Welcome to Gaia! ::

~The Haven For Harry Potter Fanatics~

Back to Guilds

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Dumbledore's Army, Marauders, Magic 

Reply Main Forum: Haven for Harry Potter Fanatics
The Great Hall (A meeting place for those of all Houses) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 167 168 169 170 171 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Minerva the Bookwyrm
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:20 am
Just so you all know, I'll be gone for a few days. Tomorrow I’m taking a plan to visit my dying Pop-Pop. He has stage 4 cancer. If you know anything about cancer you know that stage 4 can’t be cured by anything, including chemo and radiation, because it’s in the bone marrow as well as multiple organs. I don’t fly back until late on Monday. They have a computer, but I’ll be visiting while I’m there; not going online, so if you need me I won’t be around until next week.

Don’t worry about me. I’m sad, and I’ve already cried some, but I can handle it. I’m more concerned with how my family is going to take this. Memaw has been his wife for 46 years, Uncle Dave doesn’t have a wife and kids to console him during the loss like Dad does, and my little sisters have never lost anyone they loved besides pets. Granted, I’ve never lost anyone either, but I still think I’ll be all right after being sad for a while. As a child I teased my grandparents by calling them “old,” so I suppose I’ve always recognised that people are meant to outlive their grandparents.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:53 pm
Does anyone like how the producers are turning the final book into two movies? I dont for sure.....  

ZackyBakerVengeance

Liberal Entrepreneur

6,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100

Viridis Aureus

Shy Poster

26,650 Points
  • Super Converter 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:27 pm
I don't like it at all, but if they are going to make it into 2 movies, it had better be a great movie scream . I name off the errors in all of the movies, and I don't want to have a field day with this one XD.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:45 pm
I have the same problem but producers have to fit as much stuff in as possible and they have to change things sometimes...  

ZackyBakerVengeance

Liberal Entrepreneur

6,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100

turayza

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:07 pm
Minerva, RL definitely takes priority. I'm very sorry. ): Take advantage of the time you have with family.

I'm looking forward to the movie(s). That it is split into two just means extra screen time to watch! Hahah. I can't wait to see Tom Felton again wink  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:16 pm
Thanks, turayza. whee

My Christmas was lovely, and I hope that everyone else's was too! ^_^

Minerva the Bookwyrm
Crew

Minerva the Bookwyrm
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:24 am
I'll be in London seeing a different a play every day from the 6th to the 18th of Jan. biggrin On the 5th I'll be getting ready to leave, and on the 19th my school semester starts.

Meaning from the 5th to the 19th of Jan I'll be absent unless I use the computers at the hotel, and I'll probably be too busy shopping, play-going, and museum-going to do that. I'm excited; I love the theatre! biggrin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:04 pm
That sounds so awesome! My family doesnt do things like that....  

ZackyBakerVengeance

Liberal Entrepreneur

6,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100

uncommonbby

Beloved Bookworm

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:08 pm
Hello! I hope your holidays were well!
I'm just chilling in my couch, on wireless(again! ^_^). I'm sooo glad we got wireless. Now I don't have to worry about an achey back anymore!
I hope you got lots of good gifts! I had gotten a flip video camera, and got some pretty hilarious videos of my cat. She was freaking out over a bag of treats, and tried to stick her head in the bag! It was hilarious! I"m thinking about posting it on YouTube. Not sure if I will.
Minerva, that sounds so fun! London sounds like a good place to go! I hope you have lotsa funn overseas!

God bless you all through the New Year!
Dearest,
Mizu

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:12 pm
Did someone say Tom Felton!?! Sorry XD. I had a great holiday/birthday. I got a lava lamp and the new Harry Potter DVD and Game for my birthday, and some other stuff I can't remember for christmas XD.  

Viridis Aureus

Shy Poster

26,650 Points
  • Super Converter 100
  • Elocutionist 200

weasleyobsession7

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:11 pm
I like it. It means the movies will be better and closer to the books. I think it is a good idea. But that is just me  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:14 am
It doesn't neccessarily mean that. It could be one big, horrible movie XD.  

Viridis Aureus

Shy Poster

26,650 Points
  • Super Converter 100
  • Elocutionist 200

weasleyobsession7

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:27 pm
Thats true. But If they don't have the Molly Weasley quote from when she is dueling Bellatrix Lestrange, I am going to be very disappointed!!  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:10 pm
Happy New Year! What are everyone's resolutions? Mine is to not wait 5 weeks to do my laundry! lol sweatdrop  

Minerva the Bookwyrm
Crew

slytherin69

3,700 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:07 pm
OH MY GOODNESS!
I'm back, but for a short time. I dont know if I ever posted that I had my son. He was born on 26Aug09 and weighed 8lbs 6 1/4ozs and was 22ins long. He was and still is a really big baby lol. He was 8days late. Thought he was gonna be early but then he decided to wait forever to grace us with his presence.
And more news to that. My grandfather past away 3wks after my son was born. But at least Gideon got to meet his Great-Grandfather, even if he will never remember him. My husband is home from deployment and was able to be there for the birth of our son. We are also proud to announce that we have another on the way. And this one has the same due date as his/her brother. This one wasnt planned tho, so wish us luck as we will need it.
I am happy to be back, but sad to say that I will only be able to poke in every once in a while.
Love ya all,
~Slytherin69

Main Forum: Haven for Harry Potter Fanatics

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 167 168 169 170 171 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas