Reply Advice
Relationships and sex Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SUPERSQUIRRELX

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:12 pm
Well just start off going for coffee or whatnot and let him know later that your not interested in sex. if they truely love you they'll be interested in more than your body. I broke up with the last person I was with because all that person wanted was sex and had no faith in God. Two things that are opposed to my ideology.

I'm 18, I'm still a virgin and plan on staying that way.
If anything wait until college before you look for your partner if there's no one desireable around you know. When you get to college people are far more mature and more like you as well.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:26 am
Zahmen II
Clearly, God doesn't want you to engage in sexual relations with anybody else or yourself until you're married.
Obviously, that's why he gives you the urges to perform sexual acts upon yourself (or another) at such an early age.
To test you, and if you fail it's all your fault and you're going to Hell and you better get to enjoying your nipples being toasted over a fire because Satan is having a cookout and ETERNAL HELL BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH.

If God doesn't accept that people are going to have sexual contact before marriage, he would have taken the urge from us to pursue sexual gratification until after we've already married.
I find refraining from sex until proper BC methods are in place is smart, but I wouldn't dream of using religion as an excuse to not have sex.
That's a slippery slope, because in certain sects of Christianity, sex is only to be used for procreation, and not enjoyment.

God would have to be a real d**k to give you sexual urges before he wanted you to utilize them, only to command you not to enjoy it.

Needless to say, I disagree with everybody here.
To anybody reading this, stay safe, stay smart, GET SOME ******** LEARNING IN YOU, and screw the night away.

First things first, All of us were condemned even before we had any sexual urges, but it is through Christ that we are saved from the judgment of our sins (Romans 3:23-24).

It is flawed logic blaming God for our sins because He did not take away our free will. How terrible would it be if God withheld our sexual urges until we were married? How many people would get married if that was the case? how many would even start dating/courting/looking for a spouse?

The issue is not about having the urges, but having the self-control when the urges come. a self-control that comes through discipline. the same kind of discipline that soldiers and athletes are know for in warfare and sports (respectively) that we as Christians should have towards God's commands.

It obviously isn't wise to give into the urge to punch anyone who irritates you, then why is it different with sexual urges? but look at this...

Quote:
Clearly, God doesn't want you to engage in violence with anybody.
Obviously, that's why he gives you the urges to perform violent acts upon others at such an early age.
To test you, and if you fail it's all your fault and you're going to Hell and you better get to enjoying your nipples being toasted over a fire because Satan is having a cookout and ETERNAL HELL BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH.

If God doesn't accept that people are going to be violent, he would have taken the urge from us to pursue violent gratification.

God would have to be a real d**k to give you violent urges, only to command you not to enjoy it.

See how ridiculous that is, we could use that logic for any sinful urges that come to mind: lying, cheating, stealing, selfishness, gossip, etc. But that does not justify ANY of them.

Sexual sins are a serious issue (1 Corinthians 6:18 ) and the urges have an outlet in marriage (Proverbs 5:18-19), but marriage does not cure sexual sins. You still need the self-control and discipline to be faithful to your wife. Because even in marriage, there are dry times (pregnancy, business trips away from spouse, long hours at work, etc) and there may be the temptation to "drink from another's cistern" (Proverbs 5) to satisfy your thirst. Self-control and discipline are important before and during marriage.  

Seraph68

Advice

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces