Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[1v1] Sour grapes (Jordan & Rep) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
prolixity rolled 2 10-sided dice: 5, 8 Total: 13 (2-20)

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:54 pm
The hit was a glancing one, sliding along his arm; Jordan shook it off easily. "There's a difference between being honest and being a douchebag," he said. "You don't have to like anyone here. I really don't care if you do or don't. That's your business. But when you're failing to give people you have to work with basic respect, it's going to be a problem. Not just my problem, either."

He sidestepped and swung again, aiming for the same spot and putting a little more speed into the swing this time. The impact was satisfying, and he grinned. "You piss off enough people, eventually you're going to piss off someone higher up the chain. Someone with enough rank and authority to chuck you back in a pod to cool your heels for a while. That happens sometimes if you screw up bad enough. Did you know that?"

HP: 40/50
Damage: 7
Charge: 2/3  
Baneful rolled 2 8-sided dice: 2, 8 Total: 10 (2-16)
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:07 pm

Rep practically purred "I give people respect who earn it mate. People who aren't complete pussies, people who actually have some idea of what manliness means. Doesn't mean I won't follow orders, doesn't mean I won't fight as many ******** monsters as they throw at me. "

He couldn't help but yelp as the hit connected this time, dropping the blade side of Tracey in surprise at how much the attack actually hurt. "******** you can't half swing that when you want to." He snorted. "And whatever, they can put me back to sleep if they can't handle me, It'd just be proof I'm ahead of my time."

Smirking he dove in for another attack, rather enjoying trying to find a break in the calm, collected man's defenses, up till now most of his fights had been screaming chaos. At least it was proof he was paying attention as he went for the same area Jordan had been singling out on him.

(( HP - 28
DMG - 4
CHARGE 3/3 ))

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

prolixity rolled 2 10-sided dice: 1, 5 Total: 6 (2-20)

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:14 pm
Jordan snorted. "So manliness means being a d**k to everyone around you? Good to know." He didn't try dodging the attack this time; Ferros's shield was still strong enough that he could afford a few nicks, and if Rep was the type who was only impressed by strength, the lack of reaction might go some way towards spooking him.

He took a step back, rolling his shoulder and shrugging, then smirking deliberately at Rep. "Yeah? You haven't seen me angry yet. Is that the best you can manage?"

HP: 36/50
Damage: -
Charge: 2/3  
Baneful rolled 7 4-sided dice: 4, 2, 3, 1, 1, 3, 4 Total: 18 (7-28)
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:22 pm

Rep shook his head. "No. Manliness means not taking s**t from anyone and not letting ******** women and homos control you or make you into one of them." He was getting properly frustrated by now, his anger building more and more the more resolutely firm the other man stood, it felt like he wasn't even making a dent and it was driving him crazy, surely he wasn't as weak as this?

"No this isn't the best I can ******** manage. You want serious pain I'll give you it." He could feel the thrum of power in his thoughts, in his very veins that meant Tracey was charged, it was his absolute favourite thrill in the world at the moment, better than alcohol for sure. He just wished it didn't have to fade when he used it.

He took a run up this time, launching himself into the air as he brought the axe down with all the force he could possibly muster, hoping it was enough but doubting it would be even then, Jordan really hadn't looked bothered by the threat.

(( HP - 28
DMG - 14
CHARGE 0/3 1/2 ))

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

prolixity rolled 2 10-sided dice: 6, 5 Total: 11 (2-20)

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:32 pm
"You're just going to love golem missions," Jordan laughed. The thought of Rep suddenly discovering himself in a female body was absolutely priceless. It was possible that the guy would spontaneously disintegrate from sheer indignant shock.

He was definitely winding Rep up; the red-haired man was getting visibly more agitated. The charge attack wasn't a surprise. He'd figured that Tracey had to have managed a charge by now. It did force Jordan to stagger back a few steps; as always, charge attacks hurt, a lot, but he made himself react with no more than a grimace. He'd died miserably in Deathsweeper enough to have lost count; in comparison to crushing force, immolation, or the piercing shock of being cut in half, this was relatively not so bad.

"Better," he said, as soon as he could catch his breath again, and took several quick steps forward to swing Ferros right at Rep's gut.

HP: 24/50
Damage: 5
Charge: 3/3  
Baneful rolled 2 8-sided dice: 4, 4 Total: 8 (2-16)
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:42 pm

Someone else had vaguely mentioned golems to Rep but he still had no idea what they entailed. His briefing on them by Dr H had consisted, on the matter of golems of the phrases "MAGIC!" and "Deal with it" so he was completely unaware of what potentially awaited him. He didn't have time to argue this though as he found himself absolutely rattled by the fact Jordan appeared to be untouched by his best and hardest attempt to hit him. Panic gripped him again, that same panic that had seized him looking down the barrel of Roar in the shower rooms, and he backed up just a step or so, though it wasn't enough to be out of the way of the swing as it came and hit him right in the midriff, knocking the air out of his lungs, something which completely staggered him for a few moments and meant that his retaliation strike was more than a little wide of the mark.
At least he'd done better, that counted right?

"Doubt I can ******** do that again for a bit though." he grudgingly admitted.

(( HP - 23
DMG - 2
CHARGE 1/3 1/2 ))

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

prolixity rolled 8 4-sided dice: 1, 3, 1, 4, 1, 1, 2, 3 Total: 16 (8-32)

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:54 pm
"You won't," Jordan said calmly. "It takes a few good hits for your weapon to build up enough Fear to release it like that." The axe nicked his leg, and he took a short, hissing breath, then smiled brilliantly at Rep. "Wanna see ours?"

A quick step to the side, and he spun, bringing Ferros around in a full circle to gain momentum. As he swung, a brilliant ball of fire burst into existence around the hammer's head with a whump of displaced air. He'd misjudged the distance, though; he realized with a mental curse that Ferros wasn't going to hit, would do no more than possibly singe Rep's scarf.

Still, maybe he could play this to his advantage. Rep was already spooked. As the flame sizzled out, Jordan took a step back, swung Ferros back up to his shoulder, and grinned casually at Rep. "How's your shield doing?" he asked. "Didn't want to take you out by accident."

HP: 22/50
Damage: nope
Charge: 0/3 | 1/1, 0/2  
Baneful rolled 2 8-sided dice: 3, 5 Total: 8 (2-16)
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:06 pm

"Noooot really." Rep stated truthfully, the last time someone as skilled as Jordan had hit him with a fear attack he had woken up in the infirmary with the worst headache of his life and a black eye he was still able to see in the mirror.

Of course he didn't get an actual /say/ in the matter as already Jordan was swinging towards him and suddenly there was a whoosh of flame close enough he could feel it just by looking at it and he braced himself for another infirmary visit, wincing visibly.

But the hit didn't come. For whatever miracle of mercy it didn't hit. Rep didn't take this perhaps as a sign that Jordan was being considerate of his potentially shattered bones, he took it as a sign of weakness and immediately lashed out and struck, even more pissed off at the scent on the air.

Singed scarf. "I just GOT that ******** thing."

(( HP - 23
DMG - 2
CHARGE 2/3 1/2 ))

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

prolixity rolled 2 10-sided dice: 4, 4 Total: 8 (2-20)

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:14 pm
Jordan shrugged, swaying back slightly to avoid the worst of the hit. "Try being the guy with the flaming weapon. I go through scarves more than I care to think about."

A silent consultation with Ferros made him grit his teeth. This fight wasn't going nearly as well as he'd hoped; nevertheless, he wasn't conceding unless his shield actually dropped. He might yet be able to land a good hit or two; if he got Rep hard enough, he might be able to intimidate the guy into giving up.

Another short swing, aiming for the other shoulder this time. "Pretty good practice," he said.

HP: 20/50
Damage: 2
Charge: 1/3 | 1/1, 0/2  
Baneful rolled 2 8-sided dice: 4, 6 Total: 10 (2-16)
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:21 pm

Rep couldn't help but laugh out loud. "I have a ******** flaming weapon but in a /totally/ different sense of the word. I'd trade up anyday." Tracey drawled sarcastically.

Jordan's blow nevertheless struck true and Rep found he was starting to get pretty far into the desperation zone, the place where he was acutely aware he couldn't hold out against more, slightly hunched as he fought with the weight of the weapon he weilded, clearly not used to it, clearly still going by pure stubbornness rather than real skill. But it was stubborness that blazed like a small private sun.

It only helped that pain for him was more a kick than an actual concern, washed away in the wake of adrenaline and the thrill of the fight. Once again he charged, once again he struck out, determined to win this, determined to prove his credibility as a manly man worthy of the sun division's title.

(( HP - 21
DMG - 4
CHARGE 3/3 1/2 ))

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

prolixity rolled 2 10-sided dice: 6, 5 Total: 11 (2-20)

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:33 pm
Not just a douchebag, but a stubborn douchebag. Damn. Still, Jordan wasn't about to give up now, not when he'd already got the guy worried. The bigger concern was whether Rep's weapon was going to be able to pull a charge again, and how much that would hurt; it was possible that the guy was going to take him down. Wouldn't that just be lovely.

If he could keep up his appearance of unshakable calm, he'd probably at least get some degree of respect from Rep. He wasn't sure he liked that thought. Respect didn't mean much from a guy like that. Jordan let the axe slash down his side, and brought Ferros around in an immediate counterattack while Rep was still recovering from the momentum of the swing. "Fighting angry can get you hurt," he observed.

HP: 16/50
Damage: 5
Charge: 2/3 | 1/1, 0/2  
Baneful rolled 7 4-sided dice: 1, 4, 3, 3, 4, 3, 2 Total: 20 (7-28)
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:43 pm

Rep reeled back from the counterattack, laughing in sheer giddy surprise, ******** he got punished for most of his attempts to break the other sun hunter's defenses. He was learning somewhat, unwittingly taking on board the plus sides of being controlled. He couldn't tell how hurt, if at all Jordan was, whereas he himself was a manic looking mess.

He knew Tracey was ready for another charge, the first time he'd gotten to use a charge twice in the same fight, he could feel that rush carrying him up on wings of adrenaline. He couldn't back down, he couldn't show even an inch of weakness in the face of as much control as Jordan had been displaying the entire fight. "No ******** kidding I've found /that/ out already. But I can't ******** help it. Its so FRUSTRATING. I just WANT TO ******** WIN."

And in a grand little show of tantrum, he furiously leapt forward, misjudged completely and wasted his charge on sticking tracey about half a meter into the ********." He snarled as the adrenaline of the charge left him trying to hurriedly haul the blade out of the ground

(( HP - 16
DMG - MISS
CHARGE 0/3 2/2 ))

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

prolixity rolled 2 10-sided dice: 9, 7 Total: 16 (2-20)

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:53 pm
"That's what'll trip you up." A smile quirked at the corner of Jordan's mouth; he didn't give Rep a chance to pull Tracey free before charging the other man, putting some muscle into the swing while Rep was off guard. Ferros roared exultantly in a blast of heat in his mind. Kill him, the dragon rumbled.

Can't, Jordan answered. More trouble than it's worth. He moved back, swinging Ferros out to the side. "Rep," he said evenly. "Ferros is charged again."

HP: 16/50
Damage: 10
Charge: 3/3 | 1/1, 0/2  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:06 pm

Rep couldn't even defend against the swing which actually knocked him completely off of the axe in the ground, sending him sprawling with a thump. He'd been SO close, he could almost taste victory and now here he was again, under someone else's heel. He bet the guy thought he was an utter and complete failure now.

Panting with utter exhaustion, he found his legs rather unsteady as he got to his feet, Tracey desummoning with a flash, he couldn't even /look/ at Jordan. Losing to the women, that was infuriating, maddening, but he could write that off, he'd gone easy on them, they were women. But he hadn't gone easy here at all. As soon as he got his breath back enough to speak without stammering like a silly kid he stated.

"Yeah I know I know..No need to use it. I give up, mate. I lose. You win." He held up his hands "You were the better man."

(( HP - 6
DMG - NOPE
CHARGE 0/3 2/2 ))

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:13 pm
"Good spar," Jordan said. "Think about what I was saying. Unless you want to keep getting flattened. And you're not going to get laid any time this century if you keep insulting the women, dude. Seriously. Someone insults you, I bet it makes you want to hit them. Right?"  
THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff