Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP] darkness even in daylight [Alaska & Amatsila] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alice says RAWR

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:26 am
The mare before her had wanted to see one of those...monsters. But why? This Amatsila had to know for herself, who would possibly want to come face to face with a kalona, or skin walker. They have horrible reputation and attitudes. "Why would you want to....meet one? What questions are you hoping for?" she asked wide eyed. Normally the other would see how surprised she was, however this was a different situation. Although she bet this mare could hear how surprised she was. She seemed pretty intelligent. Amatsila gazed up at the sky, pondered over that question she had been asked back. "No, I do not wish to either. It would be unfortunate to become one's dinner." Amatsila hoped this mare knew that those demons eat meat, vicious creatures of the dark and evil. "If you wonder through the woods, deep in, you could probably run into some," she suggested with an unsure tone. It was good to help out the mare, however then again she wasnt sure if she had really. "I highly suggest you dont though....I mean...arent you scared they'll......," taking a moment to gulp first, "...hurt you?" Eat, that wasnt the right word. Amatsila knew if she had said eat, the mare would have laughed and said that they would not eat you however they could hurt you badly. It was an assumption.

Amatsila turned her head to the grass below her, and she started nibbling at it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:31 pm
"Merely to ask them why the way they are. Stuff like that, surely there must be a reason or purpose that they are the way they are. Like us, we all have our reasons for being the way we are." Alaska aswered dipping her head a little.

Alaska had heard the surprise in the mare's voice as she had spoken of wanting to seek out a Kalona or skinwalker. She knew that she could get hurt or even worse, eaten if things went bad. But she wasn't planning on throwing herself to the wolves just yet. If she had, she would have done that when she was younger, though the thoughts were in her mind then... Shaking her head she litened as Amatsila spoke of where she coudl possibly find these, 'monster' as she had called them.

"I have no want to throw myself to the wolves just yet. There might come a time I would want to, but not right now. Who knows, maybe they all aren't as bad as we make them out to be?" she pondered this question for herself, more then wanting it answered. "But I do know that I might get hurt if up against one. Anyone would be if they aren't careful." Alaska nodded before lowering her own head to the ground.

She too nibbled at the grass at her light blue hooves. Her mane slidding along her neck and across her eyes a little. Though the milky orbs had closed as she nibbled contently, her ears always listening.

Kesmi

Shapeshifter

Alice says RAWR

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:00 pm
To figure out why they were the way they are. That is a good question, one that obiviously a mare like herself would never get an answer from. Not from the beast itself anyways. She thought about it a bit and kept on chewing. Swallowing the green mush, "Even if they seem friendly, kalona wise," that word gave a chill down her spine, but she continued, "they can easily trick anyone if they want to. There is a possibility where one could stand out and be...rather nice. However, one has yet to meet such." Nodding wisely at her own words. It is what she believed, there is indeed a possibility since there were tons of soquilis who roamed the land, however she also believed that they were raised up that way. It would be hard for them to be 'friendly' when they were raised up in such evil hands. Amatsila sighed, at least there were more species known with neutral behavior rather than dark sides. Life, was an unpredictable thing. Her eyes fell on the other mare's closed eyelids. You would not know that she was blind until she had told you. Just because one's eyes were completely blank, it did not mean they were blind. In this case, she was. Amatsila wasnt creeped out by the fact, just so very interested. Just as she is with many other features of soquilis. Spinel Sun still held her top interest. The world held so much for her to learn and see.

It got her thinking about her past, when she was young. No one was her 'parents'. She had woken up in a basket, alongside a tree in the forest. Birds surrounded her and they chirped happily. That was where she got interested in singing and poetry. No one to talk to her, so she had always kept her mouth shut, which soon turned into shyness. Only because she had not known many, in fact no one in her life. The basket was gone, she did not remember what she had done with it. However, when she was a filly, the basket did not mattered, even if it may be all thats left of her parents. Now, it really did. She had found herself with a new family, one that she rarely seen so they barely made a difference in her life, however it was good to know she did have some 'family'. As a filly, and now a mare, she was always on her own. Raising herself up, watching the two-leggers and other soquilis play. Hiding behind trees and bushes to shield herself. A rustle in the tree above her and the other mare woke her up from her deep thoughts. Just birds, and deep in the leaves, there was a nest with a family in it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:29 pm
Head lifting a little, Alaska tilted it to one side as the mare spoke of the Kalona being tricky and could trick anyone. She could hold her own and was willing to prove it if the moment arose. Stomping a hoof once, she lifted her head from where it had hung as she nibbled at teh grass. Eyes open, she didn't really come to glare, but gave a stern expression.

"now, now, don't worry about me. I have lived where the sun refuses to warm the earth for months on end. I can deal with something like a Kalona." Alaska nodded sharply before closing eyes again. "I'm a lot stronger then I seem. You are too, if you want to be." She smiled before her attention was drawn upwards.

She too heard the rustling in the leaves above, but also she coudl hear the small peeps of the young chicks that were in the nest. She wondered if they had started learning to fly yet, from the noise they were making... Maybe not, but if she could see, she would love to have watched, but her abyss refused her that pleasure and she had to see by listening.

"We are all like birds, without the feathers and wings, well most of us at least. When we are little we are scared and yet still curious of the world around us. And when it comes time to strike out on our own we don't want to leave the comfort zone. Whether it be a favorite clearing or home with parents. When we do end up on new advantures, meeting new soquili and perhaps getting into a little trouble. All in all, no one knows the true risk of anything if nothing is at least tried once." Alaska spoke, though was lost in her own thoughts and view of the 'being alone' concept.

She ahd been on her own since she was a foal and lost to the abyss. It had scared her at first, but things changed when her hearing became better and her nose started picking up things she didn't know were there. Now that she was away from her 'comfort' zone, things were an abstract of new sounds and smells and voices. She someday hope to maybe find something more in these 'summer' lands besides friends...

Kesmi

Shapeshifter

Alice says RAWR

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:41 pm
The mare had stomped her hoof, that was more than enough to give her heart a jolt. She perked up and straightened herself, already forgetting about all her thoughts as she quickly hid behind some trees. Huffing and puffing, hearing partially what the mare had said and partially not. Something about not worrying about her then birds. Amatsila peered from behind the tree, looked left and right, seeing nothing had started coming towards them with a hungry look. Stepped out and assumed the hoof stomp was from this mare. Most likely. Her eyes looked back at her company, waiting to see if she would add anything. Had she made such a move out of fustration, or to simply check if she was still there. Amatsila found it quite low on the intelligence level if she was simply trying to firgure out if she was there. It didnt take more than just a few words to determine that rather than such a sudden move. Had she said something wrong? What she said didnt seem to be anything that anyone should get annoyed of. However, it may seem rude since this mare does not know her and may assume she was looking down on her because she was blind. That was not the case. However, it did not matter, she had missed what this one had to say.

Amatsila waited more patiently for the mare to say something. She was not going to squeek one syllable seeing that she was already scared half to death. Her heart still pounding harshly, she could hear it. Not to mention, feel it

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:10 pm
Head turning as the mare darted from where she had been standing. A brow raising a little, Alaska raised her muzzle to the air. Sniffing at it, she couldn't smell anything strange around them. Was there something she was missing? Turning her head again she lowered it a little, ears cocked a but.

"Something the matter?" she wondered not knowing that maybe her stomp had scared the poor dear into hidding again. "I'm sorry if I had scared you..."

She wasn't sure if it wa even she that scared her. Turning around some, she kept her ears alert to anything else that might have been there. They seemed to still be alone, besides the critters that lived in the trees over their heads. Her stomp hadn't really been out of frustration or seeing if the were still there. Alaska just didn't like people worrying too much about her. It made her feel... Smaller then what she was even if she felt that maybe she had over reacted in this case.

Kesmi

Shapeshifter

Alice says RAWR

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:29 pm
Amatsila tried relax all her tense muscle. At least she had said sorry, "Its...ok." She nodded with a worried face. Her 'the hunt for the demons' was back on again. Her heart still held its fast pace, as she scanned once more around them. Anymore sudden moves and she'll be outta there in a jiffy. Amatsila watched the other mare with careful eyes. In case she chose to make anymore sudden moves, at least she could see it coming. Her ears were flattened against her head. "W-would you l-like to go somewhere el-else?" Stumbling came back in her words, and she continue to let her ears lay flatten. Although, she knew the trouble with wrods wouldnt stay too long as long as they had some peace and quiet and lots of time to let her heart slow down. Where could they go that Amatsila felt perfectly safe. Once again, the thought of Spinel, she felt rather safe around him. She felt safe with this mare too, well that the mare was safe herself anyways. She did not feel safe with this mare alone in their surroundings. Hair swinging side to side as if unsatified, Amatsila hope that she had an answer to where she might want to go. Then again, did she know where she was? Besides the sound and all, you still needed sight to tell where some place are.

"Its o-ok if y-you want to st-stay here," a trembling smile covered her worried expression.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:47 pm
Concerned, Alaska stepped toward the mare, her head tilting still gently to the side as she stopped close to her. She hadn't come across many in her time here, really, this one was only the second she has met. The other was a stallion whom spoke of humans and things like that. The tremble that came from the mare worried Alaska more then she apparently had worried her with speak of findingf a Kalona and asking it some questions.

"We can go somewhere else if it will make you feel more comfortable." Alaska agreed with a soft nod. "From the sounds of the tremble in your voice, I scared you too much, for that I am greatly sorry." Her head drooped some at the thought of her scaring the mare that badly.

Kesmi

Shapeshifter

Alice says RAWR

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:27 pm
She bowed to her apology even though she could not see it. Her heart slowed down as she let silence fill in the convo. Amatsila tried to think of place she wanted to go to. The hills, that was always a pretty place. However, she didnt want to go there. Then there was the river, where she believed her lazy niece is at. She didnt feel like going there either. Forest....nahh enough adventures the past few days in there. Perhaps to the desert or mountains. The desert, too hot and she has never been there. Hearing that she came from such cold ares, she'd probably wouldn't want to anyways. As well this mare had come from the mountains. "Lets just stay where we are," came her soft voice. Fully recovered from all the....'excitement'. The aqua mare watched as the sun soon faded beyong the horizon. Which was rather fast. Her days were just flying by. Her coat glowed in the darkness as always. Although the mare before her could not see.

Amatsila slowly set herself down. Onto her belly for some rest. It was tiring for her to stand, specially with all these different soquilis. She yawned, it felt as if she hadnt slept for days. She wasnt about to sleep here and now. A mare like herself always found a safe place to sleep in, where she could hide for the night.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:40 pm
Feeling the heat of the sun fade to be replaced with the coolness of the night, Alaska's eyes closed as she raised her muzzle giving an almost welcoming expression as the coolness wrapped around her dark colored body like a blanket. her coat prickled just a little as she welcomed it in past the velvet and closer to her bones. And ear turning downwards, she listened as the mare she had been speaking to yawned after laying herself down. Alaska herself was well content on remaining on her hooves. She was also used to sleeping in the wide open areas as home there weren't many trees or bushes to shelter near.

"That sounds fine to me." She spoke after a couple moments, "But you are welcomed to head for shelter if you like. I'm used to sleeping out in the open, no need to feel uncomfortable on my account." Alaska smiled down toward the mare.

Kesmi

Shapeshifter

Alice says RAWR

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:38 pm
Amtsila gave one last yawn before answering the other, "I---I think I'll stay here tonight. Sleep here. I'm fine with sleeping in the open too...sort of...as long as I have somebody else with me," she chuckled nervously. "Its a beautiful night to watch the stars, no clouds in the night sky tonight." She smiled as she rolled over onto her tummy to watch the stars. Her glow on enchanced more as she moved more. Amatsila wished her coat wasnt as eye-catching. Then again there were times she loved how it was and caught her company's attention when she needed it. In this case, it was a whole different story. "Arent you......arent you scared of being alone....all alone?" She asked unsure if the mare would understand the fear of loneliness. Then again she had been alone most her life, or as it had seemed in her story, just like her. She must understand, then again being alone for so long should make you strong. That did not happen for Amatsila. She onyl wished she had become a stronger mare and much more happy and open like other soquilis. Being paranoid was truly the last thing you wished to be. You couldn't even trust your own footprints. The glowing mare rolled back over onto her tummy and laid their relaxed. Trying not to think about the dangers at night and who or what might a kalona be chewring on at the moment.

She sighed slightly and quietly to herself. Listening to the wind make the trees sway. "Nevermind about my question," it was best not to question the mare about her fears or what. Some didnt like to talk about it. Like Spinel who preferred to keep everything to himself....Amatsila felt weird. She had been thinking about him a lot lately. She sighed and looked up watching the stars blink. She smiled, the angels up there to protect them from the monsters and darkness at night. Just like what she had thought when she was younger. Its never too old to believe in angels. Anything is possible.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:18 pm
Turning her head downwards and off to the side a little as if she were looking toward the mare, Alaska shrugged, she hadn't really thought about her fears. She guessed that she never really had thought about them, she had her own fears. At the moment she couldn't really remember them, but they were there. Folding down her forelegs and soon followed by her hind ones. Alaska found herself on the ground beside her new friend.

"There aren't too many fears out there for me. But I do fear some of those that use the cover of the abyss to prey on those of the daylight." She admitted, even though she wanted so much to talk to one of them. "The last nights sky I say was up north and it was covered with clouds, the winds blew hard and snow swirled like shadows through trees."

Her tail twitching against her flank it came to lay beside her as a gentle breeze blew through her curled mane. Closing her eyes as she lifted her head at the breeze. Oh it felt lovely to her, like a mother's breath instead of the spine tingling coolness. This truly was better then the daylight. If she could have, she would have stayed in the shadows and the night instead of wander in the sunlight. But as it was she was a day creature and had to rest at night.

A yawn coming to her own muzzle, her head lowered to the ground and rested against the grass that grew there. Yes, rest was good, it cleared the mind and eased the tension. And right now, Alaska was welcoming the thought of actually getting some rest with the company of another, instead of her own lonesome self.

Kesmi

Shapeshifter

Alice says RAWR

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:54 pm
Indeed, Amatsila agree with the fact there were so many dangers in the world. She sighed and closed her eyes, letting her ears listen. Amatsila didnt let herself fall asleep so easily, but her body and eyelids held a different story. She felt relaxed and comfortable but inside was still stuffed with thoughts and questions. Mostly, fear of demons. The sky grew darker and soon more stars appeared. There tree stayed still and silent from the wind and animals. The wind had even rested. Just nice cool air surrounded every place that needed to be filled. Grass tickled her tummy sides and legs. Amatsila liked it all, to enjoy all this out in the open. Out in the open, was she really safe with just this other mare? She couldn't believe so. It was rude to judge one by a disadvantage but it was true. In some ways. Specially when you could not see, it makes other fears enlarge in percentage. Amatsila took in a deep breath, and slowly let it flow out and trough her nostrils. How could you be blind from just crying and freezing your eyes shut. She wasnt sure. Searching for a witty explanation is tough. She loved explaining and discovering, however there were times, like this, where she had no idea what to assume. It was possible the one who gave her warmth had taken her sight. You can never get something without paying back in some way. Then the possibility where you could've been so cold, that your sight just disappeared? Was that possible. Perhaps it was so cold that whatever gave the eye sight, froze and stayed forever frozen or was corupted.

That could be why her eyes were completely blank, or so it seems. Suddenly, a light breeze picked up and swept over her. The mare slowly opened her eyes, and had thought she saw another not too far away. Not a good another. Amatsila perked up and eyes wide open. Nothing was there. She took another deep breath and tried to giggle at her self for being a fool. "Silence, can be so peaceful. As well, it can be horrifying," she nodded. Just for Amatsila, it was horrying. For others it's...regular.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:14 pm
She was stirred from her light doze from the shifting of the mare beside her. Alaska raised her head a little and turned her head in the direction, she wondered what was up. She wondered what the mare could have been thinking, but could only guess and knew that they were wrong guesses. Tilting her head to the side as she felt the rustling beside her in a somewhat sudden motion, her ears listening to see if there was anything around. She heard not a whisper of noise, but the grass around them.

"Something the matter?" Alaska asked concerned before falling silent as she spoke of the silence. "It can be a burden and a blessing. But at times both coincide with each other and let things be at peace." Laying her head back down she listened intently.

Kesmi

Shapeshifter

Alice says RAWR

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:36 pm
Amatsila dismissed the question asking if anything was wrong. The mare simply searched with her orbs waiting for something to appear, she would be ready to bolt, and ready to scream too. Her eyes slowly adjested, and it was so beautiful. The landscape sitting in darkness. "Life is a blessing," she smiled and said. Knowing that death was the opposite. There were predictions that an afterlife was possible, you'd go to hell with the true demons or heaven with the gods. However, she didnt believe that if you were good and you would go up and excetra. Amatsila believed there was only really one place for all sprirts to go. That was a place she could not decide wether it was bad or good. Praying that it was good. However, she also believed spirits lived amongst them. That is what gave off such a magical feel to these lands sometimes.

Her eye lids felt heavey after a long while of search. She sighed and gave up on it. Laying her head back down to rest and reclose her eyes. Twitching her ears. A bug latched onto her ear, she could feel it but she did not feel like shooing it off. Glowing brightly with her vibrant coat, she smiled as she thought about past incounters with other soquilis. How many time she had mistaken someone as a monster or this and that. Spinel was all in her head...again.

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff