Reply Editors Resources & Help Desk
AE Council -- Editing Q&A Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vorty

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 5:39 pm
I think my edits are fairly expensive. I charge 3k for free reign over what I do... 5k for animated jargon. Not sure why...

ah! I remember... I held an auction early in my career and got 3k for it. That person was a repeat customer. So I decided that was a fair price to stick at 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 6:43 pm
I usually do them for free. I really don't have that much gold. sweatdrop
And if I deperately need gold for something, I will hold an auction where I usually do end up getting 5k per edit.  

Shaolin

Vorty

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 6:48 pm
Shaolin

Funny, I don't either... but that's the plight of the artist, eh?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 10:40 pm
i dont really take commissions. i only do edits that im interested in doin, so my projects to do list varies with my mood.. but if someone wants their avatar to cosplay as one of my past edits, thats when i charge em. it costs 1200 pure gaian gold for me to make a few changes n add their name n such to personalize said edit.

so, like u guys, im not that rich sweatdrop mayhaps ill do an auction sometime in the future..  

shocktv3

Meriko

Aged Gaian

12,400 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 10:59 pm
Tyran Brandywine
I know this is a lil stretch for stuff to be asking about, but how does everyone here who sells their edits, determine prices for them?

I basically looked around at other avatar edit shops and based my prices accordingly. I have more customers than I can keep up with (God bless my mini-shop co-owner), so apparently I'm not overcharging. *laugh*  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 11:45 pm
What do you recommend an optical mouse or a roll-ball mouse?

Acutally I want to start making some edits, but in here I only have my laptop so the mouse is a very good missed friend (too much touch pad sweatdrop ) but I also want to buy a drawing tablet, but is a kind of expensive for my capacity on this month.

See Ya  

Charlie Argueta

Tyran Brandywine

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:01 am
yeah...I have a laptop and the tiny touchpad is hella hard to do edits with....or much of anything really......
Technically speaking I got my tablet for my other artistic endevors...... cuz it helps out alot just generally with drawing on the computer, and I'm picky, and have had alot of art classes, so I'm used to the feeling of a pen or pencil or paintbrush in my hand instead of a giant mouse..... but thats just me. If I didnt do my other art stuff I wouldnt recommend that a tablet would be worth it. All you really need is a mouse...... 3nodding

one day when I am bored....I will do an edit in MSpaint and with only a laptop touchpad....just to see how freakishly long it actually takes to do one.....>o<

Edit.....as for roll ball or optical mouse....i dont have much of a clue on their preformance in relation to eachother......but i *think* the roll ball type generally lasts longer than the other....but then again its late and i dont really remember....... *hugs her tablet mousey*  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:15 am
Gnerally there shouldn't be too much noticible different, I would think.
I have never had an optical mouse before, though. I used to use a roll-ball mouse to draw my edits, but my wrist hurts after a long time of editing. I now use a tablet ^_^  

Shaolin

shocktv3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:48 am
i dont own a tablet, but ive used one on a couple occassions in the labs at school. i dint get overly familiar with it but i wasnt too thrilled either while using the contraption. for the moment, i have to say that i prefer my mouse over it.

he's brown n i named him jerry. i moved him into a little hole in my wall & i havent seen him since..  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:37 pm
I like to use a tablet just in general, but when I'm editing, the canvas is so small that it really doesn't matter. *laugh* Zoom-in is my friend. A regular mouse is easiest for me to use, since trackballs are a bit too slippery for me. One hiccup and *WHOOSH!* big zig zag all over the avatar.  

Meriko

Aged Gaian

12,400 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Charlie Argueta

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 11:39 pm
The optical for me is a kind of light, but the definition of movement is better, but the ball one(is an old friend) is *I don't know what to say* ...

The tablet in here cost more than USD200 that I would like to invest on it, but cuz I'm going to the University I'm going to have more expenses.

Thank you for the advices  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 5:58 am
you could probably snatch one up off ebay for cheaper... I did, and it's lasting very well, considering the beating I've given it sweatdrop

Uni, eh? What course? I'm doing a "Higher National Certificate" at college before I attempt to gain entry to any universities.  

Vorty

cynbaby

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 2:14 pm
Shaolin
Motoko_chan
I have edits facing both left and right. xp I never pay attention to that... that's why my edits are all messy. YoY
Ditto Motoko-chan @_@

that goes double for me.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:45 pm
Vorty
Shaolin

If I opened up my own minishop, I'd probably do it for free too.  

Kuroi Kenkaku

ian1158

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 2:30 pm
Kuroi Kenkaku
Vorty
Shaolin

If I opened up my own minishop, I'd probably do it for free too.
i dont charge much 200 to 550 that much helps here and there, i donate alot so  
Editors Resources & Help Desk

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff