Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN
[PRP] Birds of a Feather [Sparrow/Wren] Fin! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lilwolfpard
Crew

Magical Unicorn

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:32 pm
The flush on her face went away as a normal conversation seemed to arise, food? "Uhm... i am..new." She said leaning back and forth some, her hooves clip clopped back and forth with the movements. "Where do we get food?"

...The ghoul had been turning into a deer and grazing for the past few days. It was enough to pass by, but if she did not get a source of protein soon she would start to feel the side effects. The peryton had even tried to catch a bird once or twice in the forest, to no avail. She was not exactly a good hunter...but appearing like a deer did have its advantages. Sometimes the local animals did not see you as a threat.

Looking outside, she noticed that the rain was letting up now... at least it was a friendly drizzle and not coming down in sheets. Even a bird or two, possibly one she failed to catch, was starting to sing once more. "Show please?" Once again she reached out for the poor boy, and latched on to his arm.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:51 pm
He was relieved to see the blush recede from her cheeks, but now she was swaying a little her eyes wide and curious. It made her look more like a deer than she had before, one of her fluffy ears flicking in a very doe-like manner.

Sparrow was beginning to think he'd stumbled into something that potentially could be very difficult. There was something about Wren that was very endearing - she was somewhat like a child, perhaps, in her mannerisms, but she was neither a child, nor childish.

"I - er - ah - "

He had been trying to think of a good place to eat, scrounge up somewhere nice quickly in his mind, but she had grabbed his arm and was looking up at him expectantly - and Sparrow's thoughts had sorta crumbled into nothingness.

Some part of his bravado shriveled and died. Sparrow mentally sighed, and attempted what he hoped was a normal smile - except it was nothing like his usual flirtatious grins. Instead it was almost hesitant, but there was genuine pleasure in it.

"As you wish," he said, and took her by the hand, pulling her outside. The rain had slowed to a drizzle, which had slowed to next to nothing, so he would be able to walk with Wren and not get soaked.

"Er," he said, as they crossed the campus towards the reaper dorms. "I, er...need to, um. Change...first....since I'm....er, a little drenched here....."

The awkward feeling was returning.

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

Lilwolfpard
Crew

Magical Unicorn

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:05 pm
Instead of being dragged along, the ghoul decided it would be best to keep up with the reaper. So she clip clopped along standing right beside him, not really feeling odd about holding hands. In her herd, sometimes the deers would stand side by side while they walked and brush coats.... this was normal for her. Comforting too, she had not really had a companion since she came to the school.

Blinking, she looked down at her own flowy outfit for a moment.. and then turned to study the male. Hmm... nope. "I dont think my c-cloths would fit you."He seemed too....tall, and broad. Ears flicking from side to side.. she watched a squirrel that darted in front of them with almost a predators gleam in her eyes. They glowed a smidge brighter... and then the creature darted into a tree. It vanished a moment later, was it ever there?

"We could stop by your dorm?" Sparrow hadn't told her what he was, so she was not exactly certain. He was not a monster apparently... Demon? Reaper? Ghost? Zombie....ok maybe not zombie, he seemed rather alive and with himself in tact. They seemed to be heading towards the reaper dorms... As they approached the entrance, Wren stopped in her tracks... sudenly awkward. "I-i wait here!"  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:15 pm
Wren's hand was very small and delicate in his own. Sparrow hadn't exactly meant to keep holding it - he had grabbed hers in order to lead her outside, but now she was walking beside him and he found it quite difficult to let go, especially when she gave him a look with those big doe eyes. It seemed awkward and slightly rude to just...drop her hand like that.

So he kept holding it and attempted not to feel like an idiot.

Sparrow's eyes slid towards her as she spoke, and a light laugh escaped his throat. "No, I'm sure they wouldn't fit me," he agreed with amusement, glancing down at her own very distinctly feminine outfit. Hastily he lifted his eyes again and smiled. "I was going to ask if you wouldn't mind if we stopped by my dorm? Just so I could change?"

He was beginning to feel like himself again - at least, until Wren stopped dead just outside the reaper dorms. Slightly bemused, he glanced back at her, tilting his head.

"No worries," he said, standing awkwardly with his arm outstretched, still holding her hand. "I don't want you standing out here by yourself. You ca come up, I promise it'll be - erm - safe."

Sparrow was feeling stupider by the second. He found it quite unpleasant, the idea of living Wren out here by herself, even if it was only for a moment, so he squeezed her fingers gently, as if to reassure her. The sky overhead was a dull grey, threatening rain once more, and the last thing he wanted was for Wren to get soaked while he was inside and warm.

"Come on," he said. "I'll only be a moment, I promise. And my room's on the first floor, so we've only got to walk down the hall here."

He tugged gently, motioning for her to follow him, and led the way down the expansive hallway until they reached 18C. Sparrow unlocked it, pushed open the door, and then felt suddenly very exposed.

He was taking a ghoul. Into his room. For an innocent reason, Jackdammit, but the last ghoul to have been in his room had been Riley, when she was running for Student Council President...and he was not entirely certain she even counted as a ghoul anyway.

"Erm," Sparrow said. "I'll just - I'll just be a second. Make yourself at home."

Then he promptly grabbed some clothes out of the closet and quickly ducked into the bathroom.

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

Lilwolfpard
Crew

Magical Unicorn

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:41 pm
While sparrow might be thinking not so innocent thoughts, Wren on the other hand was very content and did not see a problem with it too much. Sure she felt a undercurrent of her invading his 'glen' as she would call it, but curiosity was over-riding any sort of bashfulness. She offered to wait outside because she had not known if he was territorial, some males were.

Moving around inside the room the first thing she noticed was how bare it was. A chair, a desk, a bed, and a armoire. Sure a few other odds and ends, but it was the bareness of it all that made it stand out. It was something the girl could appreciate.

Her outfit of golds and reds contrasted majorly with the room.

As she walked around it she stood out like a sort thumb, brushing her hands gently across the desk. It looked so bare but, in the simplicity of it it was still nice and homey. Shuffling towards the one large chair she saw, she flopped down in to it as she waited for her friend to dress. Friend..? She had a friend that fast? She was not sure... she was still warry of the boil for certain, maybe they would be acquaintances at least? He seemed nice enough...

If there was a book nearby, she would have picked it up and thumbed through it.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:26 pm
Sparrow's thoughts were relatively innocent - sort of. For the most part he was just incredibly, incredibly nervous to be having a ghoul up in his room - even if said ghoul was completely oblivious to the situation and was probably quite unaware of her host's inner angsting.

Inside the locked bathroom, he leaned back against the door and closed his eyes briefly. Wren, despite her clueless nature, had, at the very least, managed to succeed in doing what no other ghoul had done yet - namely fluster him. When he was flirting with a certain werewolf, or introducing himself to a pretty face, he was used to being in control, completely calm.

And then Wren had to go and do that cheek rubbing thing and now he was totally thrown off his game.

Sparrow sighed. Then he pulled his jacket off and slung it over the shower rod to dry, quickly doing the same with the rest of his sodden clothes. When he was full dressed again, this time in a pair of nice black slacks, a white, button down shirt, and a black ribbon tied neatly beneath the collar, he took a deep breath, steeled himself to act normally again (she's just a ghoul, Sparrow - it's not like she's the devil or anything), and stepped back out into the room.

Wren was sitting curled in a chair, her legs tucked beneath her, and Sparrow crossed the floor towards her, fingers linked behind his back as he stopped beside her, smiling down at the peryton.

"I'm sorry - I'm ready now," he said, and held out his hand to help her up. "Shall we go find something to eat now?"

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

Lilwolfpard
Crew

Magical Unicorn

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:12 pm
A sign that she had heard him approach was her deer ear closest to him was actually swiveled into his direction. Deer guide 101: they are always skittish and listen for ANY sudden movements. Usually she would have turned to face the random noises, eyes wanting to confirm what information her ears were telling here... but this time she could be faulty. She knew that Sparrow was in the other room.

Flicking her sunshine yellow eyes, warm with the glow, she stood up and smoothed down the front of her outfit at the same time. Her outfit was small enough she could not..really afford for it to bunch up. It had its uses though, and a reason for being such a length. How could a doe run to her full capacity if she was covered with fabric to trip over?

"No need for sorry!" She said, once again latching on to him and this time SHE was the one to drag him away. A flaw she realized once she was outside of the reapers room... Quickly she released his hand, and took a step away. "User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."

She really did not know why she was comfortable so fast. Usually it took her a LONG..long time. Maybe it was because she was looking for someone to talk with.

Almost on cue... Shadow was there to save the day!... And make a few rude gestures.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:56 pm
Just a ghoul just a ghoul just a ghoul just a ghoul...

Sparrow repeated this mantra over and over again in his head, especially when he looked down and saw a pair of wide, glowing eyes looking up at him cheerfully.

More of his pride shriveled and died. What was it about Wren that made him feel so pathetically ill adept at talking like a normal human being? Perhaps it was the way she spoke, like everything was new and exciting - or maybe it was the fact that she slipped so easily into that second language of hers that he couldn't understand.

Or maybe it was that she had grabbed his hand again and towed him outside without even thinking about it.

Sparrow was not used to this sort of innocent forwardness - and it flustered him. He was off his game.

"Er," he said, once she had dropped his hand, looking flabbergasted. "No, no, it's okay, I..."

He what exactly? Sparrow's mouth opened and closed, as if the words wouldn't exactly come. Then, just as he had made up his mind to say something more, a movement down on the ground caught his eye.

"Hey!" he said, slightly outraged. "Stop that!"

Then he promptly stomped down on the shadow, even though he knew it was stupid and would do absolutely nothing. But at least it gave him some satisfaction - and broke the tension.

Looking back up, he reached out and took Wren's hand again with a genuine smile.

"Come on," he said. "I know a place we can eat."

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

Lilwolfpard
Crew

Magical Unicorn

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:35 pm
"S-Stop what?" She called out, herself being dragged behind the boil momentarily before she picked up the pace and caught up once again, traveling along by his own set walking pace with no issues.

Randomly that made her think who would win between them in a running contest... it was something her clan would do on a tri-yearly basis. A obstacle course. Usually there was contests depending if you were a buck or doe, but the two contests the two mixed together were flying and running. That was something the two could share... though the bucks always seemed to win.

Thinking for a moment, she attempted to formulate her words together without sounding stupid. Her brain was hard wired for Atlantean, not English. "Did i d-do something bad?" She had not realized her shadow, which was being ODDLY mellow at the moment, had made any gestures.

She waited and watched as he guided them towards the food place,wondering where this place was and if they had proteins.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:02 pm
Her question made him stop abruptly, accidentally bumping into the ghoul. "No!" he said quickly, feeling horrified that she had thought herself to be in the wrong. "No, you're just fine - please, don't worry about it, um..."

"You...um..." said Sparrow, feeling mildly stupid. "Not, er. Not you. Your, um..."

He gestured rather pathetically to the shadow, which was now making a very rude gesture indeed at him. Wren seemed unaware that her follower was doing what it was doing, which made Sparrow wonder just how her shadow had gotten to be what it was. He himself had an attachment with shadows, considering what he was and what his FEAR was, but Wren's shadow seemed very peculiar in and of itself.

"You're absolutely...fine," he said, his expression softening. "Really, you're quite a delight to be around."

They were nearing their destination - a small, half hidden place in one of the main buildings on the Amityville campus.

"Here," said Sparrow, and led her inside. There was a small kitchen, rarely used - he had found it on one of his many walks around the grounds, and for the most part it seemed abandoned. Perhaps it had been a room used for cooking classes at one point, but now it was just quiet and dark.

"I thought, I'd, er...make you something," he said, feeling suddenly apprehensive of her reaction. "Since you were so very helpful for me."

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

Lilwolfpard
Crew

Magical Unicorn

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:51 pm
"Oh."

Was pretty much all she really said on the subject matter, wheeling around she caught her shadow for once... just looking like her shadow. Only hint that it was different, was when he caught Wren looking it briefly shrugged it shoulders, acting like it had no idea what was going on.

Yeah, the peryton really doubted that.

Wheeling around she felt herself bite her lip, he liked being around her? Others seemed to shy from her... being the new girl you would think she would get a few people to try and help?

...Then again she tended to skitter away a lot. Both because it was in her nature... and she was embarrassed of her shadow.

Finally inside, the doe peered around curiously... As he spoke to her, she chose to listen until he finished. She really had not done anything she thought was worthy of such kindness, but if he wanted to cook... " Mom always did the cooking at h-home... never learned." She probably should have but... i think they all assumed there was a cafeteria or something on campus. Looking around the kitchen, she found a few things here and there. Produce, like carrots and stuff, and even some milk and cheese in the fridge. There was even a small assortment of meats... someone clearly did use this kitchen now and then. She was hungry now that she saw the food, so she hoped they did not mind them helping themselves.

"W-what do you like to cook?"  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:14 am
Sparrow was starting to learn very quickly that Wren's shadow was going to be quite a difficult thing to get used to - and that it would potentially be a rather annoying thing, following this poor ghoul around.

Except the peryton could not help that, and he could not help but feel quite sorry for her and wish that he could figure out a way to at least make it stop flipping him off.

That was just not very nice at all.

"It's all right if you don't know how to cook," said Sparrow reassuringly, as he pulled the gloves from his fingers and pushed up the sleeves of his dress shirt. "Not everyone knows how, after all; doesn't mean you're a bad person or anything."

He smiled at her, and moved around to the fridge. It had been empty when he had first discovered the room, but Sparrow had started filling it with a few things each time he visited, just so he would not have to keep making trips back and forth from his dorm.

"That depends," he asked, leaning across the counter in the middle of the room to peer at her curiously. "What do you like to eat?"

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

Lilwolfpard
Crew

Magical Unicorn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:47 pm
She couldnt help it, as he stretched across the counter... she took a step back in the other direction. Ears pricked forward, she tilted her head to the side and watched him curiously. It was a interesting position he was in, and her reaction was entirely on instinct. Ironic actually, she had just been walking side by side with Sparrow and yet now she chooses to shy away?

She Always was a bit jumpy.

Standing there staring for a moment... she soon felt herself relaxing. When she truly trusted Sparrow, she would then stop being AS jumpy... maybe.

"Um... I really.. Well." She looked away for a moment, bringing her arms behind her back as she clasped her hands together. "People assume... I am a p-plant eater only." Biting her lip, she shook her head enthusiastically, and then she gave a laugh. Something really random given the situation. It was chiming, and rather feminine in sound.

"I am quite definitely a omnivore." A blunt way of saying she eats protein but... yeah!

"What do you like to eat?"  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:28 am
She had moved away. She had moved away.

More of Sparrow's pride shriveled and died. He tried not to let this show.

"Being an omnivore is good," he answered, surprised by her answer. "I have to admit, I wasn't expecting that you'd eat meat, but I'm pleasantly taken aback. It's rather nice knowing you don't live on plants.

Leaning back, he increased the distance between them again (she had moved backkkkk - STOP IT, his brain yelled, she's just a ghoul) and absently picked at the sleeves of his shirt, rolled up to his elbows.

"Me?" Sparrow said, brows lifting as he dropped his hands and began rummaging in the cabinets above the stove top, his back to Wren - hopefully she wouldn't notice the faint red tinge of embarrassment on his face. "I like a little bit of everything, I suppose - I tend to like pasta and steak most of all."

He opened the fridge, glancing inside. "How does rice and steak sound?"

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

Lilwolfpard
Crew

Magical Unicorn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:25 pm
"Most expect." She said with a shrug, walking around the counter. Her own curiosity getting the better of her, she approached to get a closer look. It seemed the ghoul was skittish when someone approached HER... but if she approached herself, it was a little better.

Thankfully for the boil, if she did notice the redness to his face she did not express anything wrong with it.

Unfortunately, the shadow seemed to have noticed... and would not miss a opportunity to mock the poor reaper. Being able to move by itself, it cast itself in front of Sparrow, and made a swooning motion.

Sigh.

Face turning red Wren made a poking act at the shadow. "You! Stop it!" She grumped at it... shading her head. "Shadow never listen... Steak?" Topic change ahoy! She perked her ears and nodded a few times enthusiastically at the word. "Steak would b-be amazing." Cow was a good thing. Usually her people had to trade if they wanted beef. They raised chickens and other sorta of foul on their lands... lots of smaller prey they could handle.

"Rice?" Her face wrinkled up a little at that... she was not too fond of rice. She would eat some to be polite... but alone, never!

Looking around briefly, she noticed that their really was no chairs nearby... so with a flap of wings, the ghoul settled herself on the edge of one of the counters. "Anything i do to help?"  
THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff