Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Archives~* (BOS and resource room)
[WORKSHOP] Heathenry Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Artistic Genocide

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:20 pm
End up in a mountain? As in a ghost, or something of the sort? what makes you special enough to go to Valhalla?

So heathens general acknowledge the existence of other gods, as a sort of respect?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:27 pm
I mean more, believe they exist, rather than acknowledge ritually or anything 3nodding

You go to Valhalla if you are killed in combat. Well, actually, it's more of a 50% chance. Freyja has first pick of the Slain, and Odhinn the rest. Then you go to your hall, eat a lot, drink a lot, and fight one another. wink

Whether that still applies I don't know, given how different combat is nowadays.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Artistic Genocide

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:15 am
Ah, see, that makes more sense. XD

There are different halls?

I would think it still applies, because though the weapons are different they're still technically killed in combat... right? or am I missing something?

Why does Freyja get first pick of the dead?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:33 am
I don't know why Freyja gets first pick.

The nature of combat has changed since then. A great deal. I mean if you got bombed, technically you died "in combat" sort of, but you never even saw the enemy and may not even have known you were about to get liquidated. It's not just that now you use a gun rather than a spear, it's that now the enemy is a long long way away. It's scrappy and messy. It's not the same to my mind - but what would I know either way? So I shrug.

There are many different halls. Many of the gods and goddesses have their own, and OĆ°inn has a couple. Valhalla is Hall of the Slain.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

ncsweet
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:38 pm
Name: ncsweet
Current path: eclectic witchcraft and seeker (BTW)
Reason for joining workshop: side interest in Heathenry
Time you've been interested in Heathenry: 2-3 years
Additional notes:  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:46 am
I still mean to do something with this sweatdrop I was just waiting to see if any other people wanted to join first.

Any ideas for our first workshop topic? I had some ideas a while ago but I've forgotten what they were. What would people be interested in?  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

ncsweet
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:15 am
I'm just sort of along for the ride, so I'm probably not all that good with suggestions. Maybe consider cross-posting this thread in some of your other guilds - that way even if only a couple of people from each guild are interested, you'll still have a fairly decent sized group to work with.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:50 pm
Sanguina Cruenta

I thought it was part of the bargain made when the Asa bested the Vana and prisoners were exchanged.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:13 am
Esiris
Sanguina Cruenta

I thought it was part of the bargain made when the Asa bested the Vana and prisoners were exchanged.

I can't remember. Could be.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:47 am
Name: Shearaha, Shea for short.
Current path:Eclectic neo-pagan and energy worker
Reason for joining workshop: I've been interested in Germanic reconstruction, and have done a little on my own, but I'm not sure that I'm in a place right now where I can make any kind of commitment to the Gods.
Time you've been interested in Heathenry: 3-4 years. I'm not sure exactly when my interest started, but that's about the time that I have been really looking into it.
Additional notes: None really. I think most people know me already. I'm primarily a lurker, but I do like to get involved every now and then.  

Shearaha

Aged Hunter

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:23 am
Name:Esiris, or Riri
Current path: Currently seeking under a Kingstone Coven, eclectic
Reason for joining workshop: It looks like a good discussion on one of my favorite kinds of paganism.
Time you've been interested in Heathenry:On and off- about five years in total
Additional notes:
sweatdrop Sorry I didn't do this before I responded to the earlier comment.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:30 am
Name: Vi or ViVi
Current path: Heathen
Reason for joining workshop: To help get me back on track after falling off the wagon for a few months xd
Time you've been interested in Heathenry: 2-3 year now I think.
Additional notes: heart  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:28 am
Yay Vivi's back! 4laugh  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:42 pm
Okay! I think we have enough for good discussion now 3nodding

So, you're all familiar with Heathenry, aren't you? we don't need to do an introductory topic at this point?

How about "personal offerings", or "shrines and altars", or "getting to know the gods"? Who has an idea for a workshop topic?  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Shearaha

Aged Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:15 pm
I'll throw out a vote for "getting to Know the gods".
I've been interested in Heathenry for a while, but I'm just very unsure of how to take that first step and introduce myself.  
*~Archives~* (BOS and resource room)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff