mindsend
Vice Captain

Ghost Trash

17,975 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:33 pm
They skimmed down low over the lake as they turned towards the mountains, "Well... I was going to run and do a glide over the river to our west, but... When you said fly, I thought perhaps a better shelter was in order since it wouldn't take much more effort going as the crow flies.."

He swooped up higher once again, not wanting to get too high up into the stronger winds, but not wishing to get caught by the branches of trees either as he actually used the wind to his advantage, racing towards the distant foot hills. The land was huge, and it would normally take days to travel. but, by traveling the winds that drove the storm onwards, they raced the winds North west, traveling outside of the boarders of the standard kawani territories, where the mountains curved south, covered in mostly uncharted forests.

It took almost two hours of flight, and they landed in a clearing with the edges of the storm breathing on their necks, cold wet droplets splattering against the protective cover of Cuauhcoatl's wings, both now folded protectively around his living cargo as he entered what appeared to be a long wooden house -- different from the Kawani's teepees, a longhouse like those by the Iroquois nation. Stepping inside as rain began to hit, he slowly knelt down to the second level sleeping platform, his wing stretching out to let her walk easily over, "It should be safe here. Much better then huddling against a rock and trying to sleep through the rain..."

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:04 pm
Ikinya nodded against his back, keeping her head mostly covered by his wings as she wasn't used to the way the wind whiped against her face. Quite comfotable in his wing's embrace, the little mare actually fell fast asleep after the first thirty minutes of the flight...having missed snuggling up to someone while asleep like she used to with her family.

Once landed though she was roused from her sleep, yawning softly as she poked her head out just in time to get a few droplets on her nose and to see them walk into a large cabin like structure. Turning her head this way and that to look around at the bunk beds along the wall and the various items on the second shelf like bed...it took her a moment to realize he'd made a wing ramp to let her get off. "Oh! So sorry..." She smiled sheepishly, getting up and making a little hop onto the bed. "Agreed....Thank you again for sharing your shelter with me...Its very nice of you to look out for...well, someone like me." Often too small to be noticed by anyone outside her village, it was strange to come to this big land to have someone finally take notice of her...even if it was due to her landing on him..

Looking around, an amazed look crossed her features...there was so much stuff in here....most of which she'd never seen before! "Is this...all yours?"

Tirokio

Kawaii Fairy

12,000 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cool Cat 500

mindsend
Vice Captain

Ghost Trash

17,975 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:18 pm
Stepping up onto the platformed second level, he crawled up onto a large nestlike bed made specifically for his horse form, "Ah.. Yes..? I've done a lot of traveling, and tend to collect mementos along with my scrolls.. It compiles over time... I used to use a traditional Teepee of the Kawani people, but... I found the Iroquoi Longhouse to be more suitable for keeping things hidden away long term -- its hard to get to this part of the mountains without being an angeni."

shaking his head, he stretched his wings out once more before lifting his head to the sound of thunder, rain shifting from a sprinkle to a downpour, "Ah.. Feel free to look around just.. Don't nibble on the scrolls -- I woke up one time finding myself eating one of my transcripts in my sleep.."

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:52 pm
Nodding her head softly, Ikinya slowly walked around the longhouse, sniffing, nosing and peeking at all of the treasures Cuauh had stowed away from his adventures. It was all so fascinating, it made the little mare wonder what it was like to be human to be able to build such structures...and what Cuauhcoatl looked like as one.

"I'd imagine wood and such stands stronger than leather and cloth of the teepees." She blinked and turned back to him, unaware of their exact location since well...she'd fallen asleep. "So...I can't get back down? I assume you wont mind flying me then..?" As much as she was excited to explore up here if not many had been once the weather became nice....she was sure Cuauh didn't want to be stuck with her!

As the thunder cracked loudly over head and the rain began to pound against the longhouse, Ikinya's legs began to shake in a deep seeded fear...hoping it wasn't too visible that she was frightened by their altitude and the magnitude of the storm. "S-so you've eaten....your transcripts?" She didn't exactly know what that was...but assumed it was something that probably wasn't supposed to be eaten.

Tirokio

Kawaii Fairy

12,000 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cool Cat 500

mindsend
Vice Captain

Ghost Trash

17,975 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:42 pm
"Well, it is possible but its a long journey and the pass to this particular part of the mountains is to the north. We're actually pretty low on the mountain valley, but it'd be positively ungentlemanly of me to insist you walk back to where you came from. Of course I'll be flying you.." Cuauhcoatl laughed a little and stood once more, going over a rack with a lot of paper and leather scrolls, and even a few stone tablet, and carefully took one out by a wooden spoke and let it unfurl to reveal it had a bit bite taken out of it, obscuring one of the illustrations, before setting it down on a stool, "Only a bite, the part of it was so water logged from my chewing on it in my sleep, there was no point in trying to salvage the part of the picture on it.... Used to keep them by my bed to read, but I've moved them away from where they may end up in my mouth while sleeping."  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:50 am
"Well, that is a relief..." She smiled in his direction, before looking back at a strange stone object. However her mind was elsewhere, as she knew that he wouldn't let her walk back...he was too much of a gentlestallion for that. He even let her fly on his back! Her, Flying! How many Usdia's could boast they'd soared in the sky, even in unfavorable conditions it was still an amazing thing to think back upon. Wearily moving back towards Cuauhcoatl as he took out one of the scrolls with the nibble out of it, she looked on with a sense of amazement and fascination. "You drew this...? This is....amazing!" The intricate details unfathomed by her, or by many other soquili she imagined.

Ikinya lept high into the air as one of the loudest cracks of lightning sent her diving into a hole big enough to squirm her body between the small logs under the bunk and a divider wall. Shaking horribly, she burried her little face against the back wall as the longhouse seemed to vibrate as the thunder rolled a few moments later. Here she thought coming to these lands would have considerably less storms to wrack her nerves like this...yet she supposed it was less than in the savanah during the rainy seasons. "Habari mzuri, Habari mzuri, Habari mzuri...." She repeated to herself in her native tongue, trying to calm herself.

*Translation: Im fine, Im fine, Im fine... ;D

Tirokio

Kawaii Fairy

12,000 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cool Cat 500

mindsend
Vice Captain

Ghost Trash

17,975 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:46 am
setting the scroll down, the angeni stood in silence as he watched her hide away, trembling in fear. There was a pang in his heart and he moved over to her, "Ikinya. I-Its alright. Shhhhhhshsh..." he bit back a yawn. While he could fly her with ease, it still took more energy then he was used to. Especially flying with only one set of wings, unable to use the other to allow him to glide most of the distance without his rear sagging, having to plow on forwards..

However, that was not important, not with the mare trembling in fright before him. He slowly settled down beside her, stretching his wings out over her and gently sliding her out of the wedge, pressing her gently against his side, "Just listen to my heart... Sleep. You're safe now..."

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:05 pm
"I...I K-know its okay..." Of course, the loud sounds of the storm were simply a bark...yet she'd never been alone for a storm since the horrible day her parents were taken from her. Be it some deep seeded issues, but she'd always had the comfort of the communal usdia group she grew up with...as much as she wanted to come here and see all she could see....well, she never even thought about the concequenses of being on her own as much as she should have. A little shocked as she felt the soft feathers against her back before being pulled out of the knook and against his side.

It was...warm.

Feeling her own temperature rise in her cheeks from embarassment, she little mare wiggled herself up a bit to rest her head on the crook of his forleg where she could rest her head against his chest. His heartbeat was slow but strong, followed by the steady sound of his breathing...it was just like back snuggling with the rest of her herd... "Im sorry...Cuauhcoatl..." She breathed, and like clockwork from flying her eyes started to feel heavy from the warmth and comfort. "Thank you though....I am... ~yawn~ so....greatful I found....you..." Barely able to keep her eyes open, the little mare slowly drifted to sleep off the rest of the storm in peace tucked away at his side, covered in a thick blanket of feathers.

Tirokio

Kawaii Fairy

12,000 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cool Cat 500

mindsend
Vice Captain

Ghost Trash

17,975 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:12 am
Shifting ever so slightly, Cuauhcoatl yawned once more, checking to make sure his new companion was comfortable before carefully laying his head down against his cot, letting the pitter patter of rain on the roof of his longhouse sooth him to sleep.

Continued here  
Archived

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces