Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xo maho
Crew

Dainty Dreamer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:27 pm
She watched as he walked into her stream, and tried to keep breathing. He didn't dump to much dirt or displace a lot of silt - he just simply stepped gently into the water. She took a relieved breath when the water Kenton kicked up hit her skin and mane.

Getting up and shaking from head to tail to get the dust off, Calixte stepped daintily into the stream next to Kenton, trying not to knock too much soil into it. Then, deciding to just let it go and that the stream would still be there tomorrow, she rolled in the shallow water, laughing. Splashing Kenton back, she said, "Come on, the water feels wonderful!"

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:24 pm
Kenton fell on his side and rolled in the water. it felt so nice that he couldent help release a sigh of pleasure. he drank some of the water while laying there and then splashed over to Cali. he playfully nuged her side and laughed as he pranced away.

"my dear lady this water is so wonderful, it makes me feel like a giddy little foal." he laughed and reared in the air landing heavy to try and splash more water at Cali. he was so happy that all the heavy talk of before had been forgotten and was behind him now.

sbuggy166

Dapper Dabbler

xo maho
Crew

Dainty Dreamer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:35 am
Calixte smiled when she watched Kenton play. It was so good just to not worry... When he nudged her, she even chased after him, laughing and giggling like a filly. "I know what you mean," she said breathlessly when she was close to catching up to him, water splooshing under her hooves. "Water in such heat often does that to a person." She looked down at the water and decided that inhaling some might not be a good idea. "Have you ever wondered what it would be like to be a fish?" she asked abruptly, looking back up at him.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:06 pm
kenton looked curiously at the water. he had never been a big fan of swimming, mostly because he didnt know how, so the thought of chasing after swift fish was not exactly at the top of his date-night list. "um, not really. it seams difficult and i usually avoid larger streams. i could see how some find pleasure in the sport, it takes a mental sharpness and extreme patience, but i have never fished before so its hard to say weather i like it or not."

he walked to the stream bank and shook the water off of himself before stepping out of the stream. he felt mutch better, most of the drowsiness from the heat had left him. "why do you ask?"

sbuggy166

Dapper Dabbler

xo maho
Crew

Dainty Dreamer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:39 pm
Cali watched the water blankly as he got out of the stream and dried off. "I don't know..." she said eventually, slowly forming the words. She was suddenly having trouble thinking. "I think it'd be nice, to just swim around under the cool water all the time..."

Out of the corner of her eye, she caught sight of her mane. "Oh no..." she whispered, horrified. The leaves were turning a dead brown color and the butterflies were sitting lethargically on her back. "Um, excuse me, Kenton," she said, and laid back down in the stream. She turned her head sideways so that all of the leaves and vines were in the water, and then took a few gulps herself. The exhaustion finally setting in, she leaned her head against a convenient rock and fell asleep.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:17 pm
Kenton watched puzzled as Cali lay in the water, and then proceeded to fall asleep. it was the most peculiar thing he had ever seen. was she sick? was she just tired? he wasent sure what to do. he walked to her side and gently nugded her face. "cali are you ok...you are on the ground." Kenton looked around and decided that the only thing he could do was to wait.

he took one quick look at her and then ran off real quick to were he remembered seeing some apples. he picked a few and set them at Cali's side. he then went to the waters edge and lightly splashed some on her to try and rouse her. he figured that if this didnt work he would just lay by her and wait for her to come around. he really hoped that she was ok.

sbuggy166

Dapper Dabbler

xo maho
Crew

Dainty Dreamer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:32 pm
As Cali slept, she could feel her mane soaking up energy from the water and sensed the butterflies as they leapt down to take a few drinks with their long tongues. She vaguely knew what was going on around her - a male presence left and came back, splashed water on her...

Spluttering a bit, she woke up. She coughed once, catching sight of Kenton and the apples in the water next to her. Clearing her throat, she took a bite out of one, chewed for a little bit, and looked up at him. "I will be alright - I was just a bit dehydrated. Things can get disastrous if I forget to drink every now and then. Thank you for the apples, by the way," she said, grabbing the stems to pull them out of the water with her. The little butterflies fluttered close behind, chasing the flowers in her mane with new energy.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:49 pm
Kenton sighed in relief. that was the weirdest thing he had ever seen, but then again Cali was not your usual mare. he would never tell her that though. in most situations that concern mares, Kenton has learned that it is best to just keep your thoughts to yourself, cause they never take it the way you mean it.

"thank goodness you are alright though. i see why you stay by the river now. im no doctor, but i hope the apples help. i like to eat apples when im not feeling right." he swallowed hard and sat down beside her. the poor boy was so clueless when it comes to minor incidences. "im sorry i cant be of more help, im really only useful when it comes to burns and big wounds." he looked at her and then quickly looked away, slightly embarrassed.

sbuggy166

Dapper Dabbler

xo maho
Crew

Dainty Dreamer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:16 pm
Cali put the apples down and took another chomp out of one. "Yes, the river is essential to my survival... The summer is usually hard for me - everything dries up and it's far too warm for my liking," she said, looking out over the stream and into the forest on the other side of the bank. She wasn't sure if Kenton knew it, but there was a tiny nest of baby rabbits over there. She'd have to go see them later...

Turning back to Kenton, she gave him a bit of a weak smile. "I'm really just fine, but... you have tended those with burns and large wounds?" Cali was forming a new sense of respect for him with every passing minute.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:31 pm
Kenton nodded humbly and smiled at her. "not to re-approach the topic, but im my home land fires were a very common thing, it wasent unusual to get burnt or hit by falling branches. being the guard and protecter of my herd it was my duty to take care of any victims i found while out scouting." he nodded again, this time with a sense of pride. he missed his glory days were everyday there was an opportunity to be a hero. he sighed and looked to the river. "a question for you, if its hot and dry in the summer, what are you going to do in the winter? im not familiar with this stream, but in the possibility it freezes?"  

sbuggy166

Dapper Dabbler

xo maho
Crew

Dainty Dreamer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:06 pm
Cali shivered. She'd witnessed wildfires before, though they didn't occur often in Greece. They could blacken forests and raze a land in minutes. "That sounds incredibly terrifying," she said, taking a deep breath to calm herself down. She would hate to be caught in something like that. There would be no chance of survival.

She glanced at the stream, jolted by the reality in his question. "Um..." she trailed off, unsure. "I do not know what will happen. But if it does freeze, I would not know what to do."

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:17 pm
Kenton got to his feet and walked to the river. it was rather small...or dainty he thought. though he had not had much experience with winter himself, he was sure that this river would at least partly freeze.

"what about snow? i guess if you got really desperate you could eat snow. but if that dosent work give me a call, i would be more than pleased to go in search of a water source to keep you hydrated and healthy." he smiled at her think how nice it would be to travel with this mare. she would make fine company. he quite enjoyed talking to her.

sbuggy166

Dapper Dabbler

xo maho
Crew

Dainty Dreamer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:32 pm
Watching him examine the river, Cali smiled back at him when he smiled at her. He really was a nice guy. It'd be good to have him as a friend.

"Does it snow here? I would love to see some snow..." she said wistfully. "It almost never snowed in Greece. Snow is beautiful," she continued, off topic. Realizing this, she turned back to the topic at hand. "I will be sure to find you if I have any trouble. Where would I find you, though?" she asked, suddenly afraid that she wouldn't be able to find him if she ever need to. She mentally shook herself. Why is that a fear? she asked herself, finding that such a fear was decidedly irrational.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:48 pm
Kenton furrowed his brow. he had never really though of that. what is she wasent able to find him, or if he could not find her? it was an odd feeling of dull panic. he looked to the north and then back at Cali. :well ive been heading north. im set of exploring the mountains. ive never been there and they must be quite spectacular since i can see them all the way from the plains." he walked back to her. "im sure if the time comes when you need me we will be able to find eachother. just incase though i will stay along this stream. i will always take the path that leads to the mountains. that way you have a way to follow." Kenton intended to keep that promise with all his heart. it was no big deal to follow the river to the mountains. why hadent he thought of that before? it would make travel easier on him,and now he had a reason to keep him on the trail.  

sbuggy166

Dapper Dabbler

xo maho
Crew

Dainty Dreamer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:06 pm
Calixte got to her feet. "You are going to the mountains?" she asked eagerly. "May I come with you? I have never seen them, and it may take too long to reach you if there is no one else." She looked at him, her glowing gaze imploring him. "Please?"

She cast a glance back at the miniature river. "That cannot even last the rest of the summer. It is too small to endure the heat." Turning back to him, she gave him another look. "I would not ask this lightly of you, Kenton. Relying on others is not my way. Please, let me come with you..." she begged, hating herself a little for every word. Nonetheless, if a crisis could be averted, she would go with him if he let her. She'd go with him anyway, just because he was good company.

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff