Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Marrow Of Life

Back to Guilds

A place where imaginations roam about together - and destroy a few cities while they're at it. 

Tags: Roleplay, Imagination, Expression 

Reply [Fossil Dig] :: Extinct Threads
The Legend of Zelda : Shards of Elysia (OPEN) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kallori

Original Stalker

15,150 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Tax Evader 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:26 pm
[ Felin : Kokiri Forest : Hole of Z ]

Curious about the boy's sudden actions, Felin hurriedly followed the boy, although her luggage was weighing her down a bit, not to mention the rain that constantly pelted her face and soaking her clothes in the process. While Izzy managed to bound over the fences, Felin decided to take the long route and pass between them, for the sake of conserving her strength. It took a bit of effort to crawl through the hole, but she made it to the other side. After fixing her tunic, she heard a familiar voice. After following the labyrinthian path through the high-rising hillsides that encircled the maze, she found the Kokiri girl next to Izzy, who looked down in the dumps.

The word "giant" reached Felin's ears, and she had a vague idea of what Nado meant. She herself knew very little about the Giant, though had caught sight of a large boy much taller than any Kokiri only twice. She couldn't remember all the details, except for the undeniable fact this Giant was someone from outside, most obviously.

A thought then came to the girl's mind, which might add some optimism to the scene. "So this Giant...how often does he come here?" First, a question for some more info, and without waiting for an answer, proposed a solution. "Hey, we're leaving for Castle Town, right?" her question this time was obviously directed at Izzy, and she only presumed the reaction Nado would give on the abrupt mention of "leaving". "What would you think if we popped in on this guy? I myself think it wouldn't hurt." It wasn't a bad idea, actually. The only flaw would be if the Giant came while they were gone adventuring to Castle Town.

---

[ Phyela : Keuredet Village : Indigo Potion Shop ]

"Well, that was refreshing." The words practically escaped her mouth without the witch so much as thinking about what she was saying. Heading for her room, towel turban on her head, she figured since she was still a little energetic, she might get some studying done. Grabbing her magic book off the shelf and flipping through the pages, read various incantations and spells, many of which were outside her skill level. Still, it was nice to know what there was still to be learned. Speaking of skill levels, the young witch doubted the sisters had gone to bed yet, glancing past the door to her room. It was so lovely that they had such accommodations for apprentices, albeit minimal in number.

Although she would have loved to read more, eventually she found her eyelids begin to feel heavy and drowsiness settle in. Trying to fight it, though in a futile attempt, she eventually let it overcome her, and she flopped on the bed, not caring if a pillow lay beneath her head. She still held the book in her hand, hanging it over the footrest and eventually letting go. The book fell to the ground with a quiet thud, closing shut. Phyela soon began to snore softly, a slight smile on her lips as she dreamed.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:12 am
[ Naroh : Keuredet Village : Vlillage Square ]

Taking the umbrella hesitantly, Naroh watched as the young man stepped out into the rain and gathered a pair of buckets, before returning and reclaiming his possession.

This simple act reminded the Hylian of what he was doing and why he was here. Two questions he had yet to answer. So what exactly drew him to this small little village? Did he desire to be here? or did the fates have something more in store for him?

As the boy went on with his idle chatter and the like, a simple question directed the older hylian's way stood out from the rest. Did he have a place to stay? Or rather, a place for the night?

A place for the night? a shelter with a warm bed, safe from the elements and dangers Naroh had faced outside? Heh, he had, been away from civilization for far too long..

"Uh... no, I-I don't."  

Dark Xaero

pumpkinlanding
Captain

Dedicated Loiterer

7,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Guildmember 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:58 pm
Luke : Keuredet Village : Village Square >>> Bakery ]

"You... you don't??" Luke asked, his eyes widened in shock. Now he felt horrible. He didn't want to be too nosy, so he wouldn't ask the man the details, but he had to do what he could to help. "Well, that settles it. You can sleep in the bakery." And with that, he grabbed the man's hand and led him to his home. Once he opened the door, he yelled at the top of his lungs, "Mom, Dad, I found somebody! Can we keep him?"  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:03 am
[ Izzy : Kokiri Forest : Hole of Z ]

"Um..." Izzy began, not sure where to start. These girls were going to confuse him until he lost his mind! He was glad Nado wouldn't be coming with them... but he wouldn't say that out loud...

"It's alright, Nado... I noticed he wasn't here. Felin, Luke used to come around all the time. But nowadays, it's not very often. I understand why... But that's not important right now."

"Izzy, he lives on the Outside!" Haelo suggested, agreeing with Felin. "He could help us out!"

"That's true... How much help, I couldn't tell you guys. I don't know if he's been anywhere but his village and the forest, and whatever lies beneath. He said it's just a short bit of field... According to him, you can see the village from the secret entrance. So yes, I agree as well. I think it would be the easiest way to begin our journey."  

Izzy Talliessin

OrangeCrush1979

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:22 am
[ Nado : Kokiri Forest : Hole of Z ]

"WHAT?" Nado asked in a panic, unable to stop the frown forming on her face from shock and dismay. "Where are you going, Izzy?? And with this... this girl?!" She wrapped both hands around Izzy's right arm, as if she absolutely refused to let him go. "You can't leave the forest! You could get hurt! There are big people out there! And... and... other things! I don't know what else, but... but..." She couldn't find any words to continue, so she simply fell silent and pressed her forehead against his shoulder.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:18 am
[ Felin : Kokiri Forest : Hole of Z > Kokiri Forest ]

"Hey!" Felin shot at Nado's remark about Izzy leaving with 'this girl', as if she wasn't important or valuable. She wanted to spit words at Nado, but refused, seeing the girl's next actions almost a moment later. True, that's how a lot of Kokiris reacted when they were "leaving". She even recalled hearing Izzy's cousins, completely shocked at the news earlier. Which reminded the girl, she'd have to tell Fado she was leaving, the girl being the only family the little prankster had. But on the other hand, she might not tell her, so as not to worry the girl. However, the repercussion of this would be the girl worry even more at the sudden disappearance of Felin.

Taking in a big sigh, Felin turned on her heel. "I'll catch up with you guys in a bit. Just gonna finish up one last errand before we set off." and with that, Felin slid down the hill, making her way through the maze, and crawling out the hole.
Looking across the village, she spotted the shop, where Fado usually sat on the roof. However, with this rain, she was missing. Probably in her house.
A small trek across the path and a small skip over a stone, the girl trotted into her destination. The house was like any other Kokiri's, with wood furniture from a bed to a table, but Fado had a small carpet around her table. "Oh, hey Fel." the girl greeted.
"Hey Fado." Felin started to wring her hair and cap out, though it wouldn't do much good, since she was going back out. "Look, there's been something I've been meaning to tell you."
Fado raised a hand. For someone so young-well, younger than Felin-she had a firm grasp of maturity. "It's alright, I heard." The young girl fell silent for a moment, a sad look on her face. "You're leaving, aren't you" Felin averted her eyes as Fado looked to the floor from her stump seat, her blond hair falling down. She must've taken it out of her usual ponytail. A long silence followed as Felin took a seat on a stump as well. Fado quickly grabbed one of Felin's hands, clutching it with both of hers. "Just promise me one thing."
"Sure, what is it?"
Fado looked up, her sapphire eyes glimmering a bit. A sweet smile began to form on her face. "Just don't die out there. I've heard how scary the Outside is, and how it gets worse at night."
Felin softly put her free hand on Fado's, assuring the girl she'll be safe. "I promise."
Both girls then stood up as Fado moved around the table so they could hug. "Just remember to keep that promise, okay?"

Kallori

Original Stalker

15,150 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Tax Evader 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

pumpkinlanding
Captain

Dedicated Loiterer

7,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Guildmember 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:18 am
[ Luke : Keuredet Village : Bakery ]

"Sure, son, but only tonight, because it's raining," came the very tired voice of his mother, Pita. "Just make sure to leave it some water. And if you feed it, make sure it's only bread from what's going to go bad soon!"

"She thinks I'm talking about a pet," Luke whispered, struggling not to laugh. "Okay, mom! Anyway, now that that's over with, follow me." He led the man behind the counter, through a door into the ingredient storage room, and then through that to another door, which brought them into a spare room. There were two small mattresses resting together on one side of the small room, and the rest of the space seemed to be free, though there were many closed cabinet doors. "You can stay in this room. The beds are pushed together, so you should fit on both of them combined. There are blankets galore down here in the closets, and some spare clothes, too... Some of them might fit you... maybe. Anyway, it's better than catching a cold in wet clothes. OH! Hold on, I'll be right back."

He ran back to the front of the bakery, but remained behind the counter. He grabbed a tray full of bread loaves, grabbing one for himself in the process, and brought the "dinner plate" to his guest. "Do you eat bread?" he asked as he returned. "'Cause if you don't... Well, sorry, that's pretty much all we have." He set the tray down so that the stranger could help himself, then leaned against the doorway with his small loaf. "By the way, do you have a name, or do I have to come up with one for you?" he joked, before biting into his bread.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:44 am
[ Naroh : Keuredet Village : Bakery ]

An animal? that was funny. Naroh hadn't really encountered such an awkward introduction to someone's home before, it was laughable really. Even as he accepted the bit of food the young hylian offered him and inspected the room he would be lodging in for the night. Naroh still managed a chuckle over the odd event.

Untying his sword free from its position attached to his belt. The ex-guard set the trusty weapon on the floor next to him, do to it being quite awkward to sit with while it was on, especially now. Snatching a loaf from the tray, Naroh pulled free of his red mask and hood, finally revealing his identity as a whole.

Quietly he sat. Listening contentedly to the sounds of the rain as it poured. Though his clothing was a little less then dry, Naroth found no change in his body temperature, which was good, he wouldn't get sick. He didn't have time to worry about illness.

However the boy was another matter. Pondering over his question, the older Hylian weighed his options. But found no harm in being courteous. This time.

“Y-you can call me, Naroh...”

Though he didn't feel threatened by the presence of the young hylian. he had made such a fatal mistake once before while he was a guard. A mistake, that cost him, his right eye. Being cautious of course, was in his nature. Besides being well versed in the sword, he was also well disciplined. An ideal mix for Knighthood, or so some believed. But, Naroh didn't care for such fame. He was just a man, wanting to protect the people who couldn't protect themselves. At least, that's how he thought about it, then.

Touching the triforce engraving upon his metal eyepatch. he thought about what made him do what he did. Why he left. There was no true explanation really. All he could answer if ever asked was, “Its just a feeling.” A feeling, that felt unpleasant and vile. One that, whoever it belonged to, made him fear for his life.  

Dark Xaero

Izzy Talliessin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:26 am

"Alright, I'll meet you by the exit, Felin,"
Izzy called as his friend departed. He didn't bother trying to break free from Nado's grip; he knew from years of experience that if he stood still long enough without resisting, she'd eventually let go of her own accord. "This is something I have to do, Nado. The Great Deku Tree needs us to search the Outside for something. It's for the good of the world, including the forest. I can't let everyone down. I can't let you down," Izzy finished with a smile, figuring he should say something about her to expedite her release of his arm.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:29 am
[ Nado : Kokiri Forest : Hole of Z ]

"Why can't he pick somebody else?" Nado persisted, clutching her gang leader's arm even tighter. "Oh, what am I saying? He's right. You're too special not to do something important. He's always right. But..." She finally let go of his arm, and her own fell limply to her sides. However, she still kept her head leaning on the top of his shoulder. She tilted her head just a bit to the side, and pressed the back of her head against his neck. "...I don't want you to leave..." she whispered. Though these last words couldn't be heard through the pouring rain, she knew without a doubt that he knew what she meant.

She finally lifted her head back up and looked into her leader's eyes, struggling in vain to keep her own from producing tears. She cleared her throat and made the Snapdragon salute with her right hand, separating and curling up her fingers, then raising her hand to the side of her head, then lowering it to her chest. "I... I'll take care of them," she said, louder this time, though her voice cracked on the word "care".  

OrangeCrush1979

pumpkinlanding
Captain

Dedicated Loiterer

7,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Guildmember 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:53 pm
[ Luke : Keuredet : Bakery ]

"Oh, so you do have a face," the young Hylian joked with a smile. He couldn't help observing that the man's face was rather good-looking; the eyepatch accentuated it, instead of taking away from his appearance. He quickly looked down at the small loaf in his hand, trying not to give the man the impression that he had been staring at his eyepatch. He was almost done with his bread, and would be going to get some sleep soon.

"Naroh? That sounds kind of like a Kakariko-area name. Not sure though... The only people I've known from around there are the older people who built this village, and there are only a few of them left. Either way, it's definitely not a Keuredet name. Oh hey, do you know my friend Phyela? She's not from around here either, I think... She's been here for a while, though." He paused long enough to finish his bread, and to allow his guest to speak.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:37 am
[ Naroh : Keuredet : Bakery ]

It wasn't really surprising for someone to take an interest in something of his. After all, Naroh did wear peculiar clothing, so a few stares here and there didn't really phase him as it would the practical individual. Having been away from his home for so many years it was lightly welcomed. A better alternative to the usual ambushes by bandits while he slept or the moments he had to run for his life from dangerous creatures. Both were haunting memories due to the many occasions he had been in the wrong place at the wrong time.

“I-Its alright to stare. I-I would be just... as curious. Do you... w-wish to know what happened to my eye? Well... Never bite off more then you can chew.” Yes, Naroh had learned that the hard way and the pain was beyond agonizing. But, it was a learning experience. That was why he refused any potion offered. It wasn't just a horrific disfigurement. It was a scar of experience.

Kakariko? The place did ring a bell in his memory. A faint, but very familiar one of his mother and father. Being reminded of them was painful. Yet the young man could not hold the blame. He was just a naive baker wishing to continue a conversation with a new arrival.

Finishing his piece of bread, the older hylian directed his attention to the teen once more. “I-I would like to rest if it is alright. I've had, a long day... Thank you again for the lodging. I'll see of a way to repay you. Tomorrow.”  

Dark Xaero

pumpkinlanding
Captain

Dedicated Loiterer

7,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Guildmember 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:50 pm
[ Luke : Keuredet : Bakery : Shop Floor >>> Luke's Room ]

"Alright, I'm gonna try to catch some Z's myself," Luke replied, as he grabbed the tray to bring back behind the bakery's counter. "And don't worry about payment. I don't need anything. I just like to help people. No reason, really. It's just what's right. Anyway, I hope you sleep well. We can talk a bit more in the morning, if my parents don't kill me first." He ended his last sentence with a soft laugh, then turned gave the man a bow of his head before turning around and leaving, closing the door with his free hand on the way.

After setting the tray away, Luke came out from behind the counter, stopped to make sure the buckets he had returned were in their proper place, then blew out the two candles on the bakery counter and set them on a shelf before covering them. He then proceeded up the stairs and through the hall, passing his room to first check up on his sister. He opened the door to her bedroom and peeked inside, seeing her faint silhouette, covered in blankets on her bed, with the faint light coming from the tiny lantern she used as a night light. "Aroma?" he called softly. There was no answer; only the sound of her breathing. He smiled, enjoying the peace of mind that had come with her safety. "Bubba loves you, sweetie," he whispered, before backing out of the doorway, shutting the door, and turned to walk back to his own door. He opened it just a crack, sliding through and closing it softly once he had made it into his bedroom. He walked across the small room, dropping his staff, Mole Mitts, and other items onto the floor on the way, and slid the window open, before digging in his dresser-drawer. Once he had found his cigarette box, he took out one of the small sticks and one match, and finally sat down - for what felt like the first time today - on his windowsill. He struck the match on the sill and lit his cigarette, breathing in quickly and exhaling slowly, blowing the smoke out of the open window. "Aaahhh.... So much better," he whispered, as he scratched his scalp and ran his fingers through his long, brown, messy hair.

"Luke, are you smoking in your room again?" his mother's voice called from her room downstairs, making him flinch and freeze in fear.

".....No!" he lied, before taking another drag.

"Yes he is," interjected the voice of his older brother, Deliss, from his room down the hall. "I can smell it from here."

"Put it out!" Pita demanded.

"Deliss, you're such a tool!" Luke fumed.

"Put it out right now or you're grounded, mister!" Pita yelled.

"Okay, okay," Luke said, taking one last puff before flicking the cigarette out the window. "It's out, Mom."

"Thank you, son. Now go to sleep. You have a long day ahead of you tomorrow."

"Yes, Mother," Luke said, before closing the window with a sigh. He left it halfway open, to let the cool Autumn breezes into the room, then flopped down on his bed. Without bothering to change his clothes, he curled up into a ball and pulled his blanket over his body, making sure that it covered his bare feet. He then pulled from his pocket the green, glimmering stone which had come from Crabula's claw - the only one of his possessions, other than his ocarina, which he hadn't dropped onto the floor. Enjoying the smooth feel of it, he turned it over in his hand a few times, before his immense exhaustion took over, and he comfortably passed out. The last thing he could say before sinking into dreamland, was "Sorry, Izzy..."  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:11 am
[ Naroh : Keuredet : Bakery ]

Letting a yawn escape him, while setting some of his equipment on the floor adjacent to a mattress. Naroh settled in for the night, feeling the heavy fatigue tug at his tired body. It had been sometime since he'd even had a bed to rest upon, of course it had also been a while since he had a chance to relax and let a bit more of his guard down too. But only a bit. Hearing nothing but the sound of the rain, he began to drift into slumber. But, the sound of voices rising just beyond the room's door stopped his decent. Listening intently the older hylian could hear the words of a small argument unfold. However, the kindling died before the fire could truly stir, but not until Naroh had figured out a peculiar habit about one of his hosts. Particularly the young hylian. Another thought then occurred to him as he did a quick look over of his things. He hadn't even gotten his name.

Which was funny considering he had given his own name. But right now, Naroh was much to tired to care as the fatigue began to take him. So, getting comfortable once more he relaxed himself. Focusing on the gentle rain that slowly lulled him into a deep sleep. The coming day would likely be busy for him. He hoped not in the life threatening way of course.  

Dark Xaero

Izzy Talliessin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:54 am

(( Ending of emotional scene! Cue emotional title track! ))

Izzy sighed with relief when the girl finally let go of his arm, and smiled as he returned the Snapdragon salute. "I know you will. You're the best Second-In-Command I could ask for. But take care of yourself, as well. And don't get mad at me if I'm gone too long." He finally released the salute, but instead of dropping his arm back to his side, he reached forward and wiped a single tear from each of her eyes. "If you need me, just call my name. I'll pray the Goddesses let me hear it." And with that, he turned away and tread through the damp grass, towards the tunnel that led back to the village. He decided to walk this time, not only to give Felin time to prepare, but also because he felt strange now. The best way to describe it, would be to say that he didn't know how to feel.

He knew how he had felt about meeting the Great Deku Tree, father to not only himself but all Kokiri. He had felt happy, honored, proud... but most of all, awestruck. He knew how he had felt when he had to climb up to the top of the Old Tree. He had felt scared, but excited enough not to let it bother him. He knew how he had felt about meeting Woodbine and his band; he had been happy to have his first Deku Scrub friends. He knew how he had felt about the Chieftain: freaky as a Flare Dancer. He knew how he had felt about the Deku Mine: other than fearing for his and Felin's lives, he had been excited to explore the place, and the battles against all the monsters, including Voltblade's cursed form, helped him grow stronger and smarter. Sure, from now on he was going to have the hugest phobia of dragonflies, electric or not, that anyone could ever imagine, but all in all, the entire day had been an amazing learning experience.

He knew how he felt about meeting Voltblade. It was interesting to meet another Hylian; he had never met any other than his best friend, Luke. Not to mention that the man made him feel empowered, and excited about fulfilling his potential, if he could. He knew how he felt about the mission that he and Felin were about to depart on. He was scared out of his mind. But he was also shaking with anticipation, knowing he would see a world so much bigger than his home. His mind was buzzing with the possibilities of what lay beyond their haven. Not to mention he was happy about the added bonus of getting to see his best friend at least for a little bit at the beginning of their journey. He knew how he felt about all of these things. But the idea of leaving his gang? The idea of leaving Nado? She and Izzy were the first Snapdragons. They had known each other, seen each other every day, for... as long as he could remember. He didn't always LIKE that they saw each other every day, but the fact was that they did. That cycle was interrupted for the first time tonight. What did that mean? How did he feel about it? He couldn't find an answer. And he could always find an answer to anything... but not to this. Maybe he would have to wait and see...

Waking from his train of deep thought, he glanced around and realized that he had already made it through the obstacle courses, mazes, and secret passageways, and was back in the main maze of the Hole of Z, with the perpetually rolling boulder. His body had taken him all the way back here while his mind had struggled away at the one puzzle it could not seem to solve. He shook his head from side to side, as if trying to wake up properly, and waited for the boulder. Once the large brown obstacle rolled along its merry way, he followed it to the end of the maze, still walking slowly. He crawled through the small hole, and rose to his feet on the other side, turning to the left to stare at his house, though he was staring through it, imagining the exit of the forest that was just at the bottom of the hill. Not much longer now. He walked slowly through the Training Grounds, keeping his gaze on the grass beneath his feet, this time walking around the fences instead of jumping over them. He tried to focus more and more of himself on the questions he kept asking himself.

When he walked down the hill and stood near the exit, he thought that maybe he couldn't find an answer because there was no answer at this time. Perhaps he didn't feel anything about it. Perhaps the cycle had to be broken longer. Or perhaps he would have to start a new cycle, one more varied... one without that one constant. What would that be like? He would just have to see through experiment, and collect the results as he went along. Perhaps this was the same cycle, only, now that it was broken, the shards and cracks would form the variations - small changes, growing larger all the while, as random and unpredictable as the weather in these Southern regions of Hyrule.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

End of Chapter One

(( Please do not make any more posts until further notice. ))

[Fossil Dig] :: Extinct Threads

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff