Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:50 pm
Wandering Forth

(( AIM RP between Orphe's Jacinthus & Jayoku's Takoda))

There was something, always something unnerving about the forest. Sure he lived there or rather on the outskirts of it but who could blame him? There were bugs in there.

Stepping outside of his small tree dwelling home Tokoda glanced around, it was day and his skin was dark as night. Sighing he slung a satchel over his shoulder before he lightly took to the branch, walking a few steps until he knew it could no longer tolerate his weight and lightly skipped over to another branch. It was an odd procession, after all for one as clumsy as he was it was a surprise that he could make it down at all without slipping and plummeting to his death. Not to say he was perfect on his descent, some moss slick with dew did cause him some panic, though with wildly flailing arms he managed to get his way down without injuring himself.

Once his toes touched the leaf carpeted floor he sighed in relief and instantly had to cover his mouth when a Nondwa fluttered past him. Blasted things... repressing the shudder that seemed to start at the depth of his soul he stepped forward.

Walking through the branches seemed like a cake walk compared to walking on the forest floor. Every second step was back peddled as a bug would scuttle past, he couldn't help but give little cries of surprise as he was startled each time. But he needed to find plants...plants for healing.

Lifting his gaze to the endless expanse of sky... at least it had felt endless, that was until he hit the border between Tale and Jauhar. He looked from the bright sky to the think branches of the forest, over his shoulder toward where he'd come from. He had wandered away from to get himself a bit of first hand training via hunting, had been following some possible quarry for a while, and now here was. Resting a hand on one hand, the other tightening around his walking stick. He could always go back, rethink this whole idea, but then again he'd been bragging that he would bring home some meat for the tribe to some of his peers, hadn't he? That meant that he really couldn't turn tail and run.

"Time to do this." He muttered to himself, lifting a hand to push it through his wind blown hair, shifted in place, then started forward. There must be something that he could catch in this place, right? If he caught something outside their borders then surely he would be able to rub that in their faces, right? Using that as his motivation he hurried along as into the beautiful forest, actually looking forward to roaming it, climbing those trees, and fighting something that was unknown to him. It didn't really take him long either to catch the sound of something in the forest, moving along the leaf covered ground, making strange squeaking sounds, "Strange." He murmured to himself, wondering if it were some sort of large bird or maybe a rodent? Pressing closer to the base of one tree, ducking down in the shadows, he started to creep forward in search of the source of the sound.

Tadoka had a hand pressed to his face, counting backwards from ten as it seemed the best way of calming himself down. Okay sure he could deal with people coming to him with bruises, cuts...but this forest he swore was trying to give him a heart attack. He wondered if he would be able to help with the bigger emergencies someday considering how jumpy he was at the mere sight of a small glow worm. Okay he could do this, he was nearly to the patch of herbs he had been shown before he just had to gather some up and hope that his travel back home wouldn't be as exciting. Though to anyone watching him, you would swear he was insane.

Creeping along the ground the Leaf Tribe member was trying to reach where he had heard the strange sounds coming from though as he got close enough to spot his 'prey' all he saw was a dark skinned man... which had him tightening his hand on his walking stick once more. One of the Shifter he thought to himself, wondering if the guy were a threat to him, to his people, who was he and how much of a danger did he present? That was the question and something that him moving to slid along through the shadows closer and closer, wanting to learn what he could about him. He'd heard about them, of course, but rarely saw other tribe members since it was only recently that he'd started to sneak out of his own village in his quest to become someone powerful and worthy of his village's respect. Maybe getting information on the neighboring tribe might do that in place of good prey? He suppose he would see soon enough, depending on which of those two things he was able to get his hands on.

Now the shifter didn't know he was being stalked, in fact he made a very poor hunter himself and often helped by his other tribesmen, some out of compassion and others pity. Even now he was just quietly picking plants, gingerly stroking each leaf as if measuring its healing properties by touch alone. He was still learning, yes learning just a prentice. But he hoped to some day to be a good one, one people could come to...though given how he was always teased for his fears he wondered idly if anyone would take him seriously.

Sighing he was about to turn when he felt the back of his hairs stand on end, he hadn't noticed the man from the leaf tribe...no instead he spotted a glowing worm, granted it wasn't glowing much right now... but it still had him backing up and into a tree in terror.

Jacinthus tilted his head to one side, watching as the man was suddenly backing up looking as though he were about to be attacked by something horrible... his eyes got a little wide before he moved closer to him as quickly as he could, readying the walking stick that he carried... then blinked a couple of times when he saw what it was that he had been pinned to the tree by, "Wait a second..." It was something big, wasn't something dangerous, wasn't even intimidating it was just a tiny little bug. Reaching a hand over he picked the little glow worm up onto his hand, looking it over before he looked over at the strange boy who was huddle against the tree, "Are you really afraid of this?" He asked, his tone a little demanding of the Shifter. He'd gone from wanting to follow him for information to wanting to just figure out if he was really, truly afraid of this bug of it there was something there that he didn't see...

Tadoka who initially been afraid of this bug, having every thought consumed by it was watching as someone...a leaf tribe member he was sure, move over to pick it up. He knew his fears were unfounded, there were plants more dangerous than this thing..and yet he couldn't figure out WHY anyone would willingly want to pick something like that up. When asked a question about his fear, he found he couldn't respond properly and thus only curtly nodded his head, his eyes trained on this horrible thing in the leaf tribe man's hand. Tadoka was then trying to shift his way around the tree, as if hoping that by doing this he could evade having to come across more.

When there was no response other then him trying to scoot around the tree the brunette couldn't help but to stare, "What the..." He was afraid of the little worm for real... instead of trying to flee from some sort of monstrous creature it was a teeny tiny bug. He wasn't sure if he were amused or depressed by this, at least he knew that if the Shifters were afraid of something as weak as bugs that they weren't really much to worry about were they? Though it had him wondering, what would think one do if he were to face off against one of the Alkidike? They were like giant bug women that were a danger to everyone due to how highly they thought of themselves. He was pretty well certain this guy might faint... and speak of fainting Jacinthus gave the worm a little toss to see if he could get it to land on the other Earthling.

He just caught the sight of the small bug flying in his direction and he shrieked. Loud and he ran for his life. Even if he was terrified he hardly made a sound running through the undergrowth and he even quickly managed to climb a tree. Shaking like a leaf on said tree he held the branch for dear life...only once the shuddering subsided did he realize he had dropped his bag of medicinal herbs....it was..somewhere back...there with that leaf tribe man. Now that he could think properly he sighed, realizing the other was merely teasing him and testing him. You would think he would be use to this sort of treatment since most of his other tribe members did similar things.

Jacinthus watched as the other man suddenly shrieked and ran off, leaving him standing there alone with the pack that the guy had dropped and the leaf tribe member was standing there a bit dumbfounded. So it would as though the man were in fact afraid of the bug for real. Here he had almost thought that it was just an act to try to lure others to him so that he could finish them off easily because they thought him so weak... but that was over estimating the man it would seem since he was in fact just afraid of the bug. Rolling his eyes he trotted over to the fallen pack, digging around through it, "Let's see if he left me anything useful." He murmured to himself, deciding that the pack and its contents might be useful to his people. Within was nothing that made much sense to him, various plants, and he had to guess that they were either medicinal or edible, maybe both? He was sure some of the healers back home might be able to make use of the stuff.

Giving a smirk he closed the pack, slung it over his shoulder and decided to shadow the Shifter for a little bit longer. He'd already dropped his pack, maybe he would be lucky and the guy would lead him to even more things that would be useful to the Leaf Tribe that was waiting for Jac back home. He was in such a good mood that, if he were stalking prey, that he would be whistling with delight over it. Instead he did all that he could to remain quiet as he continued to skulk along through the shadows. If only he could find some prey animals, it would make his return home that much more meaningful. At least he had... well, whatever it was the pack was filled with. Better a prize then no prize at all, right?

Having calmed himself down to the point where his heart no longer was trying to escape through his throat he was sitting cross legged on the same branch he had scrambled onto moments before. Using a trick he had learned to help distract himself from his troubles, he took deep breaths and noticed small things around him. The leaves on the tree he was sitting in, the pattern on each leaf, how that pattern was the life giving force of it. His gaze moved to the bark, the textures and the colors...Tadoka basically wouldn't let himself think about bugs and by pretending that they didn't exist he could appreciate the world around him.

Looking down he noticed that the leaf tribe member had started to follow him. Biased on the skill considering how fast he had dashed to this spot he figured the man must be fairly skilled at tracking.

He also noticed that he had his bag.

"Oh..thank you for bringing that. My elder will be most pleased if I didn't lose it."

Jacinthus was pretty sure that he'd lost the guy, having followed him as far as he could but after a time, and after a bit of looking around, he realized that he no longer saw any other sign of him... though it would seem that he was going to be rather lucky, wasn't he, as the very one that he was tracking suddenly spoke up drawing his attention up to where the other was perched. Lifting a hand he shifted the bag on his shoulder and his lips turned up into a smile, "Who said I was bringing it back to you? I found it laying on the forest floor, it's mine to claim." He said, wondering what the other would do if he suddenly found his pack stolen via the 'finders keepers' rule of life.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:28 pm
Wandering Forth 2

Tadoka watched as he lifted the bag onto his shoulder properly and went on to say it now belonged to him since he had found it abandoned on the forest floor. Tadoka was at first surprised by this, he was use to his own tribe members acting like this, often playing keep away on him but he hadn't counted on a leaf tribe member to do the same. Sighing he ran a hand through his hair, looking disappointed by this turn of events. He however didn't protest or even fight for the bag.

"I guess you have healers in your tribe as well, I hope they find it useful." Tadoka explains wondering if he should get down off the tree now, but instead he was going to wait and see how the other reacted. Maybe now that he knew he wasn't going to fight for the satchel...he wouldn't cause him any more trouble.

"Eh?" He hoped that they found it useful... was that it? He wasn't going to argue Wasn't going to demand his bag back? Needless to say he was a little confused, "You aren't going to do anything about it? Are all of the Shifters so quick to give up?" He asked of him, it would give the Leaf Tribe a lot less to worry about if this tribe was so timid. It meant that they could take whatever it was that they wanted of the weaker tribe. Though he wondered if his people would be as willing to take what was needed from these people as Jac had been to snag the pack of what he figured had to be medicine since the one that it had originally belonged to mentioned it being useful to the healers.

Seeing his confusion he figured it would be safe to come down off the branch he was on. "Well you obviously need it more than I do, if your going to take something you saw me drop. I hold no ill will to you though." Takoda explained as he quickly surveyed the scene before he shimmied down the tree, though only AFTER he had surveyed the ground for bugs.

"And...no, I don't give up...I just figure you must need it. I am...a bit unusual from the rest of my tribe." He explained as his feet touched down on the forest floor. He turned to face the other, noting the tan skin tone, the hair color. Their races were very similar if you put color aside. "If you like I can get you more."

Jacinthus starred at the Shifter for a long moment before he gave a groan, lifting a hand to rub it against his face. He really was ruining this, wasn't he? He was way too forgiving and just made him feel as though he were kicking a baby animal or something instead of taking needed supplies from a possibly dangerous member of a tribe that was unknown to Jacinthus. He lowered his hand to his side before he looked over at him, "I don't even know what it the stuff is, I am taking it for a possible reputation boost back home. Doesn't that at least... I don't know, bother you?" He asked, giving a bit of a sigh as he reached a hand out to pat the guy on the head, feeling a bit bad now for being so mean to him and stealing his things. He supposed would need to think of another way to impress his other people, teasing this one was just... no longer worth it. Though... he did say that he'd help him find some, didn't he? Hrm...

"Alright, think if I give this pack back to you that you can help me find... well whatever it is that is inside it?" Maybe he could use this guy's knowledge of the forest to get the herbs? That would mean that they would both get what they wanted right? "In exchange I can keep the bugs from eating you." He said with a bit of a chuckle, unable to help but to poke at the guy's amusing fear.

Takoda wasn't expecting to get the satchel back, he regarded the other fellow carefully before he smiled. A personal gaurd? That sounded good, though he had no idea if this leaf tribe member would be any good as one but it was still a comfort.

"Okay, I can teach you if your welling to learn." He replied rubbing the back of his head looking a bit bashful. Tokoda looked away from the other before he gazed around and then waved him closer. "This way," He began slowly moving forward, the way he walked seemed odd. Lightly placing each foot down testing the earth for bugs before he would fully put his weight down. It was slow but as he walked he pointed out the dangerous plants..the obviously poisonous ones. THe deceptively bright ones that actually weren't poisonous and could he toasted up quite nicely if you were in a pinch.

Willing to learn? Well that was debatable though he supposed that it would be useful to know what it was that he was picking, if it was poisonous or not, and various little facts like that. While he didn't mean to become a healer he still wanted to make sure that those in the village who were a part of that craft had what herbs they needed. He would need people to patch him up after all were he to get into a battle against the various beasts that roamed the land, other tribe members, and the terrain itself which present all sorts of dangers. Motioning with his hand he said, "Lead the way." He'd do his best to commit the information to member if for no other reason then to keep the plants from killing him.

Takoda was actually having a good time, in fact he had bent down to explain a strange little purple flower that was directly ahead of him. He was explaining that by counting the petals on the flower you could easily tell this one from another that was relatively similar in shape and color. This one was harmless because it had four petals...but the deadly one had only three.

So lost in thought he didn't notice the bug crawling up the side of the stem until it was close enough to his finger to lightly touch it.

There was a pause, a moment of recognition and then he was backpedaling so fast he actually physically crashed into the leaf tribe member.

"Four petals good, three bad, got it." He said, hoping that he would remember it that way instead of the reverse which would be unfortunate. He almost wished he had thought to bring a journal to take notes in... then again who would have thought that he would be learning out here instead of just hunting down some food? Nobody really needed a journal for hunting after all. One of his ears gave a twitch and he looked down at the bug that was creeping toward the Shifter and he opened his mouth, about to warn him, but wasn't really given a chance before the guy was suddenly panicking once more, throwing himself backwards, crashed into them, and landed the two of them in a heap.

"Ow..." He muttered, ears twitching again before he looked down at the one huddled against him and shook his head, "You really don't like those things, do you?" He could only imagine what the guy might do were he to run across one of the bigger breeds. Somehow he was certain that he might just keel over dead...

Takoda was still trying to calm himself down when he realized he was ...not just laying on top of the leaf tribe member but clutching him like he was his life life. He felt his cheeks color in embarrassment as he quickly rolled off of him and sat up trying to rub his arms from the goose bumps that had developed there. "A..ah...no.." He replied slowly, his fear from bugs seemed..unusual having grown up with them all over the place. "T..they always pop o..out at me...when I least expect it." Takoda continued as he sighed and rubbed his eyes, pondering if he could get some sleepy tea to help calm his nerves in town. "There are bigger ones...meaner ones...I am sure you are pondering how I've managed to live this long with out dying of a heart attack." The shifter gave a chuckle at his own extent. "I guess...my heart is just stubborn.."

Jac lifted a hand to his mouth, doing his best to smother the laughter that was attempting to escape from his lips. He didn't want to be mean and laugh at the guy but it was funny, the way that he was clinging to him as though he were home base and the bug army wouldn't be able to get at him, "Sorry, I was a little remiss in warning you about that one. I will try harder next time." He said, watching as his companion was suddenly fleeing from his lap, blushing up a storm. The leaf tribe man pushed up to his feet and set to brushing off, "They do seem to enjoy popping out at you, don't they? I wonder if they know you are afraid of them." It would make sense, they were so small that everyone probably always stepped on them, if must feel good to be able to scare the life out of someone the size of this one.

Glancing around he wondered if there were any of the 'bigger and meaner' ones around, he sure hoped not, if they were too big he was sure that this one would faint dead away and he'd be left to fight it off with a stick and make the attempt at protecting this guy, "Well let's hope that we don't see any of them, I'd rather you not have to carry you home on my back." He told the other guy, though he supposed he'd attempt it if he had to.

Takoda actually gave a laugh, shaking his head at his fear of bugs and ran a hand through his hair again before he mustered up the energy to stand. "W..well...I don't know about that...I am a pretty fa..fast runner. That's how I avoid most of them." He felt his heart slowing down his breath returning to normal and he looked to his...friend? Sure..friend, after all he did offer to protect him. "After all the small ones scare me the most...cause I don't see them till the last moment...the big ones however...well once you see one of their webs...you run. " He explained as he brushed himself off slowly before offering the other his hand. "You are very nice...for a leaf tribe member. My name is Takoda."

The smaller ones were the worst ones? That comment had him starring at the dark skinned male before he finally started to laugh, unable to hold it back any longer, "Wow, you really are a strange one, aren't you?" He asked of him, unable to help but to be amused by him and the fact that the little bitty bugs were the ones that he so feared, just saying that you could run from the big ones. He was a strange sort of guy, wasn't he? Certainly not what he'd thought he might be when he first ran across him. He was thinking that he would be a dangerous person, someone that he might have to face off against if he weren't careful. Instead he wasn't so bad, was he?

Blinking a couple times Jac found himself starring down at the offered hand as the Shifter told him that he was very nice for a leaf tribe member. "Thanks. I think?" He said as he took his hand, giving it a hand, "My name is Jacinthus, though just call me Jac or Jacin, your choice." It was far easier then Takoda having to say his whole name.

Takoda thought the others name was a bit of a mouthful but never expressed it, at being laughed at he merely shrugged it off like he did when others laughed at him. Honestly he was quite use to this sort of thing and it barely bothered him anymore. Helping Jac up he quickly looked him over to make sure nothing was clinging to him. Picking off leafs and moss clinging to him. "Well there is one bug I think you should be wary of...I mean I know you are a hunter..I can tell by the gear you have on you..but this creature..no...don't hunt it. It's body is made of crystal...it spins a web that is poison..if you are put onto it..you are induced to having nightmares..." He trailed off shivering at the description.

When the other told him that he knew he was a hunter, which was half true since he was hunting at the moment, but he was being told of a bug he shouldn't hunt. It was made of crystal, spun a web of nightmare poison, and he found himself lifting an eyebrow, "Is that so?" He really doubted he would want to hunt that sort of thing any time soon but thinking on surely hunting a monster made of crystal, a nightmare inducing, poisonous, dangerous, rather intimidating thing, surely that would get him some major bonus points back home, wouldn't it? He would make note of it, "Alright, I will leave it alone for now." He said, not wanting the other to think he was going to run off straight away to poke at the thing. Far from it in fact, one didn't want to attack without thinking, planning, and knowing how you were supposed to deal with it. One day though he would need to challenge one of them.

Takoda nodded his head, his pleasant expression looking rather solemn for a moment, perhaps speaking about the Menzuri brought back dark memories. Shaking his head he tiptoed past Jac waving him forward, he knew of a particular web that had long ago been abandoned. Perhaps if he pointed out the signs of the Menzuri's presence then he wouldn't have to worry about coming face to face with one. "I know of an abandoned web....if you want to see it. Just remember don't..t..touch it." He repressed a shudder, Takoda recalled when he first stumbled upon it. He had been terrified, inches away from landing in the web, but even after he scuttled into a nearby tree in panic there was no sign of the giant crystalline creature and ...considering it was a rich hunting spot for healing plants...he frequented the spot a lot.

The leaf tribe member seemed to be debating over it for a long moment before he gave a slow nod of his head, "Sure, I am rather curious to see one of their webs." Best to know what it was that he was supposed to avoid after all, the more he knew about the dangerous, crystal spiders the better. Especially if he wanted to come back to his forest in the future to roam around further. Given that he didn't know a lot about the various species that lived in this place perhaps finding this skittish, bug-phobic Shifter would turn out to be a blessing? Tightening his hand on his walking stick with one hand he motioned to Takoda with the other, "Let's get going, I want to see the web and then find the healing herbs you offered to find me." Bringing back both the information on the spiders as well as the herbs, not to mention making a possible ally in this particular Shifter, would make this adventure more then worth the trip. The only way that it could be better was if he were able to procure some meat as well but he wasn't going to be too greedy or else he might just end up bringing bad luck down on his head.

~ TBC (( J:14 O:14 ))  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm
Wandering Forth: Part 3

Nodding his head the shifter wished he could take to the trees, being on the ground made the poor Shifter nervous. How he thought being in the tree tops was safer from bugs than the ground...was any ones guess. After all bugs were all around them not just subjected to the forest floor. Still he was slow moving. Almost agonizingly slow. How he managed to get anywhere...in a day was a surprise. Takoda explained as they went along how it was never too cautionary to move slow when approaching a web, even if it was abandoned. Who knew if a new resident had taken up the web? Better to be safe.

"You see these creatures are the biggest things around here...made entirely of crystal, regular hunting methods..would prove useless against them." He explained continuing on to explain how they tend to stay close to area's where crystals are...and they matched those crystals. How they hide on the base of trees and spun webs that were very hard to see. Pausing he put a hand out to stop Jac before he pointed off to his right, in between two trees where the web sat, threads broken and dangling in the slight breeze.

"Really? I wonder how a Brute's hammer might fair against one." Sure the beasts were made of crystal but he was aware that those sorts were able to crush things with their massive hammers, it made him wonder how they would fair, if they could shatter one with it, and various other questions that instantly came to mind when he was told that regular hunting methods were useless. If regular wouldn't work his mind of course turned to something far, far more impressive then 'regular'. Shaking his head he tried to clear those rampant thoughts that were trying to overload his mind when he realized that the Shifter was still talking. Best that he pay attention since he did have some useful information.

Soon enough the impromptu lesson was ended when the other put up a hand and stopped him mid step, pointing out where the web was hanging and he gave a whistle, "Wow, it's pretty impressive and fairly well intact for being abandoned." He wondered if it was because there were likely few things that wanted to get tangled up in it. It made sense, if someone knew how dangerous it was of course they wouldn't go messing with the the web. At least that was what he hoped it was, better that it was still in such good shape because nobody was messing with it instead of it being in good shape due to a new resident. Still, there was some damage, a few threads were broken saying that it wasn't perfect so that surely meant it was still empty? He surely hoped so, "Looks neat." He said, taking a step closer, getting a better look at it, "So how big did you say the spiders were?" He asked curiously.

Takoda was unfamiliar with a lot of weapons, but he did know what a hammer was and thus was able to figure out a vague shape. He didn't go near the web, cautiously watching the leaf tribe member approach it. "It would be best...if you don't get too close...the web has a poison imbued in it...even abandoned it can be quite potent. " He explained putting a hand out as if to reach Jac and pull him back if need be. "They are fairly large, bigger than any shifter or leaf member I have seen." Takoda explained turning his head suddenly at the sound of a cracking twig, only to realize it was his own foot crushing it. Sighing he tried to calm himself down, "please..don't get any closer." The shifter begged, "remember they hide at the base...of trees."

Jacinthus gave a nod of his head, "I won't get close." He reassured the other guy, not wanting for Takoda to think that he meant to run head long into the web, he was just curious was all. When he other started to explain their size, he found himself a little intimidated. He didn't really think he was ready to face off against something that was bigger then him, made of crystal, and had a poisonous web, "Yeah, don't worry, it's not like I am planning on poking at the thing." Though he wondered if there was a way to use the webbing as a weapon... an idea he shoved aside instantly. No, that was a terrible idea and he just knew it. When the Shifter started to plead with him, sounding like a perfect mix of pathetic and cute, he turned to look at him. Was he shaking? This guy really did remind him of a jittery if loyal sort of animal... shaking his head to clear that line of thought he asked, "Would you rather we go dig around for plants?"

Takoda felt the rush of his breath he didn't realize he was holding and he nodded his head, yes it was a very good idea to have them move on. "There are some plants nearby, I am very cautious coming here...well..you never know right?" Takoda offered a small smile and moved towards the left pushing past a small tree carefully before proceeding forward. It was a short distance but he knelt down after a moment and pushing a bit of moss aside revealed some very colorful mushrooms. They weren't very big but they were very nutritious and he explained how a single mushroom could help bring down a fever, but he warned that if you ate too many of them you got...'funny'. "Like when or if your tribe has that liquid that burns and clouds your vision." he explained not sure if the leaf tribe had spirits.

It was almost funny how quick the Shifter was to fleeing the area that the web was set up at, saying there were plants nearby and that he was cautious coming here for them, "Really? You come here willingly?" He'd have almost thought that someone would need to lead him here or maybe twist his arm to make him come anywhere near where a bug was... then again he had made it clear that it was the little bitty bugs that freaked him out so despite being dangerous maybe the spiders weren't the sort that would make him shriek and crash into people in his haste to escape them? He followed along as the other revealed some small, colorful mushrooms that he explained were nutritious, could cure fevers, but could cause a 'funny' feeling if you ate to many of them, "Funny mushrooms, huh? Sounds... interesting." Not that he was eager to go eating some strange mushrooms with such a side effect but if he was desperate for food he supposed it could work.

When they mushrooms were compared to alcohol he made a face, "Yeah, I think I will avoid those shrooms unless I am starving or with fever." He said, nose wrinkling a bit at the thought of getting messed up on mushrooms. It would be an even worse idea to eat too many of them in the middle of a place like this forest what with the spiders. He'd make sure to make a note on the mushrooms when he got home as well.

Takoda nodded his head and plucked only a few before placing them in his satchel. He wasn't the type to strip an area bare of its resources, he would come back in a couple of days to pick a few more. Quietly he went about showing Jac what plants were safe to eat, which were dangerous (which happened to be quite a few), he also explained the benefits of using moss like a gauze if one was wounded. The benefits of using it when in a tight situation as it would absorb blood and help stem the loss of it. Takoda was very chatty, not very many people were willing to listen to him go on and on about the benefits of plants. "You see my mother knew them a lot better than me, she was a healer..and I hope to be one too, though I am not sure if I will be any good at the magic part." Takoda explained lapsing into a bit of his past and about himself, he quieted though as he realized what he had said and busied himself with showing Jac another plant, this one a tuber, one he had to dig out of the ground using his fingers. "You know..these are quite good in stew."

The leaf tribesman gave pause, turned to look over at Takoda as he made mention of his mother, then gave a twitch one of one ear when he realized that he was use words that made it seem passed tense, causing him to wonder idly if something had happened to the woman. It was on the tip of his tongue to ask but something in the back of his head screamed at him that it would be a terrible idea to ask such a question of someone that he barely knew. It was too personal and it wasn't his place to ask, perhaps when they became closer friends. That thought lead to him wondering about that, did that mean he wanted to be closer friends with him instead of having him as a possible ally and someone he learned random plant and Jauhar related information from? Interesting.

"Don't feel bad if it takes you a bit to get the magic thing, believe me, not everyone has that skill." He said, making a bit of a face, "I plan to become a swordsman myself." Swinging a sword around he could do but magic? That was highly doubtful, from what he'd seen thus far he hadn't show any real aptitude and he wasn't sure if he should be upset about that. He felt at times as if he might be missing out at something when he watched others practicing with such a power but if that wasn't what he was meant to do he wouldn't stress over it. He'd find other ways to aid the tribe, "You just have to work hard at what you are good at if you want to aid your people and things will work out." At least that was his own personal motto. The Shifter seemed to fall silent, making him wonder what it was he was thinking about, before he was suddenly being presented with another plant that he was just dug out of the ground, "Stew, huh? That sounds promising. How can you tell where they are buried?"

Takoda realized he just...'knew' where these spots where, he had to think of what were the tell tale signs of where the tubers lived. "Well...usually they are near these specific trees, the soil has to have to be fairly dry, though if it has rained recently you will notice them right away cause they suck up the water like..well..a thirsty animal." The shifter explained as he handed the tuber to Jac slowly as if he was still unsure if they were good terms still.

"Tell me...do you live in the trees?"

Jacin looked the tuber over in a curious manner, having half a mind to try one now but decided that it likely wasn't going to be very good raw. Instead he tucked it away, "Around trees, huh? Alright, I will keep an eye out for such signs." So they drank up a lot of water did they? He wasn't sure if he would really notice the things, even if he were looking, but he'd make the attempt, "Let's dig up a few more, I want to bring back a worthy prize to my tribe." He told him, squatting down to look for more of the tuber before the other was asking if he lived in the trees, "Huh? Oh, yeah. There is a lot of sand where I come from but our villages are in sporadic gatherings of trees that can be found here and there. We make our villages and homes in and among such places." They were oasis dwellers in a way and travel could be a pain since there was such large expanses of savanna and sand. Luckily for this particular journey it wasn't that long a journey between here and home, "Why?"

Rubbing the back of his head he chuckled mostly to himself, "Ah well I may live near the edge of the forest, but I've never really stepped out beyond it...I don't know much about the leaf tribe and your the first I can recall clearly." Takoda explained as he sat down cross legged, though only after inspecting the ground for bugs, and looked up to him. "You traveled far to come into the forest...you were hunting? What prey were you seeking?" One could tell the poor man was trying to change the subject, as if embarrassed by his earlier question but didn't dare press on with it.

Plopping down on the ground in front of the Shifter he gave a laugh, "Really? Well I guess then it's safe to admit that you are the first Shifter I've ever seen so close and the first I've talked to. This is a rather interesting experience for sure." He was learning more then he had thought he'd learn from what was supposed to be a hunting trip, "Yeah, it's was a hunting trip. As for what I was hunting for I was just looking for meat, we tend to have a lot of other, easier to obtain foods and meat only on occasion. I thought I'd try to bring some home for us." As well as for himself, he enjoyed eating meat but he felt they didn't have it nearly often enough and not nearly as often as he felt his people deserved. He would find some of it for them! Even if it weren't today he would do so soon.

~ TBC (( J:20 O:20 ))  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:10 pm
Wandering Forth: Part 4

Takoda listened nodding his head slowly before he reached into his satchel and took out a tuber like the one he had handed to Jac earlier. He bit into it slowly, it was tough raw and tasted a lot better when it was cooked, but he was getting hungry and this would bite the edge off of it.

"Well...there isn't much meat here..unless you consider..." Takoda gave a shudder, "Bug..meat." He offered a bite to Jac, wondering if he would take a bite. "We fish as well, but red meat is harder to come by...its often smaller animals..nothing very large."

Jacin looked at the tuber he was being offer, giving it a long look, then sighed and reached out to take it from him, "This all you have?" He shouldn't be picky, it was something after all, right? Wrinkling his nose up he took a bite out of it, chewed slowly, the swallowed hard, "Ahh... well that's... something." He really did hope that it tasted better when it was cooked. Maybe if some spice was added to it too? He could hope for the best he thought to himself before handing it back. At the mention of bug meat he lifted and eyebrow, "Bug meat? I wonder how that might taste." He should try to hunt one of those down, kill and cook it, see if it were any good before he thought about bringing it home to his people. Better then nothing and if it tasted alright then he wouldn't mind where it came from.

"Yeah, it's a pain to find it, not to mention that it can be a pain to fill everyone on what can be caught. I might take your suggestion on the bugs... though I think I will try to taste it first before sharing. I dont' want to bring home something that doesn't taste good to my people." He told Takoda, then gave a grin, "Should I tell you how they taste?" He asked of his companion.

Tadoka listened and watched as he chewed and swallowed the tubor before he offered a small smile, at the question of the bug meat he looked away slowly. "Ah well...it's hard to describe...most of it is white flesh,it can be dried and cured for later use. " Takoda explained as he looked around, "I don't like to think about where the meat comes from honestly...I mean eating bugs...just..doesn't sound right." He fiddled with the button on his satchel before he perked up slightly, "But bug meat is suppose to be very good for you, we don't need a lot to keep us going. So I suppose it is good in that aspect." Rocking backwards he caught himself from falling and leaned on his arms looking up at the canopy. "Uh.. t..that's okay. I am sure I can imagine it. We have a river though that has fish, maybe...next time I can take you there."

It was the fact that the Shifter looked so ill about the idea of eating a bug that made him that much more curious about it, he would be sure to try that out soon enough. What was better was he had the perfect person to try to get to eat it as well. This was going to be fun! One of Jacin's ears gave a twitch before he gave a smile, "Well, so long as it tastes alright I don't care where it comes from. Food is food." So long as it did the job and tasted alright he would hunt down and spite roast some bugs! When it was mentioned that it was supposed to be good for you it only drove him that more to get some of the bug meat, "Well I will be sure to hunt some of it down. It's sure to be easier to catch then the things I have been chasing after of late."

A little chuckle escaped from him as the other said that it was okay, "Not wanting to try it? If you're sure I will keep it all for myself." He joked, then perked up at the mention of them going to a river to fishing next time they met up, "Fishing, huh? That sounds good by me. I am all for trying the whole fishing thing." He'd never been fishing, had only actually had fish in the dried forms when his people got some of it through trading, and had to admit that he was curious about what they might look and taste like when they weren't completely dried out and crunchy.

Takoda offered a small smile chuckling lightly at the other, he was...friendly which was a pleasant surprise, but he couldn't sit here all day. His fear of the leaf tribe member had long since past, after all if he was going to kill him he could of done it by now couldn't he? "Well, I can't promise I am any good at it either, I normally trade for it as well with my herbs." The shifter explained as he slowly went to stand up, inspecting the air before him quickly as if to make sure that there were no lingering bugs in the area. "But we can try, there is a girl I know of who is good with hooks, I will trade some things for a few of them." Looking to Jac he offered a hand up. "I should get going though...how about we meet in three days time in this same spot? I can find it easily enough, you?"

The leaf tribe member gave a nod of his head, so the Shifter wasn't all that good at fishing either? Good, that meant that he wouldn't look like a fool around him, "Sounds good, we can figure it out together and bring back a bunch of food for our tribes." He said, all for that... though given the walk back he might need to bring some salt with him to keep the fish from going bad between where they were going and his own village. He would need a pack as well to keep the salted fish in as well. Already making plans on what all he would need to bring the fish home safely, "Alright, you bring the hooks, I will bring what I can." He told him, giving a smile as he took the Shifter's hand and pulled himself up to his feet.

Stretching out all over the leaf man snatched up his walking stick and leaned against it, "You going to be alright getting back?" He asked of him, wanting to make sure that he wasn't going to get attacked and chased by any little bugs between here and... well, wherever it was that he lived. Not that he could exactly following him home, huh? He really needed to be on his way here soon.

Takoda was surprised by the leaf members concern about him getting home. "Oh don't worry about me, I manage." Takoda stated with a small laugh, after all how else would he manage to get to others in his own tribe? He was more comfortable in the tree tops the ground felt...unsafe. Heading towards the closest tree he went to look at it, examine it before he finally hefted his satchel and jumped for the closest branch and hefted himself up quite easily onto it. "I will see you in three days then...how about in the morning? The fish tend to be more...hungry then." Tadoka explained as he perched on the branch looking down at Jac. "Have a safe travel home."

When Takoda said that he would manage he gave a nod of his head, "Alright, so long as your are sure." He said, lifting his walking stick up to let it rest against one of his shoulders, "I will see you in three days then." He told him as he watched the other man as he perched up in the tree. He found himself wondering if he was actually going to see him again, if the two of them were meant to find each other again based on whatever luck led them to meet the first time. He supposed he would only know if he showed up himself, until then he had a lot to do, up to and including showing off to a certain someone all the interesting things he'd found in the forest, "Later!" He called out, giving a wave of one hand before he set on his way. He wanted to see if he could find more of the tubers and various other interesting fiddly bits that Takoda had showed him. Not to mention that he wanted to see if he could hunt down some good sized bugs on his way out as well. Might as well bring them home and cook them there, right?

END (( J:24 O:24 ))

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:31 am
Delicious Forest Treasures

After he parted ways with the shifter, Takoda, Jacin had thrown himself into the task that was finding more the various things that he had been taught about so that he could bring them home with him. The first thing he went after were the tubers, inspecting the ones that he'd been given, as well as the steps that were growing out of the top of them. The leaves weren't exactly special or easy to spot but at least they were a clue and after a few failures to dig up the right thing he found himself with a good sized pile of the tubers, "Alright, that should be enough of these for now." He didn't want to take them all, especially if they didn't turn out as well as he was hoping that they would be after cooked up. He was going to the be the first one in his village to cook them up, while making an attempt at seasoning, and then he'd be the first to taste them as well. He wanted to make sure that they were safe enough and tasty enough, not wanting to subject the people he care about so much with terrible food. How useful would he be to his people if he brought them crummy vegetables after all? Especially when they found their own crummy veggies he thought to himself, giving a bit of a toothy grin at the thought before he shrugged out of the shirt that he wearing at the moment.

Tying the sleeves together he made it into a makeshift pack, one that he stuffed full of the tubers, before he tied off the bottom it as well, "There we go, that will make them easier to carrying around." He said to himself, deciding that coming as far as this without a pack had been a foolish idea and that he would be sure to bring a big one next time so that he could stock up on all of the wonderful things that this strange forest had to offer him. Before that though there was still the matter of the bugs, wasn't there? He was sure that Takoda would think him crazy if he actually did hunt down, catch, and cook himself some bugs but he meant to do just that. While it might not seem like the most appetizing of species he didn't really care, so long as they tasted good either on their own or with spices, then Jacinthus would be happy with them. Not to mention that they would be a new source of protein for his people and that was something that made it even more worth trying them. Tilting his head to one side he found himself trying to figure out if bugs would be the worst thing that he'd ever eaten in his life... they were pretty high up there, weren't they? Oh well, nothing a little salt couldn't fix!

Tying the shirt turned back to his walking stick he picked it up and rested it over his shoulder before he started forward, his green eyes flicking from side to side, trying to spot any bugs. He bet that if he had Tadoka here as bait there would be plenty of bugs, they seemed to enjoy appearing just to scare the life out of that poor guy, didn't they? Just thinking about the way that he'd shrieked and tackled Jacinthus just to escape one of them when it had slipped out of the foliage to touch the guy's hand, it was really priceless. At the same time he couldn't help but to worry about him a little. If it was someone from his tribe, someone related to him or just friendly with him, that acted in the same was as Takoda he really wouldn't think to let him wander around on his own. If anything he felt that the guy should have a bodyguard of his own. One that had a good sized weapon that was designed for smashing the various bugs that seemed to be making it their life's work to torment the poor shifter. He supposed that it wasn't really his place though to decide what should happen to someone who wasn't even a part of his tribe, maybe the Shifter did things differently then the Leaf Tribe did? Maybe letting him go out on his own was there was of trying to aid him in becoming stronger so that he could better take care of himself? It was a possibility but one that Jacin didn't find favorable since it meant that Takoda could very well be eaten by something big and scary between now and their next meeting and he would never know what had happened to him.

Shoving aside such worrisome and dark thoughts he decided that it wasn't his place to worry about Tokada, nor was it his place to decide who in the Shifter Tribe should do what. He had a hard enough time most days trying to carrel his sister who was about as bad as he was when it came to wander off for adventure and treasure seeking, if no more so. Until he got his own matters, as well as his sister, more in hand he really shouldn't think on what should be done about the bug fearing Takoda. Even if he still felt strong that he needed to be tended to. Walking along through the forest, moving slowly but surely toward the direction of home, he made sure to scan in any and all directions, as well as keeping his ears open for any sounds, that would say that what he was looking for now was nearby.

Everything he was thinking about was suddenly gone in a flash as a good sized insect went buzzing by him, making a couple of daring, if stupid, circles around him only to land on a tree nearby. He starred at it for a long moment before he slowly lowered his his walking stick and the makeshift bag tied to it to the ground, "Here's my chance." It was good sized bug, seemed to be moving a bit on the slow side, and didn't seem to think that Jacinthus was any sort of threat at all. As such that meant that he had a chance to sneak up on it and give it a good whack before it even knew what was happening! Looking around quickly he spotted something that would serve well in this case, that being a rock that he felt would fit well in his fist and scooped it up, "Here goes." He said before he rushed forward, lifted the weapon up, and brought it down against what he assumed was the head of the bug.

The beastly sized bug flailed around for a moment after the blow, tried to take to the air, only to crash to the ground before flailing around a moment more. Not wanting to cause the thing to suffer, bug or not, he gave it another good smack to finish it off before he set to poking at it with his toe. Seemed dead enough he thought to himself before he grabbed it by one of it's large wings and carried it over to where his other things were. Alright, so he had one large sized bug, surely containing enough meat for him to sample it, along with a bag of tubers, a few herbs, and some various knowledge on at least this area of Jauhar. Surely that would be enough to take home, right? That all depended up course upon what it was that his sister was bringing home today. The best way to decide if he'd had a good day when it came down to it was to compare what he was able to collect to what she was able to collect, so long as what he brought back was equal to or better then what she had then he knew that he was doing alright. The last thing that he wanted was to fall behind his little sister after all, nothing would be worse then that since he knew for a fact that she would spend the rest of the night pointing and laughing at him, making it so that he had to try doubly hard the next day to make up for it.

"There is no way that she could have beat me this time." He knew it for a fact! There was just no way! He'd traveled this far, allied himself with a Shifter, explored the words, got a few lessons in herbology that he wasn't expecting to get, even a lesson on crystal spiders and tubers, there was no way in Tale that Kailana was going to beat him today. Jacinthus gave a nod of his head as he untied the bag, stuffing the bug in with the tubers, and then retied it, "She is going to be in shock when she sees all that I have." He said in a very determined voice before he pushed to his feet, rested the stick over one shoulder once more, and was again on his way. He only needed the one bug he supposed, not wanting to waste them or their lives if it turned out that they tasted like old leather or something. The last thing he wanted to do after all was to kill something without needing to kill it. If anything he would prefer to preserve what life he could... unless it was dangerous, delicious, or picking on someone he cared about that was, then all bets were off. Whistling to himself the Leaf Tribe member was soon on his way toward home, eager to get back so that he could get to cooking! It had to be the first time that he ever actually looked forward to such a task, normally handing that chore off to Kailana, telling her that it was woman's work. Something that usually earned him a well deserved kick in the pants.

(( Word Count: 1661 ))

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:35 am
Sibling Rivalry Much?

(( AIM RP between Orphe's Jacinthus & Jayoku's Keilana ))

Jacin found himself sitting over a little fire at the foot of the tree where his home was built, his green eyes unblinking, watching as the flames danced around the bugs that he'd been able to catch while in Jauhar. They were the size of his fist, skewered on sticks, and they seemed to be cooking well enough though he had to admit he had no idea how to tell if they were done. Sitting next to them, also skewered on sticks and hanging over the open flames, were some of the tubers that he'd dug up as well. He figured that the best idea was to take all of the stuff that Takoda had showed him and cook it up for himself, wanting to eat it first, to make sure that it was all safe. Better that he got the stomach ache instead of his entire tribe because it turned out one of the things or the other didn't sit well with the digestion of a leaf tribesman like it might a shifter.

"They smell good." He mused to himself, picking up another stick so that he could set to poking at the bug, wondering against how one was supposed to know when it was time to eat them. Unlike other things he'd prepared it didn't seem as though these guys were going to a golden brown color when it was time to remove them from the fire and eat. It was going to be a touch and go thing in which he was going to have to pray that he got right before digging in. The tubers on the other hand, he was pretty sure they were getting close to do and he had a few things sitting nearby that he meant to season those, as well as the bug meat, with to make it taste that much better. All he needed now was a poor, unsuspecting person to be his dinner guest, someone that would share the strange meat of bugs and veggies with him. Ears twitching a little he lifted his head and looked around the area, trying to spot someone that would end up that 'lucky' person who he shared with...

It had been a long hot day, too hot and too long, her feet hurt from walking so far, her back hurt cause she slipped and fell trying to grab a mouse trapped in a snare, the darn bugger was so hoppy and agile she had a b***h of a time trying not to be bit. Keilana almost felt bad having to kill it, it was quite cute. Well until it revealed its sharp teeth, then all sympathy left her and she beat it with a rock. It was in her kill bag. Her other bag josteled full of other random things she had found while out. Many things were shiny, and a few looks promising for what they could use at home. A skull of a creature she couldn't quite recognize but was glad she didn't meet it alive.

As she came upon the one person she cared about in this world she cuffed him in the back of the head before moving to sit down beside him.

"Aaahhh...that feels good." Her voice came out tired and sore as she was, she placed her bag heavily beside her before she peered at the fire her brother was tending. "ohhhhhh is that...a..wait...a bug?" Leaning back Keilana looked repulsed.

Jacin gave a squeak and a jump when he was given the smack, turning instantly to see who was wanting to start in on him, not about to back down... that was until he saw who it was and he found himself relaxing almost instantly, "Hello there, little Kei, good to see that you are back safe and sound." He said in an affectionate manner despite the greeting that she had given him. Were it anyone else he might have started a fight then and there but here... well he didn't want to do anything spoil her he thought to himself before his gaze went back to the fire and he gave a grin, "Yep! I hear that they are supposed to be pretty good for you so I figured I would try a couple of them. If they taste any good that will be another source of meat for us, one that really isn't too terribly dangerous." He said, sounding quite proud of himself and this potential discovery. It would be a wonderful thing if they tasted even remotely in the general area of good.

The look she gave him probably said more than her next words, but sighing she reached her arms over her head and stretched them out. "And I bet whoever told you that was just messing with you, seeing if you would eat one." A sidewise glance and she noticed the unfamiliar tubers cooking as well, her eyebrows furrowed as she looked slightly away. "I don't recognize those bugs or...that root. Just where did you go hunting today?" She inquired sounding nonchalant as if it hardly bothered her that her brother was probably somewhere getting himself in huge amounts of danger or lost. It bothered her more so...was who told her brother to try and eat bugs. BUGS? Seriously now..

"Just messing with me?" He tilted his head to one side in a curious manner, wondering if that were the case. Takoda didn't seem to like bugs at all, maybe he wanted him to go hunting them all done for him? It was possible he supposed but at the same time he didn't seem the sort to try to hurt others or torment them... at least he didn't think so. He had only hung out with the guy for a while, so he could be wrong, but he wanted to believe in him. When he was asked where he'd gone hunting he look from side to side then gave a devious sort of grin, "Further out then you I bet." He told her, making a motion with his hand in the direction that he'd gone.

Scowling she only cuffed him harder on the shoulder to show her annoyance before looking away and picking up her back began to rifle through it as if distracted. He was the only thing that had meaning to her, if she lost him ..well she didn't want to think that far. She took out the few things she gathered, the animal skull most of the razor sharp teeth still intact, a few glittering shards of crystal she managed to dislodge from the earth without cutting herself. "Meanwhile I caught us some meat," She boasted as she emptied the sack showing the two mice bodies and the third looking like it had been..smashed rather thoroughly. The longer though those bugs were cooking the more hungry she found herself being.

Jacin looked over what it was that his sister had brought back with her before his lips turned up into a bit of a grin, "That is a pretty neat looking skull, I have to admit." He said as he gave it a little poke, "That will look great if we hang up in the house." They had all manner of strange things hanging up around their place, various treasures that the two of them had found during their many excursions from place to place. When she dumped out the meat he couldn't help but to give a bit of a laugh, "Well so long as we were both scraping bottom when it comes to the meat that we brought home." He said, unable to help but to be amused. He'd brought back some bugs while Kei had brought back mice, "Maybe they will go well together." He suggested, thinking that a nice 'pest soup' would be both amusing as well as tasty, if they were lucky at least.

He reached over to catch hold of his shirt which he'd made into a makeshift pack, dragging it closer, "I mostly have more of the tubers in here, I dug up a good amount of them, hoping that they would be as good as I was informed that they were. They are mostly supposed to be for stew but I wanted to try them, as well as the bugs, plain before I went wasting all the other ingredients." He explained, "I also brought some various herbs but I dropped those off with the healers already." They weren't something that he knew all that much about but it would seem that thought he'd delivered them to seemed to be pretty happy with them, something he was glad for.

Her hard pretense softened at the compliment of the skull, it was a pretty awesome find wasn't it? Smiling she nodded her head and stretched her fingers out cracking them before looking him over in a side wise glance. Taking out a little knife from her belt she gave a soft chuckle as she began to gut and skin the tiny hapless creatures. Right now all she could think of was how their lives were taken to feed them and how pathetic it felt to be ...doing this to such a small mouthful of protein. Looking over she looked to the roots and shook her head before sighing and placing the guts into the fire and then putting the small rodents on stick and placing them near the hot coals to let them cook.

"Well....? Have you tried those?" She inquired using a booted shoe to pock a stick near the fire. She was unhappy he went into the forest, unhappy he met someone there...but she couldn't control her brother. Maybe though she could knock some sense into him.

The leaf boy watched for a moment as his sister so quickly and efficiently gutted the rodents and soon enough they were cooking along side the bugs, "Well I had a bite of one of the tubers earlier, though raw it wasn't so good and a bit on the tough, crunchy side. They have seemed as though they have been softening a bit since being put over the fire and they smell good too. As for the bugs... not yet. I really want to try them first, to make sure they are good enough to share, but I am building up my courage to do so." He said with a laugh, poking at the bug again, "Not to mention that I have no idea how to tell when bugs are done since you just cook them in their own shell instead of removing the meat like with most other creatures."

Looking over to him she then drew up her legs and leaned her arms on her knee's. Chuckling she tucked some hair behind an ear before she stared at the bugs cooking on the spit, the smell of them were starting to eat at her and she felt her stomach clench at the mere thought of biting into one of those...things. Still...the tubers were smelling pretty good and the mice wouldn't be ready for awhile yet.

"Well...hope about we both try it at the same time?" Keilana offered more bravely than she really felt, but she didn't want her brother to have to face something as weird as eating bugs alone. "That way we have two opinions on whether is is really edible or not." She suggested trying to shift her weight on the uncomfortable ground.

Jacin gave a bit of a smile when his sister offered to eat the bugs along with him, "You really want to? Well that would be a help to me." It would also bolster his courage since there was no way that he could allow her to eat them without him, he would just look like a wimp then and that wasn't something that he could allow, "Alright then, here we go..." He said, reaching over to get the stick that the bug was on, inspecting it a moment before laying it on the ground between them, "I will crack the shell open with my knife then we can each try a bit of it." He told her, drawing the knife that he used for all manner of chores, took a breath before he then set to work using it's sharp blade to break into the thick exoskeleton of the bug that seemed as though it had worked as a wondrous way to cook the animal. He would need to keep it in mind, maybe if they found a big enough bug they could use the empty shell as a large pot to cook other things in.

After the shell of the bug was pried open he starred down at it in a curious manner, poked at the meat inside a couple times with the tip of his knife, then set about cutting a couple pieces free of it, "Alright, two pieces, the same size, one for each of us. Ready?"

Trying to bolster up her courage to eat these things with her brother she felt her courage failing her. It didn't help that he had to crack open the shell and pry it open revealing the steaming flesh inside. Swallowing she bit the inside of her cheek as she took the piece offered to her, holding the delicate looking meet in her hand and hoping it from hand to hand as it was still quite hot. After blowing on it she swallowed again and then looking to her brother cocked him a challenging smile. "Well...down the hatch." Keilana stated boldly as she then quickly and without though popped the meat into her mouth and bit down.

Keilana had a look of surprise on her face. The meat actually wasn't all that bad, it kinda had the texture of fish, well not the dried fish but the fresh fish she recalled having when she was a little girl. The flavor wasn't repulsive..nor was is savory, but maybe with some spices. Swallowing she tilted her head to the side as if now expecting to come down with some kind of serious stomach illness due to the bug meat. When nothing happened she gave her brother the thumbs up. "Looks like a new source of food for us. What did you think?"

At the same time that Kei tossed the food into her mouth Jacin did the same, not about to look weak by letting her do it first. He sat there for a long moment, a little afraid that it was going to be something horrible, before he paused, started to chew, then gave a little nod of his head, "This isn't so bad, especially given it was just baked over an open flame. Now, wanna try the tubers? We can see if all of it will go together with the mice in a stew." That would actually be a rather hearty soup, one that would be good for them to take with them when they were wandering around on their journeys from place to place as they sought out their various prizes, whatever those might be on a given day.

Nodding her head she used her own knife to cut off more of the bug flesh and popping into her mouth. If you didn't look at it or acknowledge it was insect meat it was easier on the mind and stomach. Her head turned to the roots he was mentioning and nodded her head, now that her stomach had a taste of food it demanded more. Reaching forward she rotated the mice so they wouldn't burn on the one side. "Yeah add some spices and pretend if isn't a bug and its actually quite good. It will be nice to get more protein in our diets." She commented as she cocked her head to the side and lightly punched his arm. "Okay I'll admit it you had a better haul than I." She chuckled, "You will have to take me with you next time, that way we could get even more."

Unable to help it Jacin set to laughing when he was told that if they added spiced and pretended it wasn't a bug that ti would be good, "Alright, we will make up another name for this sort of meat other then calling it by what name it's actually given." He promised, deciding that it was likely for the best. If one didn't actually look at the main body while eating it made the experience that much more enjoyable for sure. The punch to the arm that he got next, something he was rather used to and saw as a sign of affection more then anything else, caused him to turn to look over at her... and what she said next caused him to all but glow in delight, "Oh really?" He asked, then threw his over his head, in a victory pose.

"Eh? Take you with? Hrm... maybe, there are some crazy dangerous things there though, like a crystal spider with a poisonous web, I would hate to put my baby sister in danger." He said, looking as though he were deep in thought over the entire idea, arms slowly lowering down to rest in his lap and he considered it. He would like her along, he would feel better about it after all and could look after her, but at the same time would prefer her to stay somewhere safe while he was out meandering through the most dangerous of places... hrm.

Rolling her eyes she reared a hand back as if to deck him and then decided against it. No sense starting a fight with him. Eating some of the tuber a bit...too fast the felt it burn her tongue, her eyes betrayed her pain though she didn't say anything and just continued to chew. Seriously when was he going to treat her like a adult? She may be his little sister but she was just as worried about him wandering around the dangerous woods as he was about her. "Oh give me a break Jac, I mean it would be more productive if I came." She tried to reason with him, trying to keep her temper in check. The mentioning of a giant spider creature was enough to send shivers down her spine, but she wouldn't admit that the sound of it was mildly terrifying. "I can't just stay here...wandering around the same hunting grounds in hope something new will suddenly appear."

~ TBC (( J:8 O:8 ))  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:25 pm
Sibling Rivalry Much? : Part 2

(( AIM RP between Orphe's Jacinthus & Jayoku's Keilana ))

Jacin watched his sister as she tried to hide the fact that she had burned her tongue on the tuber, even going so far as the continue to chew on it to appear as though she were fine even though her eyes had a slightly glassy appearance to them. Giving a little shake of his head he turned back to the fire, "I know it might be more productive but I just... worry. I know that if you are hunting nearby then nothing bad will get you like..." He trailed off, cleared his throat, seemed to be struggling with his words then finished with, "Nothing bad will get you. I prefer knowing that you are safe when I go out." Though he knew she was right, nothing spectacular would show up before her if she was wandering around the same places constantly. It was because he started to go further and further out that he was running into the discoveries that he was. It just worried him to let her go.

Keilana sat in silence chewing the tuber and trying to focus on the fact it wasn't tough and actually had a quite pleasant taste, but all she could think of was how to phrase her next words without lashing out at him. Though she was sorely tempted to beat him to a pulp. What did he think she was? Some fragile little creature that needed to be shielded from the world?

"You just think I'd find better things than you if I went." Keil started off boldly as if hoping to use reverse psychology on him to get her way.

Jacin turned to look over at her for a long moment before his lips twisted up into a grin, "I could walk you to the forest myself and point you at the treasure and you still wouldn't find more then me." He told her in a matter-of-fact manner before he was instantly on his feet to dodge the punch that he knew was coming. Turning around to face her, hands up in a defensive manner he said in a playful manner, "I think instead you should wait here for me to bring back stuff for you to cook, you are a woman after all." Maybe if he baited her she would forget about the desire to go as far as he had gone and instead just come after him with killing intent. It was almost preferable. Aside from that whole dying part at least.

Chewing on the inside of her cheek she tried to not take the bait, she had raised her arm back to punch him hard on the shoulder at his first comment, but he knew her only too well. Her temper was short and thus she didn't tease well. However it was his second comment that had her staring at him before her eyes narrowed to dangerous slits and gathering her legs under her body she leaped at him.

"You didn't just say that!" She shouted at him furious that he would treat her like some hapless woman who needed to just have a hundred kids and just stay home to tend a fire and pop out yet another kid. Drawing back an arm she took a swing at him, and there was no intent on pulling these punches.

Doing his best not to get himself murdered by his now furious sister, something he couldn't help but to be amused by, he gave a nod, "Sure thing, perhaps we can find you a nice guy to settle down with too? You know I know this nice Fortress, he's a bit slow but a nice guy." He offered, giving a cry when one of the swings came quite close to his face, one that he was sure would knock him senseless if she were to actually land it. For a girl she could sure hit hard and he doubted that even a Fortress would be able to survive such a blow, let alone a normal man like himself, "Eesh! Planning on taking my head off? If you do I won't be able to ever take you along with me." He said, laughing more as the punches kept coming, each one of them more then capable to killing a lesser man, "You really are adorable, little Kei."

There was something infuriating about having him tease her like this. It wasn't that she wasn't interested in getting a mate, but all the ones she knew of were just irritating, stupid or weak.

"Be lucky I am not aiming lower!" Keil hissed at him as she took another hit at him trying apparently to give him a bloody nose. When she went into one of these tantrums or rages it was hard to calm her down, usually the only way she calmed down was when she went a step too far.

There was a wince from the leaf tribesman, "Eesh, yeah. I am quite lucky... wouldn't be any fun if you went for the low blow." He told her, dodging a few more swings before he took a good one to the face that send him flying. Rolling with it he ended up on his hands and knees before lifting a hand to touch his cheek, "Owwie... that is gonna gonna bruise..." He muttered, turning to look at her before he lunged forward at her slid low so that he could scoop her up before he started to spin in circles. He knew it was probably best that he tried to calm her down now before some poor fool wandered by and got her anger turned his way just because he was present and male. Jacin would feel a little bad if he got an unsuspecting man killed because he was having his fun teasing his sister.

It would be as if she snapped out of some weird state of mind when her brother went flying. A smug smile on her face due to the satisfaction of landing a hit and then suddenly she was scooped up into her brothers arms. Starteled she protested and pushed away from him, shouting every bad word she knew to get him to let go.

"Why do you always do that??" She demanded as the warm of his arms and the closeness of him...strangely was calming. Her flailing ceased though she was sure to cuff him one good when she was released.

"Why do I always do what? Poke fun at your or pick you up to spin you around? Both answers would be because you are my sister so it's up to me to do so." He told her, giving a bit of a grin, spinning her around a moment more before he set her down on her feet. He staggered from side to side, dizzy himself, before giving a squeal as he tumbled backwards and landed on his backside with an 'omph' sound. From there he let himself fall back on the ground, chuckling a bit as the world continued to spin around him, "Eesh, I don't know if it was spinning or punch but the world is swirling." He said with a laugh, "Either way damn you punch like a man... remind me to learn to dodge better, huh? Next time I might end up punched hard enough that I am no longer as pretty as you."

Keilana always...always regretted it when she hit her brother, and now he lay sprawled on the ground looking up at the stars as if she jostled his brains loose. Sighing she moved over to sit on the ground, moving his head and laying it in her lap.

"Its your fault I hit like a man. You never take me seriously. I bet if I was a boy you'd let me come with you." She pouted as she flinched noticing the puffiness where she had hit him...oh boy that was going to bruise something fierce. Leaning down she touched her forehead against his lightly.

"I'm sorry..." Keilana whispered to him as if she was afraid if other people heard her apologizing they would deem her weak.

Jacin gave a bit of a laugh when he found himself given the chance to lay on her lap, allowing the spinning in his head to ease off slowly, "Heh, well it's good that you are so tough. That way nobody will be able to tease you other then me." He told her, not wanting for her to ever have to deal with anyone being mean to her. Instead it was better that she was tough enough that she could knock a guy's head clean off their shoulders because that meant that she would be safe. He just... didn't like the idea of her wander off anywhere dangerous. Still, he really couldn't hold her back forever, could he? Not unless he found some rather tough rope and something heavy to tie her to while he was out and about that was. He doubted that Kei would take very kindly to him anchoring her to their place though even if it were for her own good.

When she apologized he found himself asking in a joking manner, "Did you hit your head too? Or maybe the spinning was too much your to? You never apologize so quick, especially when I start it." He said with a grin before lifting a hand up to pat her on he head, "It's alright, you know I won't die from just a punch." No matter what happened to him he would always come back to make sure that she was alright! Best he didn't get himself killed, he doubted that Keilana wanted him haunting her forever.

Keilana felt her sarcasm seeping back into her voice as she spoke next, "Well you know I gave you a pretty swollen face." Reaching a finger she poked where the flesh was starting to discolor, her nail trailing along the faint outline that was forming. "And can't your sister be NICE for a change? Jeez...first you act like I am made of egg shells and then you suggest I am somehow soft in the head for acting nice. Fine then." Moving she was a bit rough in letting his head leave her lap as she went to stand up. "Your cruel you know? You'll never attract a woman like that if you are just annoying as hell." It was a flippant response...touching back on his comment about her never finding a man. Honestly she was just trying to distract herself from the fact her knuckles were...hurting as well.

A squeak escaped from Jacin when his comfortable pillow was taken away from him, causing him to fall backwards again though he was able to catch himself before his head hit the ground, "Ack..." He looked up at her for a moment before he pushed himself to sitting up, "I won't attract a woman, huh? Geez... you know what that means right? If I can't get a woman and you can't get a man... we might be stuck with each other forever... how horrible would that be?" He asked, looking as shocked and dismayed as he could muster before he pushed himself up to his feet and set to brushing off all the dirt that was clinging to him at the moment. As he was doing so a thought came to him, along with the smell of smoke and charred flesh.

"Hey... Kei... does that smell like charcoal to you?" He asked before glancing in the direction of the fire that they had abandoned during their rough housing, the same fire that they had some mice as well as some tubers over and then gave a cry as he started back over toward it, a worried look on his face. Had they accidentally charred the meal they were working on? That meant they only had bug to eat unless they wanted to start some more tubers over... oops.

The idea of being stuck with her brother for the rest of her life didn't sit easy with her, though she didn't hate her brother...after all he was her only living relative left in this world, it felt odd and perhaps a bit stale that they could be possibly being doing this same routine for the rest of their lives. Half turning as he mentioned charcoal a furrowed look on her face it contorted to a look of surprise and then...her head snapped to the fire where the mice had been cooking..and were now definitely smoldering pieces of ash.

"Noooooooo....!" Came her cry of disbelief, the small amount of real meat charred beyond eating she collapsed to her knees in front of them. Those poor mice had died in vain, not even to nourish their bodies. ".....that means..." She looked to where the remainder of the bug meat was sitting, now probably cold and left forgotten while they fought.

~ THE END (( J:15 O:15 ))  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:48 am
Sister Troubles

The fire had long been put out, the charred mice and tubers that were all beyond saving had been buried so their scent wouldn't draw in any scavengers, and the bug had been devoured in whole due to it being all that was left after the fire. The two of them had climbed up into their open, ever cluttered, home and it had been time for bed since the two of them were determined to start their battle over who would get the best haul once more, in the morning. It was one of those things that Jacin rather enjoyed, the thrill of the hunt, the desire to bring home many a wondrous thing not only to battle little Kei but to also help the village. Tonight though instead of going straight to bed so that he might be up early he was still away, starring up at the ceiling and the various, glittering treasures that hung from it. Everything would start over tomorrow but for the moment he couldn't help but to think about what it was that his sister had said to him. She wanted to come with him on an adventure, wanted to do more then just gather things near to their home, and he couldn't really blame her, could he? He knew that he could try his best to make her stay home but would that help in the long run? Doubtful, if anything that would go very, very badly... his sister was far from being a delicate blossom that one needed to protect and tend to. Even just implying such got a person a punch to the face and a serious scolding... at best.

Giving a bit of a sigh he rolled onto his side, looking out over the village, able to see a few fires that belonged to some of those that were still awake and patrolling. For a moment he allowed his eyes to follow those lights as the moved around like wisps before he groaned, rolling over once more. Sleep it would seem was going to prove to be difficult, if not impossible, to come by until he figured this out, huh? Alright, so the problem was that Keilana wanted to go with him and he just wanted her safe... how to keep her safe other then tying her bodily to a tree though. It was a tempting idea but it would never work, would it? He really didn't think so, it would just make her rebel and go tromping off on her own, most likely after she stomped him into the ground, where her temper might get the better of her and get her into trouble.

So, in the grand scheme of things wouldn't it then be safer to bring her along with him? If she was with him he could keep an eye on her and try to keep her from getting in a fist fight with the first Alkidike or Shifter she ran across, right? Glancing over at her he knew that it was an iffy thing, if she really felt threatened, or insulted, she just shove him aside and face the one that pissed her off head on, something he'd on many occasions. It was kind of why now nobody really teased either of them as they had when the two of them were younger. Alright, so perhaps if he could get the girl to temper her emotions a little he would bring her along... and he could always scount ahead first, find a good place for the two of them to go together, and then come back for her, right? That actually sounded like the perfect plan! He would go out in the morning, he would find the two of them the perfect spot that they could explore together. Getting to go out with him somewhere that wasn't right outside their village would make little Kei happy and knowing that it was a safe place devoid of giant monsters and poisonous, nightmare spiders would make Jacin happy.

"Sounds like a plan to me." He murmured, shifting once more so that he could roll onto his other side, glancing over at where his sister was sleeping. She seemed to be a whole long more content at the moment then he was, likely plotting away in her dreams about how she would go about beating him tomorrow when ti came to their haul, something that might very well happen if he were on a scouting mission. Giving a little grumble he realized that he really couldn't collect ample supplies and treasures if he were scouting, could he? That meant that it was a distinct possibility that she was going to win tomorrow, leaving them once more tied, and given he'd celebrated tonight's win she was sure to rub tomorrow's win in his face for sure. The real question being, would she do a celebration dance? Would she point at him and laugh? The ways she could go about enjoying her win were endless and he could see her doing any one of them given she was about as smug as he was when she one The two of them were so alike in a lot of ways that it was almost scary he thought to himself, sticking his tongue out at her sleeping form.

Closing his moss colored eyes the leaf tribe member worked on willing himsef to sleep. He wanted to sleep and sleep well, he would have a lot to do tomorrow and the last thing he wanted was to start out late. If he got up late he was sure to hear about that too... that or she would already be gone, making a break while he slept in so that she could get a head start on him. He would sleep, he would get up early, and he would go scouting to find a good place for them to adventure together! Determined the leaf tribesman finally drifted off to sleep, dreaming of all manner of wonderful treasure, interesting battles, and oddly enough that strange, bug-phobic Shifter he'd met.

The sound of voices and movement not far from his home was what woke him and he found himself starring off over the village, taking in the bright sun light, the many boisterous voices, and the scent of food cooking somewhere nearby. That smelled good he thought to himself, a bit like those tubers were they to be spiced just right he thought to himself... then jerked upright as he realized that the only one that could be cooking those would be Kei. As he sat up, rubbing the sleep from his eyes, he also realized how late it was! The sun had likely been up for some time now... damn it! All his plotting was for naught if he didn't get his backside moving he thought to himself as he dragged himself out of bed, pulled on his clothing, and moved to grab his walking stick and empty pack. Sitting next to those items, held down with a glittering rock that one of them had found at some point, was a note from his sister, "Here it comes." He murmured to himself, almost able to guess what it was that the letter was going to say before he even unfolded what it was written on.

Taking a deep breath he reached out, picking it up in one hand, before he set to reading the note over, making a face here and there at the teasing it contained, but couldn't help but to smile when he read the part about her leaving some food over the coals for him to eat before he went out. They would meet up tonight and compare loot them. Giving a smile he tucked the letter away as though it was a treasure unto itself and then made his way out of the tree and to where the tubers were waiting for him. He wrapped two of them up in a cloth, tucking them away into his pack, and then sat down to eat the last one, "Mmm, these things are far too good." He said in a purring tone of voice, determined to get more of them now that he knew what they could taste like if they were given more care then just a heating up. The moment it was gone he was grabbing up a couple flasks of water, and was on his way at a quicker then usual pace. He would need to move fast if he were going to try to play catch up with where he should be by now and where he actually was. It might take a lot of speed and a lot of luck but if he were able to wield both to his advantage he might very well accomplish the goal he'd laid out for himself the night before.

"Just wait, Kei. I will take you out on a fun adventure." He said in a promising tone to the sister that was already out and about, probably laughing at the fact that he was still snoring away when she'd left the house.

(( Word Count: 1514 ))

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:49 am
Jacinthus & Maya: Ancient Buildings

(( In Progress S:15 O:15 ))

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:51 pm
Thinking and Walking, Jacin Can Do Both!

It had been a rather strange and interesting day for sure, to think that he would run across an Alkidike in such a situation... or in general for that matter. It was an interesting feeling, aidng someone in such a situation that might have been a possible enemy. All the rumors that he'd ever heard about Maya's kind after all made them sound as if they were nothing more then warring, blood thirsty, violent monsters. It was a belief that he'd held for some time now and yet she had seemed quite sweet, laughing over some of the things he'd said, talking in an affectionate way about her sisters, cooing over her pet, and even telling him about her dream for a lotus of her own one day. Not that he had any idea what made the woman so dreamy about such a mundane thing as a flower but still the emotion in her voice led him to believe that she wasn't as bad as the others said that her kind were. Then again who was to say that she wasn't an outcast, right? Perhaps her being acting the way that she had was just a fluke and all of the rest of them were as everyone said? He supposed that he would never know unless he somehow stumbled across another one of them, huh? Well, if he continued his trips into the forests of Jauhar, as well as going deeper into it with each trip, there would be a chance that he might find more of them. Until that time he meant to focus on more simple things, like this question about the flower which he felt had to be a woman thing...

That only meant one thing then, he would have to ask Keilana about it when he got home, to see what it was about flowers that made women want them so much. How much she might know though was beyond him, as far as he knew she didn't have anyone courting her with flowers and sweet words. He could almost imagine her punching anyone who did so in the face. Pushing that train of though aside, Jacin deemed it as something he would never find an answer to on his own, likely due to being a man, "I just don't get girls." He murmured to himself, despite had a hand in raising his little sister since the loss of their parents her kind were still a mystery to him, might as well try to figure out how to walk on water. Giving a shake of his head he decided that it wasn't worth worrying over, it wasn't as if he had the desire to go chasing after any of them. In fact he had better things to do with his time then deal with chattering, doe eyed females. He only had room for one woman in his life at the moment and that was Keilana, not some stranger.

Speaking of those better things to do there were two things that were currently on his mind, the first one of course being the adventure with his sister. After exploring the old, crystal covered house, then the walk to the lake, and now heading for home he had an idea where it was that he should bring her so that she would enjoy herself and what they were going to be doing. Not only that he hoped that it would be safe enough, he'd seen some beasts, insects, and birds, but nothing thus far that he feared upon first glance. He was pretty certain that if it came down to it he could have taken any of them, not that they seemed all that aggressive or as if they wanted to start a fight with him at the time. Then again he hadn't been alone, Maya was there along with that Radoku of hers, both of which made formidable foes against the smaller creatures that were on hand. If anything Jacin had just looked at the various beasts they saw in his normal, thoughtful manner, wondering what sorts of spices would be the best to cook them all up with. It was because of the fact that he was relaxed enough to think on differ that he felt that it was safe for the two of them to come here to explore.

The other 'better thing to do' was his meeting with Takoda so that the two of them could go fishing together. Now that Maya had given him some information about fish, information that made them sound a little on the challenging side, it made him want to go after them even more. A beast that stuck to the fall of bodies of water, came in dull colors so as to blend in with their watery home, and on top of that slimy which would make it hard to grasp hold of them. He wondered if their might be a trick to it... maybe spearing them? Or scooping them up out of the water with a basket? The woven sort would work well since it had holes in the bottom so that the water would drain out leaving him with only a basket of fish. He wasn't sure what the perfect tools for the job were so he might see about bringing a little of everything and, due to the nature of the basket, he could carry all his would be fishing gear inside of it. He'd also have to bring a pack to carry any fish in along with some salt to rub the fish down with, he wanted it to last over long distance.

Already he was planning out what he was going to do, how he was going to do it, and what he hoped to bring back with him after the fishing expedition. It made him wonder what Kei might think of getting fish for dinner, it was certainly not a normal staple of their diet, instead just a strange treat gained in trades from time to time. He hoped that she would be happy with it, just as she had about the tubers, though the bug... that was still up in the air what the vote was. It was good as food, it might taste better with the right spices, and if one didn't think about where it came from it was easy to stomach... it was just a little harder to eat when one concentrated on the source of that particular meat. To the point that he and Kei decided that they would give it a different name so that they could pretend that they were eating something fantastic. At least with fish they could actually say 'this is good fish' instead of 'this is really good not bug meat'. That would be an added bonus for sure when it came to eating food, being able to enjoy it instead of having to tip toe around it.

"I wonder if I should consider introducing Keilana to Takoda." Jacin found himself musing as he walked along, he was planning a second meeting with the shifter for a second time so that meant that they would be more and more like friends, right? It so then it was probably important that his sister met with him given that Jacin didn't have as many friends as he should. He was always so busy with what it was that he felt that it was only right that they meet. Introducing Keilana though, especially to Takoda who was a shaking, shivering pup a lot of time, would be... interesting. Jacing gave pause, his green eyes dropping to the ground, noticing how the ground beneath his feet was looking more sparce and sandy. He was on the border between Jauhar and Tale now he'd wager, making him think that he should likely quicken his steps from here on out. While out in the open spaces he would be seen by anything and everything from far and near, they would know he was here and with the sun setting they would see him as being something delicious and vunerable to that they should chase down. The animals that roamed at night felt about the Leaf Tribe the same that Jacin thought about them he thought to himself, something that would seem more amusing to him once he was safely back home.

Jacin was quick to rearranging his things, tightened his hold on his walking stick, and started out at a dead run toward the glow he could see in the distance, the glow that was his village. The torches had been lit, everyone was probably either eating dinner, sleeping, or on patrol depending on who it was and what they normally did within the village. He wondered if Keilana had cooked yet and if so what it was, if there was any left, and if she had been able to keep from burning it this time around... though he supposed that he was partly to blame for that one. He'd been teasing her at the time, even baiting her into a fight, and their dinner had been the unlucky victim in it all. With him away from home while she was cooking he was sure his sister would be able to cook without incident... well, unless osmoene else appeared to tease her that was.

The moment he crossed into the village, speeding passed a patrol, he nearly fell over from exhaustion. That run had been a long one, the longest that he'd made to this point, but at least he'd made it. One hand on his chest, gasping for breath, the brunette made his way toward home, "Come on, Kei! Have dinner waiting for me!" He said in a hopeful tone as he went.

(( Word Count: 1623 ))

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:41 am
Class Quest: Jacinthus

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:44 am
Returning Home

Jacin was still a little surprised over everything that had happened to him over the course of the day, from being called out super early in the morning by an unknown source, meeting up with a youngling that looked way too much like his sister, from there straight into foot raise followed by a battle against some Witu, a narrow escape from their snapping jaws, out of their territory via some tricks, and then wrapping all up by being given a rank and title within his tribe. To think that someone like him, an orphan that had always felt indebted to his fellow tribesmen, was able to have something as wonderful as a rank such as 'archer' it really astounded Jacin to tell the truth. The tough part being that to be a good archer he was going to have to take his new bow, fetch some new arrows, and practice until he finally got the handle on the weapon and its workings. Needless to say that he had his work ahead of him having only ever fired one arrow to this point and that hadn't really been at anything in particular and just the part of a daring escape plan. His attention, as well as his gaze, were turned for a moment to where his bow was sitting nearby to him, within arms reach as though studying the unstrung bow closely with before his attention went back to what he was currently working on, that being slathering some healing balm on the bite wounds that he'd received from the grouchy, territorial Witu.

He had to say that they were a rather lucky group of beasts given that he wasn't the sort to kill en mass without reason or else he would have a bunch of crystalline pelts staked out and drying to become some pretty wall hangings he thought to himself when he'd finally gotten all of his wounds slathered down with the sticky, strongly scented salve, "Phew, at least that is done." He muttered to himself, glad that his wounds were covered in the stuff even though he currently smelled like bouquet of every plant to be found through out Tale and Jauhar both all mixed together. After making a face Jacin closed the jar and set it aside before he wiped his hands off on his pants, what were a few more stains after all when he already had so many. After all that he had been through over the course of the day he was gonna have to trade these particular pants for a new pair. Later though, for the moment he just felt like resting, determined to overcome the exhausting of the days events with a bit of relaxing.

As the new archer laid back under the branches of the tree that his and Keilana's home was located in he let his mossy green colored eyes sink shut, "Phew... man... I think I want to stay like this for a day or so." He murmured, finding that he rather liked the feeling of relaxing even though it was something that he so rarely allowed himself to indulge in. Normally there were far too many other things that were calling for his attention, enough so that he didn't allow himself to slow down even for a moment. He'd always figured before now that he could always slow down when he was old or dead, one or both of the two, but tonight felt like a good a time as any to just lay here. The day had been one that took far more out of him then he'd of expected, normally able to run around for hours on end without getting tired. Maybe it was the addition of the little girl into the mix that had left him so tired? It was possible he supposed. It was one thing being in danger himself, it was a whole other thing for others around him to be in that same sort of danger. Of course as he was lazing there, eyes closed, steadily drifting off toward possible sleep he suddenly realized something rather horrible... he'd spent his whole day chasing that girl, battling the pack of Witu, and then the walk home which took longer then normal due to his injuries meaning that he hadn't found a single treasure worth showing off to his sister, had he? He'd been too busy to go about their normal scavenger hunt battle that the two of them had been going about doing since they were old enough enough to find themselves in the ongoing rivalry. He couldn't really even recall how it had gotten started, just knew that it was an important thing that they still did to this day and Jacin was quite sure that she was going to win with a clean sweep today since he'd come back fairly empty handed.

Then it clicked in his head that he hadn't exactly been empty handed, had he? He'd actually come home with a quite a few things that were of great use to him. Opening his pretty eyes up Jacin slowly glanced over at the bow that was sitting there just within arm's reach, studying the weapon for a moment, then he gave a bit of a smile. He had gotten a bow and a title today, hadn't he? It was a rather simple thing on it's own but really it was it represented that made it worth so much to him. How could anything that Keilana brought home with her today, no matter how awesome her prizes might very well be, beat that? Then again he couldn't help but to wonder if maybe that would be seen as cheating in his sister's eyes. If he were to play the 'I was given a rank and weapon' card she might give him a swift kick in the backside and while it would be something that might very well deserve it might be amusing to try just to see the look on her face. He wondered what that would be like, surprise maybe? Shock? Jealousy? Or would it be that normal, angry look that she got on her face when he bested her in something... or when he was teasing her. He couldn't really guess what the expression might be but it was one of those things in which he really wanted to see it just for the fun of it.

Crossing his arms behind his head so they could play the part of a makeshift pillow the archer found himself thinking on how he might announce it to her. There was an endless number of ways but none of them seemed quite right for the situation. Really all he just wanted to do pounce her and tell her all about it in an excited manner like a child that found something that they thought was amazing. Really at this point the fact that he might have beat Keilana at something didn't matter as much as what it the title he'd received really meant to him. Finally Jacin would no longer feel like he were little more then a dead weight among his fellow tribesmen, finally he could do something as useful as hunting down all manner of dangerous and delicious animals for them, he could aid in the patrols around the village, keeping everyone safe and fed, it would be great! How long had he been dreaming of being able to do such a thing? Ever since he was little was the answer to that question. Before now all he'd been able to do was hunt for whatever he could take down with his walking stick or a rock but now... now he had a real weapon! He would show everyone how useful he could be he thought to himself, one ear twitching.

Giving a bit of a yawn the Leaf tribesman rolled over onto his side, one arm tucked under his head, and he felt himself started to doze once more. He knew he should likely climb up the tree to sleep in his actual bed, or better yet that he should likely make something for dinner, but neither was something that he was actually going to accomplish. If anything he was just too tired for all that, wanting nothing more at this point then to sleep off the stresses of the day. Tomorrow though, tomorrow he would start out early, would practice with his new weapon, would take the first step toward becoming the best archer out there... there was a smile on his lips as he slipped into sleep and was soon snoozing away, dreaming of becoming the best of best, with the respect of all of those around him. Among those in his dream was, of course, Keilana, but also the Shifter that he'd met some time ago. It was a strange person to be invading his dream given that the guy wasn't even a part of his tribe but he supposed that it might just be his mind telling him that it was time for him to meet with the Shifter once more.

(( Word Count: 1520 ))

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:04 pm
Meta Chapter 1: Intrigue [v.L]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:10 pm
Meta Chapter 2: Sauti

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:03 pm
Arrival in Sauti

The trip from Tale to Sauti was a rather long, drawn out and exhausting sort of trip but he had to admit that the entire thing was rather interesting, wasn't it? They had been with the other two trips that had been known of to that point, the Shifters and the Alkidike, and while Jacin wouldn't admit to it he'd found that to be rather interesting. It was just a shame that their groups didn't really seem to mingle all that much... at least a shame where the Shifters were concerned that was. He didn't care all that much for the Alkidike as a whole as of this moment. He knew all of the rumors about them after all, about how they were dangerous warrior women who seemed to think that all of the world seemed to rightfully belong to them. After meeting more of them then just Maya he was starting to believe that such rumors were more then true. The first of them that he'd met, after the flower loving Maya at least, seemed to be a woman with an ego that rivaled Jacin's own. It was likely part of what made him dislike her so much, well that and how she seemed to force her way through them and into Tale. He worried that they were going to attempt to invade Tale one day and it was something that grated on him a little bit. They should stick to Jauhar... though having them there likely put the Shifters in danger, something he didn't like to think about, not because he had many dealings with them, but because he had liked Takoda well enough when he'd met him.

It was because of Takoda that he found it to be such a shame that they weren't really mingling more with the other tribes during the journey, seeming more to stick with their own. The more he glanced over toward where the Shifters were the more he thought about that one, how he wanted to talk to him again, how they had ended up going on this trip instead of being able to go on the fishing trip they had been planning. Who'd of thought that such a strange venture would cause them to miss that. They were still together, to a point, and still on an adventure together, but at the same time quite separated by so much. Odd that he was thinking about the Shifter so much of late, he blamed it on the fact that they were going to be meeting up again only to have that meeting put aside so that they could instead go on this journey far from their respective homes and into Sauti instead. He had to wonder though what might have happened if they had been able to go fishing, it really did sound as though it would have been exciting, if a bit difficult, with the way that Maya had described fish to him as a species. Such a shame... but maybe sometime during this journey he would be able to catch up with him while he wasn't surrounded by others of the Shifter tribe. He seemed popular so it might be difficult but he would do his best to try.

That missed meeting aside the rest of the journey had been quite interesting, he had seen more of Tale then he ever had before it despite often wandering far and wide on his own. That he was able to do all of it with his sister at his side seemed only to add to it. At first the idea of her coming along on such a venture, while impossibe to keep her from doing, had worried him. He wanted his sister to always remain safe, always encouraging her to stay closer to their hometown, and the idea of her going as far as Jauhar had been something he didn't want to fathom for the longest time... and here she was now with him in Sauti. Glancing around he took in the landscape of Sauti, all of the tall moutains, the rocky outcroppings, it was a lot different then Tale and Jauhar both. Already he was starring into the area, wondering what sort of treasures they might have here, what sort of wildlife they had to hunt, and just what the wildlife might taste like. His other curiosity was about their people. The woman that had greeted them when they first arrived here, she was a rather interesting looking one, wasn't she? Pale skin, golden hair, and bright blue eyes, her coloration was far different then anyone else that he had seen to think point and he had to say that he did rather like that hair, it reminded him a bit of treasure. That thought alone showed that Jacin's mind worked a bit differently then anyone else out there, that it was treasure that her hair reminded him of instead of something like sunshine or maybe the land of Tale. He wasn't exactly the romantic sort though, was he? Far from it really.

Allowing himself to lay back on the ground, eyes on the starry sky, he found himself thinking on how even the stars looked different here in Sauti. They seemed glittered in the same manner, like jewels laid out upon a dark cloth, but they seemed closer, didn't they? Then again they had seemed to go upward quite a bit in the journey, hadn't they? As though Sauti were much closer to the sky then Tale was, something that he was sure of since Tale was quite flat unlike the raised, rocky lands that they were in now. Being how different the lands were he couldn't help but wonder how different the Wind Tribe was other then the fact that they were different in coloration save the jewels that decorated their skin, something he realized straight away they had in common. Thus far three of the four tribes had those jewels on their skin, the Shifters jewels being a little different in color, but the Wind and Leaf seemed to match in that way since they both had the pink jewels. It was quite interesting if you asked him, it made him wonder if the tribes were related distantly somehow, perhaps before they ended up in two vastly different lands? It was likely one of the deepest thoughts that he'd had to this point, normally not the sort for such things. Instead he was more for thinking on things like where his next meal would be coming from, what sort of animal it would be, and if he would have enough to share with Kei. Deep, profound thoughts weren't a normal thing for Jacin and tended to give him a headache more then anything else.

In fact after that thought he found himself geting sleepy more then anything else, arms crossing behind his head, eyes sinking closed. It would seem as though he had enough thinking for the moment, enough of everything in fact, he was so tired both mentally and physically and he was looking forward to a bit of rest though he knew the moment that he was rested up that he was going to want to go about what he spent a lot of his time doing, that being hunting, exploring, gathering interesting treasures, maybe he would even be able to meet a few members of the Wind Tribe if he were lucky? Not that he had his bow and arrow there was nothing that he couldn't do, or at least that was how he felt, and he meant to prove that to himself and to everyone else out there... though really the only one that really mattered when it came to him showing off and trying to get strong was Kei. He wanted to be someone worth looking up to, wanted for her to be proud of her older brother. As he started to drift closer and closer to sleep he found himself wondering if Keilana would want to go with him on an adventure or two in Sauti. They really hadn't gone on any together in Tale because of him wanting to keep her firmly at home where it was safe. Since they were here already surely that meant it was as good a time as any for them to set out and see what they could see, right? At least that was what he thought.

There was a bit of a smile on his lips as he sank into deep, mostly dreamless sleep. It would appear as though he were tired enough at the moment that he couldn't even be bothered to dream. Perhaps the next time he slept he would have some amazing dreams about everything that he'd found while roaming around Sauti, for now though his body was in need of restful sleep and that is exactly what Jacin got as he was soon snoozing away quietly, surrounded by the rest of his people, his sister nearby which allowed him to sleep so easily.

(( Word Count: 1501 ))

◈ Journals

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces