Welcome to Gaia! ::

History Huggers

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who do want to live in the past! 

Tags: history, historical 

Reply Main Forum
Most pointless War in History? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

+1
  +1
View Results

Tsubaki Aoi
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:32 pm
there is truth in what you speak.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:51 pm
"I wanna line the pieces up..."

Oh man, do I ever agree with you! The current war in Iraq = pointless. Humans... we're too silly...

"...Yours and Mine." -Sora

La Reine Marie Antoinette

Alonso Quijana

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:29 pm
Yes, humans can be a bit stupid and rash, can't they?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:07 pm
yea i know we shouldn't be in Iraq i mean its not like we are not in it for a reason(9/11), we should forget the terrorist actions killing so many people.

this is a damn if we do, damned if we don't situation, if we pull out the we are just opening for other wars to start and for the country to be taken over by iran or some other country and make the reason for going in to Iraq, THE REASON THAT WE HAVE MEN IN IRAQ NOW completely null, and that begs the question "what did they die for?"

the only reason that people can say the this war is stupid or not needed, is because we sit back in America or other countries, safe and far away from the fighting. i have friends that are in the war and i worry about them but that is nothing to what would happen if they came back.

I know that i am going to catch crap for saying this because i have seen your posts and you are widely against the war.

And by the way we should learn from the civil war because it is getting to the point that we might experience one in our life time.  

Jake Evermore
Crew

Tsubaki Aoi
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:25 pm
the war had a good reason to begin with but we have strayed from that and have begun to take care of those people as if we were their maids. they have to develop their independence by them self or else it will never work and fail. wars are cruel but in the end necessary for the system we have created would not work otherwise, you could say that a warrior's blood is the oil to the worlds engine, and the only reason i want the war to end is because i like many others want the blood to stop, for i too have friends there. and a war is coming to this country and it is because we are to stupid to not fight, and in the end this country like the story of Atlantis will crumble and fail from our own selfishness and arrogance.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:28 pm
I agree, but I don't think that we can just back out now. We got ourselves into this mess and we need to live up to our responsibilities. If we back out now, the Iraqi government could easily crumble and then another dictator, possibly worse than Saddam, may come into power. Maybe it was a bit stupid for us to go into Iraq in the first place, but we've made our bed, now we have to sleep in it.  

Alonso Quijana

Tsubaki Aoi
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:00 pm
i know, but does it look like they will ever reach that point?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:39 pm
Right now, no. I think we could reach that point with a president with a concrete and effective plan for rebuilding and leaving. I think Bush is too worried about finishing what his dad started in the '90s.  

Alonso Quijana

another_lame_username

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:59 pm
Ok, I feel like an idiot but what started the war? yes, I've heard 9/11 but that was Afghanistan so why are we in Iraq?
because of money and Bush trying to finish what his Dad started? Maybe some racism...? Now the next generation is left to pick up after its parents. We never should have entered Iraq.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:29 pm
well the way i see it (correct me if I'm wrong) bush send started the war for two main reasons, one his father got blame and accused of not wanting to help the Iraqi people out with there dictator, and so as to clean up his fathers name and family reputation he decided to take him out of power. two, the republican party i mostly supported by oil companies which benefited with iraq's new independence, after the war they went there and help the Iraqi people re-built the refineries, at the cost of a "small price" also they have deal that only their oil ships get to help them ship their oil, well you see the oil industries did not actually take the oil from Iraq they got plenty of other deals that get them a lot of money, and therefore gets the republican party a lot of money, which will be use to help the republican presidents when they retire from office, and that's another reason bush went to Iraq. he only used the pretext that Iraq was going to do the same thing that afghanistan did (radical Islam) and invades for those two reasons.  

Tsubaki Aoi
Crew

Alonso Quijana

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:10 am
Really? I figured that it was partly his desire to clean up his dad's name, but I didn'nt know about the oil. Grr, if only we would drill in ANWR. It would solve a lot of our problems.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:39 am
For me, it's either the Vietnam War or the current Iraqi War. Though truly the only difference I see between the two (excluding date/time) is that one was fought in Vietnam and the other was fought in Iraq. The principles of stupidity I see in both are the same. ^_^''''

Though one little extra thing about the current war that I find as being a bit more stupid than the Vietnam war...is President Bush. (For those of you that support President Bush, you are more than intitled to your opinion. But I can assure you you will not find me speaking highly of him on any topic.) I just hope that he hasn't screwed us all over to a point beyond repair...but I think it's pretty safe to say that he's gotten us close to the boarderline.  

Vampire-x-Goddess

1,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250

the grey seer
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:26 pm
no where screwed  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:32 am
Not necessarily. There have been a few times before that it seemed as though we would not be able to repair the U.S. But, the American Revolution, The Great Depression, etc. were all fixed by great leaders. That's what the U.S. needs right now...a great leader. However, from what I've seen, I don't think we're getting one this year, no matter who is elected.  

Alonso Quijana

the grey seer
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:49 pm
that's true  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items