Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[Mystery Hatching] A Mysterious Kind of Folk Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

sariraii

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:53 am
Zarsteyr, He/him
Gotta put on a strong face for the others. Zarsteyr gave Farallen a wide grin and a thumbs up as he resisted the urge to pat the other man on the back reassuringly. He wasn't quite sure what to say about the injury Farallen had received before, but he winced sympathetically as he looked at the scars. "You're pretty brave, to still stand after something like that," he offered. Secretly, he echoed the man's sentiment, wishing he could help, but...what could he do? He tried not to droop, thinking about it. How was he going to be a rider, if he couldn't help anyone? Even if it wasn't his fault, it felt almost like it was.

He shook the thoughts away, his grin returning. "I'm fine, just worried about the candidates and hatchlings. I hope everyone will be alright." He was trying very hard to act with self-preservation, but decided right then and there that if Farallen were about to take a blow from a dragonet, he'd try to meat-shield for him.

Revel1984

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:03 pm
Bekah was gentle but thorough in applying the numbweed, he should be feeling much less in pain any moment "I think it was a green, im sorry i was looking elsewhere at that precise moment" She just hadn't seen exactly what had happened, just the aftermath. "Rykin, nice to meet you, i'm Senior Apprentice Healer Bekah, from High Reaches. Do you think you could drink this?" she asked, holding a restorative drink since the young man had lost blood, no Fellis, mostly water with added juice and other healer-y things to restore energy levels to help. "So what are you hoping to Impress?"

Smerdle
She keeping him talking

~~~~~~~~~~

Farellen held back a bark of a laugh "Brave?" he shook his head, distracted from the sands "More like shaffing stubborn, according to A'ral" Stubborn was definitely something A'ral had told him he was, among other things. "i learned the hard way not to intervene with fighting dragons" He got serious for a moment, then winkblinked at Zarsteyr "As long they or we, get a dragon, i'm sure we'll be alright" This guy was alright, he figured he wouldn't mind taking a hit for this guy if a hatchling decided to come along with dark intentions, what was a few more scars right?

sariraii
He gon shield Zarsteyr too XD

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:08 pm

"No," Tristram said at last, "I suppose it is not their faults." Papys was improving, but he still needed to be stitched up. "My kit is pretty extensive... but I could use the help. Can you take care of this boy? There's another that needs healing." He'd rather that the sacrifice made had not been in vain. "Veikel, would you please check on Rykin? That apprentice might need some help with his wounds. ... Thank you," the healer said, realizing that he hadn't even so much as acknowledged his friend in any other way, or N'man, when it came down to it. But then... his heart was sore, and it was taking everything he had to keep on.

As it always did. "Be careful. I'll be back soon." For it was time to move on. He'd spotted a boy in need of help, and he was already on the move. Midais had been the victim of the brown dragonet who'd been so irritated. Crossing the sands, he found the boy, and started carefully guiding him back to safety.

"Shh, I've got you. You can relax now." The boy seemed to be near fainting, which could just be from nerves, or from loss of blood. Either way, he needed to find the source, and stem it quickly.

demon_pachabel
houllow
stella cinere

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:15 pm
IMPRESSION POST

Candidate Jaiyce Western

So much was happening on the sands, it was starting to turn into one helluva party! Luckily Jaiyce was used to this scene, in a manner of speaking, and able to keep his head.

He and Vesden were doing their best to stay out of the way of rampaging greens atm, and there seemed to be quiet a few of them.

Shuffling from this side to that they paused for a moment and he happened to glance back towards the Mint Chocolate Chip Egg and saw that it hatched into another lovely green.

Still doing his best to send fond thoughts to the hatchlings Jaiyce was explaining to Vesden how this was just like the party he'd attended one time at Rivercrest where everything went simply bonkers and- (he kept talking trying to keep Vesden more interested in his story than the fact that a candidate had died on the sands)

And then he saw a flash of blue out of his peripheral vision. before he could move back and out of the way a Dragonet quite literally flopped onto his feet- the same one that he'd just seen with Mint Chocolate Chip egg hatching, and then there was a moan of distress and a look of utter shock crossed Jaiyces' rapidly paling face. Training didn't cover this!!! But then the Dragonet was talking to him, inside his head and as the being said his name, he felt, no that was too small a word, he knew he'd found something hed never let go as the hatchling turned his head up to look at him, rainbows swirling.

Jaiyce dopped to a knee in the sands, the better to hug his Maracajath. "Fovever" Jaiyce responded both aloud and in his head. He held the hug for a long moment, taking time for the bond to sink in, and to hide the tears falling on his weyrnlings hide. Then he stood and together they guided one another towards those waiting to help the two of them.

lothwolf
OMGOMGOMG sorry Vesden, gotta bail

Milady Emerald

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:15 pm
Candidate Aelyx : Western : She/Her

Sitting beside Huarwar, her hand was clasped in his. Tears pricked at the corner of her eyes, and in this moment, Aelyx was fighting back flashes of memories. Happy thoughts for the babies. Happy thoughts. Good things. Don't remember that. Don't think about it. Her breath was quick as her fingers tightened on his and her head leaned in to his shoulder. Someone was dead. It was normal. It happened. She wasn't bothered. She was fine. She couldn't let her own memories, her own issues, effect a hatching.

BastetAmun
Moving Huarwar with Bast's permission, since she will not be home til later.

Candidate Wren : Western : He/Him

Bone Egg Green had to be one of his favourites. Then again, most of the babies on the sands were. A cocky smile curved his lips and he entertained himself by watching their fire. They'd make incredible threadfighters when at last they took to air, and two Impressions down! Look at them go. All would come to pass as it should, wouldn't it.

Candidate Micah : Western : She/Her

Yeah...Definitely was starting to remind her of tempers back home. Snorting idly, the girl tucked some hair back and turned her hair away and leaned back on a foot to watch the hatchlings. No, she wasn't mentally comparing the tempers to whers. Not at all.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:19 pm
VEIKEL

"Got it." Veikel didn't need to be told twice to press himself into work mode, and so he bit the inside of his cheek as he made his way over to the apprentice healer and one of the chew toy candidates. His first glance over dropped his stomach, but a hard swallow and a forced smile kept him on track to do what was needed.

Deep breath, deep breath. "Bekah, how is everything? How are you doing, Rykin?" He reached into his hip pouches for gloves as well as a few other supplies; numbweed, redwort, a small snack to chew for pain. "I see you've applied some numbweed - did you clean it out with redwort first?" He didn't want to doubt her training, but as the Journeyman here it was his job to double check.

Dragonet injures were typical and, if he'd been watching properly, it'd been a brown that had gotten testy. That meant the jaw size was a bit different than say, a smaller green, but the sharpness of claws and the like would remain the same. "Do you feel any strange pressure anywhere in or on your body, Rykin?" There could be a chance of internal bleeding, if something had gotten carelessly nicked. This wasn't at all his field of experience but shard it, Veikel was going to do his duty. "I'm Veikel, by the way. Journeyman, though you already know me." He winked at the candidate, his introduction having been mostly for the girl.

Revel1984
bekah
Smerdle
ryyybye

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:43 pm

I'm glad that you are all right, the little queen said, nuzzling Nonami, Please forgive me. I need her, the dragonet explained, glancing up at the woman who was caring for them. It was not the most dramatic moment in the world, but she did feel badly for taking away Nonami's protector and companion. Perhaps the child might stand somewhere else?

My Phryana, your Kleoth is ready to be done with all of this. We have a lot of preparations to make. My brothers and sisters need so much care, but we cannot give it to them if I'm starving.

User Image

Tsunake

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:54 pm
Vimiath
Upon a ledge above the Sands, the svelte golden Vimiath had been watching the events below with concern. She could sense Teth’s desperate wish to make things right, but knew full well after her many clutches that infant dragons almost never understood even the gentlest of corrections, or else took them deeply and fully to hearts. Teth himself was still quite young, and inexperienced as a sire. She struggled with herself, not wanting to interfere with another gold’s moment of glory, but eventually came to a point where she feared for Killakeeth’s young more than she cared for etiquette. Before she spoke, she sent reassurance to the other gold that she was in no way attempting to lay claim to her mate, or to interfere with her children’s Impressions, trusting that Killakeeth would make allowances for her greater age and experience.

Teth, she called softly, and privately. I can see that you are trying so very hard to give your children a bright start for a bright future. Perhaps I can ease your mind, as I have seen many, many of my own children succeed. She paused for a moment, hoping for a positive response, before continuing. It is… hard to admit, though many were witness to it, that I was not at my best for the arrival of my last clutch. I was unable to give them even the weakest of direction, or even care enough to support them with the truest depths of my hearts, for my rider, close to death, was always foremost in my thoughts. I truly regret some of their actions, but my own strength of will, even at full force, could not have improved those outcomes. Though it be painful to watch them make mistakes, it is often best to just leave the infants be, to let them learn from those mistakes and from their human partners. She sent him a burst of warm feelings, a draconic approximation of a mental hug. It will not be too much longer before they find theirs, dearest—see there! The gold has just found hers! Take comfort in that knowledge, and give all of them your full support, even if it seems they are making mistakes. Though some losses may come, in the end, it will be all right.

She lowered her head, looking down toward where the little Purple Flying Heart green was begging for clemency. This would be a perfect opportunity for Teth to support one of his children!
houllow
Teeeeeth!

magnadearel
For mention of Killa!

Teiha

sariraii

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:57 pm
Zarsteyr
"Stubborn, brave, same thing." He waved a hand dismissively, since they were, in his mind, similar enough. He nodded at the man's words, though. "I just hope the hatchlings all Impress." He didn't mention the candidate who had died, but it was on his mind. Tragic as it was, he hoped it didn't lead to a second death. As he watched, the gold Impressed--the calmer one, that is. He smiled at the new rider, but she likely didn't notice in the chaos of Impression. Zarsteyr idly wondered why the hatchlings were taking so long to actually Impress, though. With a frown, he hoped that there were enough candidates. What if they weren't Impressing because they couldn't find theirs?

Revel1984
Farallen

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:59 pm
FISHER

Oh, oh. OH. Fisher knew that pair, she recognized them from the sands...and she knew that look on the dragonet's face. A new goldrider was born from among them, and the teen couldn't help but approve of the little gold's choice. Phryana had been a passing conversation maker at a time, a fun partner for flirty banter at the other, and now someone the whole Weyr could look to and depend on. Fisher might not know much else beyond that, but she was happy in her heart to see someone be found.  

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:00 pm
Farellen shrugged too, Zarsteyr was right "Farellen" he said, giving his name before his attention turned to the hatchlings again, one of the Golds just Impressed "I'm sure they will, some just take time" he said with a smile, Hoping that one of these babies WAS his.... he didn't know what he would do if he aged out, he had no other plans, his whole life revolved around dragons.

sariraii

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:20 pm
TETH

Teth could indeed hear the little chirps down near his feet, and he moved his large head down to look at the tiny green. The grey and red were gone, awash with purple of love. Vimiath's words were echoing inside his skull, and Teth was no fool despite what others would think. He was young, he was emotional, but he would never intentionally try and hurt his and Killakeeth's children. To know that he was causing them such issues sadly needed pointed out to him, as F'ell was too busy tempering him down to do much else. Both rider and dragon could be blamed in equal, and they would accept that.

For now though? For now, he would just show love and support. He was weary, his children were....angry, but also finding theirs. He couldn't, shouldn't, smother them any further. The stress in the voice of the older gold and the panic in the eyes of his own daughter were signs enough that he'd done wrong and needed to stop. He needed to trust in others, just as he'd often been so upset when they didn't trust in him. Eyes still a soft purple, he nuzzled the PFH green baby and sent a whuff of warm air over her. I'm not mad at any of you. Papa was being silly, can you forgive me for it? Another nuzzle, more soft and calm love. You should go find yours, so you can show them to me later okay? I want to meet them. He sounded so subdued, but Vimi's words still echoed. F'ell's attempts still echoed. The tiniest of scratches from the Bone green tickled. Go on. He lovingly pressed the little green to head back to the sands and find hers, humming a bit.

Towards the one who'd comforted him, Teth sent his honest thanks. Vimi.....I missed up. I.....I....I'm sorry.

Uta
;3;
Teiha

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:22 pm
Papys

"Alright, I'm lookin'," Papys relented to Plague's very earnest attempts to get some attention, leaning his forehead into the little firelizard. He wasn't too worried about bleeding out, though the pain was really starting to come in on the edges of that initial shock that would have sent many beyond without having to feel the rest of it.

Andranis
Since Tristram left him to it XD

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:39 pm
Phryana

For a moment, the woman merely stood there, her eyes locked with the whirling rainbows of the young gold's eyes. She needed her. Her? Phryana. In that instant, she felt a love she'd never known bloom within her heart, welling up, up, up, until it threatened to overwhelm everything. She almost felt as though she couldn't breathe. Kleoth--perfect, beautiful, wondrous Kleoth-- knew everything she'd suffered through. Knew her shame, her hate, her despair--and cared not a whit. She was here now, with her infinite love and understanding, and the shock of emotion was nearly enough to make her sway.

Her hand did not tremble as she reached out to cup Kleoth's cheek, and the gold leaned into her touch with patient, trusting eyes. As hungry as she was, she would remain here for as long as Hers needed, relishing in the sensation that was her rider's awe. To think her Phryana had been so strong on her own.... well. She would never be alone again.

"I need to go," Phryana told Nonami gently, still smiling in an almost, dreamy sort of way. "Your leg... it needs to be looked at." The stabbing pain in her stomach was enough to make her grimace, and though Keloth said nothing, Phryana knew she could not delay any longer. The look she fixed upon the Candidate was as stern as ever, heat flashing in those dark eyes. "Find one of the Healers," She ordered, but not before stroking the child's hair. "Please. I don't want you to be hurt any further." Then, she was striding past, reaching out for her bonded even as Kleoth fell in perfect stride with her.

With a hand resting upon her dragon's neck, the pair of queens made their way towards the feeding tables. There was so much to do in the future... and they were certainly up to the task.  

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:42 pm

A candidate's life was snuffed out, taken far too early, far too soon... and unremarked upon. For this was not a remarkable event. Not at a Hatching. Kallian watched, wanting to sketch the scene. This would have been the perfect opportunity to do quick sketches - something he could later paint. He doubted he'd be able to replicate the nuances from memory later. It wasn't... callousness that made his hands itch. It was something more. Something meaningful.

Truthfully, he didn't know why he had chosen to Stand. He could have been a rider at Whitecliff, if he'd only stayed. But he hadn't stayed. What was left to him there? Nothing. Nothing and no one, and... Kallian's heart ached thinking about it. There was no point, when he needed to open up his mind to these infants. These beautiful children who didn't seem to know their own strength. His own place on the Sands was every bit as solitary as ever, but he was alert. Watching. Welcoming.

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games