Welcome to Gaia! ::

~The Haven For Harry Potter Fanatics~

Back to Guilds

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Dumbledore's Army, Marauders, Magic 

Reply Main Forum: Haven for Harry Potter Fanatics
The Great Hall (A meeting place for those of all Houses) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 166 167 168 169 170 171 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ushio-dono

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:56 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Trembling from nerves, I sat on the stool while the hat was placed on my head. It slipped over my eyes, and then I heard a voice.
"Hmmm.... You have a variety of different qualities. You care about your performance in school, but you believe there is more to school than just grades... You're also not afraid to defend what you believe... Ah, so you don't want to be placed in Slytherin, eh? Well then, better be HUFFLEPUFF!"
I heard the hat shout the last word, and then I took off the hat and half-ran to the table that was cheering for me, its newest member.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:06 pm
I'm liking the Sorting Memoirs! biggrin Even though I'm an HoH, I might still do one for fun! whee

I know that my outfit is blue and gold instead of blue and bronze, but it's still my attempt at dressing my avi like Luna. See her book, rabbit Patronus, and Hogwarts castle? 4laugh

I hope that everyone had a nice weekend. I did because the weather was great yesterday! biggrin

On Wednesday, I'm testifying in court as a witness to help my friends get restraining orders against their father. evil (They're sisters, so they obviously have the same father.)

Minerva the Bookwyrm
Crew

Grey Gardens

1,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:14 am
Your new avi is great Minerva! I thought of Luna before I even seen your post!

Good luck in court... I'm sure it must be scary for you, and also for your friends. That doesn't sound like they're in a very good situation, obviously. Hopefully things turn out for the better in their situation.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:34 pm
hello there folks.
how are you all doing?  

jessiekins

Crew

Wealthy Vampire

6,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Minerva the Bookwyrm
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:08 pm
Grey Gardens
Your new avi is great Minerva! I thought of Luna before I even seen your post!

Good luck in court... I'm sure it must be scary for you, and also for your friends. That doesn't sound like they're in a very good situation, obviously. Hopefully things turn out for the better in their situation.

Thanks! biggrin

I didn't get to testify. The judge was a complete arse and wouldn't even hear my friends out, let alone any witnesses. rolleyes My friends are going for an appeal with a different judge, but they haven't scheduled it yet.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:00 am
Minerva the Bookwyrm

Thanks! biggrin

I didn't get to testify. The judge was a complete arse and wouldn't even hear my friends out, let alone any witnesses. rolleyes My friends are going for an appeal with a different judge, but they haven't scheduled it yet.

Sorry to hear that. sad

Some judges see the same case everyday and don't seem to think that this kind of situation ruins peoples lives, they only care about their paycheck at the end of the week. It's terrible.
And people like to say that justice works... Yeah right.

Good luck with the differnet judge and hopefully you'll be able to help them more than you already have. I'm sure they really appreciate what you've done for them. smile  

Grey Gardens

1,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Minerva the Bookwyrm
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:01 pm
It's sad, but true, Grey. sad

I hope that several of you enter the SNAPE FAN FIC CONTEST! pirate

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:35 pm
No fair! I haven't even been sorted yet to take part in the memoirs. >.<
I'll put blanks, then razz

Oh, my sorting? That's easy, I remember it like it was yesterday. Well, actually it was yesterday... It was a rather dreary day but that's to be expected on September first. I remember my complete awe at everything Hogwarts related, the carriages led by the invisible whatever-it-was, and the sheer size of the school was amazing. Not to mention the immense Great Hall. I was so nervous, seeing at all the great houses and each of their members at their tables. I saw the crimson and gold of the proud Gryffindors, thinking it wouldn't be so bad; the emerald and silver of Slytherin and thinking I'd much rather be hit a bat-bogey hex; the yellow and black of Hufflepuff, admiring the colors but maybe not quite for me; and the admiringly lovely blue and bronze of Ravenclaw and how at home it seemed for me. We, the first years, all waited anxiously. Shifting from leg to leg, bustling about and murmuring amongst ourselves, trying to create ties to exist for the rest of our lives. One by one we were called up, one by one we were sorted. I waited but it didn't take long until I finally heard my name "AMELIA DEVEREUX." I stumbled my way up to the stool. The walk up seemed like an eternity, but it must've only been a minute or so. I sat down and felt Professor McGonagall set the hat on top of my head. Suddenly, it spoke to me. "Ahh, what a clever little girl you are. Indeed, indeed. But brave as well, it seems. A lion heart indeed but such wit you have, m'dear. Where to sort you... where to sort you, indeed... I've got it. You'd be best sorted into HUFFLEPUFF!"

and that's the tale of my sorting. Sorry I got carried away razz

[edit] i've been sorted!

sub est pli nova supreni

jessiekins

Crew

Wealthy Vampire

6,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:14 pm
User ImageUser Image
Wants Avi art of these two together.

hello folks.
how have you all been?
i'm doing good. just working so much lately
that i haven't been able to get online much.
what's new here in the haven?

Draco and Enola Malfoy!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:47 am
Check out the 2009 Trick and Name your Treat event! pirate  

Minerva the Bookwyrm
Crew

gina787

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:16 am
Hi everyone! I've been gone for a very very long time and just wanted to stop by and say hello. Hope everyone is great!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:38 pm
Anyone have fun plans for Hallowe’en? I'm going to a Halloween parade with some friends. I've never been to it before, so hopefully it'll be fun! smile I'm being a blue and black faery this year. What are all of your costume?  

Minerva the Bookwyrm
Crew

Pineapple-Robinson

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:58 pm
Minerva the Bookwyrm
Anyone have fun plans for Hallowe’en? I'm going to a Halloween parade with some friends. I've never been to it before, so hopefully it'll be fun! smile I'm being a blue and black faery this year. What are all of your costume?

I was Luna for Halloween. I basically just dressed up and handed out candy from behind the door so I didn't get to have much fun.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:15 pm
User ImageSilver bells... silver bells...

Hey guys! Look who returns from... well wherever the heck I was! It's me!

Hee hee I'm sorry I've been inactive, I have been on Gaia but I've been moding around the guilds and shops so I've been busy.

So, guess what I found out today! I am so super excited, I am hoping that some of you will recognize the name but if not, never fear, I also can give you two of his movies prior to the ones that have me so pumped.

Jamie Campbell Bower is going to play Gellert Grindelwald in the last two Harry Potter movies!!!

Now then, if you don't know who that is, it's cool, neither did I, until I looked him up today. Before that I only knew him as one of his parts. I'm hoping that between the two that I know of, enough people will recognize him to be excited, because I am getting a severe lack of response here and it's ticking me off.

His most recent movie that is actually in theaters now is one that will have you all either being all like 'oh wow that was him cool' or 'ugh don't even mention that movie the books suck.'

He was the blond Volturi member in New Moon. Actually, that appearance is what prompted me to look him up, because he looked wicked cool and his two lines were probably the best ones in the whole movie. God, it was boring.

He was also in one of the main parts in my absolute favorite movie, Sweeney Todd. Remember the creepy guy with a crush on Sweeney's daughter, Anthony? That's him.

I'm so happy. I love that guy!

Anyways. How is everyone? *is bouncing*

...it's Christmas time... in the city...
User Image  

ScottieBears MiaKitty

6,250 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Hive Mind 200

ZackyBakerVengeance

Liberal Entrepreneur

6,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:42 pm
I'm so sorry about your ankle. I had a wonderful thanksgiving (silly american).  
Main Forum: Haven for Harry Potter Fanatics

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 166 167 168 169 170 171 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff