Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Satsurashi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:40 pm
For the Thrill of Battle!
Name: Bjorn’Mattr
Meaning: “Bear‘s Might” (Norse)
Future Rank: Reaver - his Dad would probably accept no less! wink
Future Plans: In cubhood, I’d like him to be very awkward. I can foresee a lot of Rps where other cubs run mental circles around him until he finally loses his temper and thrashes them (if he can). As a cub, he will be just fat, not big. It’ll only be around adolescence that he’ll finally receive his huge growth spurt. Until then he’ll be more of a henchman to someone more intelligent, like Draco’s Crabbe or Goyle. I’d like to establish him as kind of a brute as he grows older, but he’ll never be leader material.

I’d like him to eventually get the rank of Reaver, but not without some hardship. I’d like his first raid to be completed, but with problems. Maybe he kills something he was supposed to capture alive, or makes a minor accident involving attacking a member of his own pride? Him having to do it over a few times due to screwups wouldn’t bother me. : ) Otherwise, being a Reaver will be very important to him, as well as pleasing his family members, especially his Father.

Once he’s old enough, I’d like him to be interested in romance, but continually rejected. He’ll never use any kind of force against a female, especially one of his own pride, but I want him to be constantly frustrated about it. If he ever does find a lady who will have him around for a while, be it a fling or a mate, I’d love it if it was a somewhat troubled relationship, where he keeps accidentally pissing her off in one way or another and being totally whipped by her.

Personality: Bjorn will grow up big - so big - but unfortunately no matter how hard he tries he will also be a little heavy too. It’s not his fault, it’s all those spoils of the raids! Can’t let them go to waste, right? Although he has great strength and is physically hard to match in a fight, he’s slow and his self-control is very poor. He’s the guy who never says no to a second helping of a kill. Or a third.

That’s not all he has to worry about, either. Although he’s a loyal son and focused on being an excellent Reaver to make his family proud, he’s not particularly smart. In short, all brawn and no brains. While his strength is handy on raids, his mental shortcomings tend to make him an obstacle. He’s a very smash-first-and-ask-questions later kind of guy, and a lot of times this means the other Reavers are better off just keeping out of his way, because if they’re not careful he might accidentally knock something over on them, or send something he threw flying into them. For what it’s worth, he gets the job done.

As can be expected, Bjorn is not very articulate. Mostly he communicates in single-syllables and grunts. Often this is by choice, because he’s aware that when he tries to string together too many thoughts he can end up confusing himself. The bonus of this is that when he does have something important to say, it’s short, simple and direct. (Also, often extremely blunt. Bjorn doesn’t care much about other’s feelings.)  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:04 pm
Added a note at the end of post 2 to make things a little more informative~  

bipolar bee
Crew

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100

Adona Benedicta

6,900 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:09 pm
Name: Eirik
Meaning: Eternal Ruler; fitting, given his ambitions.
Future Rank: Reaver, with great strides taken to become an honored Captain
Future Plans: Eirik is the type of lion who doesn't just settle for Good or Great, he wants only the Best. I'd like him to work his way up to the rank of Captain from a Reaver, but I don't want it to happen quickly. He'd have to prove himself time and time again that he is worth the rank, or it wouldn't be worth what it is. Ambitious as he is, Eirik doesn't think much of a mate, which leads me to my next idea.

I want him to have a female who, for whatever reason, thinks she loves Eirik. Eirik would return the affection, of course, but this would happen when he's still just a Reaver, and he doesn't just want to be a Reaver for the rest of his life, he wants more. So she would take a backburner to, essentially, everything that could make him memorable in the eyes of the Warlord. Raids, parties, whatever the Warlord asks of him, she would constantly be in third place behind the Warlord and Eirik's track to becoming a Captain.

So I'd like her to wise up and leave him. cool This would break Eirik's heart, but when you break something and it grows back, it grows back crooked and wrong (insert obscure Tale of Despereaux reference here). I want this to basically be what makes Eirik go from a serious, but still affectionate male in love to a cold, jaded, somewhat bitter older lion who sees no use for females except for the gaining of sons. From there, Eirik would be pushing more and more to achieve his lifelong dream, but without the distraction of the female, he would dedicate himself fully (perhaps even foolishly endangering himself) to the Warlord and his own ambitions.

Eventually, I'd like him to settle, but not until after he's achieved Captain status, if he ever does.
Personality: As a cub, Eirik is a happy youth growing up in the viking pride. He would admire his older brother and his father to the point of idol worship, striving to be a Reaver like his father. This is only a temporary state of cub-like naivety, and as he grows, his idol worship will go from his father and his brother to the Warlord, and his ambitions to be a Reaver would graduate to that of a Captain. As he grows up, Eirik will grow into a quiet, intelligent lion. Though he'll rarely advertise these strengths, believing brute strength to be far superior to strength of the mind, he will neglect neither if outsmarting another lion means attaining his goal of Captain.

Though he will be very mature and charming when it comes to other Reavers and those who outrank him, Eirik is, has, and always will be awkward around females. He doesn't know how to express himself around them so, more often than not, he brushes off the affections of a female in favor of training or scouting or something that doesn't involve trying to figure out just what it is the female wants from him. Even his sisters will ocassionally throw him for a loop, as he is infinitely more comfortable around males. They're easier to figure out, after all, and rarely are as scheming as females.

If my plan above goes into action, the "betrayal" of his beloved will break Eirik. For a while, he'll want only to hunt, hunt, hunt, to take his mind off of his emotional pain. It will become something he shoves down so deep that he breaks inside. He would heal from it, but it won't be a perfect heal. For his trouble, Eirik will be more vicious and willing to strike down others. He will strive even more to become Captain, and will do whatever is needed. If his Warlord asks of him to kill, he will kill ruthlessly. Any inhibitions he may have had for his female will be utterly obliterated. Likewise, what little he did feel for the female will have gone completely, and he will be utterly suspicious of females with alterior motives. Those who raid alongside him are different, but the instant it goes from 'raid buddies' to more, he will close off and practically demand to be left alone.

His mindset will be something akin to females are only good to bear sons and raid, and are not worth the emotional turmoil they often bring with them.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:16 pm
My Blood is My Honor!
Name: Tryggr
Meaning: Old Norse name derived from the word tryggr, meaning 'trustworthy.'
Future Rank: Reaver~
Future Plans: Tryg' will have a pretty normal life in the pride throughout his childhood, the thought of making his father proud enough to push him to become a Reaver. Nothing more, nothing less. Just a successful Reaver like dad!

I do plan on him seeking out his mother once he's grown, in order to know a little more about her. After meeting her and heading back to the pride, he'll come across a rogue and, being his trusting little self, be relaxed and off guard with them in his attempt to make a friend. This will probably be the worst mistake of his life, since the rogue won't be the nicest of creatures and attack him for some undetermined reason. The rogue could be defensive of it's kill, see him as a threat, or just be downright mean! Whatever the case, Tryg' will end up with a handicap that will stick with him for the rest of his life. I'm thinking of him either going blind in one eye or ending up with a permanent limp.

Of course, he'll flee back to M'S and the wounds will heal over, but his new handicap and state of mind will lead to him being extremely mistrusting and cautious around others, even his family on rare occasions. His injury won't be enough to put him out of commission, and neither will his mistrustfullness. Tryg' will have some drama going on when it comes to rogues, friends, and maybe even his own family. Drama = plots. O: <3

Personality: Tryggr is probably one of the most trusting vikings you'll come across.. which may or may not be a good thing. He feels that everyone deserves at least one chance at proving that they're an okay critter, even those he has to fight against to the death. If they don't prove themselves to be like himself and the good fellows of his pride? Well, he can just take them out like any other Reaver! The boy's more of a loyal follower/supporter than a leader, leaving him to feel no need to go up in the pride's ranks. Instead, just working to keep his current position and encourage his siblings and friends with their own is work enough for him. He's a pretty friendly and modest lion as well, telling others that he's a Reaver of Myrsky Syntynyt and going on to chat about current things, much like an old friend would.

After his attack, though, Tryg' will become much more mistrusting and cautious around others, especially with rogues. He'll have more of a reason to do his job better, making his attacks and remarks during raids all the more harsher, and end up turning into an overall gruffer male. Whether or not he ends up becoming his old self again over time, he will end up having that gruffness his own father has, only aimed towards rogues.

...Even after receiving his handicap, he's totally the type of guy who would go and say something like 'Oh, yeah. I'm a Reaver! Pretty awesome job, but no big deal, bro.' XD

~Spazzy_the_Wolfie~

Remove

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:00 am
Name: Stigr
Meaning: Path
Future Rank: Lawspeaker
Future Plans:

Stigr will look like a promising reaver as a cub. He will enjoy his playfights and will train up to be nice and strong! His dreams will be to become the best reaver the pride has seen and ultimately to end up being in charge of all the reavers. As he grows though, he trains to be a reaver but his passions change.

He goes to seek out his mother out of curiosity. He would want to know who she was. Finding out about his mothers pride will confuse him somewhat, especially if he meet's his sister there. He would also of course on his way there and back meet rogues and those meetings would change his desires. He would go back to the pride seeking to become a lawspeaker. He would continue for a while to train as a reaver until he was sure about what it was he actually wanted. He would then go out his way to learn everything he could, he would pester his father and anyone else that would listen. He would visit the priestesses and find out anything and everything he could about the pride along with being as helpful as he could. He would still play fight and help his siblings train which of course would also keep him in shape. After all he wasn't going to miss out on a fight if they were attacked because he wasn't in shape!

Hopefully he would make it to lawspeaker and the pride would allow him the position. He would always be pulled towards being a reaver as it is what he really desires but he knows that the best way for him to help his pride is to do this.
Personality:

Stigr will be a fiesty cub and will more then happily start fights with his brothers, and his half brother. He will enjoy the battles and will look forward to growing up and being part of the best pride ever! This thought will grow in time and he won't believe that there is anywhere as good as this pride.

He will be a hardworker in whatever he does, while he trains to be a reaver and then while he tries to prove to the pride he would be a good lawspeaker. He has huge ambitions and will work hard for them. He will of course adore his brothers, after all without your brothers where else are you going to get play fights with? He would happily 'play' fight with his brothers his whole life.

How he will grow up, I'm not too sure, he will mature a lot but probably always keep the cub-like playfulness he will just know when to and when not to show it.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:02 am
I Do Not Fear Death!
Name: Loki
Meaning: Loki is the norse god of mischeif/ trickery, locked for eternity at the center of the earth with a poisonous viper dripping it's venom in to his eyes, his wife captures the venom in a bowl and takes it away but while the bowl is not there he feels the constant agony of the venom seeping in to his pores through his opened eyes.
Future Rank: Freeborn (will be an entertainer)
Future Plans: As a cub he will be trouble, as an adult he will be BIG trouble! As the youngest he will more or less stay under his father radar, and when he is caught by daddy he will usually be forgiven his sins because he is the youngest.
That one hole that just wasn't there the day before some how filled with globs of mud, will be put down to him, the piece of meat that just happens to spring a snappy sappling and whack your nose in just the right place, yup that was definitely loki. He will spend his childhood honing his trick pulling skills and getting shouted at for them but once he is old enough to no longer receive the shouts of his father he will be a force to be reckoned with, certainly not in battle, but no one will be quite as mischievous. He will be in permanent trouble but because his tricks never really HURT anyone (except for their pride obviously) he is usually let off.
I think at some point someone will punish him really baddly for a trick he has pulled on them (maybe a girl?) and he will feel so humiliated that he will want to do that one big trick that has a more malicious intent (dumdumdum!)
Personality: Always smiling and always plotting, Loki will always have some trick on his mind to fool his siblings and in the future, everyone else. Usually he can weedle his way out of just about any trouble with his slick words and dashing smile. He often makes people laugh because of his antics and because of this his tricks and jokes aren't meant to be malicious, just all in good fun.  

Syrius Lionwing

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:16 pm
Aesir: -looks at Taraxa- Interesting booty you've brought back from this last viking.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:55 am
Taraxa: *pleased grin* Strong sons and beautiful daughters! What more could a warrior want?  

bipolar bee
Crew

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100

stella cinere

Ice-Cold Codger

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:05 am
I Do Not Fear Death!
Name: Eyolf Valborg
Meaning: Lucky wolf the protector on the battlefield
Future Rank: Captain/Reaver
Future Plans:
Culb/adol: Eyolf isn't the biggest in his family nor the strongest brute there is so he would start out having a rough time wanting to be like his older siblings and like his own father. He would have a tough time dealing with the fact that he will never be anything like they are in achievements and decides in his own mine that going after his mother would be a better choice. He will decide to strike out on his own only to last about a few days away, however in this time he comes to via chat with someone else/vision from lack of food/etc. that brute strength isn't always the answer to everything. A clever mind and body is extremely useful in battle and survival and that if he used his own abilities instead of wishing for others he would achieve what he wants.
Teen/Adult: He would strive to be a Captain (at this point I would hope he would have been a Reaver), seeing his skills in tactical advantages would be of use to the pride. He would hope to have some sort of support from his family in his decision to be one.

Personality:
Cub: Eyolf doesn't believe he is lucky despite his own name, and at birth doesn't even believe he can be anything as a protector on a battlefield or be of any use to his other brothers. He has a lot of self doubt as a child and looks up to his siblings seeing himself as nothing more than a small runt who will never become what they can. He loves his sisters as rather fond of them and cheering them up if they are down (little does he know he is quite the charmer of any lioness but he won't know until he gets older). He strives to be something that he is not so he feels that he is slow and a bit stupid in the head. However after his set out after his mother he comes to realize that he has his own gift, being the smallest allows him to be rather nimble and quick and he is very particular in learning movements and patterns. As he gets older he sees these gifts as something he can use if that is studying a sparring partner and defeating them due to their size or weakness or if it is giving them an advantage on the battlefield against their foes. Eyolf will always gives his best effort into what he does, doubtful in himself or not, and bear it all with a grin to please those around him.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:18 pm
Closed!! Give us a few days to go over entries! We'll announce winners ASAP! <3  

bipolar bee
Crew

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:23 pm
Viel glück! (In German, since I don't speak any Northland languages).  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:30 pm
WINNARS!!!

For the oldest son: Spazzy the Wolfie! Uncert~
For the thirdborn son: Adona Benedicta! Uncert~
For the youngest son: Syrius Lionwing! Uncert~

Litter was done by Ecavi! <3 <3

We will be posting for certs and the like soon! I'd like to wait to cert them once the pride becomes official so we don't have to wait even longer to get them on pridal certs. :3 <3  

bipolar bee
Crew

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100

stella cinere

Ice-Cold Codger

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:11 pm
Congratz!  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:10 am
Just a note from Fey: if you winners want to go ahead and add these as members in the Stormborn IT, that'd be incredibly helpful to me. Congratulations!  

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

Split Personality

Feline Wife

5,500 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:20 am
Congrats everyone~ <3  
[OOC] Events [OOC]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]