Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[ Mission ORP ] THE LONG ROAD HOME p.37! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:54 am
Jordan's lips compressed briefly into a thin line. He discarded several sharp or sarcastic answers, said instead, "This one, at least, is very clearly dead."

MoonKitsune

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:42 am
As Mimsy continued to consider the physics of a body in motion, she realized that Melvin was shouting at her again. She blinked over at him, and clenched her teeth when the words began to register.

"Professionals?" she choked out, astonished. "What do you think I am? Have you even seen the others who call themselves--"

She was completely lost for words. Thankfully, Jordan had all of the right ones in her place, and she quieted to listen to him. Every now and then, she nodded against Robert's arm, still hugging it tightly.

"You cannot select at random which segments of humanity you wish to retain." Eyes narrowed, nose wrinkled, she looked just as disgusted as he had. "That is absurdly unscientific, and is a fallacy of logic otherwise. We are separate from humanity now, and I cannot possibly begin to understand why so few of you understand that. We may still call ourselves human, but we are Hunters, with our own rules, and own laws, and own sense of morality. We are asked to perform tasks that do not exist within the worst nightmares of most humans."

Svensyl had been unsummoned for a while now, but she still held him in her hand, thumb brushing repeatedly over the engraving of the girl and Jabberwock on the face of the cameo. The motion grew more rapid and irritated when she stopped speaking, and she tried a deep breath instead. Neither helped.

"You are too eager make accusations without any thought. Surely you are not thinking, at least, if you so confidently say these things. You are bonded with a monster, and concern yourself with a lack of humanity? You must see the irony." She raised her eyebrows, waiting him to understand, since she doubted his ability to form conclusions on his own. "I am not arguing that we are not human - we do, however, have to redefine what 'human' is. And your definition falls tragically short of the mark."

MoonKitsune
Prolixity
Nio Love

Nothing Yet
Crew

Obsessive Stargazer

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:06 am
Nothing Yet

Prolixity

Nio Love

“Short of the mark?! You just said we are bonded with monsters and then point out we are still human. We’re human. We should have some empathy with other human beings. Or at least hunter to hunter. Just because we’re bonded with monsters doesn’t mean we’re them. We work with them. We made the monsters tools. We aren’t them, and we shouldn’t act like them. Even if what we do is screwed up here, doesn’t mean we should just be as crazy. This person was someone just like you and me, who walked with us and fought with us. You should have some respect for them and let those who can see them and have a moment to mourn before you start hacking them up.”

He didn’t even understand why he was having such a basic conversation with everyone, and felt frustrated with everyone’s lack of decency. If this had been his loved one, he would hope that by the time he heard the news that he wouldn’t come over to see some stranger peeling their finger like a ripe apple.

“I don’t call you a professional because this isn’t your division. At least not as far as I know. Unless you work investigating hunter deaths and can do a proper autopsy, then I’m sorry. Then again, I think even a professional would know to do this in the workplace and not in the middle of a field with a lot of vegetables around.” It just seemed wrong and mean to the person who had died. Didn’t anyone see that?

“You should have some compassion for the people you work alongside. This guy was murdered, or at least I’m assuming. Don’t you even register that?” Why was his point just falling on deaf ears?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:09 am
Trying to drag Harland to lighthouse.

Come to think of it he was right, the cafeteria wasn't really so bad. Perhaps they really did need a break with peeling things, on a sigh she peeled one potato, that alone was enough to have her nicking her knuckles. Peering up to Harls she watched him slowly come to, wondering if his weapon was speaking to him, or if maybe he was more tired than she had originally thought. On a smile she nodded when he joined her in peeling, this was ....fun.

In what seemed like an instant as she reached for another vegetable to peel a body fell and brought the coppery scent of blood with its headless torso. Blues snapped wide and she was quick to scramble back, peeler up in defense. When others seemed less startled she tried to recover, though still was more phased than some appeared to be. The peeler shook in her hand as she tucked into Harland and peeked at the ones examining it. No way in hell was she going over to do the same, no thank you not today!

She saved the obvious question of does this happen often to Harland and instead went for the next best thing, "you should ...go check that out?" Laughing nervously she turned as others began to inspect it, herself looking up to see where it had maybe fell from. That was unusual, very much so, but what was more is when she heard someone asking to peel the body. What! On a grimace she turned, nose curling in a strong distaste as a few gathered around the body. Rude, just rude.

Just about to step into their conversation she was halted as another hunter raced by, weapon out and mouth flooding over on curses. An urge to follow as others did hit her, though her gaze went to Harland, hesitance present. Should they follow, he would probably know what best to do right?

《☢ Get your a** up and follow them... Bring prince charming, we can use him as a shield..

Aprulz was right she should go try to help, if at all anyone needed help, wasn't that why they were there. "Come on Harls!" Reaching for the man she attempted to drag them off to the lighthouse, which might prove to be difficult if Harland didn't allow it.

Face your demons
Lighthouse owo ? If not he'd better pick her up to stop her xD

Cheekiebirdiee

Mysterious Kitten

Meegane

Shoujo Dreamer

24,465 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:51 pm
[Heading to Lighthouse with Edgar]

She was near the crates, having a great time peeling vegetables, when a body was thrown down from nowhere. It didn't have a head and it was bleeding, dripping blood from the neck.

Blood......blood.....blood

"It's your fault."

In normal case, without the blood, she would ask people to settle the body well so that they can rest in peace. However, it was bleeding and it took her back to the time when her sisters died.

The petite girl felt her blood cooling down, it felt like being locked in a fridge suddenly, she couldn't help but started shivering. She needed some warmth, immediately so she grabbed the closest source she could reach - the Prince.

"It's my fault? It's not my fault. It's not my fault? It's my fault." She mumbled and asked questions to herself like a broken cassette tape. She couldn't do anything but absorbing the warmth from the hunter, his hug was warm same as his voice.

A tiara was given, but the girl didn't say anything but hugging him firmly, maybe a bit too tight sometimes it hurt. As she felt her body was heated, she knew she was calming down, thanks to the prince. When she rested enough, she finally raised up her head and replied.

"Thank you." She offered him the sweetest smile. "for everything." She kissed him at the cheek. "C-can we leave here? Please?" She asked, "I want to meet up with Mimsy and Robert, but I don't see them around, so can we go to the lighthouse that people are heading toward to check?" The girl was still wrapped the hunter with two hands, looked up with a 45 degree.

Nothing Yet
Honestly, idk either, I have 0 experience on this, let's see XD
Also, let's go to the lighthouse <3

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:20 pm
So focused on his next carrot carving was he that he completely missed the arrival of the body, mistaking the loud thunk as another crate being dropped off. "So what are they going to have us peel n--?" He glanced up, words cut off mid-sentence as he saw one person feint and a few others start gasping and poking around.

Obviously nothing that should be peeled if people were going to make that much of a fuss about it...

<A body. Are we sure we aren't dreaming again, dolt?>

"Shut up, Vader." He muttered, eyes redirected again as he saw another hunter who hadn't been there before dashing by like the White Rabbit. Others had taken off after him... Her...? and that seemed like a much better idea than waiting for another body to fall.

"Looks like we might get some action after all, 'Noke. Let's go!" He nudged the Sun hunter to let him know that he was taking off even if the other decided not to join him. "You too, Banana Boy." He called over to the one who had been serenading a girl with bananas only seconds ago.

"Assuming you're new because I don't know you, I'm going to pull a Ceres and say you're coming along one way or another. Name's Arland, nice to meet you, hope you like suffering!" He flashed the other Moon hunter a broad grin that said he might have been joking about the suffering, but was clearly expecting him to follow along too.

[Heading to the Lighthouse]

Endejester*

Grymoire*

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100

endejester

Feral Cat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:30 pm
Skye Starrfyre

Grymoire*

“Holy Headless Corpses…where is a Robin to say that when you need one?!” Jasper demanded open mouthed. It seemed like everyone, including Cami who’m he’d been at least partially trying to entertain had already headed out with a very clear direction in mind. Well there was always this other person, which worked just as well.

piped up the increasingly familiar voice in his head.

She was at least partially mocking him of course but, hey… no one else could hear it.

“That’s Batman to you” He grinned in reply to ‘Banana boy’. “Jasper, Pleased to meet you Arland! I’ll have to see if I can give you a proper hero-title after we find out why they are launching corpses at us!”

Heading to the lighthouse  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:44 pm
[ AT THE TRAINING FIELDS ]

At the training fields, someone else finally ran to intercept them, holding in his arms three laptops, a variety of cell phones, what looked like a tiny satellite dish, and no shortage of various cables leading to various god knows what machines. Only a pilot's cap peered out from the junk pile. He paused in front of the trope still examining the body.

"What-what are you guys doing?" A single cell phone wobbled out of his precarious pile. "You should be- I can't believe you-" he composed himself - "Um, look, just follow me okay."

The guy managed to drop exactly two more cell phones, some strange red and blue criss-crossed wire, and what looked like a strange glowing grenade on the way to the lighthouse, walking relatively fast for a person burdened with technology, quite literally. With a sigh of relief, he dumped all the items on the lighthouse table, and than began to pick a few of them.

He also known as Mark, also known as the assistant of something probably useful, paused when he realized everyone was still there. "Do you mind? I need to work in peace. Um, tell the guys on the other side I'll be there in a sec."

OOC

ALL TRAINING FIELD DENIZENS

You are now at the portal/ within. You can harass Mark if you want some more but he won't have anything useful to say !

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

Nothing Yet
Crew

Obsessive Stargazer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:18 pm
"We enslaved them," Mimsy bitterly corrected, "Because they were too frightening a threat to them in their natural states. We locked them into cages shaped like weapons, and pretended that we were better. Not everything is crazy just because it questions your reality by presenting one that is different than yours."

He might have struck a nerve. Her hand clutched her weapon totem tightly, until her knuckles began to turn white.

"We are a military organization, and we are at war. None of this will ever be ideal, as much as it would truly please me for the opposite to be true. Field work is just as crucial, when an urgency presents itself. We could very well be running to our deaths if we do not determine what happened here with immediacy."

That was not at all what she had intended to do, because she really didn't care what happened to most of them, but it sounded better than the truth, she thought.

"And yes, I probably should have compassion and empathy, but I do not. I sincerely apologize for my shortcomings as a human being, due to circumstances from birth that I cannot change. Would it please you for me to simply make myself shorter as well, to visibly account for what I lack?" It was fairly evident that she was being sarcastic, but she rolled her eyes anyway.

She still had plenty of strong words for him, but Mark (thankfully) walked past them and directed them towards the lighthouse. After one last look of repulsion towards Melvin, she tugged on Robert's arm and followed after the Death assistant, stopping only to pick up one cell phone and some sort of glowing grenade.

When they reached the portal, she looked up at Robert and sighed.

"Do you want to do this?"

MoonKitsune
Nio Love
Prolixity

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:24 pm
[ AT THE SAHARA ]

They moment they arrived, it was was a mistake. The Sahara was always a mistake, it was as unforgiving to veteran Hunters as the name, and for those new, there was always the lull of deceit and naivety. Some continued to remain naive, a perpetual cycle of self punishment until they simply stopped.

A blast of air and sand immediately assaulted everyone, and with it a pungent smell, enough to make anyone gag on reflex, enough to make them inhale sand and get tossed around by the winds, like drowning in a sandstorm.

The winds stilled for a moment and then whipped into motion again, in brief, short intervals, cycles, bursts. The sand was everywhere.

Beneath them, more sand, oddly compliant. It began to sift around their calves, legs, and then move downwards, down a steadily declining slope. At first it seemed like the gradual concave of a pliable surface, until the sand continued to curve and then make odd spiral formations, as if funneled into something below--

- And then from the base, from the slope downwards emerged rows long sharp ivory teeth. Each one protruded like an odd monument from the sand, ending in sharp serrated incisors, still covered in glistening blood. They were at even distances from each other at the furthest, as they began to pack tighter and tighter in ringlets down the center-

- A single incisor alone was larger than two Hunters and sharp.

There were other Hunters now, around them, not just the ones that had arrived. Some were stuck, some were impaled, others shouting as the vortex of creature consumed in a slow spiral of finality. Shots rang out, and then the telltale glow of weapons, but it was impossible to tell what exactly was happening in the sandstorm. There was simply too much going on, as the sand pushed and whipped Hunters alike like toys, as the wind assaulted all senses, as they steadily were pushed into the mouth-

- A circular central mouth of serrated teeth.

ESCAPING THE ????

ESCAPING THE ??

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

- Your goal is to gain DISTANCE AWAY from being swallowed within. If you get swallowed then ???? happens (hang on to next post tomorrow). You will not be able to continue RPing until tag tomorrow because YOU GOT EATEN
- Roll 2d12 to see how far you slid down. If you hit 30 meters you are EATEN. Your goal is to get as far as possible. You are allowed to roll a max of 5 times, as long as you don't fall INTO the pit you are safe!
- To try and gain footing, you need to grab onto anything nearby! Roll 1d4 and match your dice to the result below! Add the result to your existing 2d12 distance roll. Once again if you hit 30 you are EATEN.
- If you are at 0 you can still help by continuing to roll, you still gain the distances from the roll though!

Rolling a 1: You managed to snag onto another Hunter, but they have been deceased for a while. They do nothing to keep you afloat +5 distance!
Rolling a 2: You managed to snag onto a pole of some sorts. You use it as leverage! -10 distance away!
Rolling a 3: Ouch! An obstacle hits you! You get pushed deeper +10 distance. You also take -5 damage (keep track of your HP, if you hit 0 you get EATEN)
Rolling a 4: You see another Hunter (the person rping DIRECTLY above you)! If you are HIGHER than the distance of that Hunter you may REACH OUT to them. That will let you pull that Hunter to your distance. So if you were at 15 and they were at 25, if you QUOTE that Hunter's rper and rp out helping them, they are now at 15. If you are further than them nothing happens.

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

Nothing Yet
Crew

Obsessive Stargazer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:36 pm
[Fields -> Lighthouse]

For the first time since his arrival on the island, Edgar broke character without a second thought. He didn't know why she'd reacted this way, or what was happening in the slightest, but something was upsetting the princess. A lot.

"No," he whispered, his accent forgotten. "This isn't your fault."

He hugged her back, though he didn't quite match how tightly she hugged him, and gently rocked her back and forth. Over the top of her head, he could see the headless corpse - it was disgusting and disturbing, but it had a much stronger effect on her. Had she never seen a body before? Maybe she needed more help than he could offer, then.

What he wanted to do was take her back to the dorms and tuck her into bed, so she could rest and calm down a bit. She wanted to go to the lighthouse, however, and he didn't want to dissuade her from what she wanted at the moment. The level of concern he felt over her was just too strong.

"Come along then, princess. We shall find thy court with haste," he assured her, patting her shoulder as he led her towards the lighthouse.

Meegane

kuropeco rolled 2 12-sided dice: 8, 1 Total: 9 (2-24)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:42 pm
distance: 9

It was the stuff of nightmares.

Or, to be more accurate, it was the very stuff of Gale's very own nightmares, a terrible refrain from a song already heard, a song already played repeatedly, several times over and over again, until it was drilled into his head, until he could see nothing else but scorching sand and feel the burning heat against his face and taste the acrid metallic tang of blood on his tongue.

It was exactly like when he'd left it, except worse.

He'd been holding tightly onto Stormy's hand as they'd run through the portal together, but now the connection had been severed, and he'd lost track of where she was, Gale sliding down several feet into the sand.

"Stormy!" he yelled, and his voice was slightly hoarse, a terrible panic welling in his stomach. "STORMY!"

ol-j-man

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

medigel rolled 6 12-sided dice: 6, 10, 12, 10, 9, 6 Total: 53 (6-72)

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:46 pm
nora distance: 16

Nora had never been to the Sahara, or really never did much traveling period. The desert would have been an exotic locale that, in spite of its many dangers according to other hunters, might have been still a little interesting to investigate. It was a little hard to do that, however, what with the pungent smell and the--

--were those teeth?

"Bloody--!" And so the ex-constable took a tip into the vortex, her partner barking a late alert about watching her feet.

--------

stormy distance: 22

It was always a bad idea to go to the Sahara. But there was some strange comfort in knowing that maybe by being there, she could help avenge the unidentified Mist hunter's sudden death. It was always easier to focus on a task for someone else, even if she didn't know them, than it was to think about herself. So for a brief, brief moment she did not crack when she and Gale hit the sand; for a moment, she appeared as solid as her grip on his hand, even if on the inside she was still mostly hollow. The fallen hunter's coat, bloodied and tied to her waist, whipped in the wind.

She briefly let Gale's hand go just to wrap her scarf about her head and mouth to keep the stench and sand out, shivering despite the heat. Then the ground beneath them began to sift. Stormy had a split second to figure out what was causing it before she caught sight of the teeth.

Horrible, horrible memories of bones and skewering and death and Insanity hit her. A loud strangled shriek left her as she flailed to get Gale's hand again, the other summoning her weapon--but her legs were taken out from under her, and with frightful speed she began plummeting towards the terrible maw. She could hear him shouting, but her attempts to answer were met with blasts of foul air and sand to gag her.

--------

jack distance: 15

The last time he had been to the desert, Jack had been tranquilized by psychotic women who were particularly picky about abs. He could say that somehow, even that debacle was more pleasant than the one faced by them now.

He grasped at the sand as the mouth formed beneath them, eyes narrowing at the teeth. Well, so much for that offer to try and defend others; looks like everyone had to prove they were willing to live through an episode of Tremors on steroids before trying anything. It was hard to see and breathe, and he kept coughing out as much sand as he did air. The stench was absolutely fetid, and he thought he saw bits of body parts floating around in the mix as the culprits.

Ah. This could be problematic.

"Everyone still alive?" he tried to call out.

xxkuroopu

xxchirigami

xxSeussi

xxNyxtsuki Moon

Yayoi
just letting ya know where she is

Inle-roo
same to you~

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:51 pm
[Training Fields-> Mark Harassing]

Stuff happened and Lydia lost interest in what was going on. Some guy was arguing and making likely important statements about humanity and monsters and working together, but Lydia gladly tuned it all out, a bit bummed, easily fading into the background as those around her bickered about the body. When it became clear that the man who grabbed Mimsy was talking about her, she blinked at him, smiled and said. "I was only trying to help!" In the most cheerful way possible, before she finally just turned away, and walked around, seemingly aimlessly as she bent down from time to time, picking up a carrot or potato or whatever might be lying on the ground before letting it fall back down again.

Well. This had gotten boring fast.

That was, until somebody new showed up. Lydia watched with wide eyes as a walking mountain of technology hurried towards them, yammered at them, and then began to wander off hurriedly. Oh, OH! Was there something actually important going on?

The headless man obviously hadn't been enough of a hint.

Things were falling out of his box, and as she trailed behind him, she began picking the items up, though it seemed the woman from earlier was doing the same. She cast Mimsy a large smile when she saw this, nodding in approval, before straightening up....

....And finding herself standing directly in the personal space of the man who was telling them all what to do. Wonderful!

"HI! I'm Lydia, and might I just say that you are one very handsome looking Half-Sasquatch man!.....other side of what?" She asked, blinking at him curiously, before glancing over towards Mimsy and her obviously one third giant male companion.

"What are we doing?" She whispered in her direction, quite loudly.

Nothing Yet
Zoobey

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

Seussi rolled 2 12-sided dice: 7, 12 Total: 19 (2-24)

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:00 pm
distance:19

Forget everything Finn said about fodder, because at this point, he was fairly certain he couldn't see anybody through the sand that whipped around him, stinging his eyes, his skin. He barely felt like he could breathe, because he was sure that if he inhaled, it would be to fill his lungs with the granules that struck against his skin, stinging pinpricks that reminded him that this was hell, and he had just willingly walked through the gates with a god damn smile on his face. <******** this place.

Beneath him, the sand was shifting, and he could do nothing to stop himself as he slid along with it, down, down that everlasting slope. The wind would die down enough just to let him see what he was heading towards, a sneak preview of his imminent demise in the form of razor sharp teeth that jutted out of the sea of sand. There might have been something to grab on to, somebody to anchor himself with, but anytime he tried to see, tried to reach, the blasted sand would blow up around him again, blinding, disabling. And if not the sand, then that god awful smell that made him want to wretch and gag was debilitating enough.

Finally he somehow managed to halt his descent, but those teeth were much too close for his comfort. A shout from a familiar voice, further up the pit of doom then Finn had descended, reached his ears.

All the moon intermediate could do was laugh in response.

Ol-j-man
eff u jack

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games