Welcome to Gaia! ::

FFF ~ Final Fantasy Forever

Back to Guilds

The best final fantasy guild on gaia; covering for ALL of your Final Fantasy needs! 

Tags: final fantasy, kingdom hearts, square enix, gaming, forever 

Reply FFF ~ Final Fantasy Forever
Why do i never see people Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Parth Makeo

Romantic Lover

4,950 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Loiterer 100
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 10:32 pm
Well unlike Pocahontas 2.0, FF has many characters, if not, too many to name.
Besides the Star hero and Villain, we have some other characters that support them.
what Pocahontas 2.0 have? Blue people....
yeah, i have two other guilds. one being a Touhou Guild which is fun. A Pocahontas 2.0 guild is not that impressive in my eyes. They just made one movie, and i feel as if it was "Overhyped".

sorry about that but it's how i feel about it.

This made me laugh as it is what it felt like  
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 12:54 am
Ok I was making an observation about guilds and their people in general not comparing OR contrasting them. I love both Final fantasy AND Avatar, ergo I am in a guild from both, Your little snippet is offensive to me as I was not insulting you or the things that you love and you retaliated and insulted me and the things that I love.

Honestly, I don't see anything cliche about the movie. (everbody is going to rage at this statement but...) I thought that the plot was original. And indeed it is. Why? Because it uses a plot type not a specific plot outline. The reason that other movies have similar plots is because they are all apart of that same plot genre.

You don't rage at Finding Nemo for being a copy of every other talking fish/save the sea plots that there are (and there are many). And how about the super hero genre? practically all of the plots follow very similar guidelines...Why? Because they are apart of the same genre!

Avatar is a conglomeration of three main genres and they are: the science fiction genre, the "save the planet" plot sub genre, and the "friend becomes enemy" trope.

all three of these have very rarely been done, and together, you cannot tag them on to the smurfs, dances with wolves, ferngully, or any other movie that shares a portion of the plot.

sorry, I am getting tired of soo many people dissing the movie on an ill-conceived idea that the plot has been done before, a thought born out of sheer ignorance of the idea that it is somehow a genetic copy of other works.

Look, if ppl are gonna say Avatar was like Pocahontas, we might as well say Pocahontas was like Furn Gully, and if we're going as far as to say Pocahontas was like Furn Gully, we might as well say Furn gully was like Dances with Wolves. The point is, there are over 2000 years worth of stories in history, some are gonna have a thing we call Similarities  

XionGrey

Parth Makeo

Romantic Lover

4,950 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Loiterer 100
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 8:41 am
sorry i made you mad. When it comes to movies, i tend to get picky and sometimes Nitpick things to death. My bad for sharing my thought on the movie.  
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 11:52 am
Parth Makeo
Well unlike Pocahontas 2.0, FF has many characters, if not, too many to name.
Besides the Star hero and Villain, we have some other characters that support them.
what Pocahontas 2.0 have? Blue people....
yeah, i have two other guilds. one being a Touhou Guild which is fun. A Pocahontas 2.0 guild is not that impressive in my eyes. They just made one movie, and i feel as if it was "Overhyped".

sorry about that but it's how i feel about it.

This made me laugh as it is what it felt like

One thing I notice about you: You can't leave things alone. If someone says something, you have to correct them because your opinion matters. Grey was making an observation, calm the hell down.  

Todeskandidaten
Crew

4,250 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
FFF ~ Final Fantasy Forever

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers