lordstar

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:00 pm
promised_child
lordstar
promised_child
lordstar
promised_child
lordstar

Doesn't change the fact that he was forced on pain of death to fabricate a confession. True or not it is still tainted.

they offered it, doesnt mean he had to take it,

Your right he didn't have to take the offer
But it really isn't that simple

Assume there are no other outcomes
What would you rather do?
Confess to something you didn't do for a lesser punishment
or continue proclaiming your innocence and die

I would rather not die

you dont understand- he had a better chance of dying of old age on death row than he does in gen. pop. he is an admitted child molester and child murderer. he wasnt proclaming inocence- for the last 5 years he had been saying that she "threw" herself at him, that she wanted it. that isnt saying i didnt do it, its saying, yeah i did but its not my fault, bear in mind she was 7 years old. also i would rather die than confess to a crime i did not commit, its called integrity.

so by saying it wasn't his fault he was trying to justify his actions as innocent (it makes me cringe just thinking about it but thats the thought process used by criminals in a case like this)

Integrity in death is still death
Perhaps we put different weights on life
But I can respect your choice in not confessing to a crime you didn't commit...I would think it a senseless waist but still it is your decision not mine. Just know that the people can go either way on this issue...death or not death.

a senseless waste- being honest? i am aware that people go both ways on this, but you asked which i would choose, id rather die honest than live a lie.

roxanne doll- is the case if you wanna look it up

Again
"I can respect your choice in not confessing to a crime"
That’s right...I quoted myself...don't I feel special

"a senseless waste- being honest?"
No, I believe that any loss of human life is a senseless waste
Yes, that means you as well...that didn't come out right
I would rather you live and have at least some sort of connection with the joys of being alive

It’s not really the case that I’m taking a look at but rather the theory behind what went on during the case

Looking at it from my point of view may be difficult...perhaps because this is personal and you have internalized it (its normal to so I would think)  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:18 pm
lordstar
promised_child
lordstar
promised_child
lordstar

I would rather not die

you dont understand- he had a better chance of dying of old age on death row than he does in gen. pop. he is an admitted child molester and child murderer. he wasnt proclaming inocence- for the last 5 years he had been saying that she "threw" herself at him, that she wanted it. that isnt saying i didnt do it, its saying, yeah i did but its not my fault, bear in mind she was 7 years old. also i would rather die than confess to a crime i did not commit, its called integrity.

so by saying it wasn't his fault he was trying to justify his actions as innocent (it makes me cringe just thinking about it but thats the thought process used by criminals in a case like this)

But I can respect your choice in not confessing to a crime you didn't commit...I would think it a senseless waist but still it is your decision not mine. Just know that the people can go either way on this issue...death or not death.

a senseless waste- being honest? i am aware that people go both ways on this, but you asked which i would choose, id rather die honest than live a lie.

Again

I would rather you live and have at least some sort of connection with the joys of being alive

It’s not really the case that I’m taking a look at but rather the theory behind what went on during the case

Looking at it from my point of view may be difficult...perhaps because this is personal and you have internalized it (its normal to so I would think)

no looking at it from your point of veiw isnt difficult it sorta mirrors the point of view of his family.except his brother, who testified against him. and to look at the theory behind a case, you need to look at the case. thanks to his lies myself and atleast 2 of my cousins felt that we could have done SOMETHING, we felt guilty even tho we were 8 (me) 9(cousin 1- her brother) and 12 (her sister)  

promised_child

lordstar

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:58 pm
promised_child
lordstar
promised_child
lordstar
promised_child
lordstar

I would rather not die

Again

no looking at it from your point of veiw isnt difficult it sorta mirrors the point of view of his family.except his brother, who testified against him. and to look at the theory behind a case, you need to look at the case. thanks to his lies myself and atleast 2 of my cousins felt that we could have done SOMETHING, we felt guilty even tho we were 8 (me) 9(cousin 1- her brother) and 12 (her sister)

There might have been something someone could have done but there are so many variables it is essentially out of anyone’s hands
so stop worrying and putting blame on yourself
how could you have possibly known what would happen
all im saying is that it is not plausible that you would have been able to do anything yet always possible
it really isn't worth the time to think about it  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:53 pm
lordstar
promised_child
lordstar
promised_child
lordstar

Again

There might have been something someone could have done but there are so many variables it is essentially out of anyone’s hands
all im saying is that it is not plausible that you would have been able to do anything yet always possible

as children there was absolutely nothing we could do. our parents lived with their guilt, we died with ours. Roxy wasnt the only one that died that night, i did to, and i didnt even know it for 10 days. see theory only works if you take out the emotions and lives and ignore the scars, forget that someone was hurt, forget that children were destroyed that is when only looking at the theory works.  

promised_child

lordstar

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:07 am
promised_child
lordstar
promised_child
lordstar
promised_child
lordstar

Again

as children there was absolutely nothing we could do. our parents lived with their guilt, we died with ours. Roxy wasnt the only one that died that night, i did to, and i didnt even know it for 10 days. see theory only works if you take out the emotions and lives and ignore the scars, forget that someone was hurt, forget that children were destroyed that is when only looking at the theory works.

for simplicity and for your skittles I will agree with you, there was nothing you could do.

however, I still think theory will still work even with emotions and the scars tragedy engraves in memory but perhaps it might be easier to see by simplifying the situation by removing ones self from the picture.

It seems like my detachment is starting to ware you thin
If you think I might help go ahead and vent
I will be your punching bag
that is
if you trust me  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:15 pm
lordstar
promised_child
lordstar
promised_child
lordstar

Again

for simplicity and for your skittles I will agree with you, there was nothing you could do.

however, I still think theory will still work even with emotions and the scars tragedy engraves in memory but perhaps it might be easier to see by simplifying the situation by removing ones self from the picture.

that is
if you trust me

i hit hard, so fortunately for you, my friend rachel has already been delt those blows. i am over throwing punches for Roxy, she allways hated when i got into fights anyway. he is off the streets for life, and has to have the memory of ripping a precious little one from her family, and has to feel the pain every day (assuming he has a concience!) whereas Roxs pain ended in 95. that is a perfect punnishment, and satisfies the call of her blood to be avenged. i am sated in that knowledge, so i dont truely need to vent.

gabrielle
There is more to being a warrior than skill. There is fighting for what you believe in, for people that you love

promised_child

lordstar

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:26 pm
promised_child
lordstar
promised_child
lordstar
promised_child

that is
if you trust me

i hit hard, so fortunately for you, my friend rachel has already been delt those blows. i am over throwing punches for Roxy, she allways hated when i got into fights anyway. he is off the streets for life, and has to have the memory of ripping a precious little one from her family, and has to feel the pain every day (assuming he has a concience!) whereas Roxs pain ended in 95. that is a perfect punnishment, and satisfies the call of her blood to be avenged. i am sated in that knowledge, so i dont truely need to vent.

gabrielle
There is more to being a warrior than skill. There is fighting for what you believe in, for people that you love

The words of a true warrior
The battle might be over but there are others still struggling, deadlocked in a battle for their life

What will you do?
What would you have me do?
What should we do, to aid our comrades?
What can we do?

You seem to have a strong heart and a mind to match (both a blessing and a curse I’m afraid)
Use it
The day is not won yet
Humanity is calling
Will you answer?  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:46 pm
lordstar
promised_child
lordstar
promised_child
lordstar

that is
if you trust me

gabrielle

The battle might be over but there are others still struggling, deadlocked in a battle for their life

What will you do?
What can we do?

You seem to have a strong heart and a mind to match (both a blessing and a curse I’m afraid)
Use it
The day is not won yet
Humanity is calling
Will you answer?

will you?
are you willing to take the suffering
the pain
what it takes for a young woman, to lose her baby- not by choice
the pain it gives a young woman to kill her baby
are you warrior enough?
can you comprehend it?
would you take the place of a stranger on the recieving end of a bullet?
a strong heart and mind only work if you use them.
the battle isnt over
but the war is won,
won by the only Man in history
to answer yes to all of the above.
but are you man enough to try?
humanity is still calling
can you answer the phone?  

promised_child

lordstar

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:17 pm
promised_child
lordstar
promised_child
lordstar
promised_child

that is
if you trust me

gabrielle

What will you do?
What can we do?

Use it
The day is not won yet
Humanity is calling
Will you answer?

will you?
the pain
are you warrior enough?
can you comprehend it?
the battle isnt over
but the war is won,

I don't know if such pain can be comprehended entirely, but I can try right
Perhaps the most well known man, a truly brave soul, is depicted in the Bible (that is the hint you dropped right?), however, there must be more
Maybe not on the same level but still

lolz
Some days I feel like my number is on speed dial
My ex would always wonder why I always answered
Why good was never good enough to stop and take a break
And even still I find myself jumping from one project to the next  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:38 pm
lordstar
promised_child
lordstar
promised_child
lordstar

that is
if you trust me

gabrielle

What will you do?
What can we do?

Use it
The day is not won yet
Humanity is calling
Will you answer?

will you?
the pain
are you warrior enough?
can you comprehend it?
the battle isnt over
but the war is won,

Perhaps the most well known man, a truly brave soul, is depicted in the Bible (that is the hint you dropped right?), however, there must be more

lolz

i think you missed the pantamiter, thats one of my poems that i made up as i was typing it. but the point of good writing is to make one think, did i make you think?  

promised_child

lordstar

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:57 pm
promised_child
lordstar
promised_child
lordstar
promised_child

What will you do?
What can we do?

Use it
The day is not won yet
Humanity is calling
Will you answer?

will you?
the pain
are you warrior enough?
can you comprehend it?
the battle isnt over
but the war is won,

lolz

i think you missed the pantamiter, thats one of my poems that i made up as i was typing it. but the point of good writing is to make one think, did i make you think?

wow I totally missed it (Chris needs to pay more attention)
but it did make me think
did it make you think?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:14 pm
lordstar
promised_child
lordstar
promised_child
lordstar
promised_child

What will you do?
What can we do?

Use it
The day is not won yet
Humanity is calling
Will you answer?

will you?
the pain
are you warrior enough?
can you comprehend it?
the battle isnt over
but the war is won,

lolz

but it did make me think
did it make you think?

of course. what did you think about the thinking poem?  

promised_child

lordstar

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:08 pm
promised_child
lordstar
promised_child
lordstar
promised_child

will you?
the pain
are you warrior enough?
can you comprehend it?
the battle isnt over
but the war is won,

lolz

but it did make me think
did it make you think?

lolz
I was just rereading and someone called me to put in a few miles for measure L
I took me a few rounds but I think I figured out whom it was that could say yes to all the things listed  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:12 pm
lordstar
promised_child
lordstar
promised_child
lordstar
promised_child

will you?
the pain
are you warrior enough?
can you comprehend it?
the battle isnt over
but the war is won,

lolz

but it did make me think
did it make you think?

lolz
I took me a few rounds but I think I figured out whom it was that could say yes to all the things listed

really, wanna compare notes, you go (as i already know the answer) first  

promised_child

lordstar

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:41 am
promised_child
lordstar
promised_child
lordstar
promised_child

but it did make me think
did it make you think?

lolz

really, wanna compare notes, you go (as i already know the answer) first

I would think the most obvious answer would be Jesus Christ
Right?  
Debate and Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out