for the sake of the few clients he had acquired.

Every week, Havain passed the same roads, the same trees, and the same grounds. He made his way down the cobblestone path, looking for fresh herbs along the sides of the roads. Today, however, he noticed something a little bit different. A party, perhaps? There were people all around, and what seemed to be these creatures that he hadn't known ever existed. Vain was in total shock. What were they? Floating creatures? He shook his head quickly and reopened his eyes to see if it was true. He stared at a couple who were at a nearby table. One had scorpion-like wings with black and red hair, the other had blue skin with what seemed to be a plethora of feathers atop her head with blue hair as well. They were talking, but they floated without legs to support themselves.

Vain slowly crept up in awe of these creatures. He hadn't ever seen anything like it before. Of course, he knew different races existed, but with his being sheltered, he hadn't experienced many of them. "H-how do they float?" he said aloud, but in a rather hushed tone about five feet from the two talking Raevan. He just stood in awe for the time being and couldn't believe what he was seeing. He almost had the urge to reach out and touch them as if they weren't real. He kept his distance ever so slightly.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:32 am
[[Aphismet and Rivener - Drinks Table]]
(Tags to Petite kitsune and Brolis)

Rivener let out a soft sigh of relief when the female offered her age. If she was two years old, there was no way she was created with any part of Roux at all. His bright, dazzling smile instantly shone two notches brighter and his entire demeanor lost that defensiveness, going back to his natural sultry and confident air.

"Hello Zurine," he repeated, nodding, committing it to memory. "That's a very pretty name. ...You reminded me of a Raevan named Roux, he was made of ice too. He's gone now though, so I'm afraid you won't be able to meet him. Not that you would have wanted to, he... he was not the easiest to get along with. But let's not talk about him. Where are you f-..."

Suddenly the human male who'd been inching closer spoke, and Rivener frowned over a shoulder, stretching out a wing to block Zurine from view. The Sigel couldn't help it- he felt big brotherly to most Freis, and wanted to keep them from any annoying people if he could. "If you've got questions, it's more polite to introduce yourself first, isn't it?" he growled with a sharp glare. Obviously his dislike of humans in general had only grown in the past year.  

Aphismet

Hilarious Receiver

DystopicRhythm

Eloquent Giver

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:30 am
((Leo and Ethiriel – arrival >> sitting area))
((tag to Arana))

It had certainly been a while since the two had been able to go out and about. Having been swamped with sudden school work, Leo had been trapped inside most of the time and, well, Ethiriel had been trapped along with him. He still wasn’t comfortable with letting her out alone, especially with her vision problems, but she hadn’t complained about being inside so often either way. Leo generally had the windows open for her so she could get some Sun and fresh air.

This, however, was a nice treat. The young Raeven hadn’t had the chance to meet many others, so she couldn’t deny that she was quite excited. Plus, they were surrounded by almost nothing but nature; who wouldn’t love that?

With Ethiriel in tow, Leo glanced around at the already-present guests. He remembered seeing Kyou once before at the beach, but couldn’t quite remember if they had met formally – oh, right, he had taken pictures of his Raeven, now that he recalled. He seemed busy, so greetings would have to wait. The only other person he recognized was Ronan, who he remembered to also be quite taken with their friend Anita. Gripping the camera that hung from his neck, he made his way over to the sitting tables to say hello. Regardless of what friendship they may or may not have had, he couldn’t remember what they could have talked about way back when, the company of another was better than none.

”Hey,” he called out, lifting his free hand in a wave. With his other, he gently lead Ethiriel along, who was more than content just soaking up the sunlight. ”We met at the beach, didn’t we?”

Once Leo’s greetings were finished, as far as Ethiriel was aware, she offered the man a bow. She could only assume she was actually facing him, considering he was out of her range of vision, but since Leonard faced the same direction, they must have been right in front of the man. ”Greetings,” she said, a gentle smile on her lips. He smelled rather strange compared to most people Leo greeted. Almost like salt and an unfamiliar type of vegetation, in a way. She found it rather odd, but it wasn’t her place to state such things.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:19 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

A curious looking podium with an open book sat in the center of what look like a fountain in front of the hedge maze. The words 'Garden Maze' was carefully cut and shaped out from a type of dense shrubbery, and attached to wire that arched around the book. It is a sign up podium for the hedge maze event! Interested people could write down their names into the book if they would like to participate, best if they have a companion with them because getting lost alone in a maze can be a scary thing. In the open book it states that the Garden Maze event starts after the first hour of the garden party, so participants should group up by then.

(( The garden maze will start on Monday, 8pm PST. So please sign up in the book and get your groups by then ))

Anachrophobia
Captain

a crybaby

Sparkly Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:31 am
[[Jez and Luka - Arrival >> Drinks Table]]
((Tag to Petite/Aphi))

It was hard to believe his last Lab party had been on the beach almost two years ago. And in those two years, there had been so much change. The most notable being the arrival of his charge Luka and the boy's continued growth. Watching his charge float along beside him, the acupuncturist pushed his sunglasses higher up the bridge of his nose. "Why don't you go ahead and meet some new people? I'm sure you're quite ready to be rid of me right now." He let out a slight chuckle, recalling the Frei's insistence of going to the event alone. In the recent months, Luka had been making a push to do things on his own. Which wasn't a bad thing really, but it seemed like the boy was pushing himself quite hard and fast these days. "I'll go and grab a drink before engaging on my quest to meet and greet some more guardians. You should see if Prajna or Ethiriel are here."

"No, it's fine. I'll just stay with you for a bit." If anything, the Satyr was unsettled by the sudden rippling that ran through him. It had been faint when they'd stepped out of the car, and now, it was just ringing. Floating ahead of his guardian, the Frei made his way to the table of drinks. In his distracted state, the Frei failed to see Zurine and Rivener; and Luka floated straight into the end of the Sigel's outstretched wing.

--[ Biotic Interactions ]--

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff