Welcome to Gaia! ::

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duellists of Gaia

Back to Guilds

YDoG is an all TCG guild for all duellists. We also cover the entire Yu-Gi-Oh! games, shows, manga and RPG. 

Tags: Yugioh, Tournament, Duel, Trading Card Game, Anime 

Reply Deck Database
My deck (traditional play) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

what do you think of it?
Interesting
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
amazing
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
good
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
meh
27%
 27%  [ 3 ]
BAD
27%
 27%  [ 3 ]
wtf did you jsut throw cards together?
36%
 36%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 11

TimithyEcho

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:43 pm
Avalon avenger
SOLIDNSNAKE
Junk 1t
SOLIDNSNAKE
Junk 1t
as he said, after opening hand you have 1/55 chance of drawing any indiviual card (that's about 1.8% chance)

as if you use 40 you have 1/35 (2.8% chance)

and they made the cap because little kids were making decks with over 100 cards and... well it didn't end well
they just wanted to give us deck size variety without giving us the possiblity of putting a million cards in a deck
and it's kind of hard to shuffle a deck with more then 60 cards anyways

lol still both chances of drawing the cards you want are an F so to be honest it doesnt seem to make that much of a difference.

it maybe not seems like it, but it really is a rather high difference

keep in mind everytime you draw a card the chances of drawing any specific card goes up

and if you're using a deck of 60 well... you need to draw through 20 cards before you have a 2.8% chance

it still is awesome, it works, maybe im just getting lucky or the heart of the cards is real lol. but it just works. sometimes i do draw horribly and i watch as my lifepoints hit zero but it works. maybe you should try it sometimes.
You ask for advice, and argue when it's given. Why ask for it if your only gonna argue with it? If your not going to accept the advice, then don't ask for it in the first place. What was the point of posting the deck in the first place? what was it exactly, swapping out one card? why should any of us help you if your going to argue with us if we do?

when the advice is take out 20 cards or make a new deck, that isnt exactly advice  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:05 pm
Make a new deck. And make it at 40 cards.

There's a difference between it working for you, and just working.  

Space Toad -B

Aka_Saiyaku

6,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:20 am
Read First Post  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:11 am
Aka_Saiyaku
SOLIDNSNAKE

focus my deck more? what do you mean exactly? it has no real focus.

Exactly the point. Even traditional format decks should have some kind of focus/strategy. This just looks like you tossed your cards in a pillow case and picked 60 at random. Oh Yeah 60 CARDS?! Totally slow. Unless you're extremely lucky or your opponent is using more than or equal to the amount of cards you are, then you're gonna have a hard time, not matter what pulling off any kind of play. knock it down to 40, find a common goal, and then play. It's just like advance play, but with more choice of cards.

Fully agree with this.  

DarkRedMusician

8,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Conversationalist 100

Gravitational Molestation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:45 pm
Statistics, probability... they decimate your 60 card desire.

This list is also decimated by pretty much anything I can s**t out in less than 10 minutes for Traditional and all I do is throw random good Lights and Darks together for the most part. neutral

But the real reason I'm posting is to save people. This is the same kid who sat for, what, FIVE PAGES in Duelist Nexus arguing that Raigeki is perfectly balanced because everyone can use it and that there shouldn't be a ban list. I'd stop trying.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:19 pm

This list is also decimated by pretty much anything I can s**t out in less than 10 minutes for Traditional and all I do is throw random good Lights and Darks together for the most part. neutral

But the real reason I'm posting is to save people. This is the same kid who sat for, what, FIVE PAGES in Duelist Nexus arguing that Raigeki is perfectly balanced because everyone can use it and that there shouldn't be a ban list. I'd stop trying.

^This  

Aka_Saiyaku

6,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Person of Interest 200

TimithyEcho

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:33 pm

i dont remember argueing it was balanced, i just dont see why there is a ban list and i dont see why it is banned. but that was there, and i dont wanna get into this arguement cause i was banend from nexus just cause they couldnt prove a point and figured it be better to ban me then try to expalin it.

also im not ignoreing advice (if it seems as such im sorry) but when your "advice" is make a new deck completely, or something liek that, that isnt advice.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:28 pm
Junk 1t
it's an insult
It wasn't an insult. It was a joke.  

brotherofAnubus

Dangerous Survivor

Demon Knight Draco

3,950 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:50 pm
ignore sum of the ignorance and conpletly rude comments some of these people are making, i think if it works go with it, i started off with a deck like this, now i still have the deck and have evolved it to a mostly first gen deck that has never lost to any synchro (or however it is spelled) and it wins most of the time, though my advice would be to get rid of the random higher level monster and keep only a few, if not add in more special summons, if not siide a few of them, good luck sorting all of this out...  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:53 pm
oh ya forgot to mention but my deck that i spoke of was 60 cards, so you are fine, some people are just single minded to their own views.  

Demon Knight Draco

3,950 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200

Space Toad -B

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:18 pm
Lawl, noob dueling noobs doesn't count.

We're not single-minded. You're oblivious.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:30 pm
Even if I make a deck for fun, I try running as close to, if not 40. the highest number of cards I've ever had in a deck is 43-44.

I guess you don't HAVE to make it 40, but good god man the original decklist makes me go WTF. Even if you do pack at maximum 60, 1 of each card, seriously?

If you even begin to think about making it 60, you should make most of it x3 copies, with a few staple 1 copy of banned cards. If you're just going to put in 1 of each card for a 60 card deck, I don't care if you become world champion, I will still slap my face raw with giant facepalms.

Listen to advice when you ask for it and people so politely tolerate you berating them to give it. I'm not making a second post on this thread, just so you can go "lol" every other sentence as you continue to defy everything people say as genuine help.  

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200

Burakku_Kitsune

5,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:49 pm
"I admire your effort, but it does need focus to function in a highly competitive environment. It may work with friends, but once you start taking it to locals it's gonna start folding. All the cards are good on their own, they just receive no support from every other card in the deck. It will be good, but it will be good in the same way hummers are an effective manner of transportation
It may get the job done, but it sure as hell isn't gonna be very efficient about it.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:34 pm
Labyrinthknight7
Even if I make a deck for fun, I try running as close to, if not 40. the highest number of cards I've ever had in a deck is 43-44.

I guess you don't HAVE to make it 40, but good god man the original decklist makes me go WTF. Even if you do pack at maximum 60, 1 of each card, seriously?

If you even begin to think about making it 60, you should make most of it x3 copies, with a few staple 1 copy of banned cards. If you're just going to put in 1 of each card for a 60 card deck, I don't care if you become world champion, I will still slap my face raw with giant facepalms.

Listen to advice when you ask for it and people so politely tolerate you berating them to give it. I'm not making a second post on this thread, just so you can go "lol" every other sentence as you continue to defy everything people say as genuine help.

as i said "get rid of 20 cards" isnt help or advice. someone previously actually stated something useful and im gonna reply to them next, but im sorry "make a new deck" or "get rid of 20 cards" ISNT HELP, now sugjesting what cards to get rid of is more along the lines of help but saying get rid of 20 cards isnt. im not ignoring help im ignoring useless info.  

TimithyEcho

TimithyEcho

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:38 pm
Demon Knight Draco
ignore sum of the ignorance and conpletly rude comments some of these people are making, i think if it works go with it, i started off with a deck like this, now i still have the deck and have evolved it to a mostly first gen deck that has never lost to any synchro (or however it is spelled) and it wins most of the time, though my advice would be to get rid of the random higher level monster and keep only a few, if not add in more special summons, if not siide a few of them, good luck sorting all of this out...

well what monsters would you sugjest i get rid of as i stated it doesnt exactly have a focus i guess its kinda just an effect deck as lame as that sounds or whatever. i know "technically" the blue eyes isnt good, but i keep it in there cause blue eyes are my favorite monster, even in an insect deck i try to put him in there and usually do if for no other reason "i want him in" lol but i have beast king cause hes a nuker, i ahve blue eyes for a previously stated reason, i have ancient gear golem because of the ignore defence and traps when attacking.  
Deck Database

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff