Submit

the house of gaunt

Fashionable Flatterer

10,700 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Hero 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:04 am
I've always imagined that the Slytherins and Gryffindors usually skip the Hufflepuff vs Ravenclaw Quidditch matches. I just can't see any of the members of Slytherin or Gryffindor actually interested if Ravenclaw beats Hufflepuff or vise versa.

I've always imagined that Scorpius Malfoy is a Ravenclaw as well as Rose Weasley. Rose doesn't seem like a Gryffindor and Scorpius seems to be a lot different than his father and grandfather.

I've always thought that Arthur and Molly were the best example of a married couple that truely love each other.

I've always imagined that Fred Weasley was a womanizer. He just seems like the guy who gets with a girl then leaves her. George, in my mind, isn't like that.

I've always imagined that there was a lot of sexual tension between Oliver Wood and Marcus Flint.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:37 pm
User Image
I always assumed that the reason some of the purebloods have Squibs in their families is because of a genetic defect created by inbreeding. I mean, think about it. That's what happened to the Egyptians.

I assumed after Ron got his Prefects badge that Jo was setting it up for Ron to achieve his deepest desire, to be better than all of his brothers. He was on his way to being Head Boy, and then he made it on the Quidditch team. He even outdid Fred and George in getting into trouble.
*cough* Join Dueling Club at the Haven *cough*

ScottieBears MiaKitty

6,250 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Hive Mind 200

SuzelovesJamesPotter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:25 pm
I always imagined that Alice resembled Alice Cullen from Twilight. The same hair style and height is what I was thinking.

I always imagined that Frank and Neville were pretty much exact copies of each other, except Nev got more of Alice's coloring smile .

I always imagined that Lily sort of adopted the marauders as her brothers/family when she and James got together.

I always imagined there was one big event before Peter turned to being a Death Eater that caused him to turn dark.

I always imagined that McGonagall had some kind of event happen between her and Riddle, and that's why she fought so hard. (She was two years older than him.)

I always imagined that the Willow incident was the biggest and only real fight the marauders ever had. And that it was very dramatic. After that, they vowed never to fight again.

I always imagined the twins assigned themselves to either Ron or Ginny. Fred got Ron, George got Ginny. (Well Fred teased Ron more, it makes sense.)

I always imagined that Hermione freaked out when she realized she had feelings for Ron. (That would've been a funny scene. Hehe ^.^)

I always imagined that Teddy and Victorie were best friends before they got together smile

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:02 pm
Blanc, I agree about Molly and Arthur. heart
Mia, I never thought about that being a reason fo Squibs. That's interesting. idea
Suze, I agree about the Willow Incident. 3nodding

I always imagined that Lucius was promiscuous. If you try hard enough, you can find a fan fiction about almost any HP character being a slut, but Lucius is the only one that makes sense to me. I guess it's because I see him as enjoying sex not for the sake of sex, but because it's another way for him to exert power over people.

Minerva the Bookwyrm
Crew

ScottieBears MiaKitty

6,250 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Hive Mind 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:46 am
User Image
I posted the squib thing as a discussion. If you can tell I'm sort of having an overload of random questions and theories as far as things mentioned but never really studied in the books.

Anyways...

I always assumed that Lucius' father had been ashamed of him for some reason when he was in school, and how evil he became was overcompensating for the constant 'you're nothing' and all that.

I always assumed that if Voldemort hadn't been sent to the muggle orphanage, he wouldn't have become Voldemort. He would have just been another holier-than-thou evil pureblood (even though he wasn't really pureblood) wizard. It was all that time with those annoying, mean muggle children and then feeling of not being wanted what done it.

I always assumed that before Sirius was sorted into Gryffindor, Regulus really looked up to him.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:43 am
I always liked to think that Rose and Scorpius were best friends at Hogwarts. And I like to think that they were both either in Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff just to break the tradition of Weasleys being in Gryffindor and Malfoys being in Slytherin.  

Jedi Knight26

7,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Flatterer 200

Matelia legwll

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:44 pm
Let me see,

I've always believed that Peter was a victim of circumstance and his own jealousy. That and laziness were what led him down the road to become a Death Eater.

Similar to what Min and Suze mentioned, I believe that Lily had to work much harder at Transfiguration than others in her class. And that her hard work endeared her to McGonagall.

I believe that Sirius took Lily under his wing after she and James got together and especially after everyone left school.

Like Umi mentioned, I too believe that Lockhart could have been the next Dark Lord and Ron's broken wand saved us from a lot of grief. I mean, just imagine it: he'd already committed identity theft with loads of other people, why not Voldemort? I can see it now: Heart Eaters enslaving people with love potions. Everyone needing to wear lilac or pastel colors. The Most Charming Smile award holding more clout than an Order of Merlin, First Class. rofl

I've always believed that Lily was cordial and polite to the Marauders whenever they weren't bugging Severus or herself.

I believe that Lily and Petunia's parents died in a car crash.

In addition, I believe that James's parents died from Dragon Pox. That's partially influenced by how Draco's grandfather died, but Jo did say it was a Wizarding illness, and that's the only one I can find mentioned.

I've always believed that the Willow incident was only a big deal to Severus. It would've been a bit more serious than one of the close shaves that the Marauders laughed off, but not enough to stop the fun or the danger.

I assumed that the Weasley kids paired themselves off thus: Charlie, Ron, and the twins as a group and Bill, Percy, and Ginny as another group.

I've thought that Ginny was childhood friends with Luna since they live quite close to each other.

I've always imagined two groups consistently starting food fights in the Great Hall--the Marauders and the Weasley twins. ^_^

I like to think that Mary Macdonald married Reg Cattermole, and she is the Mary Cattermole that Harry meets while disguised with the Polyjuice Potion in the Ministry.

I've assumed that James's stag form had spectacle markings, and that he had a dark brown, almost black fur coat.

Speaking of spectacles, I've always visualized James with square ones.

Out of the canon characters, I imagine Alice and Mary and Marlene to be Lily's closest friends.

And also, if you give Alice a maiden name at all, you are imagining that for her. I've always thought she had a three syllable maiden last name, rather than Prewett.

So, last one. I have always believed that Lily and James actually forged a decent friendship before they finally got together. As much as I love the fanfics where she is upset that he made Head Boy to her Head Girl, I can't help thinking that the writers forgot the development sixth year must have had on the two.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:58 am
User Image
I always assumed that Hannah Abbott and Ernie MacMillan were a couple during their fifth year.

I've always imagined that Cormac McLaggen later wrote a book about Quidditch techniques, and became immensely popular.

Speaking of Cormac, I've always assumed that he never married. No one could handle him.

I always thought Lee Jordan died in the final battle at Hogwarts. It seemed fitting to me that Fred died with one of his best friends.

I imagine that the only true Marauders are James, Sirius, and Remus. I assumed that Peter was their pity friend that they allowed to tag along so he wouldn't rat them out (no pun intended) when they sneaked out at night.

I've always thought that after Lily and Petunia's fight before Lily's first year, they never got along. I can imagine Petunia laying in her bed at night, stewing over the fact that Lily was a witch and how unfair the whole situation was, even once she was married.

I've also never pictured Petunia in my mind with Blond hair, even though I know that's what hair color she is supposed to have. I imagine her with black hair, always pulled back into a really tight bun.
User Image

Angels_can_fly2

ScottieBears MiaKitty

6,250 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Hive Mind 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:55 pm
User Image
I always imagined that when McGonagall pulled her hair out of her bun, it was really really long, like to her waist.

I always imagined that Snape's nose had been broken, and that it hooked ever so slightly to the left.

I always imagined that Flitwick's wand curved at the end.

I always imagined that Hooch was a fabulous Quidditch player until she had a tragic accident and could no longer play.

I always imagined that Sprout was allergic to animals, which is why she was so into plants.

I always imagined that Trelwney didn't need her glasses at first, she started wearing them to be ironic (see the future, blind to the present) and then her vision actually did get that bad.

I always imagined that Filch's family was friends with one of the teachers. Since Squibs don't even seem to really count as part of the wizarding community, how else would he get a job at Hogwarts?

I always imagined that Pomfrey became a nurse because she loved taking care of children but couldn't have any of her own.

I always imagined that Binns was a cool teacher when he was young, but as he got older he lost it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:21 am
I always imagined that after Fred died, Lee Jordan went to help George in the joke shop and to develop new products.

I always imagined that Harry, Hermione, Ron and others went back to finish their seventh year of schooling.

I always imagined that Harry was offered a chance to play for a Quidditch team, but turned it down so that he could become an auror.

I always imagined that Neville is the heir of Gryffindor. My friends and I were watching CoS one day and then we started discussing who we thought the heir of each founder was, and I said that I thought Neville was the heir of Godric Gryffindor. No idea why, just thought it'd be cool.

I always imagined that Harry and Draco were able to put aside their differences and become somewhat friends.  

Jedi Knight26

7,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Flatterer 200
Main Forum: Haven for Harry Potter Fanatics

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items