Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[CLASS RP ] After the Adventure. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

x_Nata_x

Interesting Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:27 pm
Petra took her time getting out of the pod, far longer than any of the others had, it seemed. The hissing sound of rushing air escaping the pod filled her slowly-returning sense of hearing, muffled and a little distorted as her senses began to reorient from being connected to a body which had not been hers, although her eyes stayed closed even as the white light of the pod room shown through her eyelids, alerting her that her eyes at least moderately regained her sense of sight. At first, she just laid their for a second, thinking to herself, analyzing the data she had accumulated during the mission, as if it might not have completely transferred from the golem to her own conscious. Then, she began a mental check. The dank, clammy smell of the pod room filled her nose with every breath, cold and wet against skin which had been still for twenty four hours. She mentally checked those two senses off. Upon this cursory inspection, there was no initial pain... experimentally, she moved her fingers next, just the fingertips, then clenching and unclenching her hands, mindful of the sluggish feeling which must have been a sedative used to keep their normal bodies still while they were in the golems. Only then did her eyes move underneath the lids, shifting as if she were in rem sleep before she let her eyes flick open, blinking.

Across the room, she could hear what was most certainly Robert whoop with glee, most likely at successfully reobtaining his regular body. Still, even as she watched the others start to filter out, she stayed where she was in the pod for a good long time, a seemingly permanent blank expression etched onto her face.

That... had been the enemy. It was something to think about, something she didn't take lightly, certainly not something she brushed off as if it were a field trip to the zoo. This was the reason they were there, at Deux. This was the reason they had all come to Deux -- they all had their own reasons, but in the end, they had all come to become hunters. Cold, killing machines. Assassins of creatures which would love nothing more than to feed off their panic. Petra felt her skin prickle a little as she laid there in the pod, her back resting a little stiffly against the back wall, surrounded by electronics she didn't understand nor really cared to. It had been... strange... being surrounded by the creatures she had feared all her life. Things she had never really seen, only vaguely felt and thought she heard and almost seen right there, living and thriving in a world like they were... normal. Like they were normal. But it was not empathy which she had felt -- she hadn't seen the similarities in their lifestyles, hadn't felt a connection with them. And she certainly did not compare their feeding off humans to humans feeding off livestock. No, it was a disgust she felt rising in the pit of her stomach, churning with a nausea that could only be hate.

It was... inhumane. People ate livestock because they needed to survive, but they didn't torture their prey, make it writhe in agony from a terror they couldn't see, driven to the brink of insanity from pure unadulterated fear before they killed.

Monsters.

When Petra entered the room where their homework had been laid out on the round table they were all so familiar with, most of the others had already taken their seat, her footsteps mingling with the sound of graphite scratching on paper as she moved around to find an empty place. As she passed, she gave a little nod to the rest of Phoenix, resting a hand on Jerry's shoulder in a pseudo-affectionate gesture as she went by, the gesture repeated with a little of a linger as she brushed against Robert's arm. Making sure she made very little sound as she pulled in her chair behind her, she rested her fingertips on one of the pieces of paper, sliding it towards her.

The Very Bluntly-Answered Homework

Data gathered from this mission was as follows:

- Citizens easily infiltrated, with little to no suspicion.
- Adaptability is crucial in such a volatile environment.
- It is important to have a vast yet general knowledge of the environment before entering. In-depth knowledge should be acquired upon receiving mission statements.
- Weapons not reliable sources.

Environmental Data:

- Species: Fish ie: Floresce; Physical: Two subspecies -- common fish with impenetrable, iron-like scales + rare form is eel-like and opalescent.
- Species: Igor; Class: Servant?; Physical: Undead, limbs obtained from several sources. Specific: Obedient. Perverted. Strength assumed respectable.

Golem Report (Equally As Blunt)

Golem was satisfactory. Aural and peripheral functions normal. Cerebral functions dull, but satisfactory. Gender and height appropriate to subject.

Realism unnerving.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:11 am
The swift, rapid rat-a-tat-tat of heels on cold linoleum floor long announced her presence before she arrived. "Stupid Council," Aria cursed. "Rule fifteen, section A, paragraph this is ridiculous!" The lead hunter opened the door to the classroom and kicked it sharply behind her. "And on top of that? Arrgh!" A desk was next to receive a swift kick before Aria made her way to Caelius' desk.

The papers were snatched up: both the completed papers and those not completed. Still muttering curses, Aria left the room. It was none of her concern if a hunter trainee came in late searching for papers that were no longer there.  

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:04 pm
Instead of having to be summoned back, students, or at least those who did fairly in the exams found instead, a sealed envelope waiting for them when they returned to their dorms. Enclosed inside the envelope was what seemed to be a wall of text reading something like this:

Wall of Text

1) Upon endorsing Hunters to use the Golem Apparatus, they are, themselves, agreeing to any harm or liability that they might inflict upon themselves or others and be responsible for repercussions.
2) Any Hunters seen using the Golem Apparatus without carrying their license will be subject to interrogation
3) Any Hunters seem carrying their license may also be subject to interrogation
4) Hunters using the Golem Apparatus must be in good medical health, not have any heart conditions, and must be over the height of fourty-two inches
5) I,_____________________________________ acknowledge and understand fully that there are risks and dangers of serious bodily injury and death that could result from my participation in this league and that I am at least 16 years of age. I represent that I am qualified, in good health and in proper physical condition to use the Golem Apparatus. If at any time during my participation in the league I feel my physical condition no longer allows me to participate safely or I believe the league becomes unsafe, I will immediately stop my usage.

There was also a small card written with their name, birthdate, Hunter faction and a signature, perhaps that was important to keep on to as well.

OOC

ALL GOLEM LICENSED HUNTERS:

Petra
Gale
Jordan
Jude
Jeremy
Ennea
Jerry
Robert
Leon
Ariane
Tika
Candace
Madison
Bix
Cassandra

You have all obtained a Golem Apparatus Liscence and can now access here!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:21 am
((ooc: was given the OK from liz that I can still, uh, turn this homework in x.x))

Before had come out of the pods too late to realize he'd missed an assignment. In fact, he'd actually gone on a separate mission, gotten traumatized from it further, gotten into all sorts of other encounters (of the Trainee kind) before someone was "kind" enough to remind him he had s**t due. After struggling to get more details, he was back to give his report. Or in this case, was it more like leave his report in hopes someone would be around to come pick it up. Because if not, well, s**t, did he really just write all of this for nothing?

Huh, it was starting feel like he was back in high school. All over again. D8 He shook his head, trying to clear them of the unpleasantness of being stuffed in lockers and trying not to pass out from panic at the other things crammed in with him. Then he went up to the table and left the two sheets of paper. >.> <.< >.> Placing a paperweight down on the sheets, Before quickly scooted out of the room.

First Report
These things are just plain weird. I'm not talking about appearance-wise. I mean, the stuff they do, the stuff they like. They're some sort of evil sadists to even each other! I'm pretty sure all I did was look at something and then these bastards come outta nowhere and beat the crap outta me! What the ******** man, what the ********! I need to learn how to deal with these things better in the future and not get pummeled to squishy paste.

Their "recreational" activities involve violence, beating things up, and putting yourself in physical harm's way. I do not get them and frankly, it will take a very twisted mind to even begin to figure them out. Although... I gotta say, some of them have a real nice set of... endowments. 83 One of them was kind enough to, uh, lemme check her out! I... I think it was a her... oh ******** I hope it was a her. But it only lasted for two seconds so I can't be completely sure.

But actually, if I stayed outta their way, they weren't so horrible. And, um, well, they had these really cute-looking things there too! Except I think I saw one of the creatures... eat the adorables like it was tea time and just... why are they like that? They seem to get some horrible level of satisfaction in scaring and scarring each other like it was the best thing ever. I also saw some of them were... I don't know, they looked like they were campaigning for something. Positions like Secretary and President.

These things know about democracy! I'm just... okay I'm a ******** shocked about that. I kinda sorta thought and expected they have a "eat everyone who opposes me" mentality when it comes to making big decisions. Really shocked at that. My mind's kinda blown. I, I kinda sorta don't really but still do want to go back there. For knowledge's sake! Not because I wanna run into that ghost chick with the bouncy pixelating... form. Right. Form.

Ummmm what else? They have dragons. I don't know if that's awesome or scary as ********. And they have... I don't even know what the ******** that thing was! It didn't seem like under any of the creatures' control but it was like... a really pissed off fish-dragon-thing with no arms and the baddest temper EVER and it was breaking everything and we had to throw s**t at it. I have no clue what good that did other than piss it off even MORE but oh well.

For Dr. H
Why aren't we allowed do-overs with these things? Do you realize how ******** hard it is to see s**t when nearly everything is taller than you are?! I had to climb up onto surfaces to get a decent view of anything! Not that the upskirt views are anything to sneeze at. Some of them had really nice gams and the best set of getaway sticks but then I remember they're not human and it just ruins everything. And makes you think you're looking at your ******** grandmother and just ew. Please. That mental image. No. Get it out.

Ack. What? Oh right, golems. Mine wasn't particularly durable. I dunno why but mine was really easy to beat up. Does it have anything to do with the fact I was using it? I know someone else had like a just-as-flimsy one but lasted longer than me. Is it really supposed to hurt whenever we pod-up or pod-out? I kinda felt like there was some residual pain from getting beat up all the time at that nasty place.

I don't mind still being in a girl's body though. That was... actually interesting.

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200
THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers