Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [OOC] Plot Recruitment Threads [OOC]
Myrsky Syntynyt - We're official! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 47 48 49 50 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:23 am
@Murphy: If he was captured, he'd be a Thrall. It's kind of the default rank for anyone who's captured, regardless of their skills or temperament. A feisty Thrall would probably be set to extremely dull, unpleasant tasks at first to break their spirit, and later allowed to use their skills to hunt within the boundaries of the pride. Perhaps it might be more plausible if he was away (wandering or selling his claws or something) and came back to find his group had been overrun, and then went in search of them. That way he wouldn't have to be captured and go through the Thrall thing. (Heck, even if the Stormborn didn't have anything to do with overrunning his group, they'd take credit for it anyway).  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:27 am
Hmm...Well I'm thinking about offering Morrigan as a priest. She's not a true seer, but my original plan for her had been for her to be a solitary oracle type figure that would read things like bird trails and patterns of plant growth for predictions. She would also make little charms and trinkets of bone and stones and plants for those seeking good luck, etc. BUT I looove viking things, and...this pride...and...<3 Do you need a head priestess perhaps? Mebbeh?  

ShinosBee

Nerd

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:31 am
Those would definitely fall under the duties of a priest. And...a head priestess would probably not have a separate title, but she would be accorded the status, if that makes any sense? Everyone would know that she was the head of the religious folk, and the other religious folk would defer to her judgment (when she chose not to be solitary). Want to see what we can come up with on AIM?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:33 am
Hehe, that'd work. Maybe he was guarding some rogue lion and his womanz (or whatever) trying to travel past the Myrsky Syntynyt lands, and when they disappear one night he assumes it was the viking folks. He'd get all annoyed and go to their borders to see (go go gadget arrogance). I think he'd like the vikings enough to join, though there would be some culture clash going on.  

Murphys_Law

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:34 am
Well. Culture clash can be easily worked out. You beat on each other until you can't stand up any more, and then you go roll in catnip. cool  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:38 am
*peeks around* oooh I like this pride concept!! biggrin  

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

Murphys_Law

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:39 am
XD Excellent life philosophy. Well, I'm in love with the pride and plot idea. *jabs flag of stalking into the ground*  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:46 am
Interest, plz~

I'd really like to make up a battered old warrior/potential Reaver if he gets in, if that's okay. xD Somebody with lots of scars, a gruff manner, and a rather short temper.

Mila Farrell
Captain

Murphys_Law

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:56 am
I have iron in my blood!
Username: Murphys_Law
Lion's: Emeka and his familiar Abdul
Original Member? No, Challenge time!
Desired Rank: Reaver?
Brief Personality: Emeka is a self-centered being. Vain of his ability to fight and his good looks, he’s quick to accept a challenge or strut before women. [Still developing his personality]
Brief History: Son of a warrior and performer, Emeka was raised on the verge between two very different styles of life. He was a limber dancer that sparred often in his father’s militant pride. When his father’s pride ousted him, he ousted himself from his mother’s clan as well, and became a wandering mercenary, defending and attacking for glory, goods, honor, and meals. Now he comes to see what this Viking pride is about…  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:12 am
Mila Farrell
Interest, plz~

I'd really like to make up a battered old warrior/potential Reaver if he gets in, if that's okay. xD Somebody with lots of scars, a gruff manner, and a rather short temper.
That sounds great to me. The pride can't all be young bloods. Someone needs to show those uppity babes-in-arms what a real warrior is. cool

Murphys_Law
I have iron in my blood!
Username: Murphys_Law
Lion's: Emeka and his familiar Abdul
Original Member? No, Challenge time!
Desired Rank: Reaver?
Brief Personality: Emeka is a self-centered being. Vain of his ability to fight and his good looks, he’s quick to accept a challenge or strut before women. [Still developing his personality]
Brief History: Son of a warrior and performer, Emeka was raised on the verge between two very different styles of life. He was a limber dancer that sparred often in his father’s militant pride. When his father’s pride ousted him, he ousted himself from his mother’s clan as well, and became a wandering mercenary, defending and attacking for glory, goods, honor, and meals. Now he comes to see what this Viking pride is about…

He's in!

I'll have to start working on some sort of Challenge queue.

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

Murphys_Law

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:22 am
^_^ Yaaaaaaaaay!  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:42 am
*interested!*

Just need to decide who goes in here. :I  

bipolar bee
Crew

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100

Myrsky Syntynyt

Hygienic Raider

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:48 am
Some mood music.
"Hold The Heathen Hammer High" by Tyr
"Nancy The Tavern Wench" by Alestorm

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:34 am
I have iron in my blood!
Username: ShinosBee
Lion's: Morrigan
Original Member? Yes.
Desired Rank: Priest
Brief Personality: Enigmatic but a force to be reckoned with. Almost tripolar in disposition, Morrigan displays qualities of the maiden, the mother, and the crone in turn. Most often she behaves as a mix of crone and maiden, with her motherly side making rare appearances. She is frightfully wise, and while not a true seer, she has a great skill for interpreting signs--bird trails, plant growths, star alignments, etc. She is superstitious and very devout to her gods. She is not cruel, but is not afraid to use her influence for her own gain or to better those in her favor. She displays littler remorse (or oppositely, joy) and seems fairly neutral in disposition.
Brief History: Her exact origins are unknown by the majority of the pride. It is assumed she was born there, though it is hard to get a feel for how old she is. She joined the ranks of priesthood and climbed through them swiftly thanks to her great skills in divining omens and signs with accuracy. Her abilities in making charms and trinkets to bestow strength or favor also earned her a great respect from the pride. In her adulthood, Aesir came to her after losing his fight with the warlord. He pleaded his case and asked for her help in secret. Having seen an omen prophesied this, she acquiesced and supplied him with the proper herbs to make quick work of the warlord and his consort. Her life returned to normal for a time, until a few months after Aesir took the throne he came to her and requested her to become his wife. Provided she was permitted to continue her priestly duties, she agreed.  

ShinosBee

Nerd

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:40 am
ShinosBee
I have iron in my blood!
Username: ShinosBee
Lion's: Morrigan
Original Member? Yes.
Desired Rank: Priest
Brief Personality: Enigmatic but a force to be reckoned with. Almost tripolar in disposition, Morrigan displays qualities of the maiden, the mother, and the crone in turn. Most often she behaves as a mix of crone and maiden, with her motherly side making rare appearances. She is frightfully wise, and while not a true seer, she has a great skill for interpreting signs--bird trails, plant growths, star alignments, etc. She is superstitious and very devout to her gods. She is not cruel, but is not afraid to use her influence for her own gain or to better those in her favor. She displays littler remorse (or oppositely, joy) and seems fairly neutral in disposition.
Brief History: Her exact origins are unknown by the majority of the pride. It is assumed she was born there, though it is hard to get a feel for how old she is. She joined the ranks of priesthood and climbed through them swiftly thanks to her great skills in divining omens and signs with accuracy. Her abilities in making charms and trinkets to bestow strength or favor also earned her a great respect from the pride. In her adulthood, Aesir came to her after losing his fight with the warlord. He pleaded his case and asked for her help in secret. Having seen an omen prophesied this, she acquiesced and supplied him with the proper herbs to make quick work of the warlord and his consort. Her life returned to normal for a time, until a few months after Aesir took the throne he came to her and requested her to become his wife. Provided she was permitted to continue her priestly duties, she agreed.
Accepted, of course.  
[OOC] Plot Recruitment Threads [OOC]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 47 48 49 50 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces