Welcome to Gaia! ::

Spirits of Isira

Back to Guilds

The guild for Spirits of Isira, a B/C pet shop. 

Tags: Isira, Pets, Spirits, Role-playing, Breedables 

Reply Archives
Love Birds Among the Flowers (ReonaxArian) Fin Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:46 pm
The battle with the mire? Arian had heard of it from some others, but had she been there? "Did you..." He looked at her, "Did you fight in that?" He hoped not...especially after knowing some details about what happened there. It didn't sound pleasant at all and to think of her having to go through that...well it just didn't sit right with him.

"Yeah, without such beauty..." Arian trailed off and smiled, "But it didn't so no worries since the garden is still here. For that, I'm very thankful."

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:58 pm
Reona frowned, remembering back to Parasite's words... "Well...sort of. I stayed in the garden...but when it was attacked, I had to fight." She said softly, her gaze distant, "We were lucky to survive." She smiled and held up her free hand, flames licking around her fingertips, "I discovered that I could do this." She said, "And...discovered some of my past that I had forgotten so long ago."  

Rhea Izar

Feral Ladykiller

11,625 Points
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Punk Patrol 250
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:27 am
"Ah." Arian looked at her with some relief. So she hadn't gone to the mire...but still had to fight. 'It could've been worse though...' Then surprise flickered instantly in his eyes to see the flames dancing around her fingertips. "Amazing...you truly are an interesting spirit." He stated with a smile. Her past? 'What type of life had she lived?' He silently wondered.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:59 pm
Reona smiled, dropping her hand, "Heh, I suppose I am...there are much more interesting spirits to be around here, I'm sure." They broke into a clearing and began to pass some of the newer grave markers, "I can actually be quite dull, I'm told." She thought to her brother, the god spirit Pan, and chuckled.  

Rhea Izar

Feral Ladykiller

11,625 Points
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Punk Patrol 250

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:39 pm
Raising an eyebrow, Arian looked at Reona. "Dull?" His voice was light and a small grin was forming on his face, "That's funny...for some reason I just can't seem to see you that way." He shrugged lightly and his eyes gleamed in the sunlight, "Not that I've known you long...but so far I haven't seen any dull coming from you."

His eyes which were mostly focused on Reona also looked around the clearing. There were several newer looking grave markers in this area. It really was odd to him that he hadn't been yet.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:48 pm
Reona smiled, "I suppose I will take that as a compliment." She said lightly, giggling, but stopped as the sound of crying reached her ears and she turned, brilliant wings fanning out slightly behind her. "Just...a moment." She said, following the source of the sound into the newer part of the garden, her face falling when she saw a young girl weeping over a fresh grave.

"Daddy..." She sobbed in agony.

Reona's heart ached and she slowly walked over, invisible to the small child. She knelt and watched the girl staring at the picture of a stern military man. The red spirit reached out tentively, softly touching the girl's head. "Shhh...don't cry little one..."

The girl couldn't hear Reona, but she could feel her, and slowly raised her head from her bandaged knees, sniffling, "He's gone...I'll never see him again..."

"That's not true...your Daddy is always with you, even if you can't see him. He's watching over you..and someday, once you've lived a life that you can be proud of...you'll see him again, dear."

The girl sniffled and wiped her eye with a fist, "Daddy..."

"That's right. He loves you. He always will." Reona leaned down and gently kissed the top of the girl's head, and the small child sighed, looking as if a heavy weight had been lifted. Then a woman called her name and she rose, quickly kissing the picture, and trotting off towards her mother.

"Mommy mommy, Daddy's watching me! He has pretty wings!" She said, now looking happy.

"That's right dear. He's always watching you. Come on, let's go get something to eat..."

Reona sighed and stood, the expression in her eyes distant, a flash of pain as memories hit her from a time long passed.

Rhea Izar

Feral Ladykiller

11,625 Points
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Punk Patrol 250

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:36 am
Arian watched the scene with tender eyes. He knew what it was like to be so young and to lose a parent...it was a very saddening thing indeed. Watching Reona comforting the girl touched the spirit. It was a very sweet and kind thing for her to do. He decided,while tenderly watching the scene.

After the girl and her mother left, Arian glanced at Reona. The expression in her eyes hit him and the spirit moved without thinking. Already before he knew what he was doing he was embracing Reona softly. "Are you...okay?" He whispered softly still holding onto her.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:19 pm
Reona stiffened at the embrace, blinking for a moment as she was pulled back to the present. Then she relaxed, gently returning the embrace, "Yes...fine...just...remembered things long passed." She took a shaky breath and released Arian, smiling again, "Thank you, for your concern, Arian. Really, I'm fine." She smiled, her eyes tender, "I just...have a soft spot for children." She said, taking his hand and kissing his knuckles softly before patting them, "Now, how about that tea?" She asked, still holding his hand as she turned to lead him towards her grave.  

Rhea Izar

Feral Ladykiller

11,625 Points
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Punk Patrol 250

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:15 pm
Arian would have to thank his father for teaching him to keep a calm face while he was alive. He'd been doing good until the kiss to his hand. That had surprised him. 'Really wasn't expecting that.' He thought blinking.

But what did she mean just remembering things long past? Arian figured it was about her life before becoming a spirit...but still it interested him. Refocusing on the current situation Arian listened to Reona speak. "Tea sounds great." He smiled warmly and feeling a bit bold gently squeezed her hand.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:46 pm
Reona smiled, walking hand in hand with the new spirit she had just met, but already liked very much. She lead him into the older parts of the garden, then an even older section, where many of the markers were cracked, worn, and some mere rubble. Finally they arrived at her own, a small very worn marker, so worn that only the first name was even slightly ledgible. The grounds around were manicured, however, with flowers and a small alter where several art supplies, dishes, and tins of tea were kept. Reona smiled as she released Arian's hand, "I am guide to a very generous young woman...she helped to clear my grave and gave me gifts." She carefully put away her drawing tools and pulled out a teapot and tin, filling the pot with water from a nearby fountain and placing it on top of a small rack over a fire pit, which she easily lit with a finger, blowing the flames into life.

"It was Rhea who helped me remember I was an artist." She said, watching steam begin to curl up from the pot. "Please, have a seat." She said, motioning to the soft grass beside her.

Rhea Izar

Feral Ladykiller

11,625 Points
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Punk Patrol 250

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:55 pm
"Wow." Arian looked around and ran his hand carefully along the alter. Her guide must be very generous and caring indeed to do all this work. "I wonder if mine would ever..." He chuckled thinking about the one who called to him as a mask. "Not that she isn't generous...just a bit forgetful and untidy at times." He thought of the wild flowers growing as they were beside of his grave. Yet they grew beautifully and even the green vines curled gracefully around his marker.

Refocusing Arian watched as Reona started the tea. 'Being able to control fire must be a handy thing.' He decided with a grin before sitting down beside of Reona. "She did? That must've been a great discovery for you. I mean our memories are important, right?" No matter how painful some may be...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:03 pm
Reona's eyes were distant, "Yes...it...is useful." She said, sitting back on her heels, neatly folding her wings. She was silent for a moment, then sighed, "My memories...are very painful. I am glad that I have them...but..." She trailed off, staring down into the flames, "Every time I use this...gift..." She said, looking at her hands, "I am reminded of...the terrible death that I had, and those that I failed to protect." She sighed, shaking her head, "Oh, I'm so sorry, I-I tend to become very sappy and depressing." She said, smiling, "Perhaps we should...speak of something more appropriate for such beautiful weather." She said.  

Rhea Izar

Feral Ladykiller

11,625 Points
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Punk Patrol 250

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:02 pm
Arian's clear gaze never left Reona's face as she spoke. Now once more worry flickered across his smooth features. A terrible death? Placing his hand on Reona's shoulder, the spirit shook his head. "It's fine...really it is." He gave her a warm smile before continuing, "Sometimes its better to let such things out...instead of just bottling them up."

Arian's wings rustled out behind him as he looked away from his companion and around the area, "I'd be willing to listen...if you wanted to spill some of this. I mean...yes it is beautiful weather...but I'd rather have you feeling better than sad." He turned once more and smiled kindly at her, "But sometimes to feel better you have to let it all out." He paused before continuing, "I mean...it's only if you feel like you need to talk about it." The smile was still there but his face had a sheepish look about it. "But then again...I'm still kinda a stranger aren't I? You might not feel comfortable..." He trailed off into silence and turned his gaze back to the grass right in front of him.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:58 pm
Reona looked thoughtful, then lightly brushed a hand over Arian's cheek as he looked down, "You are...very kind. Though, you may regret the offer." She said with a soft grin, opening the tin and pulling out some home-made tea bags. She sighed and looked up at the trees for a moment, "It was...a very, very long time ago." She said, "I was an artist, yes...though mostly self-taught, for women were not meant to do anything more than housework and bear children in my time." She said. "I was poor...and my family died from an illness when I was young. I scraped together a living working for a church...then war struck the land."

Idly, Reona pulled out two tea cups and poured in the hot water, dropping in the tea bags. Taking up a cup, she began to stir it with a twig of cinnimon, offering one to Arian. "The church became a hospice, and my time of drawing was over. I learned to be a nurse very quickly. There was...a lot of death. But the worst...the worst were the children." Here she went silent for a long moment, seemingly to collect herself before she continued, "As the war moved on through our country...I took it upon myself to take in any orphan I could find. I got together a few other who wanted to help and...we began to rebuild, raising the children as a community. I was their teacher, being learned in simple letters and numbers, as well as art...I do thank my parents for that. In any case...we lived a reasonable life..."

Then her eyes fell and she was silent, stirring her tea...

Rhea Izar

Feral Ladykiller

11,625 Points
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Punk Patrol 250

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:00 pm
After having her soft hand brush across his cheek, Arian finally looked back up. "I won't..." He whispered softly before she began talking about her past. Focusing on Reona only, Arian found himself listening intently to her speak. Her past had been very horrible indeed to lose her family so young and then for war...

Arian's hand circled around the cup and the spirit smiled a warm 'thank you' to Reona. Silently he still listened to her speak as he raised the cup to his mouth. His lips touched the cool rim of the cup, and the rising steam immediately warmed his face. The tea itself had a wonderful aroma and tasted delicious. That he'd tell Reona later, for the story came first.

Even with the tea, Arian for once wasn't distracted and his attention the whole time was on Reona's story. It was when she suddenly trailed off that Arian remembered how she had told him about her failing to protect before her terrible death. Could it be that those children...Slowly the spirit reached out and reassuringly touched Reona's hand. "Reona?"

Archives

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff