Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Arc 3 - Glimmers in the Dark (Main Roleplay) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 99 100 101 102 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:20 pm
Ilikan had wanted to allow for personal rituals or grieving, but as the disturbance under his feet grows worse he slowly channels into the power of the earth spirits around them, letting his tempestuous patron spirit guide them to him calmly as he closed his eyes a moment to determine more before walking back up to the group.

"Heads up," he said quietly to Revenge and Kuori, drawing his hammer but careful not to raise his voice too much- if something was coming to ambush them, best not let them know they'd been found out. And considering his new job, given in seriousness or jest, he stood as close to the child on the magical horse as he could. "We have company coming."

If he could piece out the direction, or anything more, he'd tell them that- otherwise, sharing his supposition that something was coming from underfoot.

[Perception: 34 to determine direction of tremors, pick up other information.]  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:16 pm
As Ilikan channels the earth spirits around him he is certain something is tunneling underneath the ground toward their position...something huge! Thanks to his awareness however, whatever monstrosity was coming up from underneath wasn't going to take them by surprise.

(Everyone roll initiative!)  

Kowsauni
Crew

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:54 pm
It Came From Below
User Image
(Rocks taking up less than one square, as well as squares occupied by dead bodies, are difficult terrain. Rocks larger than 1 square require an athletics check of 8 to move over.

Initiative Order
Purple Worm:
Ruin HP: 54/59, +2 AC, AP used, Prone
Valac: HP: 64/69, +2 to Hit,Prone
Revenge HP:59/65, Prone
Purple Worm:
Ilikan HP:60/75,
Kuori HP: 49/54, +1 Fort, Ref, Will, Prone,
Irene

Suddenly the entire party feels the earth shake, but only for a second before the ground explodes underneath them sending everyone flying (5 damage, prone), with the exception of Irene and Illikan who were standing just far enough away. Gotham's body was flung from Kuori's hands but it lands next to her. As the dust clears, the party is left facing a massive purple monstrosity with a mouthful of foot long, sword-like teeth. It's hungry roar echoes across the battlefield. Irene stammers out. "I...I...I think that's a Purple Worm! I've never seen one before in person! It must have been drawn here by all the corpses. Amazing!"

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

((Ruin up!))  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:00 pm
"Next time kid, Info on how to kill it first. Then be awestruck." Ruin said as he stood up and quickly shortened the distance between the worm and him. And with a spell, he would don a cloak of the coldest parts of his master's domain...

Move: Stand up
Minor: Item Encounter Power{Boot}: Shift 2 squares closer
- +1 AC and Reflex ENT
Standard: Armor of Agathy: Gain 11 THP, 11 cold damage at the start of the worm's turn. and 13 on it's second turn this round(if it doesn't move, nor that is a typo)  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:14 am
Valac takes his feet angrily drawing his vanguard fullblade once more roaring as he charged in swinging, "One overgrown worm after another!"

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:48 pm
59/65 hit points, Purple Worm marked

MOVE ACTION

"Kuori, you're a Ranger. What's its weakness?" Revenge would call out as Revenge stumbled to his feet, trying to steady himself after that rather massive jostling.

MOVE ACTION

Raising his shield, he would cautiously approach the creature. However, he was too close to charge but too far to strike easily, so he did not have adequate time to find an opening in its carapace to strike true.

MINOR ACTION

"Down here, beastie! Ilikan, keep Miss Blackwood from harm!"

Quote:
Divine Challenge, Purple Worm is marked.

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:02 pm
Valac's sword clangs harmlessly off the armored scales of the huge purple worm.

Feeling Ruin's painful cold aura, the worm leans down and clamps his enormous jaws around him. (17 Damage and Ruin is now grabbed). It then feels the burn from Revenge's divine Challenge.

(Ilikan up)  
SCN_ Grey_fox rolled 1 6-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-6)
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:00 pm
"Taste hellfire, you poor excuse for fishbait!" Ruin yelled as he let his hatred burn

Free action: Infernal Wrath
6 fire damage  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

Psychofish rolled 1 20-sided dice: 14 Total: 14 (1-20)

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:45 pm
((Wonky as it seems, reading the rules I seem to be able to aid another to boost Irene's defenses even if I'm not adjacent to her, as long as I'm attacking the thing I'm defending her from- if that's not kosher, we can switch this up to moving adjacent to Ruin and buffing his defenses instead.))

"If chatting up giant worms were a part of that skillset you mentioned," the human said as he gave a careful nod to the girl, keeping in mind where she was as he took the shortest line to approach the giant worm, less focused on striking it than making sure it'd have a hard time of it if it tried to get past him toward her. "Now would be the time."

[Aid Another: Basic attack vs DC 14 to add +2 to defenses on next attack from Purple Worm.]
[Basic Attack: 1d20+12=28 vs DC 14]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:44 pm
Kuori stands and gives a firm, "Group up on it. I'm going to do a new trick when after you get into position." She hefts the morningstar up with one hand as purple light erupts from beneath the worm, accompanied by the sound of crashing waves. "VALAC, TAKE THE SHOT!"

---------------------------------------------
Move: Stand
No action: Knowledge Nature 17
Standard:
A burning column of light engulfs your foe. Its brilliance burns and hinders your foe’s defense for a short time.
Encounter ✦ Divine, Implement, Radiant
Standard Action Ranged 10
Target: One creature
Attack: 27 vs. Reflex
Hit: 19 radiant damage.
Effect: Valac gains combat advantage against
the target until the end of your next turn.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:47 pm
It Came From Below
User Image
(Rocks taking up less than one square, as well as squares occupied by dead bodies, are difficult terrain. Rocks larger than 1 square require an athletics check of 8 to move over.

Initiative Order
Purple Worm:
Ruin HP: 36/59, +2 AC, AP used, Grabbed
Valac: HP: 64/69, +2 to Hit, CA against Worm
Revenge HP:59/65, Prone
Purple Worm:
Ilikan HP:60/75,
Kuori HP: 49/54, +1 Fort, Ref, Will,
Irene

(Kuori is aware this is a Purple Worm as Irene stated. She knows it has a reach of about 15 feet and likes to swallow its prey whole))

As Ilikan slams his hammer into the worm Kuori burns it with her holy fire.

Irene would comment sheepishly to Ilikan before he moved off. "Eheh, I'm afraid don't I have anything to really help here. I'll make sure to stay back out of danger." Irene then takes out a role of paper from a pocket and begins to sketch on it from the back of her obsidian horse.

The worm continues to clamp its jaws down on Ruin (12 Damage) despite being burn by both the warlock and the paladin.

((Ruin up!))  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:04 pm
Keeping with his promise of feeding it hellfire, Ruin would summon his blade inside the monster's throat.

Minor: Draw implement,
Minor: Wrathful Aspect: 5 Fire damage on it's next chomp,
Standard: Blazing Doom of the Void: Crit vs Fort: 58 fire and necro damage. (next damage roll gains 5 power bonus, which would be Agathy)
Armor of Agathy: 17 cold damage at the start of the worm's turn. and 9 on it's second turn this round.

If the worm tries to bite again.

"I AM going home to Illya!"

Immediate Reaction: Reflective Hellstrike: 10 Fire and necro damage and push the worm 3 squares away from the party.  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:22 pm
The Purple Worm reels from Ruins explosive attack but otherwise manages to still hold on to him.

((Valac Up!))  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:16 am
Valac in a wide carving arc of fury swings his fullblade working himself up into a rage.

<23 vs AC Rage of the Crimson Hurricane. Damage: 12>  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:25 am
This time Valac manages to catch the worm between some scales and give it a nasty nick.  
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 99 100 101 102 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games