Welcome to Gaia! ::

POKEMON: Eᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ Rᴇᴠᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying guild focused on fun and entertainment! We try to keep our members in mind in everything we do! 

Tags: Pokemon, Roleplay, RPing, Gaming, Revolution 

Reply ❻ Kalos Region
Santalune City Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 54 55 56 57 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Razsminion

Romantic Mage

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:39 am
Loonamist
Don't worry Taz, Dumuzi is totally going to the Tanadata in a Yukata. >w>
Dumuzi: O-only because they didn't have my size in the male version! >///>

User Image
D U M U Z I B L A C K W O O D

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxNemo liber est qui corpori servit
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxFortiter in re, suaviter in modo

xxxxxxxx
xxxxxxI cannot change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
-Jimmy Dean

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇

Dumuzi chuckled a little bit, raising the back of his hand to cover his mouth a bit. ”Thanks, I was always one of those people who could catch onto things right away if things interested me… the downside is that if I’m not interested it doesn’t sink in at all.” Ugh, there were a few subjects in school that threw him for a loop because of that little quirk. He lowered his hand and looked towards Taz. ”What you’re saying makes sense, nobody likes to see the same trick over and over again, it gets dull after a while.” It didn’t really surprise him that he was going to need to practice, practice, practice with his pokemon in order to pull off those combination moves that was demonstrated earlier. He wouldn’t worry about it too much when he practiced this sort of stuff, learn the basics and then improve, that’s what his Mom would say to him, and she was totally right. He nodded in response to what was said about the Combo’s as an indication that he understood fully what Taz was saying about them.
Dumuzi’s face softened, he was glad that he was getting this so far and that he was doing rather well picking things up. ”By all means, please continue if you think I got what you’re trying to teach me.” Things were starting to get interesting now, and now he was interested to see how all of this pulled together to create a show. He had never really had much of an interested in this before, but now that he understood the rules and what not a little more it was starting to get really interesting for him.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxNo one is free who is a slave to his body
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxResolute in action, gentle in manner.

Thoughts: Nothing pressing.
Feelings: Getting excited about this!
Theme music: Queen of the Mountain

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.( Titania )Hp: 180/180 Condition: N/A Lv: 18 Exp: 5/23 Status: Out of Pokeball
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.( Vivienne )Hp:110/110 Condition: N/A Lv: 11 Exp: 5/22 Status: Out of pokeball. Friendship counter Max [5/5]

Item count Payapa Berry: 11/30 x1
TM 59 Incinerate: 35/40
Wild Encounter's 20/5
NPC Encounter: 60/??
Moving Location: 3/3

Items: Pokedex
-Infinite Pokeballs User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
-Infinite Potions User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
-5 antidote User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
- 1 Heartscale User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
-Sooth bell
-5 Sitrus Berries
- 2 Paralyze PotionsUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

TM #83 Infestation
HM O1 Cut

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Ralts ♀ ( Titania )█ Sassy █ Psychic◆ Fairy █
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
█ Fairy ◆ Offensive █ Disarming Voice►40▐ - Never Misses
█ Psychic ◆ Offensive █ Confusion ►50▐ - 4/10 Chance of confusion
█ Grass ◆ Offensive █ Magical leaf► 60▐ - unaffected by changes to accuracy stat and evasion stat.
█ Psychic ◆ Defensive █ Teleport ►N/A▐ - Allows User to Flee Wild Battles; Also Warps Player to the Last Pokemon Center they visited
Next Move wanted: Lv 19 Heal pulse
Held item:
Ability:Synchronize: When this Pokémon becomes Poisoned, Paralyzed, or Burned, so does the opponent. However, Fire-type and Water Veil ability Pokémon cannot be Burned, Poison-type and Steel-type and Immunity ability Pokémon cannot be Poisoned, and Limber ability Pokémon cannot be Paralyzed.*

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Marill ( Vivienne )♀ █ Hardy █ Water ◆ Fairy █
█ Water ◆ Offensive █ Bubble ►40▐ - 1/2 chance of lowering targets speed
█ Water ◆ Offensive █ Watergun ►40▐ -
█ Normal ◆ Defensive █ Defense Curl ►N/A▐ - Raises user's defense by one stage, doubles the power of rollout and ice ball as long as the user remains in battle
█ Rock ◆ Offensive █ Rollout ►Special▐ - Does damage over five turns (10, 20, 40, 80, 100), If Defense Curl was used any time prior to using Rollout, damage at each interval is twice the base amount
Next Move wanted:Lv 13 Bubble Beam
Held item: Sooth Bell
Ability:Huge Power: All physical attacks used by this pokemon will do x1.3 damage*

*A very special thanks to Tano who let's us use his formats for free! Thanks man, you rock my socks~! heart

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:35 am
User Image
Taz

Taz nods. "A lot of it really does make sense, which helps when you're learning it. The fact that you have to practice as much as you do helps concrete it," he agreed, loosely folding his arms over his chest. His gaze shifted down to Dumuzi's pokemon. His Marill would probably do well in a Beauty, or maybe a Cute contest, though he wasn't incredibly familiar with its moveset. The Ralts, though... he was positive would do well in a Smart Contest. He'd seen a lot of them there, they had great movesets for it. Of course, that didn't mean that was what it had to go in... he would let Dumuzi decide that. If the boy asked for suggestions, he might share is personal opinion and experience, but the more the young trainer figured out for himself, the more pride he could take in getting as far as he would likely get.

He shifted and stepped back, nodding as Dumuzi gave him the go ahead on moving forward with the demonstration. "Alright, Luke usually participates in Cool contests, so keep that in mind. I already have him and some of my other pokemon set up and contest ready, so... this would be much like what you could expect to see when someone releases their pokemon for their first impression," he explained, shifting back and pulling a pokeball off his belt. Chas turned and slipped away, giving some room, and Taz tossed the pokeball up, letting it snap open, light streaking to the ground as before. This time, however, something accompanied it, and as it hit, and grew to form the pokemon being released, fire blasted out to either side, billowing up. At the same time, it seemed to grow darker around them, as though a cloud had moved over the sun, as the pokemon's form took shape. Sharp eyes snapped open, the darkness growing heavier around them, pulsating, and a Lucario finally became discernible, a cape billowing behind him, almost matching the movement of the fire that now stood out in stark contrast to the lacking light. A narrow hat rested over his head, and covered one eye as he bowed his head, a final, pulse of darkness radiating off him, the fire dying, and the darkness finally fading away. The Lucario straightened up, tilting its head, now looking at Dumuzi curiously with its performance over.

"That was dark pulse-- the acessories can be used to assist in creating the atmosphere. Even if they might look doofy to some, they usually help, one way or another, especially if you're smart about using them. Similarly, that fire? It was a pokeball seal, another item that can be used to add appeal to your initial introduction, and starting appeal. There are a few different kinds, that are appropriate for different contests, just like accessories," he explained, "He and Chas can demonstrate a battle round next, so that you'll get an idea of how that goes, and then we can discuss some of the other things you can do to prepare. Any more questions so far?" he asked, deciding to give one last chance before putting on another performance. Dumuzi seemed pretty good at getting the hang of it so far, but it was better to take things subject at a time, so that there's not an ambush of information, or, in return, questions. He was glad the teen seemed to be taking an interest, though. Maybe he'd actually consider giving contests a try?

Razsminion
Taz: I'm sure you'll pull it off, Dumuzi -smile smirks-

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Razsminion

Romantic Mage

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:36 pm
Loonamist

User Image

xxxxxxxx
xxxxxxI cannot change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
-Jimmy Dean

Dumuzi watched intently as the Lucario made his entrance into the world from his pokeball, the flames, the dark pulse, it was pretty intense in a cool way and it was really rather interesting to see how something like this could all pull together to make a really interesting performance like that. Dumuzi bowed his head ever so slightly as he took everything all in. So, he could get some pokemon seals… wherever those where… to give his pokemon’s entrance some pizazz to it. Though with the dynamic entry of a move that really complimented the seal when it was used could really tie together and made a grand entrance. When he was asked if he had any questions there was only one that really came to mind: ”Clothes, seals… books on the move sets, where are earth do you get all of this stuff? I don’t remember seeing anything like them in the shops before, was that because it’s better to find them where there are contests or do I just pass by them every day and never notice? Similarly, when it comes to costumes and other clothing related items do you make your own or is there a shop for that as well?” Dumuzi would be easily able to make his own costumes for his pokemon, given enough needle and materials, so he wasn’t worried about that, but the rest of the accessories were rather foreign to him having never even seen such things before.

While Dumuzi was waiting for Taz to answer, he felt a tug at the bottom of his pantleg where he looked down to see Vivienne looking up at him with a cute little smile on her face and her eyes glistening with excitement. ”What’s up, Viv?” She pointed towards the other pokemon with a few more pulls on his pantleg. ”You wanna try this out?” Viv nodded enthusiastically. Dumuzi giggled and scooped up his pokemon. ”Let’s let them show us a demonstration first, then I’m sure that Taz will let you have your time to show us your stuff, okay?” Vivienne chirped happily. Dumuzi looked over his shoulder at Titania. ”Do you want to try too, Titania.” Titania looked a little uncomfortable with the idea and Dumuzi picked up on that. ”No? That’s okay. We’ll let you get some practice in when nobody is around so that you can build up your confidence with doing this, alright?” This seemed to please Titania and took this opportunity to placed his bag next to a tree so that he could get it off his shoulders, he wasn’t sure if the demonstration would take too long or not considering that there was only going to be one move per round for four rounds before the final act occurred. Dumuzi wasn’t sure how long the last segment of the contest would go or for how long but he was more than happy to get comfortable while he watched. So with Vivienne watching eagerly in his arms he turned to face the show that Taz was about to put on. ”Okay, ready when you are.”

Thoughts: Wow, Vivienne seems eager for this. ^.^
Feelings: Getting excited about this!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.( Titania )Hp: 180/180 Condition: N/A Lv: 18 Exp: 6/23 Status: Out of Pokeball
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.( Vivienne )Hp:110/110 Condition: N/A Lv: 11 Exp: 6/22 Status: Out of pokeball. Friendship counter Max [5/5]

Item count Payapa Berry: 12/30 x1
TM 59 Incinerate: 36/40
Wild Encounter's 21/5
NPC Encounter: 61/??

-Infinite Pokeballs User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
-Infinite Potions User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
-Sooth bell
-5 Sitrus Berries
- 2 Paralyze PotionsUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

TM #83 Infestation
HM O1 Cut

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Ralts ♀ ( Titania )█ Sassy █ Psychic◆ Fairy █
█ Grass ◆ Offensive █ Magical leaf► 60▐ - unaffected by changes to accuracy stat and evasion stat.
█ Psychic ◆ Defensive █ Teleport ►N/A▐ - Allows User to Flee Wild Battles; Also Warps Player to the Last Pokemon Center they visited
Held item:
Ability:Synchronize: When this Pokémon becomes Poisoned, Paralyzed, or Burned, so does the opponent. However, Fire-type and Water Veil ability Pokémon cannot be Burned, Poison-type and Steel-type and Immunity ability Pokémon cannot be Poisoned, and Limber ability Pokémon cannot be Paralyzed.*

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Marill ( Vivienne )♀ █ Hardy █ Water ◆ Fairy █
█ Normal ◆ Defensive █ Defense Curl ►N/A▐ - Raises user's defense by one stage, doubles the power of rollout and ice ball as long as the user remains in battle
█ Rock ◆ Offensive █ Rollout ►Special▐ - Does damage over five turns (10, 20, 40, 80, 100), If Defense Curl was used any time prior to using Rollout, damage at each interval is twice the base amount
Ability:Huge Power: All physical attacks used by this pokemon will do x1.3 damage*

*A very special thanks to Tano who let's us use his formats for free! Thanks man, you rock my socks~! heart

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:25 pm
User Image
Taz

Taz loosely crossed his arm as Dumuzi spoke, but smiled a bit at his questions. All good points, he was glad that he seemed interested and attentive enough to think to ask about them. "Contest halls will definitely have a lot of the essentials-- some of the other stuff you can buy in cities, and others, if you want, you can make-- or buy. A lot of the times, they're a sort of 'Once you start looking you start seeing them' kind of thing," he replied, dropping his hands and gesturing. He stepped over to his pokemon, making sure they were both set, and holding out his hands for his Lucario to hand him his accessories so that they could do the final stage.

He glanced over while his pokemon prepared, smiling a bit at Dumuzi's pokemon's enthusiasm, and wrapping up the cloak to keep it safe in his arms. "They're more than welcome to try, after we've finished. I'd be curious to see what they can do," he remarked, then stepped back. He turned to his pokemon, nodding to them, and they both moved, staying about a stage distance apart, and facing off. "The final part of contests, like I mentioned, involves a sort of faux battle round. The point isn't to hurt your opponents, but rather to increase your own appeal or decrease theirs. They pokemon are generally taught to pull their punches-- but you'll find some trainers don't always bother to teach their pokemon that, so be ready for it."

As he spoke, Chas lifted his head, opening his maw once more to send pulses of water towards Lucario, who braced himself against the attack. "Both pokemon start with 0 appeal for this particular round, and at the end, whatever appeal you've earned will be added to your total score-- even if it's negative. So look out for that. The Water Pulse move Chas just used is one that lowers the judges expectation of the opponent-- so the move Lucario does next will likely earn less appeal than it normally would," he continued as Lucario lowered himself, pulling his fist back, then rushing, his claws darkening with a shadowy force wafting around them. He struck at Chas, who jerked back, the attack barely missing, and quickly countered with a Blizzard attack. "Which means that Shadow Claw's appeal would be less than normal. Now watch--" Taz instructed, as Lucario was knocked back by the Blizzard. The steel-fighting pokemon yelped, and shuddered when he landed, but recollected himself. "That move startled Lucario. It's a tactic, and some moves are good for guaranteeing that. Startling a pokemon lowers it's appeal; some moves lower it by a small amount, others by much more. Right now, Chas is in the lead as far as appeal goes," he explained, "If Lucario had a move that was based off his opponent's appeal, this would be a good time for him to use it. He doesn't, though, but those are the kinds of things to think about when forming your pokemon's moveset-- do I have a defense against taking appeal loss, like beign startled? If I don't, do I have a move that can help recover from that loss? Do I want to battle offensively, or defensively? Stuff like that. Also, you should know that the battle round is the only time you can switch pokemon. It doesn't necessarily provide a benefit other than being able to spread out your strategy over two pokemon's movesets, but it can help create some extra teamwork between your pokemon. You don't have to, though."

He gestured to his pokemon to let them know they could go ahead and stop, both visibly relaxing a bit from their battle-ready poses.

Razsminion
Sorry this took so long >< ;

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Razsminion

Romantic Mage

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:48 pm
Loonamist

User Image

xxxxxxxx
-Jimmy Dean

Dumuzi’s face looked a little more set in concentration at this point, this was the tougher bit of the lessons apparently. ”Okay… so for the most part, appeal is the thing that pokemon are fighting over then? So when I think of movesets I should have something to protect myself from being startled and I should try and have something that would use the other’s appeal to my advantage…” Dumuzi trailed off as his mind started to wrap around what he was being told and the possibilities that were being presented. His eyebrows angled up a bit and he offered a weak smile. ”There really is a lot more strategy to this, isn’t there? As a general rule though, I should have at least one defensive moveset to my pokemon and at least two higher appeal moves, right? The third move would be better served as a wild card…? I get the general idea of it, but trying to think of the best move set might is a little more complicated.” Dumuzi took all of this to heart though, what might be a good strategy would be to have two pokemon for each category and have their moves back up and complement one another. Dumuzi lifted his head though. ”How many times are you allowed to swap out your pokemon during this last round of the contest? Is it just the once or are you allowed to go back and forth a few times?” He assumed the former, though it wouldn’t hurt to ask just for confirmation. ”And how will I know what sort of moves could recover that lost appeal?” Dumuzi would assume that if he was to find those books that detailed the attacks that he would have an easier time with things, but right now he was kind of… well, maybe not lost, but he was out of the loop when it came to that stuff. If he had to play it by ear until he got his hands on some of those books, he might be able to at least be able to spot some key features in the moves that would indicate that he could use that move to recover the lost appeal.

Thoughts: Now we get to the more complicated stuff. ^.^;;
Feelings: Eager to learn

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.( Titania )Hp: 180/180 Condition: N/A Lv: 18 Exp: 7/23 Status: Out of Pokeball
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.( Vivienne )Hp:110/110 Condition: N/A Lv: 11 Exp: 7/22 Status: Out of pokeball. Friendship counter Max [5/5]

Item count Payapa Berry: 13/30 x1
TM 59 Incinerate: 34/40
Wild Encounter's 22/5
NPC Encounter: 62/??

-Sooth bell
-5 Sitrus Berries

TM #83 Infestation
HM O1 Cut

Held item:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:13 pm
User Image
Taz

Taz nodded, but then held up his hands, lifting one finger, and shaking the other in a sort of 'hold on, not quite' gesture. "I should have worded that better-- that's my strategy, and some others strategies. You don't have to do it, it's just... a general guideline that some go by. You can go all performance heavy-- a bunch of high appeal moves, that follow one after the other in a beneficial way. You can go all offensive, attacking your opponents appeal. Or you could go defensive, making sure you don't lose appeal. A balanced approach is most common because you never know what your opponent might have up their sleeves, even a few rounds into the last section, but keep in mind that it helps to try different things, and learn what works best for you," he clarified.

He shifted, pulling a piece of paper out of his pocket, and writing something down. "Before I forget, I want to give you my contact information-- and if you have time, I can run back to the gym and get you some of my books with some moves and what their effect is. Because, yeah... the best way to find out what moves are best for what is by using the manuals and books that are available," he said, stepping forward to hand the paper to Dumuzi with a smile, "And as for switching out pokemon, you can only do that once." He held up his finger. "At the beginning of the last section. After that, you have to stick with it through the rest of the battle, and at the end, its gained or lost appeal will be tallied with the appeal you other pokemon had gained up until that point. Make sense?" He asked, lowering his hand to place them both on his hips, giving a light smile as his pokemon waited just behind him.

Razsminion

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Razsminion

Romantic Mage

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:40 pm
Loonamist

User Image

xxxxxxxx
-Jimmy Dean

”Yeah, that makes sense to me, I guess I shouldn’t worry about anything more than what my strategy should be when it comes to winning contests. Though I’ll keep that in mind when it comes to choosing my move sets for the first little while.”
Dumuzi took the contact information with a brightness in his face and placed the info in his pocket, it would probably be safe to assume that Dumuzi would be contacting him again in the future, if anything just to be updated about the other regions and their pokemon contests. Then again, maybe he could see if Taz was in the area and do some mock contests with him in order to see where he was in the grand scheme of things. When Taz offered him the books that he was after, he perked up. ”Sure! I don’t mind going with you. I think right now I will look for pokemon to build up my team and then start to work on what would be the best place for them in the categories.” He was still planning on making an all Fairy type team, he would just have to work on how to get them into the categories that he would need to be filled. This was, kind of getting exciting for him, was this what most pokemon trainers experienced before leaving their home to go off on their journey to collect badges and work to achieve their dreams of being a Master? He still wasn’t thrilled about going back home to act in the contests, that was going to be a little too close to comfort for him in regards to being home, but at the moment he was happy to just go and collect his Fairy pokemon. He felt a renewed sense of purpose now, something that he could work towards and make him feel accomplished. ”This is… kind of exciting.” A new journey and a new place, a new goal and something new to strive for, once he truly experienced this he would be able to decide if this was the passion that Viola was talking about. Until then, he would hold onto this feeling and use it to keep him moving forwards now that he realized that his brothers dream was not his own.

Thoughts: Nothing pressing
Feelings: Motivated

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.( Titania )Hp: 180/180 Condition: N/A Lv: 18 Exp: 8/23 Status: Out of Pokeball
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.( Vivienne )Hp:110/110 Condition: N/A Lv: 11 Exp: 8/22 Status: Out of pokeball. Friendship counter Max [5/5]

Item count Payapa Berry: 14/30 x1
TM 59 Incinerate: 35/40
Wild Encounter's 23/5
NPC Encounter: 62/??

-Sooth bell
-5 Sitrus Berries

TM #83 Infestation
HM O1 Cut

Held item:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:57 pm
User Image
Taz

Taz nodded. "Definitely don't start worrying about details too much until you've done a contest or two, or at least a few practice runs," he advised, then smiled, "You don't want to worry yourself so much that you don't enjoy it, after all." He shifted, turning back to his pokemon as Dumuzi took the contact info, returning them to htheir pokeballs, and then adjusting his focus back onto the young trainer. "Great~" he chimed, grinning, and started for the gym. He was pretty sure he still had his stuff in there... and he needed to make sure to grab his art supplies like Viola had requested. "So, do you know what kinds of pokemon you'll be getting?" he asked as they walked. He paused a moment, then added sincerely, "I'm glad you're excited about it, by the way. It really didn't look like you enjoyed that battle very much."

Razsminion

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Razsminion

Romantic Mage

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:26 pm
Loonamist

User Image

xxxxxxxx
-Jimmy Dean

Dumuzi looked up in amusement at Taz when he asked about what kind of pokemon that he was going to use in the pokemon contests. ”Well, I think I’ll stick as much as I can with my Fairy types as possible, if I need to bring in another type of pokemon in order to fill in a contest spot then I guess I will. But if I can use my fairy pokemon and win all the contests that I can, I think I’ll feel like did what I set out to do. Originally I wanted to defeat the elite four and all the gyms with only my fairy types, and I don’t think my goals have changed, just adjusted to fit my new situation.” Of course, that would mean that he would have to go and find said fairy pokemon but he was sure that he would come across them eventually. Dumuzi gathered his bag and recalled his pokemon into their pokeballs, he knew that Vivienne wanted to try something out, but it looked like Taz needed to move out now, but he would allow her to get some practice in very, very soon. Dumuzi jogged a couple of paces to get caught up with Taz so that they could continue their conversation. Dumuzi’s face dropped a bit and his gaze fell downwards at the mention of him not liking the battle. ”No, I really didn’t. I thought that I would be okay with it when I first set off, but that last gym battle was really an eye opener for me and I found out the hard way that it really wasn’t for me. It’s frustrating sometimes, my brother was amazing with it and here I am barely able to finish said battle. It makes me feel like a bit of a failure.” Dumuzi lifted his head to look at the sky for a few moments, enjoying what was left of the day. ”Hey… Taz, how far would you go to be totally happy? What would you be willing to gamble away if it meant that you would achieve that happiness?” Dumuzi was curious and subtly trying to test some waters to get the answer to some unasked questions. He wasn’t sure if he would act upon it –at least not right away- but he was starting to gather the courage to try something that may bring him that happiness that everyone seemed to either be looking for or had. He had been secretly playing with the idea of becoming Feya for his journey, maybe the contest would be a good cover to bring her out and test the waters if you will. The though scared the hell out of him, but there was also a forbidden allure to the idea as well. One step at a time, that’s how he’d do it, and if it didn’t feel like it was for him then he wouldn’t bother with it anymore, if he did like it, then he would go forwards with it. But first… he needed to build up that courage first, and that was never an easy thing.

Thoughts: Fear is always the thing that holds you back, isn't it? =w=;;
Feelings: Motivated

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.( Titania )Hp: 180/180 Condition: N/A Lv: 18 Exp: 9/23 Status: Out of Pokeball
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.( Vivienne )Hp:110/110 Condition: N/A Lv: 11 Exp: 9/22 Status: Out of pokeball. Friendship counter Max [5/5]

Item count Payapa Berry: 15/30 x1
TM 59 Incinerate: 36/40
Wild Encounter's 24/5
NPC Encounter: 64/??

-Sooth bell
-5 Sitrus Berries

TM #83 Infestation
HM O1 Cut

Held item:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:06 pm
User Image
Taz

There was an oddly muted reaction from Taz when Dumuzi answered his question. He was looking ahead, and seemed to be thinking, walking towards the gym with his hands in his pockets. He shifted, glancing over at the other, looking at him thoughtfully, and then frowning as he listened. He continued making his way back towards the gym until Dumzi questioned him, and then stopped, looking up as he considered it. "I don't think about it like that," he admitted, "I've never thought of happiness as a sacrifice." He dropped his gaze, looking at Dumuzi, clearly considering something.

".... I think you should be true to yourself, whatever that means to you. I don't think you should worry about other people, or what might happen-- I think you should be who and what makes you happy. You should express yourself, and like who you are. That's why I like contests... I like working with my pokemon, all of us pulling together and training, but it's also a way to be who we are. A lot of people are trainers... Being a coordinator, especially a good coordinator..." he trailed off, shrugging. "I think everyone deserves to be happy, but I think sometimes people focus on it too much. Personally... I think more people need to let go of what they think their goals are, and just see what they enjoy doing."

He looked ahead, then back at Dumuzi with a smile. "Let's go get my stuff from the gym, then we can see what you're pokemon can do, alright? If I remember correctly, your marril wanted to try something, right?" he suggested, nodding his head and continuing towards the gym.

Razsminion

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Razsminion

Romantic Mage

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:40 pm
Loonamist
Geez, my pokemon game wished me a happy birthday and it almost brought me to tears. >.<;;;

User Image

xxxxxxxx
-Jimmy Dean

It was hard to meet Taz in the eye as he went on about being true to yourself and not seeing happiness as a sacrifice. It pulled at his heartstrings in just the right way and made him want to do more than just what he was doing with himself. Dumuzi cuddled his arms a bit and his eyes rolled to the side as the thought about what he had been told and how truly it related to his situation. ”I’ve always been what other people wanted me to be in order to be accepted by people. I did whatever it took to be accepted by those around me even if I really didn’t want to do it. It sometimes makes me wonder if I’m a cowards or just a fake. I look in the mirror at times and wonder what kind of person that I really am, sometimes I just don’t feel right with myself, I have a feeling like I know why, but I’m not always confident that I should act on it. I think the one thing that stops me is my Mom. I’ve always had a special bond with her but I’m always worried that if I stop being what I’ve been for the last little while, that it might break that bond that we have. That’s the thing that always stops me from doing what I would like to do, but have been too afraid to do.”
There was a pause, Dumuzi wasn’t sure if he was making sense to Taz or not, or if he was saying far too much about himself that he was going to be putting himself into an awkward situation with the young man. He honestly didn’t know why he was telling him this, maybe it was just something that he was holding in for so long that it was just starting to vent through the cracks, or if it was just because he felt so comfortable around Taz because… well… Taz was undeniably himself and that was something that Dumuzi was jealous of. But here he was, opening up slightly to the boy as they walked towards the gym.

Dumuzi offered a bit of a smile to Taz, though it didn’t reach his eyes. ”Yeah, let’s go, Vivienne really looked eager to show what she could do, or at least give it a try to see if you would be impressed as a judge.” Dumuzi assumed that Vivienne just wanted to try it for herself because she thought it looked rather fun or if she was just wanting to impress him with her enthusiasm for it? Regardless, he was at least happy that she was willing to try it.

Thoughts: ...
Feelings: ...

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.( Titania )Hp: 180/180 Condition: N/A Lv: 18 Exp: 10/23 Status: Out of Pokeball
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.( Vivienne )Hp:110/110 Condition: N/A Lv: 11 Exp: 10/22 Status: Out of pokeball. Friendship counter Max [5/5]

Item count Payapa Berry: 16/30 x1
TM 59 Incinerate: 37/40
Wild Encounter's 25/5
NPC Encounter: 65/??

-Sooth bell
-5 Sitrus Berries

TM #83 Infestation
HM O1 Cut

Held item:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:24 pm
User Image
Taz

Taz looked at Dumuzi as he spoke, frowning a bit. Somehow, he'd sort of... had an idea about that, with him. It had been so painfully obvious, during his battle, even after, that something was weighing on his mind. That just the gym battle alone was a drain on his energy, an effort, not a joy, and that he was doing it because he felt he needed, not because he wanted. He hadn't been sure what the motivation was... but it definitely seemed to be related to his family. He frowned, his expression serious, his eyes watching the other's expression from the shadow of his hat. He remained quiet even after Dumuzi had finished talking, looking off to the side with a bothered expression. He liked to think he was pretty good at reading people... or maybe he just had good instincts. He'd had a certain... feeling about Dumuzi since Viola called him down. From what Dumuzi said... his feeling might be right. But he wasn't sure if now was the right time to call him on it.

He remained quiet a moment more, but then swiftly stepped around to stand in front of Dumuzi, his hands reaching up to hold the young trainer by his shoulders, an earnest expression on Taz's face. "Look, Dumuzi... I want you to consider something. I don't know how often your family contacts you... but this is your journey. You're with people who don't know you, who have no preconceptions. I'd be lying if I said the contest community was all a bunch of open minded people but you'd be surprised how open it is, and how open most of them are. You should take this chance to... be whoever you want to be. To find out who that person is. And to try and find what makes you happy. Even if it's not contests, even if it's something else, use this chance to try and find what it is," he urged, then pulled back, pausing, and then withdrawing his hands, "This is just the beginning of your journey. You have all kinds of time to figure things out."

He paused, then turned, facing the gym, and glancing back at him. "I'll be right back, I'm just going to run in and get my things," he said, giving a smile, and then running in. He didn't want to bother Viola in case she was battling another trainer, or doing a photoshoot, and returned within minutes, a big bag over his shoulder with what looked like the legs of a paint stand poking out, and another bag over one shoulder. "Alright, I got my books and things. You and Vivienne ready to perform?" he asked, giving a smile and motioning for her to follow as he lead to another small, open area.

Razsminion
D'awww! I forgot that it did that...
And Happy Birthday, by the way! >w< !!

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Razsminion

Romantic Mage

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:18 pm
Loonamist
D'aww, thank you. heart .

User Image

xxxxxxxx
-Jimmy Dean

Dumuzi was silent as he listened to his Mentor talk to him about… what he was really thinking about. His face softened though still remained stoic as he was lectured on the pro’s about being off on your own to begin ones journey and the opportunities that it could bring. His shoulders relaxed a bit, he was right in so many ways, he had time to figure things out, time to adjust and time to gather his courage in order to get what steps he needed to get done, done. Eventually he gave a small, but genuine smile. ”I’ve always daydreamed about a girl named Feya, maybe it’s time to see if she’s what will give me happiness.” Saying and doing may be different things, but to admit that out loud to someone he felt he could trust made him feel as though something of a weight was lifted off his shoulders. Even if she was only a part time persona, maybe it was time to embrace the feminine side that he was oppressing because of peer pressure. That would be a good start, and if he felt that he wanted to go from there he could, and if he was comfortable being just feminine, he could be just that. He would play it by ear, Taz was right, and those were the words that he wanted to hear for a while now –this was his journey, a journey of discovery for both his interaction with his pokemon and himself… or maybe herself if it came to that.

Dumuzi readjusted his back… it seemed a little heavier than what it had been before, he had notice that when he first picked it back up when they came back from the outskirts of the town where they were going over contest information, but he never really thought about it until after his Mentor ran in to get his things from the Gym.

When Taz came back and ushered Dumuzi into the open area he took his pack off again and set it down not far off form where Taz was. He took out Vivienne’s pokeball and gave something of a giggle. ”I guess this is Vivienne’s practice Pokemon Contest debute! Alright Vivienne, show us what you got~!” When Vivienne was released from her pokeball, she came out with a rollout attack that circled around Dumuzi a couple of times before she rounded behind him, bounce a few times and cleared over Dumuzi’s head before bouncing to a stop. A heartbeat after she had stopped she popped out of her little ball with her arms in the air like an Olympic gymnast who just dismounted from a pole. An adorably stern look on her face that added to the cuteness of her move.
[Rollout: Cute: ♥♥♥ An appealing move that can be used repeatedly without boring the audience.]

Dumuzi raised the back of his hand to cover the smile and fought down the bubbling laughter that was almost ready to come out. What a ham! ”Alright, Vivienne, Performance round – move one! Let’s show him the bubble show!
Vivienne raised herself on her toes and started to spin like a ballerina, blowing bubbles that scattered all over a wide distance and filling the area that they were in, coming to a stop with her right paw up, her left foot angled downward so that he toes where touching the ground with her heel slightly in the air with the one foot and her lift hand covering her waist, again, very reminiscent of a ballerina finishing a performance.
[Bubble: Cute: ♥♥♥♥ Quite an appealing move.]

Vivienne’s enthusiasm was starting to get contagious, Dumuzi found himself starting to relax a bit and gave a flowing movement that complimented the performance. ”Performance round two, Viv! Let’s protect ourselves with a Defense Curl!”
Vivi’s little battle cry built up for a few seconds, that cutely stern look on her face with her arms up before she disappeared into a little round ball.
[ Defense curl: Cute: ♥♥ Prevents the user from being startled one time this turn.]

Dumuzi shifted on his foot on hand on his hip and the other raised above his head, like a true performer. ”Performance Round three~! Let’s give them a rollout seeing as you’re in that little ball of yours.” Vivienne kept herself in that little ball of hers and continued to burn up the area around her for a couple of laps before bouncing a few time, Dumuzi pivoted his body and raise his arms to create a T shape with his body and Vivienne bounced a couple of times over and under his raised arms before coming to a stop, popping out of her ball with a joyful little squeak.
[ Rollout: Cute: ♥♥♥ An appealing move that can be used repeatedly without boring the audience]

Dumuzi retook his position of a pose, it was perhaps a little feminine in its movements and posing, but Dumuzi seemed to be getting more and more relaxed with this. ”Final round of Performance, Vivi, lets finish this off with Water Gun.”
Vivienne’s tail glowed with a soft blue before she raised her arms to the sides and leaned her head back, a jet of water shooting upwards into the air, the sunlight bounced off the stray droplets of water to cast a rainbow above her.
[Watergun: Cute: ♥♥♥♥ Quite an appealing move.]

There was a few moments pause before Dumuzi dropped his hands and Vivienne stopped her show. He looked down at her with a supressed giggle on his lips. ”You’re a natural born ham, you know that?” He told her, unable to keep the giggles from escaping his lips. He picked her up and cuddled her for a moment before pulling her a way slightly. ”You’re all wet!” Dumuzi playfully bleched, the front of his shirt all wet in the rough image of Vivienne’s round body. She, in turn, just gave him a cheeky smile. Dumuzi looked back over to Taz with an amused look. ”So how was that for a first attempt?” He asked playfully.

Feelings: ...

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.( Titania )Hp: 180/180 Condition: N/A Lv: 18 Exp: 11/23 Status: Out of Pokeball
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.( Vivienne )Hp:110/110 Condition: N/A Lv: 11 Exp: 11/22 Status: Out of pokeball. Friendship counter Max [5/5]

Item count Payapa Berry: 17/30 x1
TM 59 Incinerate: 38/40
Wild Encounter's 26/5
NPC Encounter: 66/??

-Sooth bell
-5 Sitrus Berries

TM #83 Infestation
HM O1 Cut

Held item:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:40 pm
User Image
Taz

It was funny... but Taz was glad Viola called him over to help Dumuzi out with learning about contests. He wasn't the best inspirational talker but he did try and help people, and he was sincere about it. He... didn't always do it right, but it seemed that something he said, whatever it was, might have reached Dumuzi. He could see him opening up and relaxing before his very eyes. There was something rewarding to that. It wasn't just getting to help out, that was nice, it was also the altruistic joy of seeing a fellow trainer, a kindred spirit, coming into their own. He had a feeling Dumuzi was going to be a very talented contestant, when he got the hang of things.

And when Dumuzi began putting on a show, he seemed to be proving him right. The duo had a natural talent, and the pokemon's moveset already aligned perfectly with a contest that would fit it's adorable demeanor and personality. A grin crossed Taz's face as he watched, his eyes lighting up, and he couldn't help but drop back, sitting down, one leg bent with his arm resting over his knee as he watched, enthralled. There were some rough edges, obviously, there had to be, this was their first performance... but... it was incredible how naturally they flowed together.

When it was over, he stood up, clapping, a smile of disbelief and amazement still on his face. "I haven't seen a lot of trainers with that much natural talent," he remarked, stepping over, and pulling out some of his books, "I'd say you've got a sure fire shot at becoming a top coordinator." He handed the books over, smiling. "I really hope you'll try giving this a shot... You and Vivienne work really well together," he said, relaxing. And they did. Not only that... but Dumuzi seemed to enjoy himself. He looked like a completely different person than the young trainer wallowing through his battle just a short while ago. He seemed.... happy. And Taz hoped he was reading that right.

Razsminion
Of course~
Also, I'm sorry about Taz being so forward >w> ;; I kind of picked him because of this, hoping it would help Dumuzi, but he's being a bit more... wannabe-inspirational than I had expected xD ;

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Razsminion

Romantic Mage

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:15 am
Loonamist
Hehe! That's quiet alright. >w> He's pushed Dumuzi to where I want him to be (if maybe a little farther) so I'm all good and happy that Taz has a soap box in that little bag of his. XD

User Image

xxxxxxxx
-Jimmy Dean

Now it was Dumuzi’s turn to bow, giggling a bit as he did so. It was an odd experience, but in a good way, before, he had always shied away from the spotlight and preferred to just let others have their time dwelling in it. He never imagined that he would experience something like this making something of a fool of himself. But at the same time, he wasn’t really doing anything more or less than putting on a show for someone else to enjoy. That felt a little different than those other moments he had when he was would prefer to shy away. He couldn’t quite picture himself doing this in front of a lot of people just yet, but that could be something that he eased into. Right now, he was just happy that his first attempt seemed to have gone so well and that Vivienne seemed to enjoy putting on a show.
Dumuzi blushed a bit at the compliment and Vivienne looked just as pleased with the compliment that was given to them. ”Thanks, I’m glad you think so, though it might be a little different being in front of an audience for us.” It was true that they would probably have to get used to a larger crowd, well… maybe more Dumuzi than Vivienne, she seemed like a natural spotlight hog. ”Do you really think I got a shot at… something like that?” Now, Dumuzi wasn’t as familiar with some of these terms and ranks in the contests, being so new, but being a ‘top’ anything had got to be a fairly respectable rank. Dumuzi took the books that were offered to him. ”Thanks Taz, I hope that I can live up to your expectations, it was a lot better than the battle that I participated in with Viola. I think I’ll stick around here and collect some pokemon to train before I head back to Hoenn and start getting into the contest ring. I’m still not sure how I feel about going back just yet, but I think I can slip under the radar there until I’m ready to resurface and make my debut.” Yeah, he would at least need to wait till things blew over a little more with his whole stolen pokemon thing. Dumuzi looked up at Taz. ”So what’s next then? Is there anything else that I should know about being a Contestant?”

Feelings: ^.^

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.( Titania )Hp: 180/180 Condition: N/A Lv: 18 Exp: 11/23 Status: Out of Pokeball
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.( Vivienne )Hp:110/110 Condition: N/A Lv: 11 Exp: 11/22 Status: Out of pokeball. Friendship counter Max [5/5]

Item count Payapa Berry: 18/30 x1
TM 59 Incinerate: 39/40
Wild Encounter's 27/5
NPC Encounter: 67/??

-Sooth bell
-5 Sitrus Berries

TM #83 Infestation
HM O1 Cut

Held item:

❻ Kalos Region

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 54 55 56 57 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games