Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Otherworld™

Back to Guilds

A journey to another life... 

Tags: Otherworld, Roleplay, Mythical, Game, Intelligent 

Reply [ ✔ ] The Otherworld | Main RP #1
[CLOSED] Colonel Henry Cosgrove - Southern Isles Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Genrin619
Captain

Unforgiving Warlord

16,875 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:54 am
User Image
Henry heard Borus roaring in the distance, creating a much needed distraction. He heard a voice on the ledge overhead. "You three go take care of that thing. I'll grab the girl. He tightened his grip on the pearl handle of his sword. When the young vampire leapt down, he was ready. His sword flashed like lightning as he arced it high and made a clean chop of the vampire's head. Blood sprayed his white linen shirt. He grabbed the vampires corpse and drained his blood into a small flask.

He sheathed his sword and made his way toward the young girl. He lifted the jacket off of the girl, poured some of the blood into his hands and smeared it on her arms. "This should mask your human scent. Put on the jacket." He took her in his arms again. "It's not safe here. They'll pick up our scent around the cave. We have to move somewhere else, where there is no human trace." He lifted her once more and took off at a run through the cliffs, finally settling on a remote one not far from the raging ocean. "This will do," he told her, slightly out of breath. "I'm Colonel Henry Cosgrove of the Southern Isles," he said with a gentle smile. "Are you alright?"  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:11 pm
User Image

I wanted to scream as I saw him behead a vampire but I stayed frozen. As I felt his hand on me placimg vampire blood on me.sent chills down my spine. I then seen I was in his arms. I was quiet as we ran trying to get away from the Children of the night. Slowly my mind was.recalling what happened but I snapped out of it as soon as he said his name. "I'm Keira." Was all I said as my voice was.naturally.soft. I was shaking as I felt uncomfortable with the fact that vampires are trhing to get me. But the problem is, I didn't jnow vampires.were real.  

00Rebecca_Chambers00

Genrin619
Captain

Unforgiving Warlord

16,875 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:37 am
User Image
"Keira," he repeated softly, comitting it to memory. He sat next to her, confident that the low-ranking trappers would be taken care of; no one would care if they were killed, that was the nature of vampires. Unless you were important, they simply replaced you. He stretched out his legs with a sigh. It seems as if the shipment will be a little late, after all. John came through the cave entrance, panting and dragging the supplies behind him. "Borus," Henry asked. John dropped the case and slumped against the wall across from them as he caught his breath. Once he recovered, he straightened up in military fashion. "Still disposing of the vampires, sir. Just on the other side of those cliffs." He pushed his black hair out of his eyes. "May I," he asked the colonel. Henry nodded and John shifted into a black cat and yawned. He curled up at Keira's feet.

The colonel turned to Keira. "Are you hungry? We have some provisions," he told her, indicating the large iron box at the end of the cave.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:54 am
User Image

I looked at the man who came in and my eyes,with wide in astonshment as I never seen such a thing happened before. I leaned forward as I looked the black cat. "No I'm not hungry but thank you for offering Colonel. Umm if you don't mind me asking but what is he?" I had the urge to pet him but I thought better of it as he could get mad.  

00Rebecca_Chambers00

Genrin619
Captain

Unforgiving Warlord

16,875 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:08 am
User Image
The colonel smiled. "He's a shifter. Shifters are born with the gift to change into one or two animals, never more. They can communicate telepathically with those animals - in John's case, cats and horses - as well as other shifters of any types, including werewolves and such, reguardless of what animal they can change to. You can pet him if you like," he added with a soft chuckle and John purred in agreement. "He prefers animal forms over human-like forms," he went on, seeking to distract and comfort Keira with conversation, "He finds our emotions confusing. He thinks there are too many of them, and hates the feel of emotions such as jealousy and envy. He instead prefers the simple and pure emotions of animals." John bobbed his furry head and yawned again.

The colonel's nose began to bleed. He took a kercheif from his pocket and dabbed at his nose. Catching Keira's eye, he smiled. "A small side effect of keeping my gift bottled up," he said with a wink. He leaned back against the wall. "And now we wait," he said aloud to no one in particular. "Now we wait..."  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:01 am
User Image

I leaned over and striked the black cat as his fur was soft beneath my fingers. "I suppose its understandable. But emotions is what makes us human without them then there would be no point of wars, murders, and other bad things. Animals have emotions such as pain, love, and even terrytorial along with protection." I smiled as I enjoyed petting the cat. "But humans can be cruel as well as any other species. And Colonel if you don't mind me asking but what are you? Forgive my straight forwardness but I never believed vampires and shifters exist."  

00Rebecca_Chambers00

Genrin619
Captain

Unforgiving Warlord

16,875 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:20 pm
User Image
The colonel smiled kindly. "I am... unique," he told her, "And much older than you think. I've been around for, oh, let's just say more than a couple thousand years. I've seen my fair share of things - the rise and fall of great kingdoms, many glorious battles, and only a few women so beautiful inside they have made even the coldest stone weep - but never anyone like me." He stared off in the distance, reflecting on his past. "It's a lonely thing, knowing that. But also a bit of a comfort. I wouldn't trust anyone else to be as powerful and remain pure of heart. It took me a century or two to learn to control what I have. I only use it in dire need," he raised his kerchief, "And a result of bottling up so much power, nosebleeds. Among other things," he added darkly. He chuckled. "Listen to me prattle on about myself. I am sure you have more questions on your mind. Am I right?"  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:51 pm
User Image

"Not at all my good sir. I am sure you both must be exhaused and me asking question will come another time." I still stroked the cat. "Is it alright if I picked him up and place him in my lap. My back is starting to hurt. I am fond of cats. Snd honextly I cannot recall what happened to me." I frowned as I was trying to think.  

00Rebecca_Chambers00

Genrin619
Captain

Unforgiving Warlord

16,875 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:07 am
User Image
"Sure. He won't mind a bit," he told Keira. She picked John up and put him in her lap. He purred. He leaned against the cave wall once more and waited patiently. Eventually, Borus came stomping into the cave and sat down heavily. The colonel introduced him to Keira. He nodded politely. "It's no use," Henry said, "We'll have to wait until dawn and double the pace if we're to make it to the Westland Woods in time." He reached over and buttoned up the coat around Keira. "It gets really cold here at night," he told her, "Let us know if it gets too cold for you and we'll chance building a fire."

John purred softly in Keira's lap, Borus munched on some of his provisions, and Henry meditated to keep his mind off the bitter cold that was intensified by his blood soaked white shirt.

"Morning will come soon enough," he whispered to Keira, "Don't worry."  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:21 am
User Image

I stroked the cat once again. "Thank you.my lord." I started to shake but not of the cold. In every inch of my body I felt like something was coming. I stood up. "My lord we need to leave. I feel like something is coming." I couldn't explain how  

00Rebecca_Chambers00

Genrin619
Captain

Unforgiving Warlord

16,875 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:21 am
User Image
Henry's eyes snapped open an instant before she said it. He could sense it too. He stood quickly. "John, we need a horse. NOW. Borus, can you draw them away and rendevous with us in the Westland Woods' Territory?" Borus nodded and quickly took off on foot as John hitched himself up to the caravan and shifted back into the beautiful white horse. Henry scooped Keira up and put her on the back of the horse before leaping up and grabbing the reigns. They bolted out along the path. Vampires... and something else he couldn't quite discern. Luckily, whatever they were seemed to be taking off after Borus.

A vampire astride a black horse pulled along side of them. Henry thrust the reigns into Keira's hands as he withdrew his sword and shoved it into the vampire's ribcage. He fell. Henry lept onto the black horse's back and spurred it on. More vampires upon the rocks, running - and keeping pace, too. He pulled just a little closer - enough to tempt them to jump. It worked. Two vampires jumped toward him; they overshot and landed on the case of supplies. Henry carefully stood and vaulted over the black horse and onto the cart. The first one took a swing at his torso - the sharp claws found their mark. They dug deep, drawing thick crimson blood. He pushed the pain from his mind. "Duck down," he shouted at Keira. She obeyed. His blade flashed in the moonlight and bit into the flesh of the young vampire's neck. It continued and made a clean cut straight through; the head went sailing through the air, right over Keira's head. The second vampire was quicker. She pierced his deltoid, just where it met the neck. Colonel Henry dropped his sword and fell.

She siezed the opportunity and pounced on him. He raised his arms; they locked together and viciously grappled. She let out a gutteral growl as she snapped her jaws at his arms. He raised his legs and worked them into her abdomen. She realized what he was doing much too late. With as much strength as he could muster, he kicked out hard; she went sailing through the air and rolled under the black horse's hooves. She was dead. He retrieved his sword and sheathed it. Still bleeding freely from his neck and chest, he clambered precariously onto it's back once more and soothed it into a trott. "Are you hurt," he asked Keira as she slowed to a pace beside him.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:07 am
User Image

After I ducked, I grabbed hold of the reign and was terrified. As.the Colonel was fighting only one was about to hurt John but I kicked it down just so john can stomp on it. But not.before it slashed my upper arm. After the fight was over I looked over to the colonel. "Are you going to be alright my Lord?" I was worried as I seen a lot of blood and ontop of that my blood has shed. "Thete's going to be more following as you can see one deliberatly slashed my harm to draw blood. Forgive me since it was your jacket that they ripped."  

00Rebecca_Chambers00

Genrin619
Captain

Unforgiving Warlord

16,875 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:20 am
User Image
"The jacket is not important. You are important. We'll keep heading for the Westland Woods' boundary. By law, they cannot hunt there." Henry slumped in the saddle; his head was rushing and he began to feel faint. Within minutes, he had gone white. He mustered up the strength and teleported them - horses, supplies and all - as close to the woods as he could manage in a torrent of rushing wind. The strain of such a task nearly killed him and he was feeling cold; blood now poured from his mouth, nose, and faster than ever from his wounds. He could make out the woods on the horizon and willed himself to hang on. He had to be there when they entered; he couldn't leave Keira - a human who knew nothing of this world - to fend for herself.

He slid forward even further, his blood dripping into the horse's mane. He could hardly hold the reigns and noticed that he had become so pale that his veins were beginning to show. His mouth became slack and his vision blurred. He looked ahead and could make out the line of trees and the sheild. "Almost there," he said, slurring the words, "Keira, in the coat pocket is a letter. When we get in the line of trees, ask to speak to Captain Munroe. Give him the letter. Don't give it to anyone else. He'll take me to a healer and find a safe place for you to stay."

They passed through the barrier and he fell unconcious.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:29 am
User Image

I was even more worry as the Colonel was looking like he was going to pass out and fighting off Death himself. I gear what he said andvrepeated the name. I quickly got off John and went to the Colonel. "John can you help him? My Lord is far more important the me. I'm merley an orphan who has no idea what happened to me." I took the reign of John and the hourse who held the Colonel. "John stay alert. I feel uneasy as if someone is watching." I felt a tigling sensation as if I felt where the presence was. I looked over to the tree and knew I was right. "Who's there?"  

00Rebecca_Chambers00

Genrin619
Captain

Unforgiving Warlord

16,875 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:41 am
User Image
John quickly shifted into his human form and dropped the cart. "You are important. The colonel risked his life to make sure you were safe. Never forget that." He took off his uniform jacket and slipped on a brown leather one from the cart as a figure stepped out from the trees. He had short white hair and wore a green and gold uniform. "Give me the letter," John whispered to Keira. She reached inside the jacket and passed it to him. "We have a letter here for Captain Munroe, to be given to him directly. I am John Harcourt of the Southern Isles. My superior is unconcious and wounded - Colonel Henry Cosgrove. This is our charge, Keira." The man nodded and beckoned them. They followed him, John tugging the cart of supplies.

Eventually, they came upon a large city. The man led them through the cobbled streets, crowded with masked people. "There is a carnival tonight to celebrate the wedding of the Fey King and Queen," the man expained, "Fairies." John smiled. "Good timing, eh," he said to Keira with a smile, "I never missed this festival when I was a child. I was born here, you know. Wait 'till the fairies come out just before dawn."

They reached a large manor. "We'll take your supplies and Colonel Cosgrove to the healer. Go upstairs and enter the second door on the left. Captain Munroe will be there."

John offered his arm to Keira as the man ordered his soldiers to take the shipment around to the healer. "Shall we, my lady?"  
[ ✔ ] The Otherworld | Main RP #1

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff