Welcome to Gaia! ::

Black Company: The 10 Year Old Guild - CLOSED

Back to Guilds

Thanks for all the memories, everyone. 

Tags: Role Playing, Mercenary, Technomancy, Magic, We are the champions, deal with it 

Reply Black Company
Guild story, ideas, suggestions, comments, questions, etc. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nana_Wing
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:35 pm
Check out the OOC, we can work on something from there. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:53 am
Nana_Wing
Check out the OOC, we can work on something from there. 3nodding

i think i found my way now. i was wondering if we had a map of the areas or not. i thought i had heard of some people talking about it but i have yet to find it. anyways i just wanted to see it if we did have one. im starting to get the hang of this but the locations of everything are still a little hazy to me.  

knux15

Nana_Wing
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:59 am
There is a list of locations and where they are, in the Rules thread. Look under a post by me, labled Thread Web. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:07 pm
Nana_Wing
There is a list of locations and where they are, in the Rules thread. Look under a post by me, labled Thread Web. 3nodding

Thanx, now i know im new but i thought id throw this out there. Can we think about maybe making a visual map. I mean keep it vague for rpg sense but for new users that get lost like i was at first. it could help them visualize the whole aspect of where they are and then hopefully dont get the wrong idea. if you would like some ideas of what im talking about i can upload some maps ive done in the past for other people. im just trying to offer any assistance i can.  

knux15

Nana_Wing
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:18 pm
xp There is actually a chipset for a map made up. I suppose it can all be slapped together and uploaded anytime.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:36 am
Nana_Wing
xp There is actually a chipset for a map made up. I suppose it can all be slapped together and uploaded anytime.

cool id like to see even a sketch of what this place looks like i mean even if its not for here id like to do a personal project with some cgi stuff for myself... im bored *sigh*  

knux15

Hytoshu Rahl

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:34 pm
Hmmmm. Work is boring and I wanted to post something that may add to the benifit of the guild. That being said this may turn out to be huge.

Before I dig in let me congratulate the Guild. Many another guild has fallen through the floor and I bet we rank in the top 100 in forums. I would be curious to see if we are one of the oldest guilds in existance. Congrates to KB for not only making on the first page of the original thread (before GNN and our 17,000 post) but for also sticking with it for this long. That shows that we have dedication and charisma. That being said let the ripping begin.

1st problem. When you roleplay in a group of your peers (assuming its pen and paper) usually a moderator or story teller would not let a character be evil. There has been many a reason for this in past famous games like Dungeons and Dragons and Vampire: The Masquerade. The first reason is if you look at reality the majority of things done are usually good. Very rarely will someone steal your goods, burn down your house, or purposely attack you if you bump into them walking. Everynow and then an anime will come on with a particular bad a** that can act like the s**t but even then he has a known weakness which can be exploited without harm.
When I story tell anything the first thing I get through to the group is "You are a team, act like it." Quite frankly, we don't act like a team and we haven't for a while. We have a dwindling group of people that are waiting for something to happen (a quest for a telescope that could see into the future, to find a black map so we could find the dead angel on the back of the moon, or even help a local gnome population with their monster problem.) and then we have the group which you have to work to get into their quest. No offense to TJ, Nana, Mastema or Tru but its really hard to incorporate a wide range of characters into your quest. It would be good for a subplot but right now thats all we have for the main.

2nd: There are no character sheets nor should we have any. The beauty of originally joining this was there were no restrictions. Lets not change now but instead lets limit people from developing powers without rping the developement.
In the games World of Darkness, Vampire: The Requim, Werewolf: the Forsaken and Mage: The Ascension there were these awesome "powers" called merrits. Simular to that of feats in DnD but far more common and used for a more practical purpose. You can assign points into merrits and gain that ability. Say you wanted to learn kung fu... after enough points you could eventually master kung fu. However you need XP points before you could purchase merrit points. I recomend using a modded version of this for our guild. Not everyone can fight two handed off the bat, but if you learn it you'll do just fine.

3rd: Villians are great but they're also depressing. Constantly fighting someone thats more powerful than you will turn you suicidal. It would be great if we could all go back to the "Black Company Mercenary Guild" and quest with each other together again. Theres not enough people on anymore to take half of them and make them villians. Sure we need bad guys but not one that stays bad always. HERES MY SOLUTION: every so often a person should make up a quest and walk people through it. That means once a week we'll go to a dwarven city under KB's quest or run through a forest doing something for Kaiori. Doesn't matter but it would create a reason and it would eliminate the need for a full time group of villians. The person hosting the quest would be all the NPCs and would describe the scenery. If nothing else we could try this and if it falls flat go back to the old way. I think it may work though.

Well, those are my suggestions so far. Plenty of typos and a fair share of bad grammer but I hope the meaning gets across. Not bitching or purpossly offending anyone. I'm actually working on getting a group to come with me to get a magical harp.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:15 pm
We're bringing the garden back to life, along side the Dojo, and want input on what should be in the new garden. Since it is the Dojo garden, the Dojo people have the main voice right? Read over some of what was there before and help us improve upon the design. 3nodding

There were trees, lots of secluded areas, a waterfall with a pond, and another pond with a small stream connecting them, and I'd assume a little bridge over the stream. A climbing rose vine along one wall, and several other flowers and such. So aside from these things that were, what else would you find nice in a garden for the Dojo?  

Nana_Wing
Vice Captain

Anastasius Focht

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:20 pm
As Nana said, the garden is being redone and I am not a landscape designer so go ahead and make suggestions. A basic idea of keeping some of the old elements would be nice but there is nothing to prevent change.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:14 pm
Noting suggestions in case Focht can't find them again. sweatdrop

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?page=2823&t=782#83044904
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?page=2824&t=782#83045153  

Nana_Wing
Vice Captain

taylorNOTashley

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:16 pm
How about a big grassy area that's surrounded by plants and stuff with a huge shady tree in the middle? Or a bench or something... Just somewhere I can sleep xd

Truly my favorite thing to do 3nodding

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:17 pm
Just checking in while I got a bit of spare time. Hey Nana, thanks for the guild info. I will post ideas later. ^_^  

R.E.V.

Eshen

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:11 am
thanks for tellin' me and i'll have a few ideas for you in the next few days  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:10 pm
[ KB ]
My personal suggestion runs along the lines of the subforum one. However instead of keeping the subforum along the main BC timeline, I'd prefer if it were outside of the BC entirely in respects to IC. New characters, new areas, fresh start. Maybe a couple of guest-appearances by the more reputable people from time to time, but nothing major.

In essence, I think that a subforum should include all aspects of roleplay, but be completely different. A single subforum, as tracking multiple would be annoying.

Furthermore, I suggest that this subforum have a mod made for it. Someone who can run it, aside from Mas or Nana. They can supervise content, but that should be the extent of their influence. We can all see already the damage they've caused, though that might just be my own personal view.

In any case, if the members agree, I think they should collectively vote and choose on a context and someone to be a crewmember to lead this subforum's operations. I think that in the case of this issue the members should have the power, as it would be made for the members.

Suggestions?

[ KB ]

Hytoshu Rahl

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:05 pm
I like this idea... although I can't be on too much anymore because of school, band, orchestra, cross country, key club, national honors sociaty and the jazz band I'm in... I do like that idea though.  
Black Company

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff