Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[Pathfinder] Shadows of the Last War [Preparing for Launch] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:59 am
I have a question. Dragon Mark of Storm provides a +2 bonus to Balance checks but Balance is no longer a skill in Pathfinder. Do I reallocate the +2 to Acrobatics or only apply the bonus when the check is balance based?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:37 am
Will early firearms be available in this campaign?  

SilverAnubis

SilverAnubis rolled 4 8-sided dice: 5, 2, 4, 6 Total: 17 (4-32)

SilverAnubis

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:04 am
Rolling for health  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:11 am
Arc Vembris
Mark of Shadow gives me a bonus to Gather Info, what skill should that be?

Diplomacy.  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:12 am
iLL iNTENT
I have a question. Dragon Mark of Storm provides a +2 bonus to Balance checks but Balance is no longer a skill in Pathfinder. Do I reallocate the +2 to Acrobatics or only apply the bonus when the check is balance based?

I'd go with just Acrobatics.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:25 am
SilverAnubis

That is an excellent question... I've been considering this - Eberron as writ has skirted the idea of firearms and tried to avoid them entirely. I think the appropriate canonical answer for the question would be "no," but I'm open to it if other participants are. I don't find anything wrong with firearms personally.  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:45 am
Firearms seems like a fine fit to me. We've got an airship for crying out loud, lol And there's also Lightning Rail trains. I'd say allow them. Maybe even give any artificers out there proficiency with them as well. It seems like something they'd have.

In other news, I've completed my character background and stuff for Aden. I took a few...liberties with how the ship fell into our hands. Nothing specific was mentioned in the description, and I thought since I'm the one who's able to pilot it I thought what the heck xd If it doesn't work though just let me know, I'll happily change it if you had something else in mind.

Aden Agrona: Storm Marked Half-Elf Summoner, Ship Hijacker, Military Deserter and all-round Party Guy

Faolan: Adens Eidolon, the Feathered Fury, and Occasional Drinking Buddy  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:22 am
Em, may I create a special weapon? Or modify the existing one? Cause I would like to only have to carry my one bow, but I would like to have a form of slashing damage. I'm thinking of making the bow ends be bladed and treat the damage like it is a quarterstaff, but slashing damage instead.  

Vampfighter1
Crew

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:43 am
Vampfighter1
Em, may I create a special weapon? Or modify the existing one? Cause I would like to only have to carry my one bow, but I would like to have a form of slashing damage. I'm thinking of making the bow ends be bladed and treat the damage like it is a quarterstaff, but slashing damage instead.

Have you considered something like the swordbow stuff from the Magic Item Compendium? Bows that transform into swords?

I'm not sure that there is a way for a bow to be treated like a quarterstaff, of the top of my head...  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:48 am
Well I've already spent a junk load on the bow to make it seeking...  

Vampfighter1
Crew

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:49 am
Vampfighter1

Just reallocate your funds. Not like we've started playing yet.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:56 am
A major question because this involves my class, are you willing to allow a non deity worshipping cleric in your campaign?  

SilverAnubis

Vampfighter1
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:56 am
I'll think about my possibilies  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:58 am
Vampfighter1

Basically, you want your bow to also be a melee weapon double weapon with slashing damage? Is that right?  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:04 am
SilverAnubis
A major question because this involves my class, are you willing to allow a non deity worshipping cleric in your campaign?

While I've never been a big fan of godless clerics and disallow them in my homebrew, it appears that Eberron makes allowances:
Eberron Campaign Setting
You may also decide that your cleric has no deity bu instead channels divine power from the spiritual remnants of the Dragon Above. Select two domains that reflect the cleric's spiritual inclination and abilities. The restriction on alignment domains still applies.

SilverAnubis

After having input from a potential player... yes, I'll allow firearms. I personally enjoy the idea of a warforged gunslinger as an evocative concept. So you may very well meet one.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff