Welcome to Gaia! ::

~Down the Rabbit Hole~ An Alice in Wonderland guild

Back to Guilds

This guild is for anyone who loves anything to do with Alice in Wonderland, be it the movies, books, or spinoffs. 

Tags: alice, wonderland, mad hatter, rabbit, hearts 

Reply All In the Golden Afternoon
The Mad Hatter Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who makes a better hatter?
  Andrew Lee Potts
  Jonny Dept
  Who the hell is Andrew Lee Potts?
View Results

Sh0ur4i

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:36 pm
Shinigami-Rem_Death-Note
I FRIGGIN LOVE THE MAD HATTER TOO!!! blaugh He's adorably hilarious even in psycho adaptations! I've got high hopes for Johnny Depp as my dear Hatter and I love how funny/sweet he is in SyFy's version, though he's nowhere near as mad in that one which is a shame. I know a boy who'd look perfect cosplaying as the Mad Hatter but I can never get him to wear the hat xp

That was my only problem with Syfy's "Alice". XDDD  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:54 pm
i love Andrew Lee Potts' Hatter. I especially like that pairing of hatter and Alice, but only with him as hatter.

Johnny makes him look like a *****, and the original Disney one is super old, and its nasty that people put that one and alice together.

But Andrew Lee Potts is the best hatter ever  

l Sailor Lupus l

5,150 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Hygienic 200

Book_worm963

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:06 pm
I hope jonny dept does good too... biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:12 am
____________♥Beautiful ✖ Ninja♦____________

You spelled Depp wrong... sweatdrop  

HeartSeeker Sora

Dangerous Member

habiku

5,400 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:50 pm
Blind Ragdoll2010
i love Andrew Lee Potts' Hatter. I especially like that pairing of hatter and Alice, but only with him as hatter.

Johnny makes him look like a *****, and the original Disney one is super old, and its nasty that people put that one and alice together.

But Andrew Lee Potts is the best hatter ever

I have to agree with you on the Andrew Lee Potts being the best hatter ever. He may not have been insane but he was great.

Johnny Depp looks a tad bit creepy but I'm sure he'll do great... and the Disney verison was the perfect "mad" for mad hatter. He shouldn't be paired with Alice due to how much older he is compared to Alice, in my opinion.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:04 am
What the heck is SyFi Alice In Wonderland?  

Princess-Splatt

6,100 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

Irish Stout

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:44 am
Princess-Splatt
What the heck is SyFi Alice In Wonderland?

Syfy Official Page There you go!  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:38 pm
I JUST SAW THE NEW ALICE IN WONDERLAND AND IT WAS AMAAAAAZZZZIIIINNNGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Truely awezmazzing... rofl (I like the hatters dance at the end when Alice slew the Jabberwocky!!!)  

Book_worm963

The Night Faery
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:35 pm
I'm dreadfully sorry to say that I've seen neither SyFy's Alice nor the new movie... I was on a trip during the former's air time, but I'll get it on DVD, and I'll be seeing the latter in theatres soon! I'm confident that they're both wonderful. XP

Alice339, I hope you don't mind, I put a bit of your post in spoiler white. Just until more guild members see the film. ^-^

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:55 pm
I actually dont't mind Depp as the Hatter now that I've watched the movie. o.o  

Azure Caterpillar

Crevan_Kitsune

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:05 am
I liked both Pott's and Depp's version of the hatter the both brought something different to the table and made the character their own. And they fit very well in their respective unique worlds.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:37 pm
Lol I just bought a MASSIVE Tim Burton's AiW poster. Now Johnny Depp is on my cieling.
I also, after seeing the movie, really wanna know where the hell Hatter learned to dance! He's bloody brilliant! rofl  

Shinigami-Rem_Death-Note

Cara the Sweet

Beloved Phantom

16,600 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:16 pm
I like all versions of the Hatter myself, and the Cheshire Cat also I love the futterwacken. User Image xD  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:12 pm
both mad hatters were good.but andrew lee potts was a little better than johnny depp  

TheBlackValentine

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:21 pm
I think what we'd have to define at some point is what we mean by 'better'. What exactly makes either of the two proposed Hatters 'better'? *puffs on a bubble pipe and pretends to be deep*  
All In the Golden Afternoon

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff