Welcome to Gaia! ::

Monster High - Where the ghoul kids rule!

Back to Guilds

An original character roleplay guild set in the world of Monster High! 

Tags: Monster High, Dolls, RPing, Webisodes, Frankie Stein 

Reply Monster High
OOC: fanart Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Draconia St George
Crew

Beloved Friend

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:52 pm
These aren't edited but I think they turned out okay. Stupid overcast cold day!

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:54 am
Mar. 21- 27

Lazy Days!
Draw a Monster High Character, Main Verse or Your OC. On a Lazy Day where they just have nothing to do but relax.

You have til Sunday to post your wonderful art.
IT DOES NOT NEED TO BE A FULL FLEDGED ART IT CAN BE A SKETCH OR A DOODLE

Demona MH

Desirable Bloodsucker

Draconia St George
Crew

Beloved Friend

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:43 pm
Demona MH
Mar. 21- 27

Lazy Days!
Draw a Monster High Character, Main Verse or Your OC. On a Lazy Day where they just have nothing to do but relax.

I have a rough sketch for this, I hope to have it up within the next couple days. biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:45 pm
Draconia St George
Demona MH
Mar. 21- 27

Lazy Days!

I have a rough sketch for this, I hope to have it up within the next couple days. biggrin

Alright I look forward to see it blaugh  

Cassandra MH

Sparkly Trash

Marceline LaGhede

Fanatical Friend

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:57 pm
Cassandra MH
Draconia St George
Demona MH
Mar. 21- 27

Lazy Days!

Alright I look forward to see it blaugh

Alright, I'll play. biggrin

Also I grinned like an idiot for that ENTIRE photoset of Rory and Marceline! I can't wait till she comes home! biggrin biggrin biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:16 pm
Marceline LaGhede

Also I grinned like an idiot for that ENTIRE photoset of Rory and Marceline! I can't wait till she comes home! biggrin biggrin biggrin

I should probably give a report on how she came together like I did for Dashner, since she was such an interesting build!

Starting off, what I received was a body, a hat, the skeleton lower limbs and the skeleton lower legs. I also received a pair of cutoff pants and the silver Scarah Screams shoes. There was some green hair included in the package as well.

The decision was made to use Skull Shores Ghoulia's head for Marceline, which I think was a great choice because of it's pointed features, which really helped accent the skullishness we wanted for Marceline.

User Image

My first step was airbrushing the body Marceline's skin tone and rooting the head. One of Marceline's most defining features is her huge, unruly hair, so I rooted in a LOT of hair. I even ended up using part of another couple green hanks I had so Marceline actually has 4 different greens in her hair.

Marceline didn't have hands! I ordered a pair of Skelita hands/arms from Mattel's customer service site. Although the pegs for Skelita hands are smaller than the CAM pegs Marceline's arms and legs use, I wrapped thread around the peg posts and secured it with glue and they fit snug and are perfectly poseable.

User Image

Marceline's shoes are painted with emerald metallic fleck paint, so they look dark until they hit the sunlight and then they sparkle pretty magnificently. The feathers on the back were cut from some leftover Phoenix CAM shoes I had in my parts box.

The feathers on her hat were cut from a Toralei purse...the purse actually went to Demona's doll. I was happy I was able to find a use for the extra bits I cut off of it! The skullette on Marceline's top hat is one of the emoticon pieces from the last series of CAM dolls.

User Image

After curling, Marceline's hair became just magnificent. I used foam rollers and straws so there are a couple of different sizes of curls in there. Because of her vast amount of hair and big hat, she's a very top-heavy doll.

User Image

You can see the feathers and emoticon skullette here before I painted them. I just drilled a hole in the hat, drilled a hole in the feathers, and pushed the peg from the skullette into the hat. There's also a strap of elastic on the hat so it will stay on her head.

User Image

Hand painted head and hat completed! I have a new 18-0 paintbrush that really made the eyelashes and other tiny details easy. And a new 'daylight' lamp that was super helpful too.

User Image

Marceline's shirt is a yellow stretch knit and the stripes are painted on puffy paint. I used modelmaker's masking tape (which is about 1/8" wide) to mask off the stripes and paint them so they would be straight. The original pants I received for the doll were okay, but a little bit shorter than I wanted them to be, so I sewed her new pants out of twill. They're pleated in the front.

Her feather earrings were cut out of another pair of CAM shoes I had in my parts box. The feathers were cut out and I drilled a hole for the earring post to be inserted in.

The jacket in these pictures was a scrap jacket that I used to make patterns from.

User Image

Nearly complete, Marceline's purple sash was made from ribbon, and her jacket is satin with a metallic accent lining on the tails and the collar. Her necklaces and bead belts are glass beads.

Because she was so topheavy her stand has some loose change glued into the underside of it and then resin poured over that to keep it in place. It makes her very stable when she's on the stand.

Her spellbox toolbox was from Scaris Ghoulia.

I think that pretty much covers her creation process! She was a fun doll.

Draconia St George
Crew

Beloved Friend

Melody Nocturna

Intellectual Informer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:38 pm
User Image
When someone you don't like messages you

This is also GB Demona btw, not Gryff! rofl  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:00 pm
Last day for the lazy day week!  

Demona MH

Desirable Bloodsucker

Hellene Harpie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:53 pm
I'd like to request that anyone putting more than 1 image in a post, please put them under a spoiler cut.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:57 pm
have they fixed that code in guilds?

Oh good. Last I checked they were broken.  

Draconia St George
Crew

Beloved Friend

Gryff N

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:34 pm
LAZY DAY! Ironic, given that I worked all weekend.

User Image  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:45 pm
User Image
Nothing like a good book and a nice bath
(LAZY DAY)  

Melody Nocturna

Intellectual Informer

Kai Merha

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:42 pm
When you're a mad artist, you don't have lazy days, you have messy days.

User Image  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:00 pm
User Image

Lazy Day submission, This is half of Cassie's room JUST IMAGINE IT PINK. My favorite bits of her room is the "Clawley" record player she got from UrBONE outfitters, Its in teal blue. She's on Grimblr Listening to Marinuhhhh and the DIE-monds and another fave part is ALL THOSE VIP BADGES  

Demona MH

Desirable Bloodsucker

Hellene Harpie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:39 pm
Unf, these are all so fun. Does anyone else want to make a regular thing of this? Like once a week or every other week, we all do a sketch based on a theme?  
Monster High

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff