Shaymin R' us!! 6 Shaymin left. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

teh_n00b_huntr

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:06 am
-Zephyrotica-
Why is it always Toys-R-Us? I'd totally go get one if it were, like, say, in a vidja-game store, but I'm not fond of the odd-man-out glares someone our age gets when they set foot in a children's toy store. gonk
pfft, I just walk in like im da s**t and no one looks at me twice xd seriously though who cares? at the Manaphy event I stood there long enough to grab a couple, and at this event im going to go rent a copy of pearl and get quite a few shaymin 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:21 am
teh_n00b_huntr
-Zephyrotica-
Why is it always Toys-R-Us? I'd totally go get one if it were, like, say, in a vidja-game store, but I'm not fond of the odd-man-out glares someone our age gets when they set foot in a children's toy store. gonk
pfft, I just walk in like im da s**t and no one looks at me twice xd seriously though who cares? at the Manaphy event I stood there long enough to grab a couple, and at this event im going to go rent a copy of pearl and get quite a few shaymin 3nodding

And there was next to nobody there at TRU when I went to get Darkrai.

I was slightly surprised, but also relieved that I didn't have to stand in a line.

TtheHero

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50

teh_n00b_huntr

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:49 am
TtheHero
teh_n00b_huntr
-Zephyrotica-

And there was next to nobody there at TRU when I went to get Darkrai.

I was slightly surprised, but also relieved that I didn't have to stand in a line.
You wouldnt have to stand in a line since its done via mystery gift. all you should have to have done is be in the electronics section  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:27 am
You guys are very lucky that you can go and get one. I'm stuck with nothing. The closest one is one or two hours away.
And, I lost my game.  

MsTweet

Bashful Genius

10,325 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Regular 100

Thanatoast Crunch

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:39 am
I WANT A SHAYMIN! WHY ARE THEY RACIST AGAINST CANADIANS??? crying  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:54 am
Angelic Darknya
I WANT A SHAYMIN! WHY ARE THEY RACIST AGAINST CANADIANS??? crying

I guess that answers my question. D= The event's only in the US? Well, that's pretty effin lame. Guess LPS couldn't embarrass herself even if she wanted to.  

Mecca_Fish

RoseSpirit

5,200 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:20 am
-Zephyrotica-

I've always had a lot of fun at the events, and at the Darkrai one I'd just graduated from high school, and there were a few other people around my age I could hang with in addition to the kiddies. XD It's amusing telling the little ones that when I was their age there were only 151 Pokemon. They look confused. lol  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:24 am
RoseSpirit
-Zephyrotica-

I've always had a lot of fun at the events, and at the Darkrai one I'd just graduated from high school, and there were a few other people around my age I could hang with in addition to the kiddies. XD It's amusing telling the little ones that when I was their age there were only 151 Pokemon. They look confused. lol

I'm in College. And Tookie's, I believe, a year older than me. It'd feel a tad bit dorkier.  

Mecca_Fish

5ir Psycho 5exy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:58 am
Mecca_Fish
RoseSpirit
-Zephyrotica-

I'm in College. And Tookie's, I believe, a year older than me. It'd feel a tad bit dorkier.
Yeah, I'm 20 and I wear really weird clothing, I'd look like a ***** or religious zealot or something talking to a bunch of kids.

Besides, apparently it doesn't happen in Canada.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:47 pm
kelstar-chan
You guys are very lucky that you can go and get one. I'm stuck with nothing. The closest one is one or two FOUR hours away.

Orphie

Mecca_Fish

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:51 pm
-Zephyrotica-
Mecca_Fish
RoseSpirit
-Zephyrotica-

Yeah, I'm 20 and I wear really weird clothing, I'd look like a ***** or religious zealot or something talking to a bunch of kids.

Besides, apparently it doesn't happen in Canada.

Yea, and I'd avoid talking to the kids so I wouldn't feel like a tool.

And woot, same age as Tookie for a couple of months. 4laugh  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:17 pm
Do want.
I'm getting all three of my Pokéman games to get three.

Then I'll spend the next few days resettin' over and over untill I get a Timid nature with 31 IV's in the Speed and Special attack.  

melikefood

Driabhar

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:38 pm
There is another one of these events next month at TRU as well. For Regigigas. March 8th through I forget when. It's from the same download station cart, so If you got it at one particular store, they will have it again in a month.

I think the main reason for not doing it at another company is size and scope. Gamestop has 4k+ stores, and when we did one of these events with them many stores "lost" the carts and there wasn't much response for the effort and cost. TRU has about 5-6 hundred stores, and the turn out is good and the stores are much more responsible with the carts.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:40 pm
melikefood
Do want.
I'm getting all three of my Pokéman games to get three.

Then I'll spend the next few days resettin' over and over untill I get a Timid nature with 31 IV's in the Speed and Special attack.
FUUUUUU--

User Image  

5ir Psycho 5exy

teh_n00b_huntr

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:30 pm
Driabhar
There is another one of these events next month at TRU as well. For Regigigas. March 8th through I forget when. It's from the same download station cart, so If you got it at one particular store, they will have it again in a month.

I think the main reason for not doing it at another company is size and scope. Gamestop has 4k+ stores, and when we did one of these events with them many stores "lost" the carts and there wasn't much response for the effort and cost. TRU has about 5-6 hundred stores, and the turn out is good and the stores are much more responsible with the carts.
I talked to the manager working the electronics section and he said they get sued if they don't return the cart so yeah they are a little more responsible xd  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff