• Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:00 am
Play Date 1

Link: Home is Where the Shadows Are
Participants: Kiara & Kyran
Stages: Pokémon (Both)
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 7:30 pm
The Lighter Side of Darkness

Finally some peace and quiet. Kiara was rarely the jolly sort, about as far from it as once could be, but her twins recent absence did manage to bring a little bit of a spring to her step. In her way, she did care for the other Darkrai, but, when she was able to find it, she greatly enjoyed the piece of solitude, the quiet of being alone. With nothing but her thoughts to keep her company, she was in high spirits. The pitch blackness of their cavernous home certainly didn’t hurt though. Despite her appearance being significantly brighter, she was, by far, the darker of the two. To get her twin out of her um, well, it wasn’t really hair, so um, to get Kyran out of her wisp of smoke for a time? Yeah that works, to get her twin out of here wisp of smoke for a time, she had sent him on a wild goose chase, a hunt for a Dusk stone. Now while she would love to have one, she highly doubted her twin would be able to find one. She didn’t exactly think highly of Kyran’s abilities, but still, the stone wasn’t the point, peace and quiet was. She now had that.

At least she did. From a distance she heard it, some sound. She had no idea what had caused it; she only knew that it was irritating, Other Pokémon might be frightened by some strange sound emanating from a darkness enshrouded cavern. Kiara wasn’t one of those Pokémon. As far as she was concerned, she was darkness; she was fear. In annoyance she ran her claws along the cave wall, digging a series of parallel channels into its hard surface. The scratching sound was actually a bit louder than the sound that had emanated from deeper within the tunnel, the fact that she was being noisier then whatever was causing the sound, was completely lost on her. She would find the sound’s source and shut it up.

As she walked down the pathway, her claws remained in the stony wall, marring its surface as she went. If whatever has caused that sound was alive and capable of rational thought, the sound of the scraping could, quite possibly, be horrifying, which was exactly how Kiara meant it to sound. Whatever had interrupted her quiet would pay. If they had a bit of added terror beforehand, that was just fine with Kiara. Trying to look on the bright side of things, she thought Maybe this whole incident will at least end with a bit of fun.

The tunnel went deeper and deeper into the Earth; she hadn’t realized how far down this cavern descended. With time, she began to grow tired of the scraping sound that she was causing and stopped. She was beginning to annoy herself; this would not bode well for whatever was at the end of the tunnel. She might even forgo the normal torments and simply end them. Quite simply, they would pay. In her head, she ran over the possible results of the meeting she was sure to make. They all were quite heinous, and each was more brutal then the last. A parade of blood, carnage, shattered limbs, and torn flesh, marched through her head. She was so lost in thought, lost in the possible atrocities that she might commit, that she barely noticed that the tunnel opened up into a large cavern.

Spread before her was a large cavern, a large cavern full of Joltiks. Such an insignificant little Pokémon. she thought, full of contempt. This will be fun. A glimmer of darkness twinkled in her eye as a gust of repulsive wind spread over her, strengthening her, no that she needed it. No, she could handle these little pests easily; the wind was just for effect. Spreading her arms out menacingly, she smirked, ready to attack. Holding her position slightly longer, she decided to stop delaying, a dramatic pause was important, but it shouldn’t be used to excess. She would now strike!

At least she would of, if she hadn’t been interrupted. A searing beam of light shot out at her, unexpectedly. It was painful, but, for one as great as her, it was a mere annoyance. With a quick turn of her head, she saw its source, the one whom would surely be her first victim. It was a Joltik, which would be expected, though, the appearance of this one, was certainly not something to expect. It was most unusual. Whereas most Joltiks were a mere 4 inches or so, this one was a good foot and a half, at least. It was still small by her standards, but certainly a giant among Joltiks. It also had unusual black markings.

She snarled at the miniscule beast, ready to lay waste to the thing. It had such gall! How dare it attack her, even with such an ineffective attack! Still, maybe she should spare it, as a warning to others. How would others learn to fear her if she left no survivors? No , no, no, that wouldn’t do at all. She knew that as soon as she wiped these miniscule insects out, something else, possibly noisier would arrive in its place. For now, she would let them be, with a warning. Staring at the large Joltik, that had to be the leader, she stated, “This is your only warning. Keep it down, don’t make unnecessary racket, and maybe, I will let you live.” The Joltik answered with silence, standing resolute before her. With a flourish of her hand, she turned and left. They better not make me regret this. In her mind, the possibility that she chose to grant them mercy wasn’t even a possibility.  

Tyche Fortuna
Crew

Clever Girl

18,875 Points
  • Married 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Invisibility 100

Tyche Fortuna
Crew

Clever Girl

18,875 Points
  • Married 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 8:12 pm
Star Finding Solo... wait... Solo?

Link: Astral Walk
Type: Solo (with Kyran)
Stages: Pokémon (Both)
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:48 pm
Trick of the Light

“What the hell just happened?” Kiara muttered groggily as she opened her eyes. “You didn’t drug my berries did you?” Of course Kyran didn’t, he didn’t have the nerve to try something like that. Sitting up, she added “It feels like I have been asleep for years.” Her eyes catching her twin, still unconscious, she stated, “What the hell happened to you? You look like some sort of half human freak.” Off handedly she added, “You wouldn’t catch something like that happening to me. Maybe this is still that weird drea…..” Suddenly she glanced down at her changed form. Jumping, she exclaimed, “Me too?! This isn’t happening… Whoever did this will pay…..”

Though she had never previously worn attire, she suddenly felt very naked, very exposed. It was then that she noticed two piles of clothes next to her and her twin. Grabbing the one closest to her, she quickly pulled it on, noticing the sleeves were far too long. Pulling them up to expose her hands, she suddenly felt self-conscious. She had always prided herself on having claws but…now…something seemed wrong with them; they didn’t seem write. Why does Kyran have one claw and one normal hand? The meaning of normal had suddenly shifted in her mind. In disgust, she let the sleeves flow and her clawed hands were covered. What is happening to me? Why do I even care about this? This…..this just isn’t right She wanted to hurt something. Kicking her twin she growled, “Wake up and get dressed.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The dream was as a hazy memory in the back of the darkrai's unconscious mind as Kyran dug closer to the waking world. It was a difficult climb, but the closer the darker of the twins came to the dim light of reality, the more cluttered thoughts were able to straighten out, filed and examined, like threads on a loom. The world while asleep was the darkrai's own comfort zone, but even Kyran hadn't all the answers when it came to the whimsical workings of a mind under the influence of a dream.

Especially when Kyran knew, deep down, that this wasn't merely a dream. That glowing shard of silvered light that they had found, whatever it was... it was an omen. Something was different. Something had changed. Something wasn't right.

It wasn't until Kyran felt a swift foot to the shin did the darkrai jolt awake to the jumbled mess of a realization. "W-Wha-!?" the child sat bolt upright, slightly dazed -- especially once sights set on the young girl before him. The... Wait a minute, something about her seemed familiar... "K-Kiara!?" the voice, familiar and alien both, rasped. The darkrai took a quick glance around, once more remembering the glowing artifact, discovered within both realms of practice; the question didn't need to be asked about what happened, but there was still another clawing at the surface, "What was that thing?" Kyran never did get a good look at that star...

Almost as soon as the question had sprouted from his mouth did he bite his tongue. He was given an order, no matter how momentarily-confusing it was, so he'd better be following it. This was no way to start out the day, if things were ever going to get back to normal, or at least as normal as it was ever going to be again. This new form was strangely difficult to get a proper grasp on, though, as he found the legs to be more of a hindrance than anything. Why couldn't he just levitate like before? He could manage for the moment, but an obstacle of this caliber was going to be problematic if it continued. He just wasn't adjusting as adeptly to the changes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“What it was isn’t as important as what it has done to us,’ Kiara replied coldly, “Though it appeared to be a star.” Pausing for a moment, as her twin dressed himself she stated, “And what it has done to us…is turn us into abominations. Though, at least I have two proper sets of claws, unlike you are your….human hand….” She refused to admit her envy, especially to him; it was much easier to show contempt. “There may be a way to get out proper forms back but, if there is, I do not know it.” She was about to ask if he had any suggestions, but no, she would not stoop to that level.

A creature of nightmares, she was used to ransacking dreams, extinguishing hope. Despair was her stock and trade, sleepless night and dread her business. But for once, she hoped this was a dream, that she was the one in the nightmare. This just can’t be ride…What have I done to deserve this… For once, she was on the receiving end of despair. Not wanting to be seen as weak, she ordered, “Go! See if you can find something to explain what has happened to us; a means to end this!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

While looking at all sides of the situation may be important, Kyran could agree with the logic in Kiara's words. He may have wanted to know what it was that they found, and it may help them figure out where the other pieces to the puzzle were, but it was best to focus on one aspect at a time, follow where such conclusions branched and ended. He tightened the sash around his waist before pulling his hands up once indicated. Sighing, he bumped the two mismatched hands together, side by side, as a brief means to study the damage. "Human..." he repeated irritably, reaching up to tug at his white bangs. He didn't like the idea of parading around in the skins of those who they had been avoiding all this time. The only reason the two of them were on the run was because of those who feared the unknown, that which they could not explain or control...

He flinched at Kiara's sudden, sharp order as it cut through the unnerved contemplation. While traversing out into that forest was something the darkrai was more than reluctant to do, he didn't voice it. It didn't matter what he did or did not want to do, this was important. Even if he had no faith in himself to be able to find anything, that was hardly reason to negate possibility. Kyran steadied himself on the cave walls and made his way to the entrance, tendrils of darkness sourly fazing, crackling at the sudden light. He took a brief glance around first before turning sights back into the depths of the cave. He was hesitant, but it was buried simply enough, "...I'll be right back, then." More than his unwillingness to be seen like this, he was worried about Kiara; change tended to be difficult in itself, but this was far beyond anything they had yet encountered. How could he help her find the road back to peace of mind?

Without the walls for support, Kyran found the search for clues to be increasingly aggravating. With an irritated grumble, he reached for a branch that had been cut down like a machete through foliage, victim of Kiara's outlet. Using it as a staff to steady his steps, he continued on his way, determined not to hold things up any more than was absolutely necessary... and even that was a bit of a grey area.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kiara remained silent as her twin left the cave. She just wasn’t in the mood to talk. Why did this happened? She wasn’t sure if she would ever know the answer. This….this was just wrong.
After he left, she rolled up her sleeves and looked down at her claws. Why am I ashamed of these? I love my claws…. But now, they just feel wrong…. In anger, Kiara struck the wall, intending to claw a chunk of the cave out. Her goal had been to calm herself with some random destruction. Instead, though, she felt incredible pain. She couldn’t remember the last time she had felt pain like that. She might have been left with claws, but, compared to what they once were, they were useless. Blood began to flow from beneath her nails; she had never bled before. Looking down at the mess that was now her hands, for the first time in her life, Kiara cried.  

Tyche Fortuna
Crew

Clever Girl

18,875 Points
  • Married 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Invisibility 100

Tyche Fortuna
Crew

Clever Girl

18,875 Points
  • Married 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:00 pm
Down in the Dark

“What’s the point?” Kiara muttered to herself, as she lay, staring at the roof of her cave. She had no idea where her twin was, not that she really cared. It was entirely possible that he had told her exactly where he was going, but she had not been paying attention. He never left her for long, though; a couple hours at most.

It had been weeks since she had awoken from the transformation, she could not be more specific then that, though. The time seemed to melt together. She had spent pretty much all the time lying on the cavern floor. Her new form, small for a human, around child size, was continually getting smaller. She had barely eaten anything since that time. Kyran had to struggle to convince her to even drink. Despite her malnourished state, the wounds on her claws had healed, only to be replaced by a large assortment of bruises, cuts, and scrapes. Kiara had once delighted in causing others to have nightmares but now she seemed to suffer from them nightly, and a hard cave floor wasn’t exactly safe when tossing and turning throughout the night.

Sitting up, she looked down at herself. She was a mess, dirt and blood encrusted her body. She didn't really feel like cleaning herself off, but she had to eventually, and she was beginning to notice an odor that was only making her feel worse. Stupid human body... She eyed the barrel that Kyran had brought into a cave nearly a week prior. She had no idea how he had managed it, probably by rolling it, but she wasn't certain. Looking inside, she saw that it was still filled with water, something that the bucket next to it had been used to accomplish. She had no soap, but she wasn't even familiar with the concept.

After slowly stripping her clothing off, something that was more then a struggle, Kiara carefully pulled herself into the barrel. Water flooded over the sides, a result of her displacement. It was rather cold, though that didn't seem to bother her; if anything it only served to numb her. At first she just sat there, not sure what to do, and not positive that it would even be worth her time. After what felt like an hour, but was more likely 10 minutes, she grabbed a bit of spare cloth that had been left on the edge and began to scrub. It was a weird sensation, something she had never really experienced before. It did feel nice to remove the dried, crusted blood and layers of dirt, though.

Content that she was clean enough, after quite a bit of scrubbing, that left the barrel full of water somewhat murky, she leaned back against the side of the barrel. That was when she felt it, a rumble. Her first thought was that it was her stomach, but that had given up on rumbling nearly a week prior. It was when it continued that she had begun to suspect it was something else. Sitting perfectly still in the barrel, she saw the water ripple around her. {i]Something else is causing this.

What she had felt, though, was merely a foreshock. The true rumble was about to come. Suddenly, the whole world seemed to be shaking; Kiara's eyes widened in shock. She jumped, not thinking of wear she was and, through a combination of the shaking ground and the force of her leap, the barrel was knocked over. Both water and Kiara flowed out of the barrel as it was turned on its side. For a moment, she just lay there stunned. Soon, though, her depression was completely displaced. While this was the worst she had ever felt it, it had always been there, even if she never admitted it to herself. What replaced that emotion was the same one that always seemed to, pure rage. The possibility that it was a natural occurance never occured to her; she was completely unfamiar with plate tectonics, but she did know pokemon and that some could make the ground shake. In this instance, she was completely correct.

Angrily putting on her wet clothes, she wondered aloud, "Where is Kyran? Something big needs to pay."  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:40 pm
AIM PD - Eruption of Anger

[x]  

Tyche Fortuna
Crew

Clever Girl

18,875 Points
  • Married 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Invisibility 100

Tyche Fortuna
Crew

Clever Girl

18,875 Points
  • Married 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 4:37 pm
Lost in the Nightmare (Move Solo - Nightmare)

Where am I? Kiara wondered as she opened her eyes. The world around her seemed a haze. Waves of purple, blacks, and pinks spread in every direction, moving about seemingly at random. To try and get some sort of bearings, she glanced downward at her feet, only to see nothing there. My…my…my…body…..where is it?!. She appeared to have no physical presence. Her consciousness merely drifted through….wherever this was.

As she floated through the colorful void, disembodied, she did the only think she could think of. Concentrating on herself, trying to move in some sort of physical manner, her body began to appear, though it seemed ethereal, ghostly. It was like she was in a dream…..a nightmare. She could remember the events before she fell unconscious, but not clearly; they were faint, barely there. Everything was fading… Who am I? Even with her concentration, her form became wispier, more translucent.

No…this isn’t right. She struggled to remember. Time passed, though it was impossible to tell how much. Her form drifted through the colors, still faded and barely there. Suddenly, recognition showed on her eyes. I…. I am….. I am Kiara. Her body suddenly transformed from a hazy caricature to solid, to flesh and blood. “I am Kiara!” her voice echoed in the void.

All around her, the colors of the void seemed to collapse; they swirled inward into bright shining points. Everywhere she looked, it was darkness, with bright shining lights, like stars. This was no longer her nightmare; she was in control. “What… what are those lights, though?” she pondered aloud. She had the gut feeling that she should know what the ‘stars’ were, but she just couldn’t place it.

“How do I get to them?” she questioned, before suddenly it hit her. She concentrated on moving toward one of the lights and, just like that, she was off. The movement started slowly, but quickly accelerated. While at first it had seemed like worlds away, she was quickly in reach of one of the orbs of light. It had seemed like merely a pinpoint initially, but, on closer inspection, she realized that it now dwarfed her. Looking inside, she saw a quiet woodland scene. It didn’t seem real though; it was clearly a dream, but not her own. Leaning towards it, she lightly touched the orb with her arm. Darkness spread out from her touch; the dreamscape quickly became dark and nightmarish. “I.. I actively gave them nightmares… “

While it was common knowledge that a darkrai left nightmares in its wake, she had never actively given a nightmare, not like this anyway. Suddenly, the orb vanished; the dreamer had likely awakened in a start. Wanting to test this new ability, she flew out to another light. The events seemed to repeat themselves as soon as she touched it. Not being content to merely try it out once more, she flew to a dozen more balls of light, spreading nightmares to each of them in turn.

It was then that she noticed something else, something other then the darkness and the ‘stars’. It was rather dark itself, so it easily blended in. She could barely see the darkness twirl around it. It seemed like a portal of swirling darkness. Would this lead me back to my body? Would I go somewhere else entirely? She didn’t know where it would take here, but she knew that staying here wouldn’t wake her up from this sleep she seemed to be in. Taking a deep breath, she launched herself into the void.  
Trainer Journals

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff