Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[ Mission ORP ] THE LONG ROAD HOME p.37! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nothing Yet
Crew

Obsessive Stargazer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:05 am
[Training Fields]

Neither of them had gloves or any other materials that they should have, but Mimsy was still pleased to see her push up her sleeves. It showed a certain level of preparedness that she easily approved of.

"Ah! A fair point. I am afraid I allowed my personal bias to cloud my judgment." Svensyl interrupted with a long, loud whine, so she resolved to allow him the remaining length of the finger, at least. She turned her gaze back towards the bleeding hand, and picked it up to continue her work; he would be really proud of her scientific process this time, she thought.

"I am Mimsy Morris, by the way, and it is a pleasure to meet you. I will transition to a smaller blade per your suggestion shortly! My intention is for preservation, however - this corpse has already drawn too much attention, so consuming any portion of it would result in an unfortunate transfer of that attention to us. If you are interested, I can suggest other methods of consum--"

Someone pulled her away and shouted, and the incision went crooked.

The shock felt like someone had picked her up and dropped her into the ocean without warning. Goosebumps prickled her skin, and she could scarcely hear her new friend's defensive words, all muffled through the faint ringing noise in her ears. The corners of her vision blurred, and she sluggishly turned to look up at Melvin, wide blue-green eyes somewhere between hurt and furious.

'Idiot'. She hadn't been as careful as she should have been, and there were a few things that weren't right in the first place, like a vorpal sword instead of a scalpel, but she hadn't ruined it that badly, had she?

"You are jealous," she spat, hands clenched into fists, "That he likes me more."

Seussi
MoonKitsune

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:55 am
The sudden arrival of a body ended goofing off time, and Jordan slowed to a halt, immediately flipping back into his more usual serious mode. He jogged over to listen to the people examining the body, observing without getting too close, since it was already a little crowded.

[Sahara. The overheard word gave him chills, and he instinctively twisted to look for Rep, just to find where the other man was, located him and noted that he was scowling. That wasn't particularly out of the ordinary, though, and a body had just arrived out of nowhere; it might not be significant. He nodded to Rep, then turned back to the scene.

A Moon hunter ran by at full speed, weapon summoned, headed for the lighthouse; a not insignificant portion of the group broke off to follow the running hunter. Jordan turned in the general direction of the lighthouse, but hesitated, thinking again of sand, and of what could lie underneath sand.

A small commotion caught his attention, and he looked over in time to see Melvin yanking Mimsy away from the body. He took in the knife, the finger, the general location of the body, the look of disgust on Melvin's face, and the corresponding indignantly murderous look on Mimsy's face, and blinked. Had she been trying to peel the body? Now that he was paying attention, his short-term memory informed him that he had, in fact, heard some comments to that effect.

Think fast. "Melvin," he said. "That might have been a little rough. Mimsy, I think it may be important that the body remain intact - or as intact as it was when it arrived. If it's peeled now -- " he put a very light stress on the word now, " -- further forensic investigation may be hampered or entirely invalidated. Would you leave it as is for the time being?"

Baneful

MoonKitsune

Nothing Yet

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:03 am
Robert hadn't been so quick to sober up, but when Jordan stopped running away from him, he slowed down. This still had him zooming right past Jordan, because he was the juggernaut, b***h and ending up about three feet past the body, Mimsy, and Melvin. That was where he'd finally turned around, stopped, and saw Melvin manhandle Mimsy.

Robert's first instinct was the punch Melvin in the face. This was no surprise; what surprised him was that the instinct to do so was suppressed by a stronger, greater one. That of pity. He pitied Melvin. A hiss left his teeth, and he jogged back over, putting his hands in his pockets as he looked down at the mess of a headless hunter.

Then he looked up in the sky, because that was where headless hunters came from.

Jordan started sweet talking them both, and he looked back down at the man, letting out an exaggerated sigh of relief. That was why Jordan was the boss.

Melvin had been a little rough with Mimsy, though. The urge to punch was still there, buried under vast amounts of pity - because punching would have been the humane punishment.

moonkitsune
Nothing Yet
prolixity

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:45 am
[Training Fields]

The ringing grew louder, accumulating into a steady hum, and the blur became clouded vision of a more literal sort. Mimsy's fingers twitched against the hilt of her weapon. She wanted a clean, perfect incision. She wanted to do it right this time. She had to, so she could fix what she had done before. Fix it. She had to compensate for her unforgivable mistake. She didn't want to be a disappointment. She could see that Melvin had clean hands. Her eyes were fixated on them, though they appeared to look right through him.

Just one clean, perfect cut. Just one. She drew in a deep, shuddering breath...then held it, as she heard Jordan's voice.

He reasoned with her, implying that this might not be the best time for such an act. The urgency that she'd felt before was gone now, replaced by irritation and shame, curled inward on herself. This was her body. She claimed it first, and she got to pick what to do with it, and she wanted to do this. So she was sure that he was not right, but he was Jordan, and his suggestions held a greater importance than her own ideas.

"Yes, of course." She bowed her head and lowered her gaze, tone one of a scolded child. "You have presented an inarguably fair point. I will leave it be."

Before she left it alone, however, she snipped off a bit of flesh from the tip of the corpse's finger with one quick swipe of the blade. A sigh was the only goodbye that she offered to the corpse. With that, she stood and deposited the specimen into one of the vials in her pocket, and screwed the top back on with some difficulty. Red hands significantly disabled one's ability to grip anything, after all.

Though downtrodden and disappointed, she smiled at Jordan as genuinely as she was capable of; she was truly pleased to accept his advice, and didn't want to give the wrong impression. She moved to wrap both arms around one of Robert's, and leaned against him for support.

"Hello, husband," she murmured, while rubbing away the dried blood between her fingertips. "We should find Shu."

Prolixity
MoonKitsune
Nio Love
Seussi
sry new pal ):

Nothing Yet
Crew

Obsessive Stargazer

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:04 am
The sudden appearance of a headless body had shocked Noah silent. He stared at it while the others investigated, and tried not to feel sick. He was more successful than he'd expected, and that worried him a little in and of itself. Shouldn't he be feeling sick at the sight of a gruesomely dead human being?

It occurred to him that this was something he was going to see again. The thought made his brain go silent in a way he didn't like. He was going to have to think about that.

A Moon hunter ran by, weapon summoned, heading for the lighthouse; shortly afterward, Peyton followed the Moon, and that spurred Noah into action; he headed for the lighthouse, grateful to have someone to follow.

Beejoux

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:07 am
Jordan nodded, relieved, and tried not to let the relief show on his face. The situation had been an explosive and dangerous one, but it seemed to be at least temporarily defused. "Anyway," he said, "you will have much better tools for an examination at your disposal if it's done in the labs rather than on the training fields." He didn't think she wanted to do an autopsy, as such, but it might be better if the people around her could entertain that thought.

Nothing Yet

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

Nothing Yet
Crew

Obsessive Stargazer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:20 am
The wench had the nerve to not only laugh at him, but to walk away. Edgar was truly furious, and had all intentions of actually following through with his threats, when the girl began to plead with him.

And how could he say no?

"We shall spare her life," he assured her, folding his arms. He had a whole speech forming in his mind, about how good it was of him to spare her and all, but someone fell from the sky. Someone actually fell out of the sky.

He stared with wide eyes and didn't move, until he felt someone cling to him without warning; but when he saw who it was, he didn't mind in the slightest.

"Fair maiden, nary ye worry!" He very bravely hugged her close to him, one hand gently holding her head against his shoulder to prevent her from witnessing such a terrible sight. "Lest thy eyes want to wander, we pray thee, keep them on your prince!"

Oh, wait. He hadn't crowned her yet.

This was going to be tricky. With one arm still wrapped around her to keep her close, he began to fish inside his cloak, clearly searching for something. It took a while, but his hand finally returned with the item of importance - a tiara, adorned with amethysts to match his. It was a costume piece, of course, but he pretended otherwise.

"Yay, your prince, as thou art now crowned princess!" Then he crowned her, just as he said, by carefully tucking the tiara in her hair. It was a perfect fit (but it would have fit most people, really). "Be strong, princess. We shalt share our bravery with thee!"

Meegane
idek anymore

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:28 am
Maybe that waiting punch could go to Edgar, later on. Somebody had to take it, for the greater good.

Mimsy's bloody hands wrapped around his jacket felt warm and strange, and flooded him with relief that he'd worn the jacket in the first place. He wrapped an arm around her waist, and pulled her close. "Anything you say, dear." He offered Jordan a mouthed out, silent thank you.

"So, I know I ran off for a minute," He murmured thoughtfully, allowing Mimsy to lead him wherever she needed. "But, how the hell did I suddenly miss a headless guy coming out of nowhere? Did Cael do that? Cael did that, didn't he."

When in doubt, always blame Cael.

Nothing yet
Prolixity

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

Nothing Yet
Crew

Obsessive Stargazer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:06 am
[Training Fields]

The further points that Jordan made were as fair as the first, though Mimsy did agree with these a bit more. Her desire to inspect the body in any capacity after it had already been pored over and assessed would probably be nonexistent, but the accessibility was nonetheless accurate.

"Yes, very true," she agreed, smiling at him again. It was a bit distorted, due to the fact that one cheek was smushed against Robert's arm, but the sentiment was still there. "This is not quite field work. What should we be doing, I wonder?"

Considering the circumstances of beheaded Hunters falling from the sky, she really did want to find Shu. She took one step forward, then paused as she considered Robert's question. It distracted her well enough to set her search and recovery mission aside, and she wrapped her arms more tightly around his arm as she thought.

"Yes, you did. I missed you. Thank you for avenging me, however." Credit where it was due. "This body could not have come from nowhere, but I suspect that it was propelled into the air with an arc like so."

She pantomimed a fairly steep incline, which ended in an almost vertical drop.

"The culprit could not have been far away, but it must have been inhuman, machine, or something that could exert a similarly tremendous force. Not Caelius, to my knowledge, though he certainly may have beheaded them. He does have a penchant for that."

She was still very bitter over the kill steal, and it was evident in her tone as she spoke about him.

Nio Love
Prolixity

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:34 am
Jason was jolted awake once more by the sound of breaking crates, as well as the sound of all his hard labor gone to waste (seriously, you had to be like, evil to waste good food like that)

He then saw the headless, bleeding body, screamed like a girl, then passed out.

Useful, Jason was not.  

poke mattix

Rainbow Lover

25,750 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:34 am
Nothing Yet

Prolixity

Nio Love

Seussi

Melvin had no idea what was going on between Jordan and Mimsy, and he saw Robert run over with all intentions of punching him. He got he would probably punch him for just touching Mimsy, which he thought was a BIT much, but he also felt rather ashamed of Robert for not talking to his girlfriend about a very serious matter. One he was going to point out right now because NO ONE was doing it.

“Yeah, you can leave professionals to investigate the body. You can’t go hacking up people in the middle of a field. Not to mention you should have some respect for the dead and not go right into trying to peel them like a carrot. Geezus. They just died and are still warm and you want to go skinning them like they are some rabbit.”

He was visibly upset at the display, with not only Mimsy but another hunter gathering around all too eagerly, like a bunch of vultures, to start messing with some people who had been murdered. Did no one care about their fellow officer enough to actually see they were a person just like them? If assumptions were true, they were murdered by someone working alongside with them. “If it had been someone you knew, I doubt you guys would be gathering around like a bunch of hyenas.”

To Jordan, he gave NO thanks. The guy had been working with Mimsy in that typically overly-kind manner when he should have been smacking the girl across her head for doing such a stupid thing. Dead hunters deserved an investigation by people who knew what the hell they were doing, then to have their loved ones to come in to pay their final respects. Then they should have a burial among all the others who had fought hard and could be mourned after.

“You should know better.” He glanced at Robert, regardless of him wanting to punch him.

As Mimsy and Robert left, Melvin spun to look at Jordan. “You shouldn't have entertained her like that. She should know people are people and not just jump in without any sort of hesitation to peel a person. That isn't mentally right!” He said, pointing to the side of his skull.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:38 am
Jordan angled an eyebrow at Melvin. "Whether or not it's right, you're not going to get a good reaction by yanking someone around and yelling at them," he said. "Mimsy is usually willing to listen to logic."

MoonKitsune

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:40 am
Prolixity

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't know the girl who was about to carve up a still-bleeding person was going to listen to LOGIC." He pointed out with a overly sarcastic tone, gesturing to the hunter who, at this moment, was still leaking blood from his neck.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:42 am
"You know now," Jordan said calmly.

MoonKitsune

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:50 am
Prolixity

Seussi

"Well that's great, Jordan. I know now that if Little Miss Dissection is ever alone with a body, I just have to hope SOMEBODY with some human decency is around to stop her instead of helping her out." He shot a look to the girl who had rolled up her sleeve as if she was ready to gut a deer.

"Let's just hope they are dead if they are. She wasted no time running over to start. Let's hope Rep or Harrison isn't around her if they should ever want to take a nap out in the open."

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games